PDA

View Full Version : Democrats refuse to temper the rhetoric

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 10:48 AM
In the immediate aftermath of the recent shooting in Washington DC. Politicians on both sides called for a toning down the hateful rhetoric. They said that it contributes to the violence.

I predicted at that time that Democrats would not temper their rhetoric. Looks like I was right.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/23/clinton-calls-republicans-death-party/103150428/

http://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-republican-healthcare-bill-2017-6

resister
06-25-2017, 11:27 AM
After a brief moment of silence, back to business as usual.

The ones who don't engage in it, will continue to not do so.

The ones that do, will continue to do so.

Crepitus
06-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Because one nut bar flies off the handle I have to watch what I say?

I don't think so.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 11:38 AM

I don't think so.

People like you are the problem.

Crepitus
06-25-2017, 11:58 AM

Did anyone ever tone down their speech during the 8 years of the Obama administration?

No, they didn't.

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 12:14 PM

So are people like you.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 12:16 PM
So are people like you.

You have a rather annoying habit of talking when you have nothing to say.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Did anyone ever tone down their speech during the 8 years of the Obama administration?

No, they didn't.

You were the kind of kid who blamed everything on your brother, weren't you?

"... but, but Johnny did it FIRST!"

That is really pretty pathetic.

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 12:18 PM
I could say the same for you.

But I'll humor you. Please explain how talking about forcibly removing entire states from the Union just because they are ideologically different from you is an example of civil rhetoric that doesn't contribute to the current crisis of uncivility.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 12:22 PM

You could, but it wouldn't be true.

But I'll humor you. Please explain how talking about forcibly removing entire states from the Union just because they are ideologically different from you is an example of civil rhetoric that doesn't contribute to the current crisis of uncivility.

There are a lot of good reasons to expel California from the union.

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 12:26 PM
You could, but it wouldn't be true.

There are a lot of good reasons to expel California from the union.
I'm sure Californians disagree, particularly the millions of conservatives that live there.

Hoosier8
06-25-2017, 12:30 PM

I don't think so.

And another arrested. There is such a thing as class and tact but that is apparently missing in the hysterical irrational TDS sufferers.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 12:32 PM
I'm sure Californians disagree, particularly the millions of conservatives that live there.

Really? There are a lot of Californians who want to split the state into multiple states, just to get away from the loons who dominate there.

jet57
06-25-2017, 01:10 PM
In the immediate aftermath of the recent shooting in Washington DC. Politicians on both sides called for a toning down the hateful rhetoric. They said that it contributes to the violence.

I predicted at that time that Democrats would not temper their rhetoric. Looks like I was right.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/23/clinton-calls-republicans-death-party/103150428/

Gee, is that anything like "Death Panels"?

Crepitus
06-25-2017, 01:17 PM
You were the kind of kid who blamed everything on your brother, weren't you?

"... but, but Johnny did it FIRST!"

That is really pretty pathetic.

Lol, can't address the point so attack the poster.

And you have the gall to call me childish. You are one of the biggest whiners here, you never post anything useful, and are generally useless to the forum. Why do you bother?

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 01:31 PM

I don't think so.

No, they didn't.

Gee, is that anything like "Death Panels"?

Lol, can't address the point so attack the poster.

And you have the gall to call me childish. You are one of the biggest whiners here, you never post anything useful, and are generally useless to the forum. Why do you bother?

And the liberal types justify it.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 01:33 PM

Do you have any any views on the actual subject of the thread which you could share with everyone here?

Crepitus
06-25-2017, 01:34 PM
And the liberal types justify it.

Who's justifying anything?

You need to stop making shit up.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 01:39 PM
After a brief moment of silence, back to business as usual.

The ones who don't engage in it, will continue to not do so.

The ones that do, will continue to do so.

The ones who don't engage in it also don't have the ability to convince the others to tame their rhetoric. That's because the vitriol is coming from the leadership of the party.

decedent
06-25-2017, 01:39 PM
While we've been waiting for Trump to publicly condemn Rep. Al Baldasaro's comments about shooting Hillary, Trump invited him to the White House on Friday.

Filed under "What Obama wouldn't do".

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Who's justifying anything?

You need to stop making $#@! up.

you justify it by claiming it's a response to the previous eight years where Obama policies were opposed based on substance.

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Really? There are a lot of Californians who want to split the state into multiple states, just to get away from the loons who dominate there.

There's a difference between splitting the state into multiple U.S. states and splitting off from the U.S.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Which isn't relative to the subject here.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 02:09 PM
There's a difference between splitting the state into multiple U.S. states and splitting off from the U.S.

It is all part of the process. Expel California, let it break up (it would), then readmit the newly formed entities who believe in American ideals back into the union.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 02:10 PM
The Democrats won't tone down the rhetoric. It is the only way they can keep the ignorant unwashed fired up. Just look at the forum here. There are some great examples.

stjames1_53
06-25-2017, 02:21 PM

You're speaking of CA? thought they wanted to go. I already gave it my blessing.....so no one is forcing them to leave.

stjames1_53
06-25-2017, 02:22 PM

all or nothing..can't have it both ways

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 02:35 PM
It would be nice if you guys stuck to the subject of the thread.

