PDA

View Full Version : Why Hillary Clinton claims that she lost

pjohns
06-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Hillary Clinton named no fewer than 24 reasons--yes, 24!--as to why she lost the presidential election, last November: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/01/list-everyone-everything-hillary-clinton-has-blamed-loss-trump

Interestingly, however, she overlooked the obvious reasons: the warmth that she failed to generate, and her inability to connect with working-class voters.

Comments?

Peter1469
06-03-2017, 06:55 PM
She is a bad candidate. Her platform is bad, and she has the charisma of a snail.

HawkTheSlayer
06-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Can you envision Hillary taking the responsibility for any failure had she become POTUS?
Especially, with her mean-spirited demeanor.
The last narcissist in chief, Obama could not man up either on his failures.
Always blaming them on someone else.
Obama=Hillary/-2.0

Green Arrow
06-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Can you envision Hillary taking the responsibility for any failure had she become POTUS?
Especially, with her mean-spirited demeanor.
The last narcissist in chief, Obama could not man up either on his failures.
Always blaming them on someone else.
Obama=Hillary/-2.0

Replace "Obama" with "Trump" and the statement still applies.

stjames1_53
06-04-2017, 06:45 AM

you don't have to worry since you're leaving the union, amirite?

midcan5
06-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Why is Hillary still being discussed? Hillary hatred worked, twenty five years of it worked, why the constant references? Hillary won the popular vote by lots and had the democrats engaged in the sort of agitprop the right used, funded by wealthy conservatives in a few more states, she would have won there too. The democrats haven't learned yet to call a spade a spade. Had they covered Trump's history honestly enough, Americans would have realized the man is a fraud.

'Trump’s Incompetence Won’t Save Our Democracy'

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/opinion/sunday/trumps-incompetence-wont-save-our-democracy.html

Common
06-04-2017, 08:08 AM
If we disregard the politics, hillarys excuses and the conservatives that bash her. Why did she lose ?

This is my "OPINION". She lost because Obama and his Policies were not as popular as the media created. Her Campaign staff ran a lackadaisical campaign because they believed the Obama polls and her polls and thought they couldnt lose this if they were in a coma, Over Confidence.

Hillary and her campaign took for granted she that all the womans vote and miniority votes were all she needed to win
Hillary campaigning did not look healthy and as she always does she appeared cocky sarcastic and smug, not unlike trump

No one made Hillary lose, Hillary made trump win

stjames1_53
06-04-2017, 08:16 AM
If we disregard the politics, hillarys excuses and the conservatives that bash her. Why did she lose ?

This is my "OPINION". She lost because Obama and his Policies were not as popular as the media created. Her Campaign staff ran a lackadaisical campaign because they believed the Obama polls and her polls and thought they couldnt lose this if they were in a coma, Over Confidence.

Hillary and her campaign took for granted she that all the womans vote and miniority votes were all she needed to win
Hillary campaigning did not look healthy and as she always does she appeared $#@!y sarcastic and smug, not unlike trump

No one made Hillary lose, Hillary made trump win

I still say it was her mouth. Calling any taxpayer a deplorable is what cost her what was left of the undecided voters

Common
06-04-2017, 08:19 AM
I still say it was her mouth. Calling any taxpayer a deplorable is what cost her what was left of the undecided voters
Thats all included with her being sarcastic and smug

stjames1_53
06-04-2017, 08:23 AM
I keep wondering how it was they were sure she could win......was the fix in? if it was, she sure bet short on the long shot.
She also flew over the middle class by flying over the Midwest and not stopping here to visit.
She completely ignored the backbone of the middle class. It was like we didn't' even exist.
Boy, did she ever get that wrong

pjohns
06-04-2017, 10:59 AM
Why is Hillary still being discussed?

Oh, I would be more than happy to let her simply leave the spotlight on her own. In that event, I would certainly not discuss her.

But she keeps popping up, if only to make excuses as to why she lost the election.

Or, alternatively, to taunt the person who defeated her (which, of course, shows incredible mean-spiritedness): http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/31/clinton-trump-twitter-covfefe-239010

Hillary won the popular vote...
Which is, of course, not how we elect our presidents--and never has been. (I am guessing that President Al Gore could attest to this fact.)

The Founders did not want a few major cities to decide the election (as they surely would have, as Los Angeles and New York City, for example, ran up huge surpluses--far more than necessary to help Hillary Clinton carry their respective states.)

donttread
06-04-2017, 11:03 AM

The statement ALWAYS applies because we won't enmasse vote for candidates NOT shoved down our throats by MSM one way or another.

Green Arrow
06-04-2017, 11:31 AM
you don't have to worry since you're leaving the union, amirite?

No, I'm not. Never said I was.

Green Arrow
06-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Oh, I would be more than happy to let her simply leave the spotlight on her own. In that event, I would certainly not discuss her.

But she keeps popping up, if only to make excuses as to why she lost the election.

Or, alternatively, to taunt the person who defeated her (which, of course, shows incredible mean-spiritedness): http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/31/clinton-trump-twitter-covfefe-239010

Which is, of course, not how we elect our presidents--and never has been. (I am guessing that President Al Gore could attest to this fact.)

The Founders did not want a few major cities to decide the election (as they surely would have, as Los Angeles and New York City, for example, ran up huge surpluses--far more than necessary to help Hillary Clinton carry their respective states.)

Trump won Staten Island by almost 20%. Subtracting all of NYC's votes still gives Hillary a comfortable win in New York. Likewise, subtract all of Los Angeles and Hillary still wins CA by a comfortable margin. This is a nice red herring you guys came up with in defense of the electoral college but that dog just doesn't hunt.

stjames1_53
06-04-2017, 12:36 PM
if CA wants to go, let 'em go.
Think of all the trade that would start flowing through all the southern ports. Income, ma man. And jobs.....even an increase of 10% would be reason enough to rethink your position.
You could drop your port fees 3% and still have plenty of money. The drop in fees would encourage more shipping to port there.
Texas and Florida could see a greater cash flow....it's a win win for everyone.

pjohns
06-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Trump won Staten Island by almost 20%. Subtracting all of NYC's votes still gives Hillary a comfortable win in New York.

Your assertion made me wonder if I had been mistaken; so I did a little research.

It seems that Donald Trump--not Hillary Clinton--won upstate New York: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/2016/11/donald_trump_wins_upstate_new_york.html

Likewise, subtract all of Los Angeles and Hillary still wins CA by a comfortable margin.
That really does not surprise me.

San Francisco is probably the most liberal city in the United States (outstripping even its West Coast rival, Seattle; and New York City).

And the second most populous city in the state, San Diego (after Los Angeles), went for Hillary Clinton by almost a two-to-one margin (61-plus percent to 31-plus percent).

There is a reason that California is referred to as a part of the "Left Coast." (And it is not just a matter of geography, either.)