PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: CIA Director David Patraeus Resigns

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 03:05 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230697/BREAKING-NEWS-David-Petraeus-resigns-head-CIA-admitting-to.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I want some answers, I think we all do.

1) Why is he resigning?
2) Does this have anything to do with Libya?

I hope they give us these answers.

wazi99
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
David Petraeus today resigned as director of the CIA after admitting an extra-marital affair.

The former general had been one of the most respected figures in the military and intelligence establishment, but has stepped down to deal with the 'personal and professional issues' surrounding his relationship with a woman who is not his wife.

He had been sworn in as head of the CIA in September 2011.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230697/BREAKING-NEWS-David-Petraeus-resigns-head-CIA-admitting-to.html#ixzz2Bl3atBWc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

KC
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I hope so too. I don't think they will though, especially if the reason has anything to do with Libya.

wazi99
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone find it funny that a week before he was to testify about what happened Libya he leaves the CIA...

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Man I just made this thread. :laugh:

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Anyone find it funny that a week before he was to testify about what happened Libya he leaves the CIA...

He can still testify.

KC
11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/09/164810122/cia-director-david-petraeus-resigns

The director of the Central Intelligence Agency David Petraeus submitted his resignation today, citing an extramarital affair.
"After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair," Petraeus said in a message sent to CIA staff. "Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation."

exotix
11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Why would it have anything to do with Libya ?

Petraeus will only be famous as a Bush neocon who wrote a counterinsurgency thesis based on our boys getting slaughtered in Iraq.

The Little Dictator
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope so too. I don't think they will though, especially if the reason has anything to do with Libya.

And the current word is that he won't be testifying before congress either.

LOL

It just gets odder and odder, don't it?

exotix
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Apparently it has to do with his extra-marital affair.

roadmaster
11-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Apparently it has to do with his extra-marital affair.

Are you getting into what he does in a bedroom? Should he be be-headed?

exotix
11-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Are you getting into what he does in a bedroom? Should he be be-headed?

Which is worse ... a general who violates military-code of conduct or a CIA Head who can be blackmailed for Lewinsky BJ's ?

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Which is worse ... a general who violates military-code of conduct or a CIA Head who can be blackmailed for Lewinsky BJ's ?

It's not an argument about "worse."
"Worse" is a distraction.
Why worry about which is "worse," they're both issues that need to be addressed?

Calypso Jones
11-09-2012, 04:47 PM

it really doesn't matter anymore.

roadmaster
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM

The one who lied under oath.

Calypso Jones
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Here's my theory and i'm sure I can use some other ideas seeing as i JUST found out about this...i've been unhooked from the world all afternoon. He was going to have to testify about what happened in Benghazi. The Obadministration told him they had the goods on him over and above the affair...did petrAEUS admit the affair or was that leaked? He resigns in a bit of disgrace but not what he would have? If he testifies, the rest will come out.

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Democrats need stronger zippers I guess.

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Here's my theory and i'm sure I can use some other ideas seeing as i JUST found out about this...i've been unhooked from the world all afternoon. He was going to have to testify about what happened in Benghazi. The Obadministration told him they had the goods on him over and above the affair...did petrAEUS admit the affair or was that leaked? He resigns in a bit of disgrace but not what he would have? If he testifies, the rest will come out.

Agreed. How many rats are going to leave the ship? Will he still be able to testify? What the Hell is going on in Washington?

Trinnity
11-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Man I just made this thread. :laugh:Combined. Both parties notified.

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Combined. Both parties notified.

What say you? Anything related to Libya or 100% the affair he says it is?

Trinnity
11-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Here's my theory and i'm sure I can use some other ideas seeing as i JUST found out about this...i've been unhooked from the world all afternoon. He was going to have to testify about what happened in Benghazi. The Obadministration told him they had the goods on him over and above the affair...did petrAEUS admit the affair or was that leaked? He resigns in a bit of disgrace but not what he would have? If he testifies, the rest will come out.The rumor is he was not liked at the CIA. I'll bet someone was talking shit about it on purpose, and he had to resign. It works that way........

