PDA

View Full Version : Senate Russia investigators promised access to key Treasury data

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Trumplings should now be more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. :cool2:

(CNN)Members of the Senate intelligence committee said Tuesday they were promised access to data from the Treasury Department's financial crimes unit, as they dig into potential ties between the campaign of President Donald Trump and Russian financiers.

"The stack of press reports gets higher every day regarding financial connections between Trump associates and Russia, and Trump's own business dealings with Russian interests," Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat on the committee told CNN. "This morning, Treasury briefed me on documents that are being transmitted to the Senate. I believe these documents will be sufficient to start following the money."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/politics/senate-russia-investigators-treasury-data/index.html

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 08:50 AM
ahahahahahah aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahhaha
they should have opened with this...........but it'll still fill the bill as a "nothing burger"

hanger4
06-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Seriously ?? Am I to understand the FBI hasn't already looked these docs over ??

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 08:54 AM
ahahahahahah aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahhaha
they should have opened with this...........but it'll still fill the bill as a "nothing burger"

Could you please raise your responses to middle school level?

And watch yer tail! :laugh:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YvY4pytdFz8/Uop5kvMGBOI/AAAAAAAACFU/Jj3BdIC1OzA/s1600/twipComics_@OwlCity_MySpiritAnimal.gif

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 08:56 AM
Seriously ?? Am I to understand the FBI hasn't already looked these docs over ??

This is FinCEN - the Financial Crimes unit of the Treasury .. not the FBI.

They're a very interesting group .. I didn't know much about them either until a month or so ago.

https://www.fincen.gov/what-we-do

The Xl
06-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a lot of nothing.

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Sounds like a lot of nothing.

Of course, everything is nothing .. and nothing is everything.

Or as my black assistant supervisor at a kids home told me way back in the 80s: "Everything is Everything"

"Robert" was something of a sage ;-)

hanger4
06-21-2017, 09:13 AM
This is FinCEN - the Financial Crimes unit of the Treasury .. not the FBI.

They're a very interesting group .. I didn't know much about them either until a month or so ago.

https://www.fincen.gov/what-we-do

So you're telling me after a years worth of collusion investigation the FBI never attempted to follow a money trail ?? You realize you're making an excellent case for the firing of Comey, incompetence.

resister
06-21-2017, 09:17 AM
Could you please raise your responses to middle school level?

And watch yer tail! :laugh:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YvY4pytdFz8/Uop5kvMGBOI/AAAAAAAACFU/Jj3BdIC1OzA/s1600/twipComics_@OwlCity_MySpiritAnimal.gifTry doing that. What is a Trumpkin?

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
So you're telling me after a years worth of collusion investigation the FBI never attempted to follow a money trail ?? You realize you're making an excellent case for the firing of Comey, incompetence.

A whole bunch of people are following the money trail .. namely Bob Mueller and his crack team.

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/06/06/quick-takes-mueller-hires-experts-in-the-mafia-and-fraud/

This was a missing piece of the puzzle ...

Patience

Tahuyaman
06-21-2017, 09:32 AM
The Democrats just keep grasping at straws. They are at the point now where they are ridiculing themselves.

hanger4
06-21-2017, 09:42 AM
A whole bunch of people are following the money trail .. namely Bob Mueller and his crack team.

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/06/06/quick-takes-mueller-hires-experts-in-the-mafia-and-fraud/

This was a missing piece of the puzzle ...

Patience

So you're agreeing, Comey is incompetent. :rofl:

Do you really believe the FBI has no experts in the 'follow the money trail' game ?? Come on Bo think !!

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 11:47 AM
So you're agreeing, Comey is incompetent. :rofl:

Do you really believe the FBI has no experts in the 'follow the money trail' game ?? Come on Bo think !!

I think Comey and his team were indeed following the money - Comey is gone - FBI still working on what he started.

Plus Mueller, the Senate, the House, FinCEN, etc etc etc - they don't reveal information, sources, methods and such from classified briefings or otherwise.

You must be thinking of Devin Nunes :wink:

Patience!

hanger4
06-21-2017, 12:24 PM
I think Comey and his team were indeed following the money - Comey is gone - FBI still working on what he started.

