PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Senator: Maybe We're Talking Too Much About Russia

Common
06-22-2017, 06:15 AM
Democratic Senator: Maybe We're Talking Too Much About Russia, Voters Don't Care About ItYA THINK DUH!!!!! you wore russian out two months ago. If you read both sides, its clear the democrats are finally very very worried. They realize their entire hate on trump strategy has failed.

After the defeat of Jon Ossoff in Georgia’s special election, some Democrats are having an epiphany: maybe we’re talking about Russia too much. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) went on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, where he was asked by Willie Geist if the party should keep shifting to the Left or gravitate towards the center. This comes after some left wing groups said that Ossoff lost because he was too moderate. Murphy said that his party needs to be “hyper focused” on an economic message that says the Democratic Party wants prosperity for everyone, not just millionaires and billionaires (aka the Democratic donor base). On a side note, that’s true since 42 percent of Obama voters (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/05/02/failure-large-slice-of-obama-voters-who-flipped-for-trump-thought-clintons-agen-n2320834) who flipped for Trump felt that Hillary Clinton would favor the wealthy. At the same time, it highlights the collapse of Democratic election messaging.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/06/21/democratic-senator-maybe-were-talking-too-much-about-russia-voters-dont-care-n2344597

donttread
06-22-2017, 07:20 AM
Democratic Senator: Maybe We're Talking Too Much About Russia, Voters Don't Care About It

YA THINK DUH!!!!! you wore russian out two months ago. If you read both sides, its clear the democrats are finally very very worried. They realize their entire hate on trump strategy has failed.

After the defeat of Jon Ossoff in Georgia’s special election, some Democrats are having an epiphany: maybe we’re talking about Russia too much. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) went on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, where he was asked by Willie Geist if the party should keep shifting to the Left or gravitate towards the center. This comes after some left wing groups said that Ossoff lost because he was too moderate. Murphy said that his party needs to be “hyper focused” on an economic message that says the Democratic Party wants prosperity for everyone, not just millionaires and billionaires (aka the Democratic donor base). On a side note, that’s true since 42 percent of Obama voters (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/05/02/failure-large-slice-of-obama-voters-who-flipped-for-trump-thought-clintons-agen-n2320834) who flipped for Trump felt that Hillary Clinton would favor the wealthy. At the same time, it highlights the collapse of Democratic election messaging.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/06/21/democratic-senator-maybe-were-talking-too-much-about-russia-voters-dont-care-n2344597

Wow, I guess being the last one to get it is better than not getting it at all

Adelaide
06-22-2017, 07:22 AM
I think reasonable Democrats have probably known this for a while but did not want to step in and earn the ire of the more radical Democrats and their supporters.

bajisima
06-22-2017, 08:45 AM
I think reasonable Democrats have probably known this for a while but did not want to step in and earn the ire of the more radical Democrats and their supporters.
Politics still revolves around wallet economics. That motivates people at the polls. Whether right or wrong, a lot of people voted for Trump because they trusted him with the economy. That is a big deal. Going off about Russia and spending all the effort on it is a losing issue at least until something definitely is proven. Otherwise democrats could be walking into the biggest trap of all, having Mueller come out in October of 2018 saying "we find nothing." Then what? With the mid terms so close they will have no message. That's why quite a few dems are coming out now after the GA special election saying "we need a message."

Tahuyaman
06-22-2017, 09:36 AM

At some point one of the adults in the party is going to be forced to step up and restore sanity.

Ransom
06-22-2017, 09:43 AM

I agree. But so...keep losing? They see this strat not working, losing elections......and yet they cannot 'step in' in fear of the 'more radical liberals?'

Cause that still says more about them than it does the radicals. The adults in their Party need to step up. But don't.

Ransom
06-22-2017, 09:47 AM
At some point one of the adults in the party is going to be forced to step up and restore sanity.
Well said. However, I think they've personally let the cat out of the bag. There is no going back for some of these lost souls(Bo).

Bo-4
06-22-2017, 09:51 AM
I believe you posted this yesterday, but that never stopped ya!

Russia isn't going to go away - partly because Trump keeps tweeting about it :grin:

DGUtley
06-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Naaaaaaaaa, keep on it. Eventually, they'll convince me that I voted for Trump b/c of Putin.

Ransom
06-22-2017, 10:03 AM

Russia isn't going to go away - partly because Trump keeps tweeting about it :grin:

But your majorities have gone away, Bo. So has your agenda, Obamacare, Paris Climate, the TPP, and sanctuary cities. We own Washington.

Tahuyaman
06-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Well said. However, I think they've personally let the cat out of the bag. There is no going back for some of these lost souls(Bo).

People like him are not able to be brought back. He represents a tiny percentage.

Ransom
06-22-2017, 10:15 AM
People like him are not able to be brought back. He represents a tiny percentage.

But that tiny...is loud and has money...and has been dictating their pace and policy since Feb of 2016.
It's obvious they need to change, I take humor when they don't.

