PDA

View Full Version : House Democrats battle behind the scenes over impeachment

Hoosier8
06-13-2017, 12:09 PM
House Democrats battle behind the scenes over impeachment (http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337572-pelosi-dems-push-back-against-sherman-impeachment-push)
There is no surprise that democrats don't agree with democrats. The irrational hot heads want to impeach Trump with no evidence.

The weekly meeting of House Democrats on Tuesday erupted over stark disagreements about how the party should fight President Trump.
Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.), a leadership ally, stood during the Democrats’ closed-door caucus meeting to denounce Rep. Brad Sherman’s (D-Calif.) impeachment push as a selfish maneuver that could hurt fellow Democrats and candidates at home, according to a source in the room.

There must be ”a discussion within the caucus — in a public forum — before we do something that would position our colleagues or our future colleagues,” Capuano said, according to the source.
"Emotions are high. These issues have political implications and government ones."
Sherman on Monday introduced an article of impeachment against the president, accusing Trump of obstructing justice when he fired FBI Director James Comey last month.
But Democratic leaders and their allies have been incensed by the move toward impeachment, arguing that the facts don’t sufficiently support such a weighty tactic — yet — and warning that lawmakers should await more details in the ongoing investigations before launching such an aggressive attack.House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who has tried in recent weeks to tamp down the talk of impeachment, backed Capuano on Tuesday, the source said. She argued that the Democrats should focus on bread-and-butter issues like the economy while allowing the various investigations into the Russia-Trump saga to play out on their own terms.
Rep. Joseph
Crowley (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, also criticized Sherman and the other handful of Democrats urging impeachment.

“There is a need for a family discussion before any issue of this magnitude is brought forward,” Crowley told the group, according to the source. “It's of a courtesy to our colleagues."
Sherman, the source said, was in the room for the entirety of the criticism.

Captain Obvious
06-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Grab 'em by the pussy

texan
06-13-2017, 03:14 PM
How can anyone agree? They are so far left now its troublesome. If you are a middle left person you are regularly $hit on by the progressive left.

Big Tent Party? LOL! Not anymore. Perez attacked some for being pro-life. I mean seriously the dem party used to never do this stuff. Not the same!

Peter1469
06-13-2017, 04:05 PM
It progressives trying to control or split away from the Establishment party.

The Xl
06-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Lol, impeach him over what? To impeach someone with no proof for political reasons borders on treason.

texan
06-13-2017, 04:20 PM
There will be no impeachment.

The dem party is headed for a fight.....You are gonna see the middle fall off and become independent or "middle voters." The monopoly is expiring.

Crepitus
06-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Patience my trumpkin friends, it is coming.

jimmyz
06-13-2017, 06:40 PM

November 7, 2016 called... they want your prediction back.

resister
06-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Sleep posting again. Liberal predictions have a terrible track record around here! LOL

Crepitus
06-13-2017, 06:50 PM
November 7, 2016 called... they want your prediction back.

These things take time, special counsel is still in the arming up phase. It will come.

Crepitus
06-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Sleep posting again. Liberal predictions have a terrible track record around here! LOL

Patience. Nobody expected anything incriminating from a guy who has already lied to congress once in the last few weeks.

Hoosier8
06-13-2017, 07:04 PM
These things take time, special counsel is still in the arming up phase. It will come.

11 month FBI investigation with all the resources of the freely shared Obama admin NSA that found nothing and you think they will find something.

Crepitus
06-13-2017, 07:06 PM
11 month FBI investigation with all the resources of the freely shared Obama admin NSA that found nothing and you think they will find something.

Nope.

I know they will.

Archer0915
06-13-2017, 07:52 PM
There will be no impeachment.

The dem party is headed for a fight.....You are gonna see the middle fall off and become independent or "middle voters." The monopoly is expiring.

I can see another party coming. Formed from disgusted (R), (D) and (L) people.

Peter1469
06-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Patience. Nobody expected anything incriminating from a guy who has already lied to congress once in the last few weeks.

Comey?

A complete aside- I have said this before:

How can it be a crime to lie to Congress, when it is rare that any Congress Critter is not lying to us?

Crepitus
06-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Comey?

A complete aside- I have said this before:

How can it be a crime to lie to Congress, when it is rare that any Congress Critter is not lying to us?

Jeff "I had no meetings with Russians" Sessions.

However you do actually have a pretty good point.

Boris The Animal
06-13-2017, 09:49 PM
I wish these brain dead Liberals would understand, but I doubt it, that impeachment does not guarantee removal from office.

Peter1469
06-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Jeff "I had no meetings with Russians" Sessions.

However you do actually have a pretty good point.

To your second point- agree.

To the first he answered the question that was asked. As a lawyer I bang that into my witnesses head. Answer only the question asked. Nothing else.

Crepitus
06-13-2017, 10:16 PM
To your second point- agree.

To the first he answered the question that was asked. As a lawyer I bang that into my witnesses head. Answer only the question asked. Nothing else.

At best because It was a multi-part question he answered the part he wanted to.

Lie by omission.

Hoosier8
06-13-2017, 10:29 PM
I take it you are not tired of losing yet.

Crepitus
06-13-2017, 10:33 PM
I take it you are not tired of losing yet.

Let me know when I start. I'll let you know when I'm tired of it.

Peter1469
06-14-2017, 04:36 AM
At best because It was a multi-part question he answered the part he wanted to.

Lie by omission.
You would be a horrible witness.

Crepitus
06-14-2017, 07:54 AM
You would be a horrible witness.

What does that even mean?