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 02:42 PM
It is all part of the process. Expel California, let it break up (it would), then readmit the newly formed entities who believe in American ideals back into the union.
That will never happen. Back to my question. How is forcibly expelling a state of 40 million Americans contributing to a culture of civility?

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 02:43 PM
You're speaking of CA? thought they wanted to go. I already gave it my blessing.....so no one is forcing them to leave.

"They" are made up of 40 million people that have as many varied opinions as this forum.

stjames1_53
06-25-2017, 02:51 PM
"They" are made up of 40 million people that have as many varied opinions as this forum.
be that as it may, they can leave anytime they want. Don't want to leave the union? Better take it up with your fellow residents.
No one is forcing anyone to leave.

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 02:51 PM
be that as it may, they can leave anytime they want. Don't want to leave the union? Better take it up with your fellow residents.
No one is forcing anyone to leave.

That's exactly what Cletus was talking about. Pay attention.

Crepitus
06-25-2017, 03:24 PM
you justify it by claiming it's a response to the previous eight years where Obama policies were opposed based on substance.

It's a response to Trump's various faults, like stupidity, veneality, and racism. I refuse to temper it because republicans did not for 8 solid years.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 03:52 PM
It's a response to Trump's various faults, like stupidity, veneality, and racism. I refuse to temper it because republicans did not for 8 solid years.

The right, conservative and even some Republicans did oppose Obama's policy ideas, but they did so in the substance of those policies. They didn't ever claim that Obama policies or those of the Democrats were aimed at starving children or throwing old folks over a cliff and out in the streets to die and destroy all life on earth.

Someone did develop the term "death panels", but that was actually shown to be an accurate description of how unelected bureaucrats In something called the The Independent Advisory Payment Board (IAPB) would determine who receives certain costly health care procedures and who doesn't. Obama himself once defended that this by saying that it might be better to medicate Grandma and let her "die with dignity" vs allow her an expensive health care procedure which will only prolong her life for a couple of years.

How would you describe a board of non elected bean counters who decide who receives life saving care and who doesn't?

Cletus
06-25-2017, 04:56 PM
That will never happen. Back to my question. How is forcibly expelling a state of 40 million Americans contributing to a culture of civility?

California has CHOSEN to distance itself from the rest of the US. A great many of our social problems originate and California and then infect the rest of the country.

It needs to go away or change.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 05:01 PM
You guys refuse to let this thread stay on topic.

Starman
06-25-2017, 05:06 PM

That is one unalterable characteristic of Leftists.

Cletus
06-25-2017, 05:48 PM
You guys refuse to let this thread stay on topic.

Threads often meander. They roam off, they come back. Somebody says something that spurs an interest and it gets discussed for a while, then it gets back to the main topic or it bounces to a new one.

It depends on what is most interesting at the time. Right now, the only person who wants to engage you on the topic of the Leftist rhetoric is Crepitus and you can't really have a discussion with him because it is like talking to a cinder block. Nothing you say, no matter how valid or well documented is going to get through to him. He is just going to repeat the same tired bullshit over and over and over again.

Agent Zero
06-25-2017, 05:49 PM

You might have a point except they're absolutely right.

Agent Zero
06-25-2017, 05:49 PM
You might also look up what "hateful rhetoric" means.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Threads often meander. They roam off, they come back. Somebody says something that spurs an interest and it gets discussed for a while, then it gets back to the main topic or it bounces to a new one.

It depends on what is most interesting at the time. Right now, the only person who wants to engage you on the topic of the Leftist rhetoric is Crepitus and you can't really have a discussion with him because it is like talking to a cinder block. Nothing you say, no matter how valid or well documented is going to get through to him. He is just going to repeat the same tired bull$#@! over and over and over again.

This one didn't roam. It went off drastically and suddenly. Start a thread about the idiocy in California.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 05:56 PM

So you believe Democrats are right when they say the goal of the Republicans is to destroy the earth. Starve all children. Poison the air and water and kill all elderly people?

Agent Zero
06-25-2017, 05:57 PM
So you believe Democrats are right when they say the goal of the Republicans is to destroy the earth. Starve all children. Poison the air and water and kill all elderly people?

They didn't say that, did they?

Now who's exaggerating, Mr. Hate Speech?

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 05:58 PM
California has CHOSEN to distance itself from the rest of the US. A great many of our social problems originate and California and then infect the rest of the country.

It needs to go away or change.

Change to what, a dutiful servant marching in lockstep with the great blob?

