PDA

View Full Version : Warning: OP ed: How Obama is scheming to sabotage Trump’s presidency

stjames1_53
07-09-2017, 07:44 AM
How Obama is scheming to sabotage Trump’s presidency
Paul Sperry (http://nypost.com/author/paul-sperry/)
When former President Barack Obama said he was “heartened” by anti-Trump protests, (http://nypost.com/2017/01/30/obama-says-hes-heartened-by-backlash-to-trumps-ban/) he was sending a message of approval to his troops. Troops? Yes, Obama has an army of agitators — numbering more than 30,000 — who will fight his Republican successor at every turn of his historic presidency. And Obama will command them from a bunker less than two miles from the White House.
In what’s shaping up to be a highly unusual post-presidency, Obama isn’t just staying behind in Washington. He’s working behind the scenes to set up what will effectively be a shadow government to not only protect his threatened legacy, but to sabotage the incoming administration and its popular “America First” agenda.
He’s doing it through a network of leftist nonprofits led by Organizing for Action. Normally you’d expect an organization set up to support a politician and his agenda to close up shop after that candidate leaves office, but not Obama’s OFA. Rather, it’s gearing up for battle, with a growing war chest and more than 250 offices across the country.
Since Donald Trump’s election, this little-known but well-funded protesting arm has beefed up staff and ramped up recruitment of young liberal activists, declaring on its website, “We’re not backing down.” Determined to salvage Obama’s legacy, it’s drawing battle lines on immigration, ObamaCare, race relations and climate change.

The rest of this OP ed here:
http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/how-obama-is-scheming-to-sabotage-trumps-presidency/

So why does Obama show up everywhere Trump goes?
Thoughts?

Mark III
07-09-2017, 09:45 AM
When former President Barack Obama said he was “heartened” by anti-Trump protests, (http://nypost.com/2017/01/30/obama-says-hes-heartened-by-backlash-to-trumps-ban/) he was sending a message of approval to his troops. Troops? Yes, Obama has an army of agitators — numbering more than 30,000 — who will fight his Republican successor at every turn of his historic presidency. And Obama will command them from a bunker less than two miles from the White House.
In what’s shaping up to be a highly unusual post-presidency, Obama isn’t just staying behind in Washington. He’s working behind the scenes to set up what will effectively be a shadow government to not only protect his threatened legacy, but to sabotage the incoming administration and its popular “America First” agenda.
He’s doing it through a network of leftist nonprofits led by Organizing for Action. Normally you’d expect an organization set up to support a politician and his agenda to close up shop after that candidate leaves office, but not Obama’s OFA. Rather, it’s gearing up for battle, with a growing war chest and more than 250 offices across the country.
Since Donald Trump’s election, this little-known but well-funded protesting arm has beefed up staff and ramped up recruitment of young liberal activists, declaring on its website, “We’re not backing down.” Determined to salvage Obama’s legacy, it’s drawing battle lines on immigration, ObamaCare, race relations and climate change.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/how-obama-is-scheming-to-sabotage-trumps-presidency/

Thoughts?

Why are you posting an article from six months ago?

Are you fighting to be the most irrelevant person on this forum?

There's a lot of dumb shit here, and your contributions are near the front of that parade.

IMPress Polly
07-09-2017, 10:02 AM
It's a six-month-old hit piece from the well-known-for-being-Republican New York Post that has nothing to do with the actual Resistance movement. I know. I'm on the ground. It is most certainly NOT being directed by Obama. :rollseyes:

Common
07-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Well guess what folks, last week the liberal outlets CNN, msnbc reported obama is back to rebuild the democrat party and attack trump policies. The piece is more relevent today than it was 6 months ago. Obama has been working behind the scenes to take trump down since before the innaugaration. Obama is and was inept, he ALLOWED russia to election tamper and did absolutely nothing but you never hear a single syllable of that from the most disgusting of all news channels lying cnn. Nice try no cigar :)

katzgar
07-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Well guess what folks, last week the liberal outlets CNN, msnbc reported obama is back to rebuild the democrat party and attack trump policies. The piece is more relevent today than it was 6 months ago. Obama has been working behind the scenes to take trump down since before the innaugaration. Obama is and was inept, he ALLOWED russia to election tamper and did absolutely nothing but you never hear a single syllable of that from the most disgusting of all news channels lying cnn. Nice try no cigar :)

the right wing is just trying to establish an excuse for trumps failures.

