PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Trump disapproval hits 64%

decedent
06-16-2017, 11:41 PM
Trump disapproval hits 64 percent in AP poll (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338092-trump-disapproval-hits-64-percent-in-ap-poll)

Nearly two-thirds of Americans disapprove of the job President Trump is doing in the White House, according to an Associated Press/NORC poll released Thursday.

Sixty-four percent of respondents in the survey (https://apnews.com/024824c4f6ce4eddae98f4156e36553e/Poll-shows-most-doubt-Trump's-respect-for-institutions) said that they don't like how the president is handling his office, while just over a third, 35 percent, approve of Trump.

The poll also found that 65 percent of Americans believe Trump has little or no respect for the country's democratic institutions and traditions. Only about 34 percent said they believe he has a great deal or even a fair amount of respect for such institutions.

While that sentiment appeared most common among Democrats and independents — 9 in 10 and 6 in 10, respectively — a third of Republican voters said Trump had little or no respect for democratic institutions in America.

While the president entered the White House with relative unpopularity, the AP noted, his dwindling approval numbers and perceived disrespect for the country's institutions show mounting challenges for Trump as he seeks to cast himself as a unifying figure.

Trump's approval has hit record lows in other polls as well, including Gallup. As the GOP tries to pass a healthcare bill that only 17% of Americans want, you gotta as yourself who these representatives are actually representing. Those who currently support Trump will be on the wrong side of history.

spunkloaf
06-16-2017, 11:51 PM
"But he's making America great again!"

I think these right wing...let's just call them what they are...BULLIES are really trying to drive home the idea that the majority doesn't matter, only the rich and powerful do. Do you know that the Koch Brothers are trying to rally states now to change the constitution so that it is more clearly defined to their ideal of "limited federal powers?" (In other words, less restrictions and regulations on corporations so they can rape the people without any government power to stop them)

resister
06-16-2017, 11:59 PM
Given the constant media onslaught of Trump hate, this only proves people are susceptible to propaganda.

I don't give a damn about the peoples inaccurate, misinformed opinions.

I give a damn about results, it is not a popularity contest.

decedent
06-17-2017, 12:02 AM

I think these right wing...let's just call them what they are...BULLIES are really trying to drive home the idea that the majority doesn't matter, only the rich and powerful do. Do you know that the Koch Brothers are trying to rally states now to change the constitution so that it is more clearly defined to their ideal of "limited federal powers?" (In other words, less restrictions and regulations on corporations so they can rape the people without any government power to stop them)

And changing the Constitution to ban Muslims and end birthright citizenship. This is a big deal because if Dems lose just one more state legislature, the GOP can change the Constitution unopposed.

spunkloaf
06-17-2017, 12:07 AM
Given the constant media onslaught of Trump hate, this only proves people are susceptible to propaganda.

Well, as far as results go, all you're going to get is controversy after controversy. And that's not the PROGRESSIVES' fault. It's not THE MEDIA'S fault. That is TRUMP'S fault. But don't worry, he will be the first to blame everybody else for his problems...just like he has been doing so far.

I'm sorry that your choice for president turned out to be this ugly.

Common
06-17-2017, 12:14 AM
AP is a left wing news organization

resister
06-17-2017, 12:15 AM
A sight better than the criminal Hillary.

spunkloaf
06-17-2017, 12:21 AM

No. Because she's not a criminal. It's simple. She isn't a criminal, she has never been charged, and even her actions that were under investigation were petty. Trump on the other hand is under investigation for WAAAAAAY more serious offenses. Not to mention, he has screwed so many people in his businesses. Trump University ring a bell? That was complete FRAUD. So, don't go there. Please. It's useless.

resister
06-17-2017, 12:40 AM
her actions that were under investigation were petty.
WOW:shocked:

Hal Jordan
06-17-2017, 12:52 AM
Well, as far as results go, all you're going to get is controversy after controversy. And that's not the PROGRESSIVES' fault. It's not THE MEDIA'S fault. That is TRUMP'S fault. But don't worry, he will be the first to blame everybody else for his problems...just like he has been doing so far.

Seriously, we had the two worst candidates in the history of America (both of which should have been disqualified, imo), and you act surprised that things turned out "ugly", Really? Try running a halfway decent candidate.

You had the chance, nut ran Hillary instead. That's why you lost.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 05:25 AM

Bullies want limited government.