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 06:00 PM

Then explain what you meant when you posted this comment......

stjames1_53
06-25-2017, 06:42 PM
your many complaints have just come full circle. You started out many months ago about Trump's racism and you finally caught your tail....
What racism?

stjames1_53
06-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Change to what, a dutiful servant marching in lockstep with the great blob?
hell, nooooooo.............they can leave the Union. They cut us off, we cut them off of everything. Water, disaster relief, military, federally funded programs like food stamps and national medical. LEO grants are another source that you guys have under control, right?
Your food sources are of no concern, you'll be turning that lovely countryside into apartment complexes for the lower income groups. All the illegals are welcomed there.
The CA boondoggle of single payer system is flipping around on the ground like a dying sparrow..................400 billion.......taxes are going to go way up for you guys,

resister
06-25-2017, 07:11 PM

Watch Maxine or Pelosi or Hillary much? Guess not....:rollseyes:

Crepitus
06-25-2017, 07:12 PM
your many complaints have just come full circle. You started out many months ago about Trump's racism and you finally caught your tail....
What racism?

Yeah yeah, I know, "what racism".

You guys are so firmly in denial you forgive him for shooting yourange dog and be thinking up excuses for him before the body was cold.

resister
06-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Then explain what you meant when you posted this comment......
Hey, where did A Z go ?

Green Arrow
06-25-2017, 07:46 PM
hell, nooooooo.............they can leave the Union. They cut us off, we cut them off of everything. Water, disaster relief, military, federally funded programs like food stamps and national medical. LEO grants are another source that you guys have under control, right?
Your food sources are of no concern, you'll be turning that lovely countryside into apartment complexes for the lower income groups. All the illegals are welcomed there.
The CA boondoggle of single payer system is flipping around on the ground like a dying sparrow..................400 billion.......taxes are going to go way up for you guys,

I don't know how many times I need to say it for it to sink in...I'm not a Californian. I'm a Tennessean living in Louisiana.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 08:39 PM
Hey, where did A Z go ?
He decided to not support his comment.

Tahuyaman
06-25-2017, 08:57 PM
I don't know how many times I need to say it for it to sink in...I'm not a Californian. I'm a Tennessean living in Louisiana.
How many times do I need to ask you to take your off topic crap somewhere else?

Dr. Who
06-25-2017, 11:34 PM

While I don't think that the rhetoric is helpful, it isn't unexpected. The rhetoric by the Republicans and Tea Partyists during the last regime was also pretty unrelenting - the only difference is that it didn't have the majority support of the MSM. If we decide to run politics like a reality TV show, this is what we get. It's time to get back to dignity and respect. It's time to put the welfare of the nation above petty disputes and the ego of politicians and party politics.

resister
06-25-2017, 11:45 PM
While I don't think that the rhetoric is helpful, it isn't unexpected. The rhetoric by the Republicans and Tea Partyists during the last regime was also pretty unrelenting - the only difference is that it didn't have the majority support of the MSM. If we decide to run politics like a reality TV show, this is what we get. It's time to get back to dignity and respect. It's time to put the welfare of the nation above petty disputes and the ego of politicians and party politics.

How do we start?

Dr. Who
06-25-2017, 11:57 PM
How do we start?
We can start by not portraying the other side as the devil and pretending like all of America has polarized opinion.

resister
06-26-2017, 12:00 AM
We can start by not portraying the other side as the devil and pretending like all of America has polarized opinion.OK, we all start in 3-2-1

I do my part, I know you do also

Casper
06-26-2017, 12:12 AM

I don't think so.

We are All nut bars now, think not, just wait..................

Casper
06-26-2017, 12:19 AM
We can start by not portraying the other side as the devil and pretending like all of America has polarized opinion.
LOL, do you really think that is going to be the path that America will chose. Oh, I understand that we need to stop screaming at each other, never solves a thing, but who will stop first? In the past the screaming became mutterings at some point but today they do not die the noise gets louder. The Nation is in a crisis, far too few see it, we may not want what is to come, but unless we change in a fundamental way it will only get worse. Do You see it getting better or worse?

Casper
06-26-2017, 12:23 AM

I don't think so.
Looking at the posts up to this point I am trying to figure out who the nut bar is. Really, did you get your hand smacked and no one else saw it? Just trying to figure out where that came from.

resister
06-26-2017, 12:28 AM
LOL, do you really think that is going to be the path that America will chose. Oh, I understand that we need to stop screaming at each other, never solves a thing, but who will stop first? In the past the screaming became mutterings at some point but today they do not die the noise gets louder. The Nation is in a crisis, far too few see it, we may not want what is to come, but unless we change in a fundamental way it will only get worse. Do You see it getting better or worse? We all need to man up and take a part

stjames1_53
06-26-2017, 05:11 AM

you do not speak for me...........

Bethere
06-26-2017, 06:55 AM

The guy organizing Californian secession turned out to be a russian/gop plant and ESCAPED BACK TO RUSSIA.

it's a fact.

