PDA

View Full Version : Going Galt

Taxcutter
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
With the re-election of Hussein Obama, America is beyond screwed. We’ll all need to be able to speak Greek. Between the gargantuan deficit and runaway regulations it will be a miracle if anybody has a job by 2014.

The 53% (those who pay income taxes) need to pursue a course of action similar to that of the fictional character John Galt. Few of us are wealthy enough to completely isolate ourselves, but we can approximate his fictional actions and here are some ideas.

1. Liquidate everything you can by the end of the year. Convert it into cash and squirrel that cash away.

2. Stop buying stuff. At least anything beyond the absolute essential. The military calls it “beans, bullets, batteries, and fuel.” Make what you have last. If you have to buy a replacement, buy used. Try to barter if you can. Craigslist is full of stuff that costs a fraction of what new stuff costs. Lay in a stash of ammunition, canned food, the myriad batteries we use commonly, and some storable fuel to keep you warm in the winter. Above all, defer purchase of big-ticket depreciating items like houses and cars. Pay off your old house and car if you can.

3. Minimize eating out. Minimize entertainment. Both are more expensive than you think.

For instance, I’d planned to buy some new carpet because of a spot in one room. Now that plan goes out the window. I’ll find something to cover it until the storm passes. Also, at the end of the NFL regular season, I’m cancelling my cable TV account. Internet access only. I stashed two tons of anthracite coal for my heating stove.

Don’t worry about the economy. The 47%ers (who pay no income tax) and blue state O-Bots are flush enough with redistributed wealth to keep the consumerist economy going.

Calypso Jones
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I am already on this. In the past we conservatives have jokingly half heartedly said we'd personally boycott this or that democrat business or concern. Now is the time to put your money where your mouth is. Don't go to movies. Stop buying music. Cut back everywhere. Drop what you can, netflix, xm, dish- well. cut out the extras. Stop buying at Kohls and McDonalds. Walmart is democrat but the grocery prices are good just don't buy luxury items and buy only what you need.

Peter1469
11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I agree. Let it burn. Just sit back and laugh. The redistributionalists will choke on their own medicine.

Mainecoons
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
They're making your cash worthless. Buy gold.

Trinnity
11-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm not contributing to this economic mess. My belt just got tighter.
My garden will be bigger next spring and I'm canning.

I'm gonna start buying silver. It's more usable.

Mainecoons
11-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Also, make as much as you can in the underground economy and keep it all.

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 11:20 AM
hoping for failure of our state is UnAmerican

Mainecoons
11-09-2012, 11:22 AM
No, just the failure of your government.

Free and self reliant people don't view government as their state.

Never mind, you wouldn't understand. :grin:

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 11:24 AM
so now your anti US government?

Mainecoons
11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Like I said, you wouldn't understand. Thanks for proving my point.

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
How has our government failed?

because you didnt get what YOU wanted?

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 11:38 AM
so now your anti US government?

You ever notice how your posts are always terrible and full of grammar issues while other people fill them with intelligent thoughts?
Ever wonder why?

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
You cant answer so you deflect

Trinnity
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Because it has a consistent pattern of spending more than it takes in. It's not that taxes are too low; spending it too high.

Wait - why am I telling you anything, you're an idiot.

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 11:43 AM
That is an opinion.

why was it OK when Bush was putting wars on the credit card?

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 12:00 PM
do you realise they went Unpaid for Until Obama had to put them on the budget to pay for them?

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 12:03 PM
That is an opinion.

why was it OK when Bush was putting wars on the credit card?

Bush didn't spend 50% in 8 years of what Odumba the Kenyan King spent in 4.

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
that money you compolain about was in part the money Bush spent on the crdit card when he started two wars.

Do you cae about facts?

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
that money you compolain about was in part the money Bush spent on the crdit card when he started two wars.

Do you cae about facts?

complain*
credit*
care*

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
diverting again?

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Is it fact that the Bush wars went unpaid for until they were put back on the budget under Obama?

can you agree that is a fact

Calypso Jones
11-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Well who cares? Obama said he'd fix that in his first four years. He didn't. NOW we're gonna have obamacare and the tax that goes with that whether you realize it or not. Nothing is free. Obama won. You won. Enjoy. It's no longer about Bush if you have any character at all. THIS is now Obama's economy.

Taxcutter
11-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Obama won. Ending Afghanistan is up to him. he's commander-in-chief. He could order the troops to march out tomorrow.

But that's off-topic.

It has nothing to do with individual citizens carrying out a passive boycott of the Obama economy.

roadmaster
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Explain to me why the DoD would circulate questionnaires asking if US troops would fire on American civilians in the event of riots or civil unrest? They lowered the standards when they needed them and now ousting many out. I am sure they will lower them again when they need the bodies. I just wish the southern men would stop enlisting. That way the draft would have to come back and the libs would have to fight.

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 01:22 PM

because you didnt get what YOU wanted?

No, what we needed dummy. It has nothing to do with want.

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Where you live you know your local stores and you know who was for Obama. Don't shop there either. If your gardener voted for Obama get another gardener. Public records will show you who gave to the Obama campaign. Avoid those businesses. This game of hardball can be easily won by simply not playing the game their way, but by your own rules. They have no rules, why should we.