PDA

View Full Version : Missing From Comey's Fireworks: Trump-Russia Collusion

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 03:15 AM
Missing From Comey's Fireworks: Trump-Russia Collusion (https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-09/comey-testimony-offers-nothing-new-on-trump-russia-collusion)

Comey made it clear he didn't like Trump saying that Comey turned the FBI toxic. We got that.

But where is Russian collusion, and what crime is Russian collusion?

James Comey's testimony (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/08/full-text-james-comey-trump-russia-testimony-239295) before the Senate Intelligence Committee centered on his interactions with President Donald Trump. But, in case anyone has forgotten, the underlying issue being investigated is the alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election campaign and the possibility of collusion between the Trump campaign and "the Russians."

Though Comey wasn't asked too many questions about it, and wasn't willing to discuss the investigation itself in a public hearing, his remarks provided a useful, if somewhat disappointing, insight into the U.S. intelligence community's thinking on these matters.

Comey left no doubt he believed that Russia had meddled with the election:

The Russians interfered in our election during the 2016 cycle. They did it with purpose. They did it with sophistication. They did it with overwhelming technical efforts. And it was an active measures campaign driven from the top of that government. There is no fuzz on that.

Quizzed by Senator Richard Burr, Comey said he believed the Russian government was behind the cyber intrusions into the Democratic Party's networks, the subsequent publication of the stolen data and the hacking of electronic voter rolls, revealed by a recent National Security Agency leak (https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-06/the-leaked-nsa-report-is-being-read-backward). He claimed Russia had conducted "a massive effort to target government and nongovernmental, near governmental agencies like nonprofits" -- up to 1,000, or at any rate hundreds, of them. That, he said, was "a long-term practice" of Russian spies, only "stepped up a notch in a significant way in '16."

At the same time, asked whether he was sure no votes cast in the election were altered, Comey said, "I'm confident."

Comey did get a $10M book deal (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4589692/James-Comey-10-million-payday-dish-Hillary-Trump.html) out of this. Perhaps now we know his motives.

Lordy! James Comey set for $10 million payday as publishers scramble to sign book deal with fired FBI chief for inside story on Hillary, Trump (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4589692/James-Comey-10-million-payday-dish-Hillary-Trump.html)

decedent
06-10-2017, 03:43 AM
Did Comey ever say there wasn't collusion? I don't see why he would, since he said Flynn was being investigated, I'm guessing for Russia ties.

For all we know, Trump could be under investigation right now.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 03:50 AM
Did Comey ever say there wasn't collusion? I don't see why he would, since he said Flynn was being investigated, I'm guessing for Russia ties.

For all we know, Trump could be under investigation right now.

Yes.

Flynn was tangential to an investigation. Pay attention to Comey.
For what?
Which crime covers collusion?

decedent
06-10-2017, 05:05 AM
Yes.

Flynn was tangential to an investigation. Pay attention to Comey.
For what?
Which crime covers collusion?

You'd have to ask Comey because the FBI was investigating Team Trump for foreign collusion when Trump asked him to stop his investigation. In fact, Mueller expanded his investigation to include one by an independent one by a grand jury criminal probe.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 05:19 AM
You'd have to ask Comey because the FBI was investigating Team Trump for foreign collusion when Trump asked him to stop his investigation. In fact, Mueller expanded his investigation to include one by an independent one by a grand jury criminal probe.

Actually you have that wrong, based of Comey's testimony. Although, you are correct to indicate that Comey can't be trusted for the facts.

Based on Comey testimony and previously disclosed information it is clear that there are many leaks from the investigations; yet no leak about Trump not being a suspect. This put the White House in a bind with getting legislation done. Trump understandably wanted Comey to make public the fact that the administration was not suspected of criminal activity. I can understand both points of view- but on balance, if the criminal investigation can't find anything, then you have to make a public statement so government doesn't gridlock.

It doesn't matter. Politics will continue until our bipartisan polices crash the USD and our economy.

Are you prepared?

decedent
06-10-2017, 05:21 AM
Actually you have that wrong, based of Comey's testimony. Although, you are correct to indicate that Comey can't be trusted for the facts.

Don't put words in my mouth, son.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 05:41 AM
Don't put words in my mouth, son.

Re-read my post. Take some time to understand it. Request clarification in replace of this retard post that I am quoting, then think some more. Then post an intelligent and productive comment.

Clear?

Don't call me son. I likely outrank any of your ancestors who had the balls to serve.

The franchise ought to be limited to those who served.