IMPress Polly
07-09-2017, 10:12 AM
There is no shortage of Obama fans in the Resistance, but it was not and is not being organized and mobilized by Obama. It is clearly a people's movement, not an Obama personality cult. It sounds to me more like Obama wants to be a part of our movement rather than the other way around.

Tahuyaman
07-09-2017, 10:29 AM
....Are you fighting to be the most irrelevant person on this forum? .....

There's a lot of dumb $#@! here, and your contributions are near the front of that parade.

You should avoid posting comments like those. You are just setting yourself up for some well earned abuse.

Tahuyaman
07-09-2017, 10:31 AM
There is no shortage of Obama fans in the Resistance, but it was not and is not being organized and mobilized by Obama. It is clearly a people's movement, not an Obama personality cult. It sounds to me more like Obama wants to be a part of our movement rather than the other way around.

It is not a grass roots movement. It is obviously created by the liberal wing of the political establishment.

stjames1_53
07-09-2017, 10:34 AM
It is not a grass roots movement. It is obviously created by the liberal wing of the political establishment.

6 months ago, this violent resist Trump sh!t started. As you said, it is more relevant today than it was back then.
6 ago months is hardly accidental. That is when they feel their were personally damaged.....the lie-beral responses show that

Common
07-09-2017, 11:02 AM

Trump has been a success, hes done more campaign promises than most presidents. Hes dismantling Obamas reign of executive orders, obama care repeal or change is in the works and most important of all, illegal immigration has been slowed to a crawl and were deporting greater numbers than ever before. Hes created more jobs in 6 months than obama did in 8 full years.

Trump is doing exactly what I voted for him to do

Common
07-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Polly Obama is the reason there is even a resistance in the first place. Obama lost more seats nationally than any pther president. Do you think that happened because hes LOVED ? It happened because the press has been lying about him from day one.

Polly the reign of the far left is going to come to an end and the dem party will go back to the center.

Ravens Fan
07-09-2017, 11:14 AM

There's a lot of dumb shit here, and your contributions are near the front of that parade.

@Mark III stop with the personal insults. To all, stick to the topic or find one you can.

Chris
07-09-2017, 11:36 AM

It's a six-month-old hit piece from the well-known-for-being-Republican New York Post that has nothing to do with the actual Resistance movement. I know. I'm on the ground. It is most certainly NOT being directed by Obama. :rollseyes:

I don't get it, if you don't want to discuss a topic, for whatever reason, why contradictorily post just to say you don't? To discourage those who might want to discuss it?

Clearly Obama is involved at the higher levels of leftist resistance that funds the so-called grassroots effort. The OP is based on what Obama and others have said. 6 months ago is not irrelevant.

Chris
07-09-2017, 11:54 AM
I think it should be clear that while Obama wants to be part of the resistance--President Obama just made it clear: He’s now part of the anti-GOP resistance (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/08/president-obama-just-made-it-clear-hes-now-part-of-the-anti-gop-resistance/?utm_term=.f9fc60e26d55) (5/8/17), even Trump says he doesn't lead it: Trump: Obama not leading the resistance (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/339380-trump-obama-not-leading-the-resistance) (06/25/17).

IMPress Polly
07-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Common wrote:
Polly Obama is the reason there is even a resistance in the first place.

Don't tell me what my motives are and aren't, please. It's very arrogant.

Obama lost more seats nationally than any pther president. Do you think that happened because hes LOVED ?

Not that it's particularly relevant, but it is worth pointing out that actually his personal favorability rating is 63% (http://www.pollingreport.com/obama_fav.htm), as compared with Trump's 37% (http://www.pollingreport.com/trump_fav.htm).