Crepitus
06-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Looking at the posts up to this point I am trying to figure out who the nut bar is. Really, did you get your hand smacked and no one else saw it? Just trying to figure out where that came from.

Not sure what your question is. My post is in response to the op.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 08:42 AM

The difference is that tea tea party people did not claim that the Democrats and Obama were trying to kill people and destroy the earth with their policies. They opposed specific policy ideas based on their substance and predictable past results.

It's clear that the rhetoric is not going to change because those who engage in that kind of thing believe they are justified.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 08:48 AM

We start by opposing policy ideas based on the substance and facts. Not their health care plan is "die quickly" or "they want to starve your children".

resister
06-26-2017, 08:51 AM
The guy organizing Californian secession turned out to be a russian/gop plant and ESCAPED BACK TO RUSSIA.

it's a fact.
Also a fact is that you posted no link and have ventured into black helicopter, tin foil hat land:pointlaugh:

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 04:42 PM
LOL, do you really think that is going to be the path that America will chose. Oh, I understand that we need to stop screaming at each other, never solves a thing, but who will stop first? In the past the screaming became mutterings at some point but today they do not die the noise gets louder. The Nation is in a crisis, far too few see it, we may not want what is to come, but unless we change in a fundamental way it will only get worse. Do You see it getting better or worse?
I honestly cannot say. Sometimes perception is everything. If the non-polarized people don't speak up and refute the rest to inject some rational debate, then the extreme elements will keep enlarging the gulf until it turns violent.

Cletus
06-26-2017, 04:47 PM
At some point, the Left will figure out they are defeated. When that happens, they will either accept it and tone down the rhetoric or escalate into violence.

Either way, they lose.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 04:51 PM
With this health care bill thing going on, the Democrats are reviving the death chants. They just can't help themselves. They aren't attracting any new support with this garbage. But, if that's their strategy..... So be it.

I've said for years that liberalism is a religion and their God is big government. When you criticize that, you are committing an act of blasphemy. Like some other religious extremists, they want to punish you when you cast their God in a bad light.

It's an unforgivable sin to oppose big government.

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 05:11 PM
We start by opposing policy ideas based on the substance and facts. Not their health care plan is "die quickly" or "they want to starve your children".

I agree, but that is also a two-way street. There is no paucity of rhetoric from the right either.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 05:17 PM
I agree, but that is also a two-way street. There is no paucity of rhetoric from the right either.

Tell me where the mainstream right uses rhetoric even close to what we hear from mainstream Democrats today?

We have leaders in the Democratic Party talking about how Republicans and conservatives actually want people to die a miserable death.

Ransom
06-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Dr. Who. We're not engaged in property destruction, calling on the President to be killed or impeached, we're not unglued as many on the Left have become.

From the moment this man was elected, he was considered illegitimate. Russian interference, Comey, recounts, investigation, every morning's CNN dialogue running along the bottom of the screen begins with "Trump." Every morning.

You have been fairly reasonable.....fairly......you believe this tit for tat is working for you? The anti-Trump theme working in your opinion?

Ransom
06-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Tell me where the mainstream right uses rhetoric even close to what we hear from mainstream Democrats today?

We have leaders in the Democratic Party talking about how Republicans and conservatives actually want people to die a miserable death.
Exactly. His defense is untenable here.

Agent Zero
06-26-2017, 06:02 PM

No. We really don't.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 06:08 PM
No. We really don't.

It will continue until you stop ignoring it.

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 06:46 PM

Let's start in 1992 - Pat Buchanan:

“My friends . . . there is a religious war going on in our country for the soul of America. It is a cultural war, as critical to the kind of nation we will one day be as was the cold war itself.”

Fast forward to 2012:

Leader John Boehner said, “I wonder if [the Democrats] are more interested in protecting the terrorists than protecting the American people.”

Newt Gingrich accuses President Obama of having a "Kenyan anti-Colonial mindset," and refers to "Obama's secular socialist machine."

Rick Santorum suggested that Obama wants to impose a "phony theology" on America... comparing GOP primary voters to "members of the greatest members of the "greatest generation" called to act against the rise of Nazi Germany"

Katheryn Sarka : "Obama doesn't understand America. He follows George Soros. Obama is against our Constitution and our democracy"

Mitt Romney: "President Obama demonizes and denigrates almost every sector of our economy."

Mike Coffman, a congressman running for re-election in the Sixth Congressional District of Colorado addressed a Republican fund-raising event in Elbert County. Coffman stated that he did not know where President Barack Obama was born. Coffman went on to say of Obama that "in his heart, he's not an American. He's just not an American."

I'm sure we all remember the endless birtherism rhetoric.

Rep Allen West: https://thinkprogress.org/rep-allen-wests-15-most-outrageous-statements-5eab1b70d7f4

I could keep on posting remarks that have been made in the last 8 years, but you get the gist. Neither side are without sin.

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Dr. Who. We're not engaged in property destruction, calling on the President to be killed or impeached, we're not unglued as many on the Left have become.