Plus Mueller, the Senate, the House, FinCEN, etc etc etc - they don't reveal information, sources, methods and such from classified briefings or otherwise.

You must be thinking of Devin Nunes :wink:

Patience!

"I think Comey and his team were indeed following the money"

For 11 months and no evidence of collusion.

"they don't reveal information,"

Maybe now that Comey's gone these anonymous leaks stop.

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 12:37 PM
"I think Comey and his team were indeed following the money"

For 11 months and no evidence of collusion.

"they don't reveal information,"

Maybe now that Comey's gone these anonymous leaks stop.

Collusion no - remember evidence must be HARD evidence .. he wasn't about to tell us about the circumstantials in open session.

AND he told us that Mueller was investigating that and the coverup (which is what brought Nixon down).

As for leaks, they will continue as long as Tangerine Tornado continues to demean his intelligence agencies.

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 12:41 PM
so, what information could the Treasury possibly have that is relevant to the case(s)?
Trump just took office less than 30 weeks ago.........IF they do, it might point the fingers back to a democratic controlled government.
Everything else has backfired on them...........

jimmyz
06-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Sounds like what an investigation like this should have access to.

If it gives people like Bo-4 hope, then good. Heaven knows it's been a downpour of sorrow these last seven months since Trump's win.

Mini Me
06-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Just sic the IRS CID on him. CID Criminal Investigation Division! I know what they can do, I had them on my case years ago! They threatened to raid my home and arrest me! Just over a few shekels owed!

Hoosier8
06-21-2017, 02:08 PM
More 'Hope and Change' for the desperate left. Well, at least they have a hobby (besides continually losing).

Hoosier8
06-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Collusion no - remember evidence must be HARD evidence .. he wasn't about to tell us about the circumstantials in open session.

AND he told us that Mueller was investigating that and the coverup (which is what brought Nixon down).

As for leaks, they will continue as long as Tangerine Tornado continues to demean his intelligence agencies.

LOL, now a 'coverup'? What planet are you on? Comey gave circumstantial prefaced with 'maybe I am wrong' and 'could be'.

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Just sic the IRS CID on him. CID Criminal Investigation Division! I know what they can do, I had them on my case years ago! They threatened to raid my home and arrest me! Just over a few shekels owed!
sic them on who? Trump? they've been crawling in and out of every orifice he has..........
btw..........I've gone up against them, and prevailed. Once you lose your fear of the IRS, there's not a whole lot that scares you

Ransom
06-21-2017, 02:55 PM
More 'Hope and Change' for the desperate left. Well, at least they have a hobby (besides continually losing).
You can tell this election last night stung bad. Leaving a mark.

Tahuyaman
06-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Every time they bring another person to testify, it's bad news for the Democrats.

Bethere
06-21-2017, 03:07 PM
so, what information could the Treasury possibly have that is relevant to the case(s)?
Trump just took office less than 30 weeks ago.........IF they do, it might point the fingers back to a democratic controlled government.
Everything else has backfired on them...........

They could, for instance, determine if Russian banks backed the hundreds of millions of $$$ in Deutsche bank loans.

You might remember that in 2008 no domestic bank would touch Trump.

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 03:10 PM
They could, for instance, determine if Russian banks backed the hundreds of millions of $$$ in Deutsche bank loans.

Well yes there is THAT

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Sounds like what an investigation like this should have access to.

If it gives people like Bo-4 hope, then good. Heaven knows it's been a downpour of sorrow these last seven months since Trump's win.

NO "Downpour of Sorrow" (thanks - awesome phrase) will compare to yours when Donald either quits or is impeached by June of '18

Ethereal
06-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Trumplings should now be more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Democrats have been saying that for months.

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Democrats have been saying that for months.

Yes correct, so we waited for 5 long YEARS and NINE Benghazi investigations

And you're out of patience after 7 MONTHS?

Just checking ;-)

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 03:34 PM

so what? that was then, 8 years ago. IF it was illegal then, wouldn't they have put him in jail long before now?
like I said, a whole lot of nothing....still getting your talking points from the DNC

Bethere
06-21-2017, 03:34 PM

Just checking ;-)

They should buckle up. As I noted in a previous thread this ride is just getting up to speed. The special counsel still has dozens of qualified Clinton supporters he hasn't even hired yet.