As you recently said to me, most people do not the world the way you do. I would say that the Democratic Party as a brand has an image problem, to look at the low approval ratings that the Congressional Democrats get. Obama, however, does not. Most people don't seem to lump him in with the Democratic Party as a whole.

Peter1469
07-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Why would the (D)s want O to rebuild the party he broke?

Peter1469
07-09-2017, 12:08 PM
O has his own movement going on. Apparently yours is not part of it.

Peter1469
07-09-2017, 12:08 PM
You should avoid posting comments like those. You are just setting yourself up for some well earned abuse.
Amazing that he would call out b.s. posts. :smiley:

IMPress Polly
07-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Peter wrote:
O has his own movement going on. Apparently yours is not part of it.

Here in the real world, Organizing for America was a total flop that effectively died four years ago, shortly after its creation.

Obama certainly has fans in the Resistance, but it is not driven by his personality or his initiative. It is our creation and our movement and it is objective-driven. We've done things like organizing a lot of the town hall meetings against the so-called health care bill that you've seen, both the legal and in-the-streets opposition to the border wall and Muslim ban, as well as the Women's March, the Tax March, the March for Science, and the March for Impeachment, among other things. To highlight a particular aspect of that, Obama has explicitly stated his opposition to impeaching Trump. Therein lies your proof that he and we are different things, even if on the same general wavelength in some respects. The movement is also belligerent vis-a-vis Trump, regarding him as an illegitimate president, while Obama has advocated nuanced view that says we should work with Trump where supposedly we can. Obama may support parts of what we do, but this is definitely our movement, not his.

Peter1469
07-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Here in the real world, Organizing for America was a total flop that effectively died four years ago, shortly after its creation.

Obama certainly has fans in the Resistance, but it is not driven by his personality or his initiative. It is our creation and our movement and it is objective-driven. We've done things like organizing a lot of the town hall meetings against the so-called health care bill that you've seen, both the legal and in-the-streets opposition to the border wall and Muslim ban, as well as the Women's March, the Tax March, the March for Science, and the March for Impeachment, among other things. To highlight a particular aspect of that, Obama has explicitly stated his opposition to impeaching Trump. Therein lies your proof that he and we are different things, even if on the same general wavelength in some respects. The movement is also belligerent vis-a-vis Trump, regarding him as an illegitimate president, while Obama has advocated nuanced view that says we should work with Trump where supposedly we can. Obama may support parts of what we do, but this is definitely our movement, not his.

I got the part where Obama is not leading your movement.

Mister D
07-09-2017, 02:16 PM
What is the Resistance (with a capital "R" lol) resisting? The result of a democratic election? You lost. Do better in 2020.

IMPress Polly
07-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Mister D wrote:
What is the Resistance (with a capital "R" lol) resisting? The result of a democratic election? You lost. Do better in 2020.

Basically, the current Trump/governing-Republican agenda, in a similar fashion to how the Tea Party movement fought against the Obama/governing-Democratic agenda. There actually exists SOME nominal overlap between those two things, as we do have some leftover diehard Never Trump Republican types on board (mostly of a libertarian bent). Mostly it's a combination of progressive independents and Democrats though.

Many in the movement are also not very respectful of an outcome in which the loser of the popular vote became president and have serious concerns about the method by which he achieved "victory" (the Trump-Russia issue and beyond).

Agent Zero
07-09-2017, 03:12 PM

Thoughts?
Good lord, man. That's from February????

You know if you really want to be outraged, did you know the mooslim was in his homeland last week?

Agent Zero
07-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Stupidity.

resister
07-09-2017, 03:17 PM

And what the hell have you contributed lately, except a cautionary example of the dangers of TDS.

resister
07-09-2017, 03:21 PM
What is the Resistance (with a capital "R" lol) resisting? The result of a democratic election? You lost. Do better in 2020.I don't know, but I wish they would change their name to something more appropriate, like recalcitrant children or something.