From the moment this man was elected, he was considered illegitimate. Russian interference, Comey, recounts, investigation, every morning's CNN dialogue running along the bottom of the screen begins with "Trump." Every morning.

You have been fairly reasonable.....fairly......you believe this tit for tat is working for you? The anti-Trump theme working in your opinion?

From the moment Obama was elected he was considered illegitimate - see birtherism. The press was equally consumed with reporting the accusations and speculation, for years. The only difference is that Obama didn't contribute to the conspiracy theory by tweeting every five minutes and contradicting himself or his spokespersons.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Let's start in 1992 - Pat Buchanan:

“My friends . . . there is a religious war going on in our country for the soul of America. It is a cultural war, as critical to the kind of nation we will one day be as was the cold war itself.”

Fast forward to 2012:

Leader John Boehner said, “I wonder if [the Democrats] are more interested in protecting the terrorists than protecting the American people.”

Newt Gingrich accuses President Obama of having a "Kenyan anti-Colonial mindset," and refers to "Obama's secular socialist machine."

Rick Santorum suggested that Obama wants to impose a "phony theology" on America... comparing GOP primary voters to "members of the greatest members of the "greatest generation" called to act against the rise of Nazi Germany"

Katheryn Sarka : "Obama doesn't understand America. He follows George Soros. Obama is against our Constitution and our democracy"

Mitt Romney: "President Obama demonizes and denigrates almost every sector of our economy."

Mike Coffman, a congressman running for re-election in the Sixth Congressional District of Colorado addressed a Republican fund-raising event in Elbert County. Coffman stated that he did not know where President Barack Obama was born. Coffman went on to say of Obama that "in his heart, he's not an American. He's just not an American."

I'm sure we all remember the endless birtherism rhetoric.

Rep Allen West: https://thinkprogress.org/rep-allen-wests-15-most-outrageous-statements-5eab1b70d7f4

I could keep on posting remarks that have been made in the last 8 years, but you get the gist. Neither side are without sin.

I'll give you a mulligan.....
Show me where prominent or elected Republicans claimed that it was the goal of Democats to starve children, kill the elderly and destroy the earth. Show me where a mainstream Republican leader, one who was a presidential nominee, referred to the Democrat party as " the party of death"?

Can you do that? You haven't come close yet.

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 07:20 PM
I'll give you a mulligan.....
Show me where prominent or elected Republicans claimed that it was the goal of Democats to starve children, kill the elderly and destroy the earth. Show me where a mainstream Republican leader, one who was a presidential nominee, referred to the Democrat party as " the party of death"?

Can you do that? You haven't come close yet.
Really, comparing the Democrats to Nazis isn't enough or suggesting that they want to protect terrorists? Isn't there enough party of death implicit in those statements? Let's not forget that the Dems have been accused repeatedly of being the party of death over the abortion issue by the religious wing of the Rep party for being pro-choice.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 07:36 PM
Really, comparing the Democrats to Nazis isn't enough or suggesting that they want to protect terrorists? Isn't there enough party of death implicit in those statements? Let's not forget that the Dems have been accused repeatedly of being the party of death over the abortion issue by the religious wing of the Rep party for being pro-choice.

The fact is, Democrats do stand for those things. They are mainstream positions of your party.

Are you willing to admit that you can't find any examples of Republucans claiming that it's the goal of Democratscto kill everyone and destroy the earth?

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 08:09 PM
The fact is, Democrats do stand for those things. They are mainstream positions of your party.

Are you willing to admit that you can't find any examples of Republucans claiming that it's the goal of Democratscto kill everyone and destroy the earth?

I expect that you are avoiding the context of those statements which undoubtedly refer to a lack of confidence in Trump rather than a statement about Republicans in general. I have yet to hear anyone suggest that Republicans in general want to destroy the earth or kill everyone.

resister
06-26-2017, 08:22 PM
I expect that you are avoiding the context of those statements which undoubtedly refer to a lack of confidence in Trump rather than a statement about Republicans in general. I have yet to hear anyone suggest that Republicans in general want to destroy the earth or kill everyone.You should listen to your party leaders describe the republican health care plan.

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 08:34 PM
You should listen to your party leaders describe the republican health care plan.
I'm not a Democrat. The Rep health care plan can't destroy the earth or kill everyone.

resister
06-26-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm not a Democrat. The Rep health care plan can't destroy the earth or kill everyone.Not what Pelosi , Watters and Hillary say. They want old people to die in the streets and to poison the planet for future generations...etc. Every one has heard the rhetoric.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm not a Democrat. The Rep health care plan can't destroy the earth or kill everyone.
Then why do Democrats persist in saying that this plan will result in people dying?

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 08:44 PM
You should listen to your party leaders describe the republican health care plan.

They claim death and destruction will be the result of any and every bill proposed by Republicans. They can't stop themselves.

