PDA

View Full Version : Upping the ante

Docthehun
05-28-2017, 07:20 AM
http://www.voanews.com/amp/third-naval-strike-force-deployed-north-korea/3873637.html

but not to be outdone.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-leader-kim-guides-test-anti-aircraft-004700453.html

DGUtley
05-28-2017, 07:29 AM
That's all we need, another war...

Peter1469
05-28-2017, 07:31 AM
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has supervised the test of a new anti-aircraft weapon system and ordered its mass production and deployment throughout the country, the state news agency reported on Sunday, after weeks of defiant ballistic missile tests.

The North's KCNA news agency did not report the exact nature of the weapon or the time of the test but said it was organized by the Academy of National Defence Science, a blacklisted agency that is believed to be developing missiles and nuclear weapons.

The North has been pushing to develop a wide range of weapon systems since early last year at an unprecedented pace including a long-range missile capable of striking the mainland United States and has in recent weeks tested its intermediate-range ballistic missile, making some technical advances.

donttread
05-28-2017, 08:44 AM

The military industrial complex is well aware that the ME is , despite the curent ISIS situation, becoming irrelevant as we move past oil. So we are lining up new or recycled threats and have been for at least a year or so. China, NK , Russia all in the news lately for doing things they've been doing right along.
Perhaps we can all find some poor defenseless nation where we can wage war upon one another through "rebels" and "evil government troops"?
But the spending must continue!

Crepitus
05-28-2017, 09:38 AM
I have the feeling that if 1 carrier group didn't intimidate him, and 2 carrier groups didn't intimidate him, then 3? Probably not gonna make much difference.

Docthehun
05-28-2017, 10:48 AM

If you get a chance, tune into Jim Mattis's interview with John Dickerson on "Face the Nation" this morning. Two of Trump's picks that particularly impress me are Rex and this guy. His sobering comments on North Korea.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-defense-secretary-james-mattis-on-face-the-nation-may-28-2017/

Peter1469
05-28-2017, 12:28 PM
I have the feeling that if 1 carrier group didn't intimidate him, and 2 carrier groups didn't intimidate him, then 3? Probably not gonna make much difference.
Then keep thinking. Why would Trump move 3 ASGs into position if intimidation doesn't work with NK?

Green Arrow
05-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Then keep thinking. Why would Trump move 3 ASGs into position if intimidation doesn't work with NK?

Because like with everything else, he doesn't know what he's doing.

Peter1469
05-28-2017, 01:01 PM
You don't move 3 ASGs across the ocean for no reason.

Crepitus
05-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Because he's just dying to start another war.

Peter1469
05-28-2017, 02:48 PM
Because he's just dying to start another war.

Half correct.

Better than nothing.

Tahuyaman
05-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Should North Korea just be ignored in hopes that they are just seeking attention?

Tahuyaman
05-28-2017, 03:21 PM

Do you think his first diplomatic trip abroad demonstrated that he doesn't know what he's doing?

Green Arrow
05-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Do you think his first diplomatic trip abroad demonstrated that he doesn't know what he's doing?

Yes, I do.

Tahuyaman
05-28-2017, 03:32 PM

Yes, I do.

Will you explain why?

del
05-28-2017, 03:40 PM

bigly

Tahuyaman
05-28-2017, 04:01 PM
bigly

Explain why.

I know it's asking a lot, but try to explain yourself without living down to my expectations.

del
05-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Explain why.

I know it's asking a lot, but try to explain yourself without living down to my expectations.

go waste someone else's time

Tahuyaman
05-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Explain why.

go waste someone else's time

Gee. Didn't see that idiocy coming.....

Tahuyaman
05-28-2017, 06:17 PM

Yes, I do.

Will you explain why?

guess not......

donttread
05-28-2017, 06:30 PM

Pissing contest?

Crepitus
05-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Pissing contest?

A carrier group can piss a looooong way.

Ethereal
05-28-2017, 06:59 PM
If Trump attacks North Korea, he will instantly become one of the worst, most tyrannical presidents in history.