Agent Zero
07-09-2017, 03:36 PM
I don't know, but I wish they would change their name to something more appropriate, like recalcitrant children or something.

No, they're already called "Republicans".

texan
07-09-2017, 04:28 PM

There's a lot of dumb $#@! here, and your contributions are near the front of that parade.

Says the fair and balanced Mark 3

Mister D
07-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Basically, the current Trump/governing-Republican agenda, in a similar fashion to how the Tea Party movement fought against the Obama/governing-Democratic agenda. There actually exists SOME nominal overlap between those two things, as we do have some leftover diehard Never Trump Republican types on board (mostly of a libertarian bent). Mostly it's a combination of progressive independents and Democrats though.

Many in the movement are also not very respectful of an outcome in which the loser of the popular vote became president and have serious concerns about the method by which he achieved "victory" (the Trump-Russia issue and beyond).
The claim that Trump is not our legitimate President is not worthy of reply. Hopefully, you do not fall into that category. As for those respectful of democracy and the rules of the game why have they concocted this silly name for themselves when they are just the opposition in a liberal democratic system? Aren't you (hopefully) taking your dissent a little too seriously? I mean I could understand it if you opposed liberal democracy. I could actually believe that about you individually and, quite frankly, I could respect that but that's not the impression the "Resistance" gives me.They come off as partisan crybabies who will be back in lockstep as soon as a more palatable (i.e. liberal Democrat) is in office. The Resistance? Seriously?

Green Arrow
07-09-2017, 06:35 PM
For anyone wondering, the OP argument is exactly what real propaganda looks like. Not South Park jokes.

Green Arrow
07-09-2017, 06:37 PM

It's not a democratic election when the winner loses the popular vote. I'm not saying that to somehow question the legitimacy of Trump's victory because, as I've frequently said, he won fair and square. However, it's not democratic. The popular vote (which is the democratic part of our election) is worthless, meaningless, and has no real impact.

Mister D
07-09-2017, 06:45 PM
It's not a democratic election when the winner loses the popular vote. I'm not saying that to somehow question the legitimacy of Trump's victory because, as I've frequently said, he won fair and square. However, it's not democratic. The popular vote (which is the democratic part of our election) is worthless, meaningless, and has no real impact.

The popular vote with regard to a huge nation of 330 million souls was designed to be meaningless but that's neither here not there. If you'd prefer to quibble about what a democracy is or isn't that's fine but I'm not interested at this time. I'd like to know why the routine opposition in a liberal democracy is calling themselves the "Resistance". I mean I get the French Resistance. They were occupied by the Germans. Isn't this overly dramatic?

Green Arrow
07-09-2017, 06:53 PM
The popular vote with regard to a huge nation of 330 million souls was designed to be meaningless but that's neither here not there. If you'd prefer to quibble about what a democracy is or isn't that's fine but I'm not interested at this time. I'd like to know why the routine opposition in a liberal democracy is calling themselves the "Resistance". I mean I get the French Resistance. They were occupied by the Germans. Isn't this overly dramatic?
I think so, but they don't invite me to the parties...

stjames1_53
07-10-2017, 05:38 AM

what failures might that be?

IMPress Polly
07-10-2017, 05:58 AM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4)

You may perceive the framing of the Resistance as overly dramatic, but every time I hear Trump give a major speech, like the one he did last week in Poland, I am reminded of exactly why he and his program have to be stopped. Those opposed to Trump who take him less seriously than I do I think perceive him as dumb, not malign. I don't think he's stupid or innocent at all. The experience of living under Trump reminds me of the abusive relationships that I've found myself psychologically trapped in in the past.

It is the opinion of yours truly that Trump's disproportionate admiration for so many of the world's more authoritarian regimes like those in Poland, Russia, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, etc., ...the fact that he promotes these at the expense of more democratic governments is not a coincidence or the innocent result of some personal stupidity on the president's part or some kind of positive development in the struggle against American imperialism. I think that ideally he wants to be like the dictators of those countries and to lead an alliance with them against the forces of democracy. That's why he's declared the news media his principal foe. That is what authoritarian leaders always do first: try to de-legitimize all voices but their own. It's also why he's so obsessed with stopping the flow of foreign-born people into this country: such as to isolate our perception of the world from anyone outside our borders who might have a different perspective. And I think that if it were not for this movement, he would largely have succeeded by now.