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Then why do Democrats persist in saying that this plan will result in people dying?

I believe that they are suggesting that people will fall through the cracks and end up without any form of healthcare, not qualifying for Medicare or being able to afford insurance. It has happened before and it's not the people on welfare that end up without any health care, it's the working poor and lower middle class who have to choose between meeting their financial obligations and having health care. Perhaps a father of three needs blood pressure meds but without insurance he can't pay for them and fix his kid's teeth, so he does without. Someone else does without insulin and another does without heart medication or they don't seek medical attention when it is obvious that they need medical care. There can be rather fatal consequences to doing without health care which often transfers families that are taking care of themselves to the public purse for support. Perhaps but for a few hundred dollars in medication a whole family ends up on welfare because the remaining spouse doesn't earn enough to support the remaining family. Then there is the ubiquitous story of the family that had to sell everything that they own to pay for a catastrophic illness or absent sufficient assets are left with a lifetime of medical debt. If one wants to be emotionally rhetorical, that could translate to accusations of wishing death on people. It's rather extreme, but it's not like that might not happen in families who end up in that grey zone that only looks at annual gross income and not the realities of a family's net income and ability to afford insurance.

resister
06-26-2017, 09:29 PM
I'm not a Democrat. The Rep health care plan can't destroy the earth or kill everyone.No one said you were, at least you acknowledge what party says that rhetoric.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 09:38 PM
I believe that they are suggesting that people will fall through the cracks and end up without any form of healthcare, not qualifying for Medicare or being able to afford insurance. It has happened before and it's not the people on welfare that end up without any health care, it's the working poor and lower middle class who have to choose between meeting their financial obligations and having health care. Perhaps a father of three needs blood pressure meds but without insurance he can't pay for them and fix his kid's teeth, so he does without. Someone else does without insulin and another does without heart medication or they don't seek medical attention when it is obvious that they need medical care. There can be rather fatal consequences to doing without health care which often transfers families that are taking care of themselves to the public purse for support. Perhaps but for a few hundred dollars in medication a whole family ends up on welfare because the remaining spouse doesn't earn enough to support the remaining family. Then there is the ubiquitous story of the family that had to sell everything that they own to pay for a catastrophic illness or absent sufficient assets are left with a lifetime of medical debt. If one wants to be emotionally rhetorical, that could translate to accusations of wishing death on people. It's rather extreme, but it's not like that might not happen in families who end up in that grey zone that only looks at annual gross income and not the realities of a family's net income and ability to afford insurance.

No. They are claiming that the Republican Party stands for death. Period.

The inability of the average liberal to condemn the violent and hyperbolic rhetoric spewed by leaders of the Democrat party ensures that it will not end any time soon.

Dr. Who
06-26-2017, 09:51 PM
No. They are claiming that the Republican Party stands for death. Period.

The inability of the average liberal to condemn the violent and hyperbolic rhetoric spewed by leaders of the Democrat party ensures that it will not end any time soon.
Dialing down the hyperbole to reality has to start somewhere. If we cannot even speak rationally about it on this forum and recognize that rhetoric is a political tool but not always useful, what hope is there? As I said before, no side is without sin. However, what is more important - believing that you are right or finding a compromise that everyone can live with?

Tahuyaman
06-26-2017, 09:53 PM
The left refuses to take responsibility for their own violent words. It's not their fault.

stjames1_53
06-27-2017, 06:38 AM
Dialing down the hyperbole to reality has to start somewhere. If we cannot even speak rationally about it on this forum and recognize that rhetoric is a political tool but not always useful, what hope is there? As I said before, no side is without sin. However, what is more important - believing that you are right or finding a compromise that everyone can live with?

......there is no compromise with the Collective...join or die

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 07:39 AM
The left refuses to take responsibility for their own violent words. It's not their fault.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-K15ihuL-zWg/T9aRjJHXgrI/AAAAAAAAK3Q/5wolpgYH1ZA/s1600/o-OBAMA-EFFIGY-HUNG-570.jpg

Do you take responsibility for this?

resister
06-27-2017, 08:07 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-K15ihuL-zWg/T9aRjJHXgrI/AAAAAAAAK3Q/5wolpgYH1ZA/s1600/o-OBAMA-EFFIGY-HUNG-570.jpg

Funny, I don't see tahuyaman in that picture, how about the idot that staged it take that responsibility. Do you take responsibility for Kathy Griffin?

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Funny, I don't see tahuyaman in that picture, how about the idot that staged it take that responsibility. Do you take responsibility for Kathy Griffin?

You don't get my point, but you inadvertently illustrated it. Yes "the idot that staged it take that responsibility" is the point. Tahu is no more responsible for that effigy of Obama than I am of anyone else's violent rhetoric. Including Griffin.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 08:18 AM

Was that committed by an elected mainstream Congressman or US Senator representing the conservative view? The venom of the left is the predominate mainstream position in that camp.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 08:21 AM

You won't find anyone mainstream conservative type defending that. Presenting that as a representation of the conservative view is as dishonest as one can get, but dishonesty is also a mainstream position of liberalism.