Ethereal
05-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Should North Korea just be ignored in hopes that they are just seeking attention?
No, we should keep escalating the situation until a war breaks out and millions of people die.

Peter1469
05-28-2017, 07:11 PM
If Trump attacks North Korea, he will instantly become one of the worst, most tyrannical presidents in history.
I don't think Trump should attack, but I think Kim is a rational actor.

But most don't. If you think Kim is an insane nut, military action as a last resort is almost time.

Ethereal
05-28-2017, 07:15 PM
I don't think Trump should attack, but I think Kim is a rational actor.

But most don't. If you think Kim is an insane nut, military action as a last resort is almost time.

Without congressional authorization, Trump would be committing one of the most egregious and unlawful acts in the history of America.

Jezebel
05-28-2017, 07:29 PM
bigly

Bigly's not a word.

del
05-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Bigly's not a word.
wolverines aren't vegetarians

Peter1469
05-28-2017, 08:43 PM
Without congressional authorization, Trump would be committing one of the most egregious and unlawful acts in the history of America.

Congress doesn't want to be in that loop.

If is a trigger that could be seen as an emergency such as another nuclear test by NK, then Congress won't peep if the US strikes.

Crepitus
05-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Bigly's not a word.

Lol, maybe you should tell the Great Trumpkin.

Jezebel
05-28-2017, 08:54 PM
wolverines aren't vegetarians

Then what do they eat on Fridays?

Jezebel
05-28-2017, 08:59 PM
Lol, maybe you should tell the Great Trumpkin.
Why would that be? Have you ever known him to make up a word like "bigly" ?

Green Arrow
05-28-2017, 09:07 PM
guess not......
Sorry, unlike some people here, I have a life outside of this forum.

Will you explain why?
Off the top of my head, cozying up to Saudi Arabia and selling them more American weapons was a bad call. Refusing to commit one way or the other on the G7 declaration on the Paris climate agreement was also embarrassing.

Green Arrow
05-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Why would that be? Have you ever known him to make up a word like "bigly" ?
@Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345), don't answer that. Don't feed the troll.

Crepitus
05-28-2017, 09:23 PM
@Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345), don't answer that. Don't feed the troll.

Awww. He's funny.

Tahuyaman
05-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Sorry, unlike some people here, I have a life outside of this forum.

Off the top of my head, cozying up to Saudi Arabia and selling them more American weapons was a bad call. Refusing to commit one way or the other on the G7 declaration on the Paris climate agreement was also embarrassing.

Not embracing the hoax of man made climate change is a plus. Why would a capitalist nation want to commit to anti capitalist ideas?

if one is expecting to create stability in the ME it's going to need to be a joint effort to include Saudi Arabia.

Green Arrow
05-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Not embracing the hoax of man made climate change is a plus. Why would a capitalist nation want to commit to anti capitalist ideas?
Climate change has nothing to do with capitalism and I said he refused to commit one way or the other. Even backing out would have been preferable to refusing to commit one way or the other.

if one is expecting to create stability in the ME it's going to need to be a joint effort to include Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia is part and parcel of the instability. You don't fix it by enabling them to continue fucking it up.

Dr. Who
05-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Congress doesn't want to be in that loop.

If is a trigger that could be seen as an emergency such as another nuclear test by NK, then Congress won't peep if the US strikes.

Madness for nothing. NK could never develop enough nukes, never mind long range nukes to threaten America. The solution to NK is China. If China tells NK to stand down, it will.

Jezebel
05-29-2017, 01:40 AM
LoL, because you know the answer. Trump never said "bigly" he said "big league".

Peter1469
05-29-2017, 04:48 AM
Madness for nothing. NK could never develop enough nukes, never mind long range nukes to threaten America. The solution to NK is China. If China tells NK to stand down, it will.

EMP strike.

Tahuyaman
05-29-2017, 09:44 AM
Climate change has nothing to do with capitalism and I said he refused to commit one way or the other. Even backing out would have been preferable to refusing to commit one way or the other.

