PDA

View Full Version : Markets fall for the second day after the election.

wazi99
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
According to preliminary calculations, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 121 points, or 0.93%, to 12812, the S&P 500 dipped 17 points, or 1.2%, to 1378 and the Nasdaq Composite slumped 41.7 points, or 1.4%, to 2896.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2012/11/08/wall-street-in-multi-day-retreat/#ixzz2BfXdkcey

Cigar
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
If I were you, I'd take all my money out of the Market.

Think of all the money you've lost since March 2009.

wazi99
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
If I were you, I'd take all my money out of the Market.

Think of all the money you've lost since March 2009.

Business count on raising money from the stock market to build and hire people. That is why they go public is to raise funds. If this continues for just 3 more days we could be looking at a major reduction in capital that can be used to grow mid size business.

Mid and small businesses are responsible for 70% of jobs. If people are unwilling to invest in them do to higher taxes or uncertainty than it will be much harder to grow the work force in the US.

You can say punish the successful people but I never got a job from a poor person...

coolwalker
11-08-2012, 06:13 PM
You will reap what you sow...seems I heard that somewhere.

Beevee
11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
According to preliminary calculations, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 121 points, or 0.93%, to 12812, the S&P 500 dipped 17 points, or 1.2%, to 1378 and the Nasdaq Composite slumped 41.7 points, or 1.4%, to 2896.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2012/11/08/wall-street-in-multi-day-retreat/#ixzz2BfXdkcey

Perhaps the third paragraph under 'Today's markets' has something to do with it.

GrassrootsConservative
11-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Perhaps the third paragraph under 'Today's markets' has something to do with it.

Something, yes. If you believe Barack Hussein Obama actually does anything for America as a nation, you're an imbecile. You and almost have the country.

The best thing he has done for us is to not keep any of the insanely Communist promises he made in his first campaign.

Beevee
11-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Something, yes. If you believe Barack Hussein Obama actually does anything for America as a nation, you're an imbecile. You and almost have the country.

The best thing he has done for us is to not keep any of the insanely Communist promises he made in his first campaign.

I care not what he has or hasn't done for the US. My view is that he is keeping out of western foreign affairs far more than his predecessor which is a plus for the rest of us.

wazi99
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I care not what he has or hasn't done for the US. My view is that he is keeping out of western foreign affairs far more than his predecessor which is a plus for the rest of us.

What happens in the world affects us. We are intertwined and can never break apart from what happens in the world. Our economy is built on selling goods around the world. Our market is not big enough to support the people in it with out exporting. Even back when this country was founded we exported goods like cotton.

Please explain to me how turning a blind eye to the rest of the world helps us?

Captain Obvious
11-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Please do - take your money out of the markets.

More for the rest of us.

Captain Obvious
11-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Also, just to show how silly this whole "the sky is falling" shit is, if conservative bedshitters were smart, and they clearly are not, they would be investing in the stock market by selling short.

Again, which I wouldn't mind seeing. A transfer of wealth from idiocy to sanity.

Beevee
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
What happens in the world affects us. We are intertwined and can never break apart from what happens in the world. Our economy is built on selling goods around the world. Our market is not big enough to support the people in it with out exporting. Even back when this country was founded we exported goods like cotton.

Please explain to me how turning a blind eye to the rest of the world helps us?

After you explain why your military is stationed in over half of it.

Calypso Jones
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
well they sure as hell don't deserve it. ingrates.

oceanloverOH
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
After you explain why your military is stationed in over half of it.

The U.S. military is positioned strategically for nearly instant response to any threat to North America, or its allies, from anywhere in the world. That's their job....and they sacrifice a helluva a lot to make sure that job is done every minute of every day. And don't think they aren't also poised and able to help protect your little Canadian butt if the slightest assistance was needed. I served with Canadian military at a NATO location....I'm proud of the job they do also and would never denigrate their mission; so I'm really hoping you aren't hinting at denigrating the mission of the U.S. military. I hope that answers your question.

Cigar
11-09-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm saving this Link to be served later. :grin:

Mainecoons
11-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Cig, I'll grant you that you got in at the right time, probably for the wrong reason. You have ridden the bubble up that the Fed has created with money printing. That old market truism, "don't fight the Fed" has been proven in spades.

Are you smart enough now to take your profits?

Cigar
11-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Cig, I'll grant you that you got in at the right time, probably for the wrong reason. You have ridden the bubble up that the Fed has created with money printing. That old market truism, "don't fight the Fed" has been proven in spades.

Are you smart enough now to take your profits?

I had IRAs and 401ks since 1980

Beevee
11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
The U.S. military is positioned strategically for nearly instant response to any threat to North America, or its allies, from anywhere in the world. That's their job....and they sacrifice a helluva a lot to make sure that job is done every minute of every day. And don't think they aren't also poised and able to help protect your little Canadian butt if the slightest assistance was needed. I served with Canadian military at a NATO location....I'm proud of the job they do also and would never denigrate their mission; so I'm really hoping you aren't hinting at denigrating the mission of the U.S. military. I hope that answers your question.

I see you are a product of the mighty American propaganda machine.

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I see you are a product of the mighty American propaganda machine.

She fought in our military, have some fuckin respect.

Beevee
11-09-2012, 11:28 PM
She fought in our military, have some fuckin respect.

When you choose to have respect for civilians in countries other than your own, who are constantly being murdered by cowards operating drones, I might consider it, for a milisecond.

Calypso Jones
11-09-2012, 11:34 PM
When you choose to have respect for civilians in countries other than your own, who are constantly being murdered by cowards operating drones, I might consider it, for a milisecond.

HEY..we'll kill whomever we want and we don't need your input. jackass

roadmaster
11-09-2012, 11:37 PM

Which civilians, the ones with bombs or the ones hiding behind children.