The timing is very suspicious.

Trinnity
11-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Agreed. How many rats are going to leave the ship? Will he still be able to testify? What the Hell is going on in Washington?Holder is gettin' out while the gettin's good. Hillary is leaving too. There will be more. People get tired. People abandon ship before things get worse. There's all kinds of reasons. Michell can move to the palace in Hawaii if she wants. If she hates being first lady as much as we hear, she may be scarce for the next four years - just trot her our when needed.

wazi99
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
The rumor is he was not liked at the CIA. I'll bet someone was talking shit about it on purpose, and he had to resign. It works that way........

The timing is very suspicious.

I find that hard to believe my wife served under him at Fort Campbell and deployed in Iraq with him. I never heard anyone complain about him.

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 05:27 PM
What say you? Anything related to Libya or 100% the affair he says it is?

My money is on Libya with a smattering of professional leaks to force his hand. Just like the Alexrod thing with Gallup Polls...remember the threats. This river called Libya is much deeper than people realize. This is probably the one item that could bring about Impeachment. What we wait for is to see how big the generals balls are. Can he withstand the torrent he will receive.

exotix
11-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Just in is that the FBI is now investigating Betrayus.

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Just in is that the FBI is now investigating Betrayus.

Sure they are...it's the usual tactic. The White House demands an investigation and the FBI complies. The person being investigated is treated like the scum of the earth, then there is a secret meeting and all of a sudden he forgets everything that ever happened. This is the oldest trick in the political book. When Hoover was around it happened daily.

exotix
11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Sure they are...it's the usual tactic. The White House demands an investigation and the FBI complies. The person being investigated is treated like the scum of the earth, then there is a secret meeting and all of a sudden he forgets everything that ever happened. This is the oldest trick in the political book. When Hoover was around it happened daily.

Actually they're investigating his BJ queen Paula Broadwell for accessing his email ... lots more to say about this as breaking news ...

All In: The Education of General David Petraeus

http://www.paulabroadwell.com/

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IElsLkrJyo8/TyH8TZ1_KiI/AAAAAAAACO8/BUoY-KmpyS4/s1600/paula_broadwell.jpg

coolwalker
11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Actually they're investigating his BJ queen Paula Broadwell for accessing his email ... lots more to say about this as breaking news ...

All In: The Education of General David Petraeus

http://www.paulabroadwell.com/

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IElsLkrJyo8/TyH8TZ1_KiI/AAAAAAAACO8/BUoY-KmpyS4/s1600/paula_broadwell.jpg

That is a nice looking woman...would turn most mens heads. Probably true, but the underlying reason is that he knows too much and was about to testify. You can run from the truth but you can't hide from it.

wazi99
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Its now official he will not testify next week. But he could be made to if congress forces him to.

ptif219
11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Funny how all department heads involved in scandals and failed policy are leaving. That is Petraus and Hillary and Holder and Geinther.

Seems Obama is cleaning house of every one is running to get away from Obama's second term of scandals

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Its now official he will not testify next week. But he could be made to if congress forces him to.

O.K. so... if the two events are *NOT* related why can't he testify. This has something to do with Libya. It could have everything to do with Libya. I'm on the case about it now, fuck this. 4 Americans died and they're trying to cover it up.
If Gen. Petraeus does not testify, the two are absolutely related. Why else wouldn't he testify?

wazi99
11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I really want to know more about this. I think we will learn this goes much deeper. Why did the FBI think he was being black mailed for one...

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I really want to know more about this. I think we will learn this goes much deeper. Why did the FBI think he was being black mailed for one...

Ya, but I'm speculating now in case I'm right I can say "I told you so", because I am 90% sure this has SOMETHING to do with Libya.

Conley
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
I find that hard to believe my wife served under him at Fort Campbell and deployed in Iraq with him. I never heard anyone complain about him.