Saudi Arabia is part and parcel of the instability. You don't fix it by enabling them to continue $#@!ing it up.

Climate change is is entirely an anti capitalist movement. That's part of the hoax.

How can you create stability in a region if you ignore certain nations which contribute to that instability?

Green Arrow
05-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Climate change is is entirely an anti capitalist movement. That's part of the hoax.
It's a science movement. Capitalism is irrelevant.

How can you create stability in a region if you ignore certain nations which contribute to that instability?

Such as?

Tahuyaman
05-29-2017, 12:46 PM
It's a science movement. Capitalism is irrelevant.

The he issue of man made climate change has no relationship with science.

Tahuyaman
05-29-2017, 12:48 PM

Such as?

You can't answer the question, so you cammoflage that by asking another question.

Green Arrow
05-29-2017, 12:56 PM
You can't answer the question, so you cammoflage that by asking another question.

I can't answer the question because I don't know which nation(s) you're referring to. Clarify your statement and I'll answer your question.

Tahuyaman
05-29-2017, 12:59 PM
I can't answer the question because I don't know which nation(s) you're referring to. Clarify your statement and I'll answer your question.

Ok.... If you claim that Saudi Arabia is one of the major causes of instability in the Middle East, how would you Foster stability by isolating them? Wouldn't you be required to engage them and motivate a change in behaviors?

Green Arrow
05-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Ok.... If you claim that Saudi Arabia is one of the major causes of instability in the Middle East, how would you Foster stability by isolating them? Wouldn't you be required to engage them and motivate a change in behaviors?

Sure, but not by kissing their butts and selling them weapons. You do have to isolate them to a degree and force them to the table.

Tahuyaman
05-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Sure, but not by kissing their butts and selling them weapons. You do have to isolate them to a degree and force them to the table.

We're done. You can't be coaxed into participating in a substantive discussion.

del
05-29-2017, 01:40 PM
lol

Green Arrow
05-29-2017, 03:17 PM

Coax is a data transmission cable.

Tahuyaman
05-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Coax is a data transmission cable.
Your first sentence is generally a smarmy insult. You can't express a thought without that. Go shout into your echo chamber.

del
05-29-2017, 05:33 PM
irony abounds

Green Arrow
05-29-2017, 06:31 PM
Your first sentence is generally a smarmy insult. You can't express a thought without that. Go shout into your echo chamber.

A smarmy insult against the Saudis and maybe Trump, sure.

Tahuyaman
05-29-2017, 06:34 PM
A smarmy insult against the Saudis and maybe Trump, sure.

Not just then.

Bethere
05-30-2017, 01:10 AM

Domestic political consumption.

Luckily bethere was here to educate and inform.

Hal Jordan
05-30-2017, 01:32 AM

With this response, you support terrorism by enabling Saudi Arabia to continue leading it. Seriously?

Peter1469
05-30-2017, 04:21 AM
Domestic political consumption.

Luckily bethere was here to educate and inform.
Your wild guess is likely incorrect. Bringing 3 ASGs together is not only expensive but it stresses the Navy and its global mission. If all three stay off NK it is very likely they will be used if Kim doesn't back down.

donttread
05-30-2017, 06:35 AM

We are told these are super ships and one could take him down. Is that war buff fancy?

Tahuyaman
05-30-2017, 08:51 AM
With this response, you support terrorism by enabling Saudi Arabia to continue leading it. Seriously?

If that's what you think, drive on.

Bo-4
05-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Bullying a Bully is a dumb tactic and total waste of our resources.

Perhaps Trump should pay Baby Kim a visit - he's a "smart cookie" after all!

:rolleyes:

Peter1469
05-30-2017, 02:57 PM
We are told these are super ships and one could take him down. Is that war buff fancy?

The US way of war is to use more than necessary.

del
05-30-2017, 03:01 PM
The US way of war is to use more than necessary.
you misspelled trump and intelligent

resister
05-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Lol, maybe you should tell the Great Trumpkin.Actually, it is.

Crepitus
05-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Actually, it is.

Well so is grabblefracite but not a real one.