PDA

View Full Version : Trump Toilet Paper?

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Mexican Businessman Takes a Swipe at
ALYSSA NEWCOMB

This could send international relations straight into the toilet.

Antonio Battaglia, a lawyer from Mexico, is reportedly planning to launch a Trump toilet paper brand in his home country later this year. A prototype of the packaging shows a caricature of the President of the United States' face on a toilet paper roll, along with his gold locks and signature thumbs up.

https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_22/2020436/170531-trump-toilet-paper-mexico-1-ew-507p_eaae2443c8ff1a9db30aa035d6c2f42d.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

Read more at: http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/trump-toilet-paper-mexican-businessman-takes-swipe-president-n766846

He's planning to donate 30 percent of the proceeds to organizations helping migrants entering the United States. Notwithstanding the fact that it is highly insulting to Trump, I imagine that he stands to make a significant amount of money from people who would buy it at least once simply to make a political statement or as political memorabilia, including tourists in Mexico.

Tahuyaman
06-01-2017, 05:40 PM
That's original.....

Abby08
06-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Some people.......

resister
06-01-2017, 05:42 PM
He should also make tissues for all the crying!

jimmyz
06-01-2017, 05:46 PM
I have enough already

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41gfN0Ms22L._SY300_.jpg

Common
06-01-2017, 05:57 PM
I thought it was pretty funny but I doubt trump will. Liberals in this country have given mexicans a false impression of what their rights are and what they are entitled to. They arent going to like anyone that tells them the truth.

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 06:13 PM
I thought it was pretty funny but I doubt trump will. Liberals in this country have given mexicans a false impression of what their rights are and what they are entitled to. They arent going to like anyone that tells them the truth.
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't already a lawsuit.

DGUtley
06-01-2017, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't already a lawsuit.

no case.

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 07:04 PM
no case.

That doesn't stop people. How about appropriation or misappropriation of a person's name or likeness without permission? Of course, it would involve Mexican law which may be different in that respect.

del
06-01-2017, 07:05 PM
no case.

that never stopped the savior of the republic before.

DGUtley
06-01-2017, 07:22 PM
that never stopped the savior of the republic before.
....''tis true.

That doesn't stop people. How about appropriation or misappropriation of a person's name or likeness without permission? Of course, it would involve Mexican law which may be different in that respect.

Good point. In Ohio, though, a public figure would have a high bar.

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 07:50 PM
....''tis true.

Good point. In Ohio, though, a public figure would have a high bar.
Celebs have been creating case law all over the world because there is a natural inclination on the parts of entrepreneurs to try to use someone's face or name to sell a product. I'd be surprised if Ohio law hasn't been tested by some celebrity.

Peter1469
06-01-2017, 07:56 PM
The guy is trying to make money. He likely will.

Don
06-01-2017, 07:58 PM
The guys going to "lose his ass" with his toilet paper idea. A few snowflakes in the U.S. might buy a roll or two but their attention spans last about 10 minutes so they'll soon covfefe forget about it. He won't sell enough in Mexico to even meet expenses because so many Mexicans are too poor to buy toilet paper and or they use corncobs or used tamales wrappers. :wink: :laugh:

DGUtley
06-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Celebs have been creating case law all over the world because there is a natural inclination on the parts of entrepreneurs to try to use someone's face or name to sell a product. I'd be surprised if Ohio law hasn't been tested by some celebrity.

not a celebrity per se -- POTUS.

Captain Obvious
06-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Fake news.

Toilet paper in Mexico... yeah, right

resister
06-01-2017, 08:26 PM
The guys going to "lose his ass" with his toilet paper idea. A few snowflakes in the U.S. might buy a roll or two but their attention spans last about 10 minutes so they'll soon covfefe forget about it. He won't sell enough in Mexico to even meet expenses because so many Mexicans are too poor to buy toilet paper and or they use corncobs or used tamales wrappers. :wink: :laugh:
I prefer Spanish moss!

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 08:35 PM
not a celebrity per se -- POTUS.

A President should not be exempted from having their image or name used for commercial purposes. I wouldn't think so anyway.

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Fake news.

Toilet paper in Mexico... yeah, right

I don't know that it's fake news. Whether or not he legally pulls it off is another story. This guy practices law in NYC.

Common
06-01-2017, 08:39 PM

Tamale wrappers ? wtf Lol

Common
06-01-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't know that it's fake news. Whether or not he legally pulls it off is another story. This guy practices law in NYC.
I dont think it matters if he does or doesnt, its a novelty and novelties have short shelf life

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 08:40 PM

If the price is competitive there is no reason to believe that it would not sell to those who do buy toilet paper. Whether he can legally do so is a different question.

Dr. Who
06-01-2017, 08:44 PM
I dont think it matters if he does or doesnt, its a novelty and novelties have short shelf life
Of course. I'm sure he's just counting on making money in the short-term, not really going into the toilet paper industry. He would probably be buying some generic TP and just packaging it with his brand, much like supermarkets do.

Don
06-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Tamale wrappers ? wtf Lol

Yes. They keep a stack of them in the outhouse. When they poop they pick up one wrapper and tear a small hole in the center. They then stick an index finger through the hole and use that finger to wipe off any excess poop. Then they pull the finger out of the hole using the wrapper to wipe the poop off their finger. Very efficient. Myself, I like to spin about 3 feet of Charmin off the roll and use that to wipe with and repeat as necessary. Not so efficient but it lowers the chances of coming in contact with any fudge to zero. :laugh: :evil:

AZ Jim
06-01-2017, 11:17 PM
So whats new here? There hasn't been a President in a long time who face didn't grace TP and not in Mexico, right here in the good ole USA. Big deal.