Right.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 05:30 AM
And changing the Constitution to ban Muslims and end birthright citizenship. This is a big deal because if Dems lose just one more state legislature, the GOP can change the Constitution unopposed.

"birthright citizenship" is not part of the Constitution.

Safety
06-17-2017, 05:34 AM

Yes, people are susceptible to propaganda, which is why we should make sure that Russia doesn't elect another president for us again.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 05:45 AM
Yes, people are susceptible to propaganda, which is why we should make sure that Russia doesn't elect another president for us again.

They have interfered in our elections for over 8- years. But they never elected a politician.

Trish
06-17-2017, 06:17 AM
I would imagine his disapproval rating would be higher than 64% if those who claim to still approve didn't look at it more as a referendum on their own personal actions rather than his.

They fear that if they express their displeasure with how he has been handling things then it will be a reflection on their judgement for placing him in office. I'm sorry to say that they've already been judged. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and start again.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 06:23 AM
Are people disapproving about what the media reports, or what the Administration is getting done?

Beevee
06-17-2017, 06:31 AM

So as you are not susceptible to propaganda, you would be the first to admit that the USA has lost more wars than it has won since 1945?

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 06:35 AM
So as you are not susceptible to propaganda, you would be the first to admit that the USA has lost more wars than it has won since 1945?

Political wars do not all have victory as a goal. And the loss in those wars does not really affect the nation.

Beevee
06-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Political wars do not all have victory as a goal. And the loss in those wars does not really affect the nation.

The continued return of lost military would tend to depict the opposite.

decedent
06-17-2017, 11:05 AM

Hillary Clinton is not a criminal.... obviously.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 11:09 AM
The continued return of lost military would tend to depict the opposite.

Sorry. My statement was above your ability.

Do a search of my past posts. A Stratfor article about the differences between certain sorts of wars. Read that. Think about it. If you feel like you understand it, comment.

If not. Don't bother.

decedent
06-17-2017, 12:17 PM
"birthright citizenship" is not part of the Constitution.
The Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment states: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." This is commonly referred to as birthright citizenship.

decedent
06-17-2017, 12:20 PM
I would imagine his disapproval rating would be higher than 64% if those who claim to still approve didn't look at it more as a referendum on their own personal actions rather than his.

They fear that if they express their displeasure with how he has been handling things then it will be a reflection on their judgement for placing him in office. I'm sorry to say that they've already been judged. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and start again.

Trump's first major action as President was the Muslim ban, which was doomed to fail. It was so obviously unconstitutional that I wonder if his administration wanted it to fail. He's been very unsuccessful, and can't even cooperate with his fellow Republicans in congress.

I have no doubt that Trump's unpopularity is largely based on his horrible performance.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 02:22 PM
The Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment states: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." This is commonly referred to as birthright citizenship.

And that is wrong. No SCOTUS case agrees with you.

The 14th Amendment concerned the freed slaves. Not illegals inside the country dropping a baby insider our borders.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Trump's first major action as President was the Muslim ban, which was doomed to fail. It was so obviously unconstitutional that I wonder if his administration wanted it to fail. He's been very unsuccessful, and can't even cooperate with his fellow Republicans in congress.

I have no doubt that Trump's unpopularity is largely based on his horrible performance.

It wasn't unconstitutional. The courts looked at campaign speeches and tweets, rather than the executive order. The ACLU lawyer said in court that had Hillary issued that EO it would be constitutional.

del
06-17-2017, 02:52 PM
And that is wrong. No SCOTUS case agrees with you.

The 14th Amendment concerned the freed slaves. Not illegals inside the country dropping a baby insider our borders.
no scotus case agrees with you, either.

c

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 03:01 PM
no scotus case agrees with you, either.

c

Well that means it is incorrect to say the 14th Amendment allows for illegals to drop babies inside the US to claim citizenship.

It just is not true.

On the bright side, they aren't killing their babies like libs here.

spunkloaf
06-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Seriously, we had the two worst candidates in the history of America (both of which should have been disqualified, imo), and you act surprised that things turned out "ugly", Really? Try running a halfway decent candidate.

You had the chance, nut ran Hillary instead. That's why you lost.

I'm putting you on ignore, because you said that I "ran Hillary." You don't even know me. Try getting to know people before you get all presumptuous on them.

spunkloaf
06-17-2017, 04:31 PM
It wasn't unconstitutional. The courts looked at campaign speeches and tweets, rather than the executive order. The ACLU lawyer said in court that had Hillary issued that EO it would be constitutional.