Peter had good things to say about him too.

I'm disappointed by this, I read Broadwell's book and saw her interviewed, you could tell she was a HUGE fan but I didn't expect something like this. I feel the worst for her kids. :sad:

Conley
11-09-2012, 10:00 PM
This news shouldn't affect whether he testifies before Congress or not IMO. He should do it anyway.

Peter1469
11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Why would it have anything to do with Libya ?

Petraeus will only be famous as a Bush neocon who wrote a counterinsurgency thesis based on our boys getting slaughtered in Iraq.

I was there with Petraeus and with those troops getting killed. You should keep your God damn mouth shut when it comes to honorable service. You have no right in that arena. PoS.

ptif219
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I was there with Petraeus and with those troops getting killed. You should keep your God damn mouth shut when it comes to honorable service. You have no right in that arena. PoS.

In case I forget. Happy veterans day and I know like me you will honor and remember those that gave it all

Peter1469
11-09-2012, 10:47 PM
In case I forget. Happy veterans day and I know like me you will honor and remember those that gave it all

There has to bee something else - this is not Petraeus. He should never have gotten involved with the CIA mess. For me, this is worse news than the election.

ptif219
11-09-2012, 10:57 PM
There has to bee something else - this is not Petraeus. He should never have gotten involved with the CIA mess. For me, this is worse news than the election.

I agree but it seems strange all the department heads that have scandals have said they are gone so quick after the election. This affair does not seem right

webrockk
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
"House investigators asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to testify next week about the September 11 terrorist attack in Benghazi, but she declined citing a scheduling conflict.

"http://washingtonexaminer.com/house-asked-clinton-to-testify-on-benghazi-but-she-declines-due-to-scheduling-conflict/article/2513151

Perfectly timed resignation, "scheduling conflict".......Four grieving families will never know the extent of the fecklessness that led to their son's/father's/brother's/husband's death....all to protect the most despicable piece of Chicago thuggery shit that's ever sat behind the Oval Office desk

Captain Obvious
11-10-2012, 09:52 PM
"House investigators asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to testify next week about the September 11 terrorist attack in Benghazi, but she declined citing a scheduling conflict.

"http://washingtonexaminer.com/house-asked-clinton-to-testify-on-benghazi-but-she-declines-due-to-scheduling-conflict/article/2513151

Perfectly timed resignation, "scheduling conflict".......Four grieving families will never know the extent of the fecklessness that led to their son's/father's/brother's/husband's death....all to protect the most despicable piece of Chicago thuggery shit that's ever sat behind the Oval Office desk

http://washingtonexaminer.com/house-asked-clinton-to-testify-on-benghazi-but-she-declines-due-to-scheduling-conflict/article/2513151

webrockk
11-10-2012, 10:05 PM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/house-asked-clinton-to-testify-on-benghazi-but-she-declines-due-to-scheduling-conflict/article/2513151

Thank you, CO....I effed that up somehow.

Captain Obvious
11-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Thank you, CO....I effed that up somehow.

I live to serve.

Welcome (belated maybe) to the forum, glad you're here.

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2012, 04:30 PM
New Details in Petraeus scandal.

The identity emerged Sunday of the woman who purportedly received harassing emails from CIA Director David Petraeus’ biographer that eventually led to an FBI investigation, then Petraeus’ resignation.
A senior military official said the woman is a State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command.
The official identified her as 37-year-old Jill Kelley, in Tampa, Fla., according to the Associated Press.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/11/new-details-in-petraeus-scandal-fbi-whistleblower-talked-first-to-house/

Interesting. What's next do you think?

And will he speak at the investigation on Benghazi or no?

Captain Obvious
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Probably not, but who knows.

I expect that there is more to what's going on behind the scenes that we will be told.

ptif219
11-11-2012, 10:25 PM

The usual Obama tricks to avoid investigation. Look at fast and furious he still refuses to work with the investigation