PDA

View Full Version : I won

Calypso Jones
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi, I'm Bronco Bamma your friendly neighborhood President. I told you I'd turn things around. Nothing is working.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/broncobammaday2.JPGThere, do you feel better now?

i won.

coolwalker
11-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Well Bronco, you told people what you would do but only half the nation listened while the other half was star struck you weasel you.

GrassrootsConservative
11-08-2012, 06:24 PM
<Clearly we made a great choice re-electing that guy from Kenya. I'm so glad we didn't elect that American asshole who knows how to make profits and run a successful business.>

Cedric
11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
That's why I no longer invest in the stock market. I got tired of seeing my investments spiral down the toilet every time the Left put or returned a moron to the Oval Office. But you forgot the other half of that saying . . . "I am Barack Obama and I won . . . and that means that U.S. citizens lost."

Sigh . . . no doubt the stock markets will recover because investors are addicted to investing. But these fluctuation are never good for the national economy. Had Romney been elected then the stock market would now be going through the roof instead of heading for the toilet. So it goes.

roadmaster
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
That's why I no longer invest in the stock market.

I got out years ago. Made some money and left. I wouldn't invest right now or anytime soon.

Captain Obvious
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
That's why I no longer invest in the stock market. I got tired of seeing my investments spiral down the toilet every time the Left put or returned a moron to the Oval Office. But you forgot the other half of that saying . . . "I am Barack Obama and I won . . . and that means that U.S. citizens lost."

Sigh . . . no doubt the stock markets will recover because investors are addicted to investing. But these fluctuation are never good for the national economy. Had Romney been elected then the stock market would now be going through the roof instead of heading for the toilet. So it goes.

Assuming you're fairly young (50's or less - moreso if moreso less), not investing in the stock market is a big mistake, especially if you diversify well.

Regardless of what "conservative" bedshitters are saying.

Even if there is a shred of validity to the faux panic and assuming the market completely tanks, your currency won't be of much use except to maybe wipe your ass with anyway.

Cedric
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Assuming you're fairly young (50's or less - moreso if moreso less), not investing in the stock market is a big mistake, especially if you diversify well.

Regardless of what "conservative" bedshitters are saying.

Even if there is a shred of validity to the faux panic and assuming the market completely tanks, your currency won't be of much use except to maybe wipe your ass with anyway.

Actually I am moderately seasoned in years and I do invest; I just don't invest in the stock market. There's all sorts of ways to sock money away. I prefer methods that keep my finances under the government's radar and definitely under my control. Just a quirk of mine.

bladimz
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
<Clearly we made a great choice re-electing that guy from Kenya. I'm so glad we didn't elect that American asshole who knows how to make profits and run a successful business.>Not only does he know how to make profits, but he knows where to put them and his successful businesses. ...Off-shore and overseas.

bladimz
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Actually I am moderately seasoned in years and I do invest; I just don't invest in the stock market. There's all sorts of ways to sock money away. I prefer methods that keep my finances under the government's radar and definitely under my control. Just a quirk of mine.Is there a mattress involved? :smiley:

GrassrootsConservative
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Not only does he know how to make profits, but he knows where to put them and his successful businesses. ...Off-shore and overseas.

Link? :laugh: as if I'll get one.

Cedric
11-08-2012, 06:46 PM
I got out years ago. Made some money and left. I wouldn't invest right now or anytime soon.

Right, and as noted I'm not worried about these investors or the stock markets. They will be back and the market will rebound. I am more concerned with business and their consistent refusal to re-invest in their own companies and expand. It's been four years now and eventually they will have to either do something with those assets or begin laying off workers.

Also California just committed taxation sepuku where businesses are concerned, and will be driving companies out of their already very nearly bankrupt state, and with those businesses will go the jobs.

Cedric
11-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Is there a mattress involved? :smiley:

Not anymore I got out of that business . . . oh . . . er . . . were we talking about the same thing?

roadmaster
11-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I was wise enough to invest when I was young. If you are over 50 and can't afford to lose don't. Even those savings bonds I bought for my children every year didn't do what I expected. When they got a certain age it was theirs. Even on a tight budget back then at least put aside some you can't touch for your kids.

Captain Obvious
11-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Not anymore I got out of that business . . . oh . . . er . . . were we talking about the same thing?

"Seasoned years"?

:grin:

GrassrootsConservative
11-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Still waiting on that link, blaminz.

Cedric
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
"Seasoned years"?