I try hard not to use the term "anti-fascist" to describe this movement because I know that people never take you seriously once you use the F word, but I think that that is how a lot of us feel about the efforts we're putting forward and about the essence of the movement. Black people feel that Trump wants them dead. Latinos and Muslims feel that Trump wants them gone and/or persecuted. Many women (myself included) feel that his mere presence in the White House is legitimizing real trauma that we've experienced first-hand (sexual harassment and violence, etc.). And it's not only about the man's unusually pronounced authoritarian tendencies, but also a real, immediate matter of life and death for many of our participants. I hear parents tell me that their fight against the ACA repeal effort, for example, is a fight for their children's lives and that Donald Trump is trying to kill their children. I think when it's that personal for people, you can expect to hear some militant descriptors.

stjames1_53
07-10-2017, 06:19 AM
If conservatives are to labeled as fascists, you claim we are loading up the cattle cars.....
You guys that toss the term around have no idea what it really means.
Just because someone tells you "NO" doesn't make them a facist...people who say "fascist" are stupid people
Just because we don't want what you're demanding we accept, we're the fascist.............
Fascism is a military state where a people have absolutely no Rights............

resister
07-10-2017, 06:23 AM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4)

You may perceive the framing of the Resistance as overly dramatic, but every time I hear Trump give a major speech, like the one he did last week in Poland, I am reminded of exactly why he and his program have to be stopped. Those opposed to Trump who take less seriously than I do I think perceive him as dumb, not malign. I don't think he's stupid or innocent at all. The experience of living under Trump reminds me of the abusive relationships that I've found myself psychologically trapped in in the past.

It is the opinion of yours truly that Trump's disproportionate admiration for so many of the world's more authoritarian regimes like those in Poland, Russia, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, etc., ...the fact that he promotes these at the expense of more democratic governments is not a coincidence or the innocent result of some personal stupidity on the president's part or some kind of positive development in the struggle against American imperialism. I think that ideally he wants to be like the dictators of those countries and to lead an alliance with them against the forces of democracy. That's why he's declared the news media his principal foe. That is what authoritarian leaders always do first: try to de-legitimize all voices but their own. It's also why he's so obsessed with stopping the flow of foreign-born people into this country: such as to isolate our perception of the world from anyone outside our borders who might have a different perspective. And I think that if it were not for this movement, he would largely have succeeded by now.

I try hard not to use the term "anti-fascist" to describe this movement because I know that people never take you seriously once you use the F word, but I think that that is how a lot of us feel about the efforts we're putting forward and about the essence of the movement. Black people feel that Trump wants them dead. Latinos and Muslims feel that Trump wants them gone and/or persecuted. Many women (myself included) feel that his mere presence in the White House is legitimizing real trauma that we've experienced first-hand (sexual harassment and violence, etc.). And it's not only about the man's unusually pronounced authoritarian tendencies, but also a real, immediate matter of life and death for many of our participants. I hear parents tell me that their fight against the ACA repeal effort, for example, is a fight for their children's lives and that Donald Trump is trying to kill their children. I think when it's that personal for people, you can expect to hear some militant descriptors.
Overly dramatic often:rollseyes: If you had your way, it would be a communist country (very ironic) to say the least.

Green Arrow
07-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Overly dramatic often:rollseyes: If you had your way, it would be a communist country (very ironic) to say the least.

Polly is not a communist. Communists stopped being a major deal in the 1990s.

resister
07-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Polly is not a communist. Communists stopped being a major deal in the 1990s.She claims to be one.