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 05:22 PM
You won't find anyone mainstream conservative type defending that. Presenting that as a representation of the conservative view is as dishonest as one can get, but dishonesty is also a mainstream position of liberalism.

Yeah, well you wont find any mainstream liberals defending Griffin. Did you see the backlash?

Weird though that I did find Republicans who sort of support that image I posted...

GOP Candidate Calls for Obama to Be Hanged; Quotes Jesus in Defense

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-candidate-calls-for-obama-to-be-hanged-quotes-jesus-in-defense/

GOP lawmaker regrets calling for Clinton to be hanged

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/16/politics/hillary-clinton-republican-delegate-hung/index.html
Ted Nugent Wants to Elect Trump and Kill Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama

http://www.thedailybeast.com/ted-nugent-wants-to-elect-trump-and-kill-hillary-clinton-barack-obama

W.V. Republican Legislator Calls For Hillary Clinton’s Public Execution

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/17/surprise-w-v-republican-legislator-calls-hillary-clintons-public-execution.html

N.H. lawmaker won’t apologize after calling for Clinton’s execution

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/07/23/n-h-lawmaker-criticized-for-remark-about-clinton/

Trump advisor repeats call for Hillary Clinton to be 'shot in a firing squad for treason'

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-trump-advisor-clarifies-calls-for-1471378277-htmlstory.html

I could go on...

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 05:23 PM

A lie like you doing the exact same thing? You paint all liberals with the same brush then call others liars for doing the same thing. Talk about willful ignorance.

stjames1_53
06-27-2017, 05:29 PM
A lie like you doing the exact same thing? You paint all liberals with the same brush then call others liars for doing the same thing. Talk about willful ignorance.

y'all swing a pretty wide loop yourselves when you talk about anyone even remotely resembles a conservative

stjames1_53
06-27-2017, 05:37 PM

In truth I find this totally distasteful. It is not art. These people do not speak for me.
This guy and Kathy Griffin share one thing in common, they both have Free Speech to hide behind. I don't think this guy, however, appeared on to national news and accuse Obama of personally harassing him or accusing him of ruining his career after issuing such a heartfelt apology...........WITH his attorney at a news briefing
I wished Obama no ill-will while in office, but I didn't have to like it. I had to shut up and sit down after he won.
So, I offer this bit of advice, say no more. You cannot change things here, from there.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 05:38 PM

You can justify and excuse the standard and consistent violent rhetoric of the left all you want. It's turning off most people between Los Angeles and New York.

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 05:41 PM
You can justify and excuse the standard and consistent violent rhetoric of the left all you want. It's turning off most people between Los Angeles and New York.

The real Americans, right?

While I agree there is unacceptable violent rhetoric coming from the left and I denounce it, I'm amazed at your inability to recognize it amongst your own. It smacks of hypocrisy.

The difference between you and I is that I wont blame you for words or actions of some on the right. You on the other hand condemn all liberals for the words and deeds of a tiny few. If you were judged by your own standards, you probably wouldn't like the results.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 05:42 PM
Yeah, well you wont find any mainstream liberals defending Griffin. Did you see the backlash?

Weird though that I did find Republicans who sort of support that image I posted...

GOP Candidate Calls for Obama to Be Hanged; Quotes Jesus in Defense

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-candidate-calls-for-obama-to-be-hanged-quotes-jesus-in-defense/

GOP lawmaker regrets calling for Clinton to be hanged

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/16/politics/hillary-clinton-republican-delegate-hung/index.html
Ted Nugent Wants to Elect Trump and Kill Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama

http://www.thedailybeast.com/ted-nugent-wants-to-elect-trump-and-kill-hillary-clinton-barack-obama

W.V. Republican Legislator Calls For Hillary Clinton’s Public Execution

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/17/surprise-w-v-republican-legislator-calls-hillary-clintons-public-execution.html

N.H. lawmaker won’t apologize after calling for Clinton’s execution

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/07/23/n-h-lawmaker-criticized-for-remark-about-clinton/

Trump advisor repeats call for Hillary Clinton to be 'shot in a firing squad for treason'

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-trump-advisor-clarifies-calls-for-1471378277-htmlstory.html

I could go on...

Now show me where any prominent conservative or GOP leader supports that kind of rhetoric. The leaders of Democrat party employ that stuff on a daily basis. It's their go to position.

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 05:44 PM
In truth I find this totally distasteful. It is not art. These people do not speak for me.
This guy and Kathy Griffin share one thing in common, they both have Free Speech to hide behind. I don't think this guy, however, appeared on to national news and accuse Obama of personally harassing him or accusing him of ruining his career after issuing such a heartfelt apology...........WITH his attorney at a news briefing
I wished Obama no ill-will while in office, but I didn't have to like it. I had to shut up and sit down after he won.
So, I offer this bit of advice, say no more. You cannot change things here, from there.
Yeah, you just sat down and shut up. No ill will....good one.