A "Muslim Ban" is unconstitutional.

Everybody knows that is what Trump wants, and that's what the republicans want.

They want their sovereign, safe, white America where they can wear hoodies and lynch black people.
No republican is going to get away with it, no matter what kind of language they try to use to cover it up.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 04:45 PM
A "Muslim Ban" is unconstitutional.

Everybody knows that is what Trump wants, and that's what the republicans want.

They want their sovereign, safe, white America where they can wear hoodies and lynch black people.
No republican is going to get away with it, no matter what kind of language they try to use to cover it up.
It was not a Muslim ban. Unfortunately the terror masters today are Muslims. The courts overstepped their authority. Were I POTUS, I would have enforced the ban in defiance of the courts.

spunkloaf
06-17-2017, 04:47 PM
It was not a Muslim ban. Unfortunately the terror masters today are Muslims. The courts overstepped their authority. Were I POTUS, I would have enforced the ban in defiance of the courts.

No. The terrorists are cops are right wing nationalists.

spunkloaf
06-17-2017, 04:49 PM

The president campaigned for two years saying that he's going to have a Muslim ban. It was a Muslim ban.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 04:51 PM
No. The terrorists are cops are right wing nationalists.
That is not just stupid. It is a clue of a criminally insane person.

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 04:53 PM
The president campaigned for two years saying that he's going to have a Muslim ban. It was a Muslim ban.

The executive order is the issue. Not the campaign speeches. We can't let judges keep us safe regarding foreign relations. Trump should have thanked them and then carried out his EO.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Trump's approval and disapproval numbers have remained relatively stable since midway through his campaign until now. The people who approve of his performance are pretty much the same people who supported him as a candidate. The same applies to those who disapprove.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2017, 04:58 PM

If it was a Muslim ban, why weren't all Muslim nations included?

spunkloaf
06-17-2017, 05:13 PM

You can't talk to me like that.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2017, 05:39 PM

Why not?

Peter1469
06-17-2017, 07:29 PM

Why?

Tahuyaman
06-17-2017, 11:58 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how Trump's travel ban is a Muslim ban when Muslims from most Muslim nations are not included in that travel ban.

resister
06-18-2017, 12:33 AM
The president campaigned for two years saying that he's going to have a Muslim ban. It was a Muslim ban.Is that why it did not include all muslim countries?

Green Arrow
06-18-2017, 12:52 AM
Is that why it did not include all muslim countries?

No, it didn't include all Muslim countries because Trump either has or wants business ties with the others.

resister
06-18-2017, 01:06 AM
No, it didn't include all Muslim countries because Trump either has or wants business ties with the others.MSM talking points often?

Green Arrow
06-18-2017, 01:11 AM
MSM talking points often?

No, facts. I know those are foreign these days.

resister
06-18-2017, 01:14 AM
Care to post where the banned countries have no trump investments and the not banned ones do?

Cletus
06-18-2017, 01:59 AM

I am pretty sure he did.

Cletus
06-18-2017, 02:01 AM

They would have to do it once before they could do it "again".

Peter1469
06-18-2017, 02:10 AM
No, it didn't include all Muslim countries because Trump either has or wants business ties with the others.

Or because he used Obama's list.

Cletus
06-18-2017, 02:18 AM
The countries he targeted were specifically chosen because for all practical purposes, they are "lawless" and incapable of vetting potential immigrants to the US.

It was actually perfectly reasonable.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2017, 10:23 AM
MSM talking points often?

Some people have a difficult time thinking for them self.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2017, 10:25 AM

Based on some of your recent comments, that's quite brash.

Green Arrow
06-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Based on some of your recent comments, that's quite brash.

My recent comments have been based solidly in facts.

DGUtley
06-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Notice -- Peter1469 TB'd for bad faith posting.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2017, 10:52 AM
My recent comments have been based solidly in facts.

Except for when they're not.

decedent
06-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Is that why it did not include all muslim countries?

It's just as easy to ask why Trump targeted only Muslim countries.

Trump's Muslim ban could be one reason why his disapproval rating is so staggeringly low.

resister
06-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Trump's Muslim ban could be one reason why his disapproval rating is so staggeringly low.
First of all if it was a Muslim ban, it would include all Muslim countries, kinda a requirement to have a Muslim ban.

Second point, your typo is Freudian, super LOL.