IMPress Polly
07-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Green Arrow wrote:

Well actually, while I've abandoned Marxism in recent years, I do still consider myself a communist. I've moved into anarchist communism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-communism) is the deal. Just to clear up any confusion there.

resister
07-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Well actually, while I've abandoned Marxism in recent years, I do still consider myself a communist. I've moved into anarchist communism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-communism) is the deal. Just to clear up any confusion there.Is there some reason why you think that is a good system?

Green Arrow
07-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Well actually, while I've abandoned Marxism in recent years, I do still consider myself a communist. I've moved into anarchist communism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-communism) is the deal. Just to clear up any confusion there.
Fair enough, I apologize for speaking for you.

katzgar
07-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Trump has been a success, hes done more campaign promises than most presidents. Hes dismantling Obamas reign of executive orders, obama care repeal or change is in the works and most important of all, illegal immigration has been slowed to a crawl and were deporting greater numbers than ever before. Hes created more jobs in 6 months than obama did in 8 full years.

Your post is a lie. are you not aware that your crap is easy to check? 11.3 million jobs under obama and trump at 317,000. Perhaps if you were better educated you wouldnt post lies. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/26/donald-trump/has-donald-trump-overseen-gain-500000-jobs-so-far/

stjames1_53
07-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Your post is a lie. are you not aware that your crap is easy to check? 11.3 million jobs under obama and trump at 317,000. Perhaps if you were better educated you wouldnt post lies. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/26/donald-trump/has-donald-trump-overseen-gain-500000-jobs-so-far/

yeah, and it took Obama 8 years to get it there.....after losing at least 20 million jobs
Trump did the half a mil in just 6 months......you got nuttin' to brag about

IMPress Polly
07-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Green Arrow wrote:
Fair enough, I apologize for speaking for you.

No worries, GA, it was an honest misunderstanding! I know you well enough to know that it wasn't malicious. :smiley:

I imagine my tendency to embrace very pragmatic political tactics and strategies can lead one to believe that I don't favor a radical kind of ideal. Probably an easy mistake to make.

St. James wrote:
Is there some reason why you think that is a good system?

Just a moral one really. I think it makes people happiest to have a fully egalitarian political system and economy. I'm under no illusions anymore that these types of societies have a realistic chance of prevailing in this world. I really don't think we'll ever see a day where most of the world's population lives like that, if only because anarchist societies tend to be militarily weak and accordingly usually just get crushed and drowned in blood from without. But nonetheless, it's just a goal that I feel it's right to support. I've come to a place of figuring out that Marxism is insincere almost by nature, but I've tried remaking myself into an ordinary liberal and other things and I just can't shake my egalitarian inclinations toward a sharing-based economy and participatory democracy. It's a heart thing for me. I just now realize that it really has to be strictly a people's project and not, you know, a project of "vanguard parties" who disingenuously insist on "transitional periods" wherein they get absolute authority and whatnot. That makes it harder thing to realize in the real world though, unfortunately.

Kalkin
07-10-2017, 02:03 PM
We all had utopian fantasies before we grew up.

IMPress Polly
07-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Kalkin wrote:

I don't know, Kalkin. I'm sure that you've heard of the Kurdish-led fighters in Syria who are currently fighting to liberate Raqqa from Islamic State control? Those people are anarchists and socialists (specifically communalists (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communalism_(political_philosophy))). I wouldn't characterize their efforts as juvenile, but rather as more like maybe saving your ass from being blown to kingdom come.

Kalkin
07-10-2017, 02:14 PM
I don't know, Kalkin. I'm sure that you've heard of the Kurdish-led fighters in Syria who are currently fighting to liberate Raqqa from Islamic State control? Those people are anarchists and socialists (specifically communalists). I wouldn't characterize their efforts as juvenile, but rather as more like maybe saving your ass from being blown to kingdom come.

Would it be rude to ask your age?

IMPress Polly
07-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Kalkin wrote:
Would it be rude to ask your age?

Yes, but it's public knowledge anyway: I'll turn 33 in a couple months.

Kalkin
07-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Yes, but it's public knowledge anyway: I'll turn 33 in a couple months.

