PDA

View Full Version : Coats and Rogers refuse to say if Trump asked them to sway Russia probe

decedent
06-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Coats and Rogers refuse to say if Trump asked them to sway Russia probe
(http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/07/mike-rogers-dan-coats-senate-intelligence-hearing-russia-239244)

Two of the nation’s top intelligence officials refused to say Wednesday whether President Donald Trump asked them to intervene in or downplay the FBI’s ongoing Russia investigation, though they said they have never felt pressure to act inappropriately.

Testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee, NSA Director Mike Rogers and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats repeatedly stonewalled when asked about news reports that Trump asked each of them to downplay or refute the FBI’s probe, which is examining whether Trump’s associates colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Why can't they just say that Trump never asked them to stop the Russia investigations?

del
06-07-2017, 02:47 PM
it's probably not true.

they don't want to get in mueller's way.

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Actually, they made definitive opening statement where they claimed never once were they asked, directed or pressured to do or not do anything illegal, unethical or in any way inappropriate or immoral.

Then when asked over and over if Trump ever pressured them in any way, they said that they weren't there to continually repeat themselves.

It was obvious that this really pissed off the Democrats and some Republicans.

Peter1469
06-07-2017, 03:47 PM
I like the way they handed the political / stupid questions.

I don't think I ever heard someone talk to a Congress Critter like that in a public hearing.

decedent
06-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Actually, they made definitive opening statement where they claimed never once were they asked, directed or pressured to do or not do anything illegal, unethical or in any way inappropriate or immoral.
Trump never directed Coats or Rogers to do anything illegal? If this is true, why couldn't they say it publicly when asked repeatedly?

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Trump never directed Coats or Rogers to do anything illegal? If this is true, why couldn't they say it publicly when asked repeatedly?

Because their answer wasn't going to change no matter how many times they were asked the same question. Why continue to ask the same question over and over when it was answered once in a definitive manner?

They didn't get the answer they were breathlessly hoping for, so they got angry and went on a partisan motivated rant.

Clearly the Democrats got very angry over the opening statements of the men questioned today.

MisterVeritis
06-07-2017, 05:59 PM
(http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/07/mike-rogers-dan-coats-senate-intelligence-hearing-russia-239244)

Two of the nation’s top intelligence officials refused to say Wednesday whether President Donald Trump asked them to intervene in or downplay the FBI’s ongoing Russia investigation, though they said they have never felt pressure to act inappropriately.

Testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee, NSA Director Mike Rogers and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats repeatedly stonewalled when asked about news reports that Trump asked each of them to downplay or refute the FBI’s probe, which is examining whether Trump’s associates colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Why can't they just say that Trump never asked them to stop the Russia investigations?
How many more times do you plan to lie about this?

decedent
06-07-2017, 08:14 PM
How many more times do you plan to lie about this?

What did I lie about?

MisterVeritis
06-07-2017, 09:33 PM
What did I lie about?
The same thing you lie about in all of your goofy threads. Today's witnesses were very clear. No pressure. Period. So pull your head out of your ass. Or not.

This is over. It is time to shut down this coup attempt.

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 09:40 PM
I like the way they handed the political / stupid questions.

I don't think I ever heard someone talk to a Congress Critter like that in a public hearing.

I liked the way the General didn't back down. Clearly, he wasn't intimidated by the senator. I think his intent was to get him to lose his composure. He succeeded.

Tahuyaman
06-07-2017, 09:41 PM
What did I lie about?

The thread title is a lie.

decedent
06-08-2017, 07:23 AM
The same thing you lie about in all of your goofy threads. Today's witnesses were very clear. No pressure. Period. So pull your head out of your ass. Or not.

You can't handle the truth.

MisterVeritis
06-08-2017, 11:23 AM

You can't handle the truth.
Given your demonstrated inability to recognize the truth how would you know?

What do we know?

Comey was not pressured to stop his Russia investigation.
Comey was not pressured to stop his Flynn investigation.
President Trump was not being investigated.
Despite five or six different investigations into the Russian meddling in the Presidential election, there is no evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump team.

It is over. Who knows how long the wasteful investigations will continue? As long as there is money the investigations will continue. Ryan and McConnell need to start shutting down the useless investigations.

Tahuyaman
06-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Just watching the MSNBC spin on this and Chris Matthews just said that Comey's testimony c,early shows that to some degree, Trump was in collusion with the Russians to rig the election.

I guess some people see and hear the things they want to see and hear no matter what.

texan
06-08-2017, 01:41 PM

You fing people! They said they wouldn't share any personal conversations they had with the president. So dishonest.

BIG BAG OF NOTHING