I agree, his disapproval is staggeringly low!

decedent
06-18-2017, 11:46 PM
First of all if it was a Muslim ban, it would include all Muslim countries, kinda a requirement to have a Muslim ban.

Second point, your typo is Freudian, super LOL.

I agree, his disapproval is staggeringly low!

It's a Muslim ban because it targeted ONLY Muslim nations.

resister
06-19-2017, 12:20 AM
It's a Muslim ban because it targeted ONLY Muslim nations.
Well, gee, it must be a PARTIAL Muslim ban at best.

It targeted countries known to export terror.

Will you ever admit not ALL Muslim countrys are on the list?

Green Arrow
06-19-2017, 10:19 AM
Well, gee, it must be a PARTIAL Muslim ban at best.

It targeted countries known to export terror.

Will you ever admit not ALL Muslim countrys are on the list?

Saudi Arabia is the largest exporter of terror in the ME. Why aren't they on the list?

del
06-19-2017, 10:31 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/b4/1d/afb41dcc2f8a64e92030046f772db55b.jpg

resister
06-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Saudi Arabia is the largest exporter of terror in the ME. Why aren't they on the list?Would not matter who the President is, they would never make the list.

Like $30.00 a gallon gas?

Safety
06-19-2017, 10:33 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/b4/1d/afb41dcc2f8a64e92030046f772db55b.jpg

You won the internets today. That was a high hurdle considering how early in the day it is.

resister
06-19-2017, 10:34 AM
BS meter just broke the guage. Did you get the app from exo? Wow, no link or source, color me:shocked:

Safety
06-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Lawlz

del
06-19-2017, 10:45 AM
You won the internets today. That was a high hurdle considering how early in the day it is.

to be fair, iraq is no longer on the list.

to make up for it, he's fucked with qatar, where he has no interests, but america does.

decedent
06-19-2017, 10:47 AM
BS meter just broke the guage. Did you get the app from exo? Wow, no link or source, color me:shocked:

It's bs? Link?

resister
06-19-2017, 10:49 AM
It's bs? Link?
Yeah, my point exactly, there is no link or source to go with it....:rollseyes:

del
06-19-2017, 10:49 AM

After his first immigration ban faced obstacles in federal courts, President Trump has signed a new executive order (https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-06/trump-revises-travel-ban-to-address-legal-issues-exempt-iraqis) that bans citizens from six Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East from entering the U.S. for 90 days. The new order excludes Iraq, which fell under the first ban (https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-27/trump-enacts-new-vetting-for-foreigners-entering-the-u-s), and makes other changes to specify who can and can't enter the U.S. But one thing hasn't changed: His proposed list doesn’t include Muslim-majority countries where his Trump Organization has done business or pursued potential deals. Properties include golf courses in the United Arab Emirates and two luxury towers operating in Turkey.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-second-immigration-ban-conflict-of-interest/

lulzzzzzzzzz

del
06-19-2017, 10:50 AM
mmmm hmmmm

resister
06-19-2017, 10:52 AM
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-second-immigration-ban-conflict-of-interest/

lulzzzzzzzzz

Strangely enough, you now post a link that does not include what you previously posted. Care to link a source for the first one you posted?

del
06-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Strangely enough, you now post a link that does not include what you previously posted. Care to link a source for the first one you posted?

no

care to discuss the facts?

that's a rhetorical question

decedent
06-19-2017, 10:57 AM

So it's wrong? Link?

Green Arrow
06-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Would not matter who the President is, they would never make the list.

Like $30.00 a gallon gas?

No. Is there a point to your question?

resister
06-19-2017, 11:37 AM
So it's wrong? Link?
You cant give a link to a made up piece of "info" That is why del was unable to do so.

resister
06-19-2017, 11:37 AM
No. Is there a point to your question?
you already missed it.

Green Arrow
06-19-2017, 12:39 PM
you already missed it.

Why don't you explain the relevance.

decedent
06-19-2017, 12:41 PM
You cant give a link to a made up piece of "info" That is why del was unable to do so.

You said it was BS. We usually back up our assertions with a link. Nobody asks for links more than you, which is ironic since you never provide any.

So... back it up.

del
06-19-2017, 02:06 PM

lulzzzzzzzzz

Docthehun
06-20-2017, 07:11 AM
This was always a concern of mine about the President.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/16/donald-trump-is-proving-too-stupid-to-be-president/