PDA

View Full Version : The Meanest Player in the NFL

Conley
10-15-2011, 09:41 AM
No surprise here :D and you figured Ray Lewis would be in the top 2. Jay Cutler didn't make the list ???

According to NFL players, the two meanest guys in football are part of the league's chippiest rivalry. James Harrison(notes) and Ray Lewis(notes) were the runaway winners of Sports Illustrated's poll of the meanest players in the NFL. The two combined for 50 percent of the votes in the magazine's open ballot.

The top four, according to SI:

James Harrison, Steelers LB -- 35%
Ray Lewis, Ravens LB -- 15%
Ndamukong Suh(notes), Lions DT -- 5%
Richard Seymour(notes), Raiders DT -- 4%

SI didn't discuss its methodology or how the question was phrased, other than to say 287 NFL players responded to the survey question. I'm curious to know what the question asked. Did it just say "who's the meanest" without any further qualification? Was there the "on-field" caveat or was it assumed that we're talking about off the field too. And, if that was the case, what makes these guys so mean off of it? Does Harrison replace Max Starks'(notes) protein snacks with Kalteen bars? When Ben Roethlisberger(notes) walks into the room, does he dim the lights and put on "Shrek 2"? Is Ndamukong Suh taking out the knees of the towel boy? Does Richard Seymour have a clique with Jason Campbell(notes) and Darren McFadden(notes) where they hang out at the mall and talk about behind Sebastian Janikowski's(notes) back about how much weight he's put on?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Fellow-players-say-James-Harrison-is-meanest-guy?urn=nfl-wp9424

MMC
10-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah I would have to agree with that. Besides Jays Chips already tops the List of broken eggshells. Can't be Number one in Everything! ;D >:D

Conley
10-15-2011, 10:43 AM
:roflmao: I am starting to think you hate JC even more than I hate Vick :D

Mister D
10-15-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't even understand what they are asking then. They won't explain what they mean by "mean". It could even be a positive quality! Or they mean (no pun intended) who just has a nasty attitude on the field or who plays dirty?

Conley
10-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Yep, in hindsight it is a stupid poll. A lot of defensive players would say mean is a good thing.

Mister D
10-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Yep, in hindsight it is a stupid poll. A lot of defensive players would say mean is a good thing.

Exactly. The last time I read or saw something like this had Bill Romanowski as the dirtiest player in the NFL. That was probably a decade ago but it was funny. Other players voted him #1. :D

Conley
10-15-2011, 02:32 PM

Exactly. The last time I read or saw something like this had Bill Romanowski as the dirtiest player in the NFL. That was probably a decade ago but it was funny. Other players voted him #1. :D

:D

That guy was roided up a-hole. He would spit on people and destroyed a teammate's face in a fight near the end of his career.

Mister D
10-15-2011, 02:38 PM

:D

That guy was roided up a-hole. He would spit on people and destroyed a teammate's face in a fight near the end of his career.

:o Didn't know that. Sheesh.

Conley
10-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Yep he was kind of a poster boy for roid rage. You woulda liked him, he's white. ;D

Mister D
10-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Yep he was kind of a poster boy for roid rage. You woulda liked him, he's white. ;D

:D ;)

jgreer
10-15-2011, 03:54 PM

Why bring race into it? ;)

Mister D
10-15-2011, 03:58 PM

Why bring race into it? ;)

Inside joke. ;)

jgreer
10-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Racism is hilarious.

Oh wait, no it isn't.

Mister D
10-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Racism is hilarious.

Oh wait, no it isn't.

What racism? Oh wait, there is none.

jgreer
10-15-2011, 04:26 PM
If you say so. ::)

MMC
10-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Don't worry by the time they get done protecting the QB from head to toe. There won't be a need for any mean football players. In a minute they will start fining them just for tackling.

Mister D
10-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Don't worry by the time they get done protecting the QB from head to toe. There won't be a need for any mean football players. In a minute they will start fining them just for tackling.

We know Cutler isn't protected... ::)

Captain Obvious
10-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Racism is hilarious.

Oh wait, no it isn't.

What do you call 3 Chinese guys, a Mexican and 3 black guys?

... oh, wait.

Captain Obvious
10-15-2011, 07:23 PM
I always have a tough time taking these polls seriously.

Mostly because they're from regular people and mostly because regular people are easily persuaded by the flavor-of-the-day bullshit that the media feeds them.

The fact that there are no offensive linemen in that list tells you the results come from a bunch of fucking retards who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Conley
10-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Racism is hilarious.

Oh wait, no it isn't.

What do you call 3 Chinese guys, a Mexican and 3 black guys?

... oh, wait.

A sprinkler ;D

Captain Obvious
10-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Hah! - you knew the punchline.

Captain Obvious
10-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I fucked it up actually, it's 3 Mexicans, a Chinese guy and 3 black guys.

I guess that makes me a racist.

Conley
10-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Hah! - you knew the punchline.

;D ;D ;D