Do you think it's fair to judge all on the right for the actions of the guy in the photo or the select group of GOP members who called for Obama and Hillary's execution?

Do you think it's acceptable? How about when it's done to liberals?

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Now show me where any prominent conservative or GOP leader supports that kind of rhetoric. The leaders of Democrat party employ that stuff on a daily basis. It's their go to position.

Show me where leaders of the Democrat Party have called for Trump's execution. Just one.

Tahuyaman
Liberals are gutless. They stand for nothing. They have no standards.

Common Sense
y'all swing a pretty wide loop yourselves when you talk about anyone even remotely resembles a conservative
Example? Y'all? Or me? No one but me speaks for me.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 05:46 PM
Show me where leaders of the Democrat Party have called for Trump's execution. Just one.

Heavy sigh...... You are just "all in" with the current left wing hysteria. I always suspected that.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 05:48 PM
It is absolutely clear that modern day liberals do not have the ability to be civil. It's impossible.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 05:52 PM
@Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) mentioned Ted Nugent. I'll see his Ted Nugent and raise him a Johnny Depp, Kathy Griffin, Madonna and a Bill Mahr.

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 05:53 PM
It is absolutely clear that modern day liberals do not have the ability to be civil. It's impossible.

How am I not being civil? Pointing out your hypocrisy is uncivil?

Why don't you save some of that ire for posts like this?

I can't wait for the civil war to begin. Luckily, it will be crazy leftists who start it, like that guy who shot all those Republican politicians.

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 06:10 PM
Heavy sigh...... You are just "all in" with the current left wing hysteria. I always suspected that.
So you can't show even one? That's what I thought.

stjames1_53
06-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Yeah, you just sat down and shut up. No ill will....good one.

Do you think it's fair to judge all on the right for the actions of the guy in the photo or the select group of GOP members who called for Obama and Hillary's execution?

Do you think it's acceptable? How about when it's done to liberals?

you have my answer.

stjames1_53
06-27-2017, 06:37 PM
How am I not being civil? Pointing out your hypocrisy is uncivil?

Why don't you save some of that ire for posts like this?

it is your side of the fence that is pushing for war between either Russia and the US or a civil war. Either one would be very bad for you. Do you actually believe that we'll back down from you, the aggressor? Not hardly

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 06:40 PM
it is your side of the fence that is pushing for war between either russia and the us or a civil war. Either one would be very bad for you. Do you actually believe that we'll back down from you, the aggressor? Not hardly

lol...

stjames1_53
06-27-2017, 06:41 PM
lol...

the usual nod of agreement from a liberal............

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 06:42 PM
the usual nod of agreement from a liberal............

I found your post laughable...so I laughed.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 07:05 PM
So you can't show even one? That's what I thought.

You have leaders of the Democrat party publiclly saying that the Republican's goal is to have millions of people to die. How do you defend that?

Common Sense
06-27-2017, 07:06 PM
You have leaders of the Democrat party publiclly saying that the Republican's goal is to have millions of people to die. How do you defend that?
Nice dodge.

stjames1_53
06-27-2017, 07:06 PM
I found your post laughable...so I laughed.
actually justifying it is a sign of weakness

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Another prominent Hollywood liberal just came out and said that the left needs to be in an "all out war" against Republicans and Trump.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 07:10 PM

Nice dodge.

It was the subject of the thread. You tried to create a diversion and I won't let you.

Tahuyaman
06-27-2017, 08:04 PM

Nice dodge.

You can't defend it and you refuse to condemn it on its face, so you excuse it by claiming it's a justifiable response. As long as you represent the majority of liberal thought, nothing will change.

Casper
06-27-2017, 09:30 PM
you do not speak for me...........
Did I say that I was?

Casper
06-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Not sure what your question is. My post is in response to the op.
I must have missed something in the translation, I assume that was my bad, still could not find it, eh.

spunkloaf
06-27-2017, 09:34 PM
So? Republicans refuse to stop being dumb f@cks. Which is worse?

Casper
06-27-2017, 09:34 PM
I honestly cannot say. Sometimes perception is everything. If the non-polarized people don't speak up and refute the rest to inject some rational debate, then the extreme elements will keep enlarging the gulf until it turns violent.

Sounds great, oh Too Late. I wish it were otherwise.

Dr. Who
06-27-2017, 09:50 PM
Sounds great, oh Too Late. I wish it were otherwise.

Sadly yes. There is a train racing toward a precipice and no one at the helm.

Bear
06-27-2017, 09:50 PM
I think he was trying to point out your hypocrisy - just sayin'

stjames1_53
06-28-2017, 06:31 AM
Did I say that I was?
Originally Posted by Casper http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2067125#post2067125)

you did include me when you said all.
Take a walk, hater