Son.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 05:42 AM
papa oscar serra

stjames1_53
06-10-2017, 06:14 AM

and Obama got the reports..
oh no, there was no spying on Trump or his organization. Comey stating that Trump and his team were "watched" tends to lead me to believe that Obama got the reports and forwarded them to Hillary....
If there's collusion, it was Hillary and Obama acting with the Russians

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 06:25 AM
Hillary had a lot of collusion- the illegal type with pay for play. That should surface again soon.

Common
06-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Decedent you are desperately trying to make something that isnt there

Top liberals are saying that there was no trump russian collusion anywhere in comeys testimony.
Comey flatly state NO ONE ASKED HIM TO STOP HIS RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION.

You cant make vinegar into honey

decedent
06-10-2017, 08:58 PM
and Obama got the reports..
oh no, there was no spying on Trump or his organization. Comey stating that Trump and his team were "watched" tends to lead me to believe that Obama got the reports and forwarded them to Hillary....
If there's collusion, it was Hillary and Obama acting with the Russians
Facts, not feelings.

There's plenty of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. There could even be a few congressional committees into ties between Team Trump and Russia. Possibly even an independent counsel.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Facts, not feelings.

There's plenty of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. There could even be a few congressional committees into ties between Team Trump and Russia. Possibly even an independent counsel.

1. False
2. if true what is the crime?

decedent
06-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Decedent you are desperately trying to make something that isnt there

Top liberals are saying that there was no trump russian collusion anywhere in comeys testimony.
Comey flatly state NO ONE ASKED HIM TO STOP HIS RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION.

You cant make vinegar into honey
Comey: "I took it as a direction."

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Like a little bitch.

No wonder he got fired. We need men as the FBI director.

Crepitus
06-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Missing From Comey's Fireworks: Trump-Russia Collusion (https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-09/comey-testimony-offers-nothing-new-on-trump-russia-collusion)

Comey made it clear he didn't like Trump saying that Comey turned the FBI toxic. We got that.

But where is Russian collusion, and what crime is Russian collusion?

Comey did get a $10M book deal (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4589692/James-Comey-10-million-payday-dish-Hillary-Trump.html) out of this. Perhaps now we know his motives.

Lordy! James Comey set for $10 million payday as publishers scramble to sign book deal with fired FBI chief for inside story on Hillary, Trump (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4589692/James-Comey-10-million-payday-dish-Hillary-Trump.html)

Nobody ever expected that in open testimony.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Nobody ever expected that in open testimony.
A tissue is where the climax went.

He hurt the coup.

decedent
06-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Like a little bitch.

No wonder he got fired. We need men as the FBI director.

He said he ignored Trump's order. He's a hero and a patriot.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 09:26 PM
He said he ignored Trump's order. He's a hero and a patriot.

he didn't call it an order, twerp

this is how fake news is made

Crepitus
06-10-2017, 09:28 PM
A tissue is where the climax went.

He hurt the coup.

That's a nice deflection but not responsive to my comment.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 09:30 PM
That's a nice deflection but not responsive to my comment.
Your comment didn't offer anything for comment.

I only continued the conversation.

The Xl
06-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Facts, not feelings.

Huh? There is nothing pointing to Russian collusion. You guys are the ones operating on feelings....

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Collusion is a violation of 18 USC XXXX

go

decedent
06-10-2017, 09:35 PM
he didn't call it an order, twerp

this is how fake news is made

He said he took it as a direction, son.

He ignored it because he answers to the Constitution, not the stupid orange mafioso.

Crepitus
06-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Your comment didn't offer anything for comment.

I only continued the conversation.

No. You did not. You made a crude comment and referenced a conspiracy theory.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 09:37 PM
He said he took it as a direction, son.

He ignored it because he answers to the Constitution, not the stupid orange mafioso.
a bit of filth and lie

much

god damn how twisted with the hard left get over this?

decedent
06-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Huh? There is nothing pointing to Russian collusion. You guys are the ones operating on feelings....

All of these investigations into Russian collusion are just figments of our imaginations.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 09:38 PM
yes

decedent
06-10-2017, 09:41 PM
a bit of filth and lie

much

god damn how twisted with the hard left get over this?

Seriously, you're hilarious.

That is an unambiguous statement. But Comey ignored Trump's direction and did what was right. America needs more men like him.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Seriously, you're hilarious.

That is an unambiguous statement. But Comey ignored Trump's direction and did what was right. America needs more men like him.
fools never cease to amaze

decedent
06-10-2017, 10:33 PM
fools never cease to amaze
You spent all day name-calling liberals with these insipid posts. Get a new hobby.

Peter1469
06-10-2017, 10:37 PM
You spent all day name-calling liberals with these insipid posts. Get a new hobby.
Except the post is not insipid.

You just don't like it.

Tahuyaman
06-10-2017, 11:03 PM

why? You provide so much ammunition.....