:grin:

Calling myself old got old. Heh.

oceanloverOH
11-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Hubby is a CPA and has made multi-faceted investments over the years, including some stocks that have done quite well all along. But he's been informed that he will be laid off his job of 17 years in 2013, and right now we have to decide if he's going to try to find another job at age 57 (nearly impossible, even for a highly trained professional these days), or if he can fully retire (we both get military pensions). He's decided not to try to analyze our portfolio himself now that Obama has been elected; he's going to hire a good personal financial planner to look at our assets and make recommendations. I have a feeling it's time to sell our stocks and invest in another direction.

Cedric
11-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Hubby is a CPA and has made multi-faceted investments over the years, including some stocks that have done quite well all along. But he's been informed that he will be laid off his job of 17 years in 2013, and right now we have to decide if he's going to try to find another job at age 57 (nearly impossible, even for a highly trained professional these days), or if he can fully retire (we both get military pensions). He's decided not to try to analyze our portfolio himself now that Obama has been elected; he's going to hire a good personal financial planner to look at our assets and make recommendations. I have a feeling it's time to sell our stocks and invest in another direction.

It's definitely time to reassess things. The wife and I have scaled back expenses to bare bones and intend to stay that way throughout these rough times. Protect what you already have, counsel family members to be very cautious with expenses and investments and then just wait it out.

patrickt
11-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Fortunately for those folks in Washington they're allowed to engage in insider trading. You'll all be happy to hear that they're getting rich.

Cigar
11-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Only a complete idiot who knows nothing about the market, isn't up in today's market. I guess if you put your money in the market a couple days ago, instead of March 2009, then you deserve to make a fool of yourself on Internet Forums. :)

Calypso Jones
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Still waiting on that link, blaminz.

the famous missing link.

GrassrootsConservative
11-08-2012, 08:18 PM
the famous missing link.

This is what's wrong with the left. This is why half the country voted for them.
They're frauds, and this poor fuckin excuse for a mod is the perfect example.

Unfounded claims, claims that have NO BASIS becomes the mantra of the left, and it wins. Truthmatters, Cigar, Blaminz, Carygrant, they all post a bunch of bullshit with no links or anything valuable. I have links to every claim I make, I don't make claims that are bullshit. Obama is running up the debt. Obama's Birth Certificate WAS photoshopped. Obamacare WILL run up your taxes if you're the middle class.

The left is full of bullshit stacked upon bullshit, 6ft high until it kind of resembles a person. They're not people though. They're Chicago-style political tactics have no place in America and I can sniff out the Liberal bullshit lies from miles away.

The left needs to be exposed for the fraudulent fucksticks they are.
We all just need to pitch in and do it, before Obama really does cast down America's missile defenses and we are all destroyed by the Russians.

Link for this claim? How about a video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

Obama needs to be stopped, before all of America is stopped.

Trinnity
11-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I got out years ago. Made some money and left. I wouldn't invest right now or anytime soon.Me too. We put everything in being debt free. Only the house payment and that will be paid off in about 10 years/maybe less. Debt free is just where I want to be.

Conley
11-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi, I'm Bronco Bamma your friendly neighborhood President. I told you I'd turn things around. Nothing is working.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/broncobammaday2.JPGThere, do you feel better now?

i won.

Uh, guys...

DJIA on Obama's first day in office: 7,949

DJIA today: 12,811

Just sayin :grin:

Don't count me as one who thinks the POTUS runs the stock market, but this argument is kind of silly. Besides, anyone paying attention should know Obama is buddy buddy with Wall St.

roadmaster
11-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Me too. We put everything in being debt free. Only the house payment and that will be paid off in about 10 years/maybe less. Debt free is just where I want to be.

Yes, all cars are paid for and one house, the other 3 more years. No, credit card debt. Be glad when I am debt free.

roadmaster
11-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Uh, guys...

DJIA on Obama's first day in office: 7,949

DJIA today: 12,811

Just sayin :grin:

Don't count me as one who thinks the POTUS runs the stock market, but this argument is kind of silly. Besides, anyone paying attention should know Obama is buddy buddy with Wall St.

You can't play with it but for a little while. When investors get nervous they will sell. Insurance people are going to hit it big with Obama, in fact they are going to profit, watch.

Mainecoons
11-09-2012, 07:41 AM
The market was pumped up by all the Bush and Obama money printing. Period. Look at the companies. Are they investing and growing or are they cutting costs and jobs to temporarily get more profit on the bottom line. Are more Americans working or are fewer after you deduct the millions who have given up looking? Are most of the alleged new jobs created under Obama full time with decent pay and benefits or are most part time that pay squat and have few benefits?

Is America growing or declining? Obviously the latter and creating a stock market bubble with funny money isn't going to change that any more than the real estate bubble that was created with a different version of the same funny money did.

truthmatters
11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
they will fight Americans recovery from the Mess their party made of the economy right up until they cant win an election for dog catcher