PDA

View Full Version : More CNN Fake News

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 07:22 PM
This iconic image...

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160818142212-05-omran-daqneesh-aleppo-syria-super-169.jpg

...was spread all around the world by "news" outlets like CNN. And like virtually everything that comes out of Syria, it was used against Assad and his Syrian nationalist supporters. Only one problem. The boy's father is now speaking out and he is a supporter of the Assad government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gha4jkiSlRw

Once again, the mainstream media has wrenched information from its context and used it for propaganda purposes. And how many westerners were duped by it? Probably millions.

Beevee
06-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Fox kept away from it then?

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Fox kept away from it then?
My God. Do you ever say anything relevant or interesting? Or is it all just empty partisan drivel?

Mechanic
06-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Fox kept away from it then?Fux planted it.

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Fux planted it.
What the hell are you talking about?

ripmeister
06-12-2017, 07:52 PM
This iconic image...

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160818142212-05-omran-daqneesh-aleppo-syria-super-169.jpg

...was spread all around the world by "news" outlets like CNN. And like virtually everything that comes out of Syria, it was used against Assad and his Syrian nationalist supporters. Only one problem. The boy's father is now speaking out and he is a supporter of the Assad government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gha4jkiSlRw

Once again, the mainstream media has wrenched information from its context and used it for propaganda purposes. And how many westerners were duped by it? Probably millions.
Are you saying this photograph and the contemporaneous video were staged. That kid must be a really good actor.

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 07:52 PM
CNN "reporter" Christiane Amanpour hands the photo to Russian foreign minister Sergie Lavrov and then proceeds to accuse him of committing a war crime with no evidence.

Lavrov on Aleppo boy whose image shocked the world (http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/10/12/sot-amanpour-sergey-lavrov-aleppo-boy-omran-daqneesh.cnn)

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Are you saying this photograph and the contemporaneous video were staged. That kid must be a really good actor.

Here's an idea. Try reading my post and watching the video instead of just making wild assumptions and putting words in my mouth.

ripmeister
06-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Here's an idea. Try reading my post and watching the video instead of just making wild assumptions and putting words in my mouth.
No need to be testy. It was a sincere question. You called it fake news. What about that image of that boy emerging from the results of an explosion was fake?

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 08:05 PM
One would assume that after the Iraq war debacle and the integral part the mainstream media played in it, people would be more skeptical of war propaganda and corporate news.

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 08:08 PM
No need to be testy. It was a sincere question. You called it fake news. What about that image of that boy emerging from the results of an explosion was fake?

CNN and other mainstream media outlets presented it absent any meaningful context as a means of demonizing Assad and Putin. It was propaganda, which is a form of fake news. A CNN reporter used the photo during an interview with the Russian foreign minister to accuse him of committing a war crime with no proof. Again, pure propaganda. CNN and mainstream media take every bad thing that happens in Syria and they blame it on Assad and Putin. More propaganda. CNN is not a news network, it is a propaganda ministry. In a word, CNN is FAKE.

ripmeister
06-12-2017, 08:15 PM
CNN and other mainstream media outlets presented it absent any meaningful context as a means of demonizing Assad and Putin. It was propaganda, which is a form of fake news. A CNN reporter used the photo during an interview with the Russian foreign minister to accuse him of committing a war crime with no proof. Again, pure propaganda. CNN and mainstream media take every bad thing that happens in Syria and they blame it on Assad and Putin. More propaganda. CNN is not a news network, it is a propaganda ministry. In a word, CNN is FAKE.

Propaganda ministry? Come on.

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Propaganda ministry? Come on.

Their primary purpose is to disseminate propaganda, so the descriptor seems apt.

Ethereal
06-12-2017, 08:22 PM
When is CNN going to dedicate wall-to-wall coverage to the Yemeni children being starved to death by the Saudi blockade and air campaign? When is Christiane Amanpour going to wave a picture of one of the starving Yemeni children in a Saudi prince's face and ask him about war crimes? When is Megyn Kelly going to ask US officials about all the countries they've invaded and destroyed, or about all the elections they've interfered in overseas? Answer: They're not. The corporate media is just propaganda. They are liars and shills.

Mister D
06-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Their primary purpose is to disseminate propaganda, so the descriptor seems apt.
Good luck with that one. Westerners believe themselves 1) immune to propaganda and 2) that only the (insert latest bogeyman who is ironically at least partly the creation of propaganda) do propaganda.

Beevee
06-12-2017, 08:52 PM
My God. Do you ever say anything relevant or interesting? Or is it all just empty partisan drivel?

You have an ignore feature. Why not use it?

Tahuyaman
06-12-2017, 10:20 PM
I'm sure there are false accusations directed against Assad, Putin and several other unsavory types, but I sure wouldn't go out on a limb and defend either one of them or assume all accusations s are false.

AZ Jim
06-13-2017, 12:28 AM
My God. Do you ever say anything relevant or interesting? Or is it all just empty partisan drivel?One might ask the same of you.

Ethereal
06-13-2017, 01:07 AM
You have an ignore feature. Why not use it?
Because I am not afraid to be challenged, even by someone who fails to say interesting or relevant things.

Ethereal
06-13-2017, 01:08 AM
One might ask the same of you.
Then one would be foolish.

Captain Obvious
06-13-2017, 01:14 AM
When is CNN going to dedicate wall-to-wall coverage to the Yemeni children being starved to death by the Saudi blockade and air campaign? When is Christiane Amanpour going to wave a picture of one of the starving Yemeni children in a Saudi prince's face and ask him about war crimes? When is Megyn Kelly going to ask US officials about all the countries they've invaded and destroyed, or about all the elections they've interfered in overseas? Answer: They're not. The corporate media is just propaganda. They are liars and shills.

As soon as Yemen has something of military or economic value.

stjames1_53
06-13-2017, 04:22 AM
the back story was the lie CNN presented......idiocy....................This what mean say when it is declared that liberals are completely stupid..............
Your reaction is why we won..........

Beevee
06-13-2017, 05:19 AM
Because I am not afraid to be challenged, even by someone who fails to say interesting or relevant things.

You really should not undermine yourself with such regularity.

stjames1_53
06-13-2017, 05:23 AM

fine example of irrelevancy ^^^^

ripmeister
06-13-2017, 10:23 AM
the back story was the lie CNN presented......idiocy....................This what mean say when it is declared that liberals are completely stupid..............
Your reaction is why we won..........

What back story. I actually saw this report when it was originally done. My take on it was that it was an example of the "victims of war", nothing more nothing less. The other stuff may have come out later but in the moment it was simply a reporting of something that happened.

Ethereal
06-13-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm not too worried about it.

Ethereal
06-13-2017, 01:49 PM
What back story. I actually saw this report when it was originally done. My take on it was that it was an example of the "victims of war", nothing more nothing less. The other stuff may have come out later but in the moment it was simply a reporting of something that happened.
It was reported in a way that tended to place the blame exclusively on Assad and Putin. A CNN reporter even went so far as to use it as a pretext for accusing Russia of committing a war crime.