Bethere
06-21-2017, 03:35 PM
so what? that was then, 8 years ago. IF it was illegal then, wouldn't they have put him in jail long before now?
like I said, a whole lot of nothing....still getting your talking points from the DNC

Do you know what money laundering is? How about blackmail?

Maybe you now understand why rolling back sanctions on the Russians might be appealing to the Manchurian Cheese Puff?

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 03:39 PM

banks back one another all the time. It is the nature of banks. NOthing nefarious there. I'd bet Soros play s patty cake with them as well. The Rothchilds, etc.......... Even the Fed Res has its backer..the International Monetary Fund

hanger4
06-21-2017, 03:40 PM

Just checking ;-)

Still pushing that totally debunked meme I see.

Tahuyaman
06-21-2017, 03:43 PM

So, German banks would be colluding with Russia for the purpose of Russia colluding with Trump?

Bethere
06-21-2017, 03:43 PM
banks back one another all the time. It is the nature of banks. NOthing nefarious there. I'd bet Soros play s patty cake with them as well. The Rothchilds, etc.......... Even the Fed Res has its backer..the International Monetary Fund

Psst. The Russian banks in question were under International sanctions. Such activity would be money laundering.

Bethere
06-21-2017, 03:44 PM
So, German banks would be colluding with Russia for the purpose of Russia colluding with Trump?

Bank, not banks. But yeah, you are getting warmer. Let's find out.

It would, in theory, have more to do with money laundering then helping trump. He was probably just caught up in the backwash and that made for some excellent and usable blackmail opportunities for team putin.

Vladimir is an opportunist, not a genius.

Gosh, don't get me started on 666 fifth Avenue and his son in law.

Your friend,

bethere.

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Do you know what money laundering is? How about blackmail?

Maybe you now understand why rolling back sanctions on the Russians might be appealing to the Manchurian Cheese Puff?
great god man, do you hear yourself? You're saying the Russians planned to put Trump in office in 2008?

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 03:53 PM
Psst. The Russian banks in question were under International sanctions. Such activity would be money laundering.

then it would have been exposed much earlier than your fabrication

Bethere
06-21-2017, 03:54 PM
great god man, do you hear yourself? You're saying the Russians planned to put Trump in office in 2008?

I didn't say that.

Feel free to provide a link showing where I did.

Never speak on the Master's behalf.

Thanks.

Bethere
06-21-2017, 03:55 PM
then it would have been exposed much earlier than your fabrication

So, none of your five college degrees--cough, cough--was in finance?

Tahuyaman
06-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Bank, not banks. But yeah, you are getting warmer. Let's find out.

It would, in theory, have more to do with money laundering then helping trump. He was probably just caught up in the backwash and that made for some excellent and usable blackmail opportunities for team putin.

Vladimir is an opportunist, not a genius.

Gosh, don't get me started on 666 fifth Avenue and his son in law.

Your friend,

bethere.

Maybe Trump was the dude on the grassy Knoll? Let's find out.

Common Sense
06-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Maybe Trump was the dude on the grassy Knoll? Let's find out.
No, that was Cruz's father.

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Still pushing that totally debunked meme I see.

Yes of course, totally debunked. :rollseyes:

Enjoy the ride @hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403) and why you would find it wise to stick with Trump is outside of my realm and/or comprehension

Thanks!

Bethere
06-21-2017, 04:31 PM

Enjoy the ride @hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403) and why you would find it wise to stick with Trump is outside of my realm and/or comprehension

Thanks!

It's 100% about partisan politics with said poster.

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 04:37 PM
LOL, now a 'coverup'? What planet are you on? Comey gave circumstantial prefaced with 'maybe I am wrong' and 'could be'.

Patience Mr. Pyle and retreat to Mayberry! ;-)

http://www.electricferret.com/battle/contenders/gomerpyle.jpg

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 04:38 PM

Tahu two TOO?

:rofl:

Ethereal
06-21-2017, 04:48 PM

Just checking ;-)
The difference is we had actual evidence Benghazi needed to be investigated. The only "evidence" against Trump is speculation, rumor, and gossip floating around in newspapers and talk-shows.

del
06-21-2017, 04:49 PM
keep telling yourself that

Ethereal
06-21-2017, 04:52 PM
No, that was Cruz's father.