You should know better than to endorse that silliness, then, imho.

IMPress Polly
07-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Kalkin wrote:
You should know better than to endorse that silliness, then, imho.

Well I don't. Sue me.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2017, 02:26 PM

Do you advocate eliminating the electoral college?

That would result in people outside of a select few urban areas to lose any voice they have.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2017, 02:28 PM

Hmmm.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2017, 02:30 PM

People still have dreams. Of course sometimes those dreams are dependent on what you had for dinner.

Kalkin
07-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Well I don't. Sue me.

No need to sue anyone. Reality will change your mind when you're perceptive enough to recognize it.

Green Arrow
07-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Do you advocate eliminating the electoral college?

That would result in people outside of a select few urban areas to lose any voice they have.

Yes, and you have it backwards. Popular vote only gives everyone a voice.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Yes, and you have it backwards. Popular vote only gives everyone a voice.

If there was no electoral college, candidates would pander to two or three major urban areas and ignore the rest of the country.

The electoral college is essential.

Green Arrow
07-10-2017, 04:18 PM
If there was no electoral college, candidates would pander to two or three major urban areas and ignore the rest of the country.

The electoral college is essential.

That's again backwards. They would have to reach out to more voters because every vote counts. With the electoral college, only 12 out of 50 states are relevant and get all the campaigning.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
That's again backwards. They would have to reach out to more voters because every vote counts. With the electoral college, only 12 out of 50 states are relevant and get all the campaigning.

They could pander to the to the metro elites and ignore the rest of the nation.

Green Arrow
07-10-2017, 04:22 PM
They could pander to the to the metro elites and ignore the rest of the nation.

Yes, instead of pandering to the biggest cities they pander to the biggest states. What a difference.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Yes, instead of pandering to the biggest cities they pander to the biggest states. What a difference.

But they wouldn't need to. Just look at the red/blue map for crying out loud.

I could see some changes to the electoral college such as you win the percentage of electors which correspond to the percentage of the popular vote won by a candidate. That would put complete states into play, but eliminating it would be ignoring the will of tens of millions of people.

It's a bad idea.

katzgar
07-10-2017, 06:16 PM
yeah, and it took Obama 8 years to get it there.....after losing at least 20 million jobs
Trump did the half a mil in just 6 months......you got nuttin' to brag about

I think the thing you are trying to ignore is that the crash was a Bush crash, your post is dishonest. trumps monthly jobs gains is on par with Obamas.

stjames1_53
07-11-2017, 07:19 AM
I think the thing you are trying to ignore is that the crash was a Bush crash, your post is dishonest. trumps monthly jobs gains is on par with Obamas.
Bush still haunts Obama?
wow....................
Trump has done more in 6 months that Obama did in his first 6 months

katzgar
07-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Bush still haunts Obama?
wow....................

not sure what your agenda is but your statement obviously isnt true.

stjames1_53
07-11-2017, 08:25 AM
not sure what your agenda is but your statement obviously isnt true.

obvious to you, an Obama hold-over..............but it is a matter of record that Trump has accomplished more with less...............

katzgar
07-11-2017, 09:48 AM
only when you give trump credit for what others have done. I gotta give you trumpcare though....oops never mind

hotair
07-12-2017, 02:50 AM

Thoughts?

One small problem with the logic here.
Trump is doing a most excellent job of it all by himself, he does not need any help from anyone. Especially President Obama.

hotair
07-12-2017, 03:03 AM
Bush still haunts Obama?
wow....................

