PDA

View Full Version : Cindy McCain: Crony Philanthropist

Ethereal
06-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Cindy McCain: Crony Philanthropist (http://reason.com/archives/2017/06/20/cindy-mccain-human-rights-ambassador)

From pill theft to cozying up to authoritarians, Trump's pick for U.S. ambassador on human rights has a long history of abusing the system.

Elizabeth Nolan Brown | June 20, 2017

After "aggressively courting" her for the role, President Donald Trump has reportedly nabbed Cindy McCain to serve in his State Department as an ambassador-at-large for human rights. She would almost certainly concentrate on sex trafficking, which has been the main focus of her recent advocacy—and on which she has a track record of spreading misinformation, promoting policies that make prostitution more dangerous, and partnering with people who use human trafficking as a cover for all sorts of rights-violating behavior. And this is just one of myriad red flags that the beer empress and senator's wife isn't quite as consistent or staunch a humanitarian as she's made out to be.

It turns out the "freedom, democracy, and human rights" institute launched by Cindy and Sen. John McCain is supported by large donations from entities known for persistent rights violations, including Saudi Arabia, a U.S. defense contractor selling smart bombs to the Saudis, and a Moroccan mining company occupying land in Northwest Africa.

In fact, examining McCain's philanthropic record reveals a long history of personal abuse of nonprofit resources, shady connections, and shoddy work. For years, McCain has been playing the role of crony philanthropist, and now she is poised to bring her dubious advocacy to the highest levels of government.

[...]

Trump appoints a fraudster and an influence-peddler to his State Department, probably in an attempt to soften her husband's criticism of his administration.

Green Arrow
06-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Trump, the corporate baron, nominates more corporate barons to his administration. This is unsurprising.

Agent Zero
06-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Trump appoints a fraudster and an influence-peddler to his State Department, probably in an attempt to soften her husband's criticism of his administration.

I'm more worried about his other shady appointments, like his son's wedding planner running public housing.

But I guess you were just as outraged in 2008 over democrats bringing up Cindy's drug use, werent you?

Peter1469
06-23-2017, 08:47 PM
Trump, the corporate baron, nominates more corporate barons to his administration. This is unsurprising.

Proffessional politicans caculate their every move. That is also unsurprising.

Green Arrow
06-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Proffessional politicans caculate their every move. That is also unsurprising.

And who would be the calculator you are referring to?

Peter1469
06-23-2017, 11:14 PM
And who would be the calculator you are referring to?

The politician.

Green Arrow
06-23-2017, 11:15 PM
The politician.

There are a lot of them at present, who specifically did you have in mind?

Peter1469
06-23-2017, 11:18 PM
There are a lot of them at present, who specifically did you have in mind?

Policticans learn to messure their public speech. Does that help?

Green Arrow
06-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Policticans learn to messure their public speech. Does that help?

Not particularly, no. Please explain the relevance to my comment.

Peter1469
06-23-2017, 11:22 PM
Not particularly, no. Please explain the relevance to my comment.

If it is not self evident I can't help. Sorry.

donttread
06-24-2017, 07:48 AM

Much like legalizing drugs takes a bite out of the gangs, legalizing prostitution takes a bite of of trafficers. Why such need to ban normal human behavior?

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 09:52 AM

would you prefer a bunch of academics who have no record of success in the real world?

Ethereal
06-24-2017, 01:05 PM
But I guess you were just as outraged in 2008 over democrats bringing up Cindy's drug use, werent you?

Huh?

Ethereal
06-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Why such need to ban normal human behavior?

A control freak mentality mixed with a puritanical viewpoint on sex.

Green Arrow
06-24-2017, 02:46 PM
would you prefer a bunch of academics who have no record of success in the real world?

I would prefer people who have good solutions to our problems.

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 05:01 PM
I would prefer people who have good solutions to our problems.

In your world, where does someone gain the knowledge and experience to solve these problems? Academia? The business sector? Through government service?

Green Arrow
06-24-2017, 06:13 PM
In your world, where does someone gain the knowledge and experience to solve these problems? Academia? The business sector? Through government service?

A variety of sources.

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 09:54 PM
A variety of sources.I would trust someone who was successful in the business sector over someone who has no experience outside of academia or government.

Green Arrow
06-24-2017, 10:21 PM
I would trust someone who was successful in the business sector over someone who has no experience outside of academia or government.

Would you also trust a dog catcher over a brain surgeon to remove a brain tumor?

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 10:38 PM
Would you also trust a dog catcher over a brain surgeon to remove a brain tumor?

That was perhaps your weakest attempt at trolling. Try again.

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 10:41 PM
I don't know why some people think that academics and career politicos are more qualified to create sound economc or tax policy than those who have been highly successful in the business, industry and corporate fields. But, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) thinks that calling on the proven achievers to correct our problems is foolish.

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 10:42 PM
I guess they are the same people who believe a lawyer has better insight into medical issues than a medical doctor.

Green Arrow
06-24-2017, 10:54 PM

Trolling?

https://media.giphy.com/media/L8XuphFGqlSfe/giphy.gif

You are a laugh riot! I think we're done here.

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 10:56 PM
Trolling?

You are a laugh riot! I think we're done here.. You can't respond to a comment with any substance, so you show your ass.

Green Arrow
06-24-2017, 11:05 PM
. You can't respond to a comment with any substance, so you show your ass.

Have you considered doing stand-up?

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 11:07 PM
when you can't respond to a comment you go into go troll mode. Weak troll
mode.

Green Arrow
06-24-2017, 11:09 PM
when you can't respond to a comment you go into go troll mode. Weak troll
mode.

The average male has about 4 grams of irony in their blood. Some people probably have more. Fun fact.

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 11:14 PM
The average male has about 4 grams of irony in their blood. Some people probably have more. Fun fact.
You carry a burden of 10 pounds of idiocy.

Tahuyaman
06-24-2017, 11:16 PM
I don't know why some people think that academics and career politicos are more qualified to create sound economc or tax policy than those who have been highly successful in the business, industry and corporate fields. But, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) thinks that calling on the proven achievers to correct our problems is foolish.. Green Arrow doesn't want to respond to that because he knows he'd expose his ignorance. His pride is not allow that.

Green Arrow
06-24-2017, 11:40 PM
Ethereal, do you think this will change McCain's critiques of the Trump admin?

Ethereal
06-25-2017, 12:06 AM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870), do you think this will change McCain's critiques of the Trump admin?
I guess that depends on how much money the McCains are able to swindle out of the arrangement.

Common
06-25-2017, 04:49 AM
Trump was trying to tame John McCain Im betting

Adelaide
06-25-2017, 10:06 AM

Trolling?

You are a laugh riot! I think we're done here.

Thread banned for going off-topic and making things personal.

AeonPax
06-25-2017, 12:46 PM
`
I've always seen McCain as pretty much of a loose cannon, like Maxine Walters.