Actually, it was a lone nut who had no discernible connections to anyone and was conveniently assassinated by a "concerned citizen" before a trial could happen. Yup, sounds reaaaaal plausible... :smiley:

Ethereal
06-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Irony, thy name is Bethere!

Ethereal
06-21-2017, 04:54 PM
keep telling yourself that
I will, because it's true.

Four Americans were killed during a terrorist attack on a diplomatic facility in Libya, including an ambassador.

Hillary Clinton was the Secretary of State and a big promoter of our intervention in Libya.

The connection is obvious, as is the need for an investigation.

What's the basis for this investigation? Oh, right. Democrats lost and cannot handle it.

hanger4
06-21-2017, 04:55 PM

Thanks!

Pointng out your misstatements, debunked memes, and sometimes lies has nothing to do with Trump. It's all about you Bo-4

del
06-21-2017, 04:56 PM
I will, because it's true.

Four Americans were killed during a terrorist attack on a diplomatic facility in Libya.

Hillary Clinton was the Secretary of State and a big promoter of our intervention in Libya.

The connection is obvious, as is the need for an investigation.

What's the basis for this investigation? Oh, right. Democrats lost and cannot handle it.
whatever works for you, s0n

i'll wait

Ethereal
06-21-2017, 04:57 PM
whatever works for you, s0n

i'll wait

What works for me is evidence and logic. Let me know when you get some.

del
06-21-2017, 04:58 PM
What works for me is evidence and logic. Let me know when you get some.
yes, you've screeched that a number of times

i'll wait

hanger4
06-21-2017, 04:58 PM

Says the poster who has me on ignore and can't even read what I post. :rofl:

stjames1_53
06-21-2017, 05:12 PM
well, just jump on your happy scooter and run this information to the Hill........they're waiting for your testimony
so. explain how this was done, and how Trump got this all past the SEC................ c'mon now, we're talking really big bucks. How was this done?
Did Trump get dinged in 2008? '09,'10, '12, '13, '14, '15 even? Are you saying he's smarter than everyone investigating him since he was born?
this needs to be in the conspiracy section

So, none of your five college degrees--cough, cough--was in finance?

Ethereal
06-21-2017, 05:14 PM
yes, you've screeched that a number of times

i'll wait

You have nothing, so waiting is all you can do.

Bethere
06-21-2017, 07:07 PM
well, just jump on your happy scooter and run this information to the Hill........they're waiting for your testimony
so. explain how this was done, and how Trump got this all past the SEC................ c'mon now, we're talking really big bucks. How was this done?
Did Trump get dinged in 2008? '09,'10, '12, '13, '14, '15 even? Are you saying he's smarter than everyone investigating him since he was born?
this needs to be in the conspiracy section

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-21/trump-russia-and-those-shadowy-sater-deals-at-bayrock&ved=0ahUKEwj6ueqB8c_UAhUEPD4KHSaiBWMQqOcBCB8wAQ&usg=AFQjCNEUg9zeRsPghLdJaN7WaBbTB97BZQ

Read. Learn. Grow.

del
06-21-2017, 07:08 PM
You have nothing, so waiting is all you can do.

all good things come to those who wait.

Bethere
06-21-2017, 07:14 PM
all good things come to those who wait.

Be careful.

Bo-4
06-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Pointng out your misstatements, debunked memes, and sometimes lies has nothing to do with Trump. It's all about you @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297)

Meh hanger4 .. Tis NEVER been about me

Talk to your God ;-)

http://time.com/4824795/stephen-colbert-seth-rogen-donald-trump-jr/

hanger4
06-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Meh hanger4 .. Tis NEVER been about me

Talk to your God ;-)

http://time.com/4824795/stephen-colbert-seth-rogen-donald-trump-jr/

But it is about you, it's all most always about you and you know it and it pisses you off cause you can do nothing about it. You can't help yourself Bo, you knowingly spread lies, you repeat debunked memes knowing they're debunked.

And in this case, how am I defending Trump by pointing out, once again, that HRC is the reason for the numerous hearings because of her failure to comply ??