Bo-4
06-22-2017, 10:22 AM
But your majorities have gone away, Bo. So has your agenda, Obamacare, Paris Climate, the TPP, and sanctuary cities. We own Washington.

And yet five months in and not a single legislative accomplishment

Yay YOU!! :rolleyes:

DGUtley
06-22-2017, 10:26 AM
How Trump is chipping away at Obama's legacy -- http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politics/trump-roll-back-obama-legacy/index.html

Tahuyaman
06-22-2017, 10:33 AM
But that tiny...is loud and has money...and has been dictating their pace and policy since Feb of 2016.
It's obvious they need to change, I take humor when they don't.

They are loud, but they don't have any money.

Tahuyaman
06-22-2017, 10:34 AM
And yet five months in and not a single legislative accomplishment

Yay YOU!! :rolleyes:

How Trump is chipping away at Obama's legacy -- http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politics/trump-roll-back-obama-legacy/index.html

CNN just committed a random act of journalism.

Common
06-22-2017, 10:45 AM

You and others keep trying to take shots at me bo, like this little snarky comment. How could I post this yesterday when it was just in the news today. You say that ABOUT every thread I post that you cant bs your way out of.

Nice try no cigar

Common
06-22-2017, 10:47 AM
Trump is doing exactly what obama feared if he won, thats why he started the russia thing and the resistance.
Hes even failed at that, trump isnt missing a beat.

I posted about this starting two months ago that the resistance hadnt stopped trump but the left here was all caught up in russia and raging.

Anyone else notice theyve gotten alot calmer lately

Bo-4
06-22-2017, 10:51 AM
You and others keep trying to take shots at me bo, like this little snarky comment. How could I post this yesterday when it was just in the news today. You say that ABOUT every thread I post that you cant bs your way out of.

Nice try no cigar

Okay maybe it wasn't you .. but the Morning Joe excerpt was yesterday and SOMEBODY posted it!

AeonPax
06-22-2017, 10:56 AM
`
`
This is from a left of center web site; Russia-gate Flops as Democrats’ Golden Ticket (https://consortiumnews.com/2017/06/21/russia-gate-flops-as-democrats-golden-ticket/) - The national Democrats saw Russia-gate and the drive to impeach President Trump as their golden ticket back to power, but so far the ticket seems to be made of fool’s gold, writes Robert Parry.

Common
06-22-2017, 11:02 AM
What are democrats doing for the country, screaming the russians are coming. What have they done for the country, try to make the russians are coming real. What is their agenda for their country, insult trump and try to impeach him. How are they going to impeach trump when they cant win an election and the gop has the house and senate.

So in reality they arent doing a damn thing

AeonPax
06-22-2017, 01:02 PM
`This is from a left of center web site; Russia-gate Flops as Democrats’ Golden Ticket (https://consortiumnews.com/2017/06/21/russia-gate-flops-as-democrats-golden-ticket/) - The national Democrats saw Russia-gate and the drive to impeach President Trump as their golden ticket back to power, but so far the ticket seems to be made of fool’s gold, writes Robert Parry.
`
From the article;

"To many Americans struggling to make ends meet, the national Democrats seem committed to the interests of the worldwide elites: global trade, financialization of the economy, robotization of the workplace, and endless war against endless enemies."

Common
06-22-2017, 01:16 PM
`
From the article;

"To many Americans struggling to make ends meet, the national Democrats seem committed to the interests of the worldwide elites: global trade, financialization of the economy, robotization of the workplace, and endless war against endless enemies."

Thats exactly what ive been saying for a long time, obama did nothing for americans they werent his focus.

bajisima
06-22-2017, 01:16 PM
I agree. But so...keep losing? They see this strat not working, losing elections......and yet they cannot 'step in' in fear of the 'more radical liberals?'

They also don't want to show there is a division within the party between the progressives and the centrists. By "stepping in" that means they would re-open old wounds from 2016 and they don't want that going into 2018 or 2020.

Common
06-22-2017, 02:17 PM
They also don't want to show there is a division within the party between the progressives and the centrists. By "stepping in" that means they would re-open old wounds from 2016 and they don't want that going into 2018 or 2020.
Theres a 3 way split, progressives, berniecrats and democrats. The democrats are disgusted with both of them

There is one rule that always stands and that is americans ALWAYS reject the far left and the far right.
Go to far either way and americans turn their backs

donttread
06-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Politics still revolves around wallet economics. That motivates people at the polls. Whether right or wrong, a lot of people voted for Trump because they trusted him with the economy. That is a big deal. Going off about Russia and spending all the effort on it is a losing issue at least until something definitely is proven. Otherwise democrats could be walking into the biggest trap of all, having Mueller come out in October of 2018 saying "we find nothing." Then what? With the mid terms so close they will have no message. That's why quite a few dems are coming out now after the GA special election saying "we need a message."

You can see the very ppor voting dem, believing that they will have more help and bens. You can see the rich voting repub banking on tax cuts .
But what I could never get was how the "two major parties" get the middle class neither of them give a damn about to split their vote between the two instead of finding another party