PDA

View Full Version : Obama Has Ended the War in Iraq

Conley
10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Great news

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/story/2011-10-15/Iraq-withdrawal-war-troops/50786604/1

BAGHDAD (AP) – The U.S. is abandoning plans to keep U.S. troops in Iraq past a year-end withdrawal deadline, The Associated Press has learned. The decision to pull out fully by January will effectively end more than eight years of U.S. involvement in the Iraq war, despite ongoing concerns about its security forces and the potential for instability.

The decision ends months of hand-wringing by U.S. officials over whether to stick to a Dec. 31 withdrawal deadline that was set in 2008 or negotiate a new security agreement to ensure that gains made and more than 4,400 American military lives lost since March 2003 do not go to waste.

In recent months, Washington has been discussing with Iraqi leaders the possibility of several thousand American troops remaining to continue training Iraqi security forces. A Pentagon spokesman said Saturday that no final decision has been reached about the U.S. training relationship with the Iraqi government.

But a senior Obama administration official in Washington confirmed Saturday that all American troops will leave Iraq except for about 160 active-duty soldiers attached to the U.S. Embassy.

MMC
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Good. Bring our troopers home! Their Job is done! Huah! Finally did something right. Let the Iraqis take care of themselves.

Conley
10-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Our troops did a great job. I am happy Obama finally saw the light.

jgreer
10-16-2011, 03:07 PM
See Obama is GREAT!

MMC
10-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Not really.....Secretary Gates and Admiral Mullens had already told the Iraqis that if they did not make a decision we would pull all out as we had set. The Iraqis have dicked around trying to play a game to get more money while also trying to get us to double their Air Force. It has backfired. So they are still saying we owe them money. So now we are saying. Handle your own mess!

Elibe
10-16-2011, 09:16 PM
nice! this is going to make obama even more popular come election time

we have finished the job we set out to do, iraq is free and while i didnt support the war i am glad obama has cleaned up the mess bush made

all americans, tea party, republicans, occupy wall street, and democrats should be happy this is over with

its good for the country

spunkloaf
10-16-2011, 10:27 PM
I thought this war has ended about three times already? Hmph. Woo-hoo, then.

MMC
10-16-2011, 10:55 PM
I will consider it finalized when Our Troopers come home and are home! Another thing the left might want to consider. How does this Help Obama the Peace President with his election? While we may pull out of Iraq. Obama is now sending SF Personell to Central Africa, Uganda, and the Sudan.

Moreover General Ham of Africa Command has already given some insight to the Libyan Situation. Stating that NATO is expected to hand off to the US. Moreover he is and has starting bombing in Somalia.

Granted he gets the Kudos for the Successful Attacks on AQ and for Getting Bin Laden.

Against him is.....his nonaction against the Sunni in Yemen. Which he is also bombing in Yemen. Also against him is his failure to Speak out against the Saudis for rolling into another country and killing Shia. That would be Bahrain. Then there is Libya and involving us into their Civil War. Then there is the fact that after all he stated on Afghanistan he then sent more troops there and still has not even removed all of that Surge Force.

Then there is the issue of Susan Rice the US Ambassdor to the UN being played, outwitted and out manuevered by the French. Who still has not been removed from this spot. She is a disgrace to this Country and cannot be trusted to even do her job affectively. As she has been compromised by other Foreign Powers.

Conley
10-17-2011, 08:15 AM
I will consider it finalized when Our Troopers come home and are home!

Exactly! Like Spunk said this war was supposed to be over a few times by now.

Moreover General Ham of Africa Command has already given some insight to the Libyan Situation. Stating that NATO is expected to hand off to the US.

We are really going to do this? Boots on the ground in Libya as an occupying force?

MMC
10-17-2011, 08:57 AM
I will consider it finalized when Our Troopers come home and are home!

Exactly! Like Spunk said this war was supposed to be over a few times by now.

Moreover General Ham of Africa Command has already given some insight to the Libyan Situation. Stating that NATO is expected to hand off to the US.

We are really going to do this? Boots on the ground in Libya as an occupying force?

No....but Ham did say we will be expected to help the Libyans until they can get up their own security forces for their country. Whatever that means. Plus he stated he expected drone attacks to continue.

But now putting in SF as advisors on the ground in the African Continent. Looks like he will do it.

Now there is this Iranian Situation. This is getting serious. Khomeni has got up and Spoken.Also Warning the US not to go overboard with this assissnation attempt. But our Security Advisors are already stating this is a change in strategy with the Iranians as this now marks escalation. Plus into our hemisphere.

According to Fienstien (D Calif) currently we are on a collision course with Iran. This she stated to Chris Wallace of Fox this Weekend. After Obama and Clinton Spoke.