Well . . . Trump has signed more pointless, and useless, Presidential Proclamations in his first six months, the President Obama singed in his entire eight years!
Given that these proclamations have no weight of law behind them, I do not know that I would call them any sort of an accomplishment!?!
True enough signing ceremonies in front of the cameras look good, but quite frankly Trumps have been rather pointless.
Consider: His Presidential Proclamation ordering all cabinet agencies to step back from enforcing our civil rights laws . . .
Is not exactly productive.
Carries no weight of law.
Does nothing to either change or eliminate the civil rights laws as they stand.
May even have been illegal.

stjames1_53
07-12-2017, 05:01 AM
Well . . . Trump has signed more pointless, and useless, Presidential Proclamations in his first six months, the President Obama singed in his entire eight years!
Given that these proclamations have no weight of law behind them, I do not know that I would call them any sort of an accomplishment!?!
True enough signing ceremonies in front of the cameras look good, but quite frankly Trumps have been rather pointless.
Consider: His Presidential Proclamation ordering all cabinet agencies to step back from enforcing our civil rights laws . . .

really..................you so sure?
rolling back bogus EPA regulations creates jobs
economy is in upswing
Placing all rights on the same playing field. No one person or special interest groups should have control over another via special privileges.
"Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others"
Proclamations come from kings and dictators .....funny that you don't see Obama issuing EO's the same as Trump's EO's
What's got the Alt-Left's panties in a bunch is that Trump is for all, not a few special interest groups like the LGBT crowd or the illegal aliens.
Did I miss anything?

hotair
07-13-2017, 04:08 PM
really..................you so sure?
rolling back bogus EPA regulations creates jobs
economy is in upswing
Placing all rights on the same playing field. No one person or special interest groups should have control over another via special privileges.
"Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others"
Proclamations come from kings and dictators .....funny that you don't see Obama issuing EO's the same as Trump's EO's
What's got the Alt-Left's panties in a bunch is that Trump is for all, not a few special interest groups like the LGBT crowd or the illegal aliens.
Did I miss anything?

Oh, I am quite sure . . .
Still . . .
However: EPA?!?
Bogus EPA regulations? What might these be? The regulations that have been rolled back to date, are anything but bogus. Limiting the amount of mercury that can be spued out into the air??? Bogus??? If you say so?!?
Still - Just exactly how does removing restrictions on water & air pollution create jobs? Other then (maybe) to the medical field, and maybe to the medical insurance field?
The economy has been in an upswing since 2010. A fact that has nothing to do with either Trump or the policies that he claims that he wants to impose. Mostly due directly to these very same EPA regulations that you are whining about!
On the other hand . . .
Civil Rights Laws:
The sole purpose of our civil rights laws has been, and is just as you post. Well actually to guarantee that everyone is treated equally under the law. The simple act of guaranteeing one groups rights does absolutely nothing to infringe on anyone else. Under our current laws, there is no such thing as “. . . but some are more equal than others” which is exactly what will be changed with the implementation of Trumps directives.

From your post . . . It is quite evident that you are indeed missing a great deal!

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 04:38 PM
Still . . .
Bogus EPA regulations? What might these be? The regulations that have been rolled back to date, are anything but bogus. Limiting the amount of mercury that can be spued out into the air??? Bogus??? If you say so?!?
Still - Just exactly how does removing restrictions on water & air pollution create jobs? Other then (maybe) to the medical field, and maybe to the medical insurance field?
The economy has been in an upswing since 2010. A fact that has nothing to do with either Trump or the policies that he claims that he wants to impose. Mostly due directly to these very same EPA regulations that you are whining about!
On the other hand . . .
Civil Rights Laws:
The sole purpose of our civil rights laws has been, and is just as you post. Well actually to guarantee that everyone is treated equally under the law. The simple act of guaranteeing one groups rights does absolutely nothing to infringe on anyone else. Under our current laws, there is no such thing as “. . . but some are more equal than others” which is exactly what will be changed with the implementation of Trumps directives.

From your post . . . It is quite evident that you are indeed missing a great deal!

really? pizza party catered, bake a cake....your memory fails you

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Still . . .
On the other hand . . .
Civil Rights Laws:

The EPA is a fascistic organization. It tried to take control of the puddle in your back yard. It is time to end them.

Agent Zero
07-13-2017, 04:47 PM
Bush still haunts Obama?
wow....................

Allow me to lower myself momentarily....

LOL WUT?

Agent Zero
07-13-2017, 04:49 PM

Remember when they were calling Obama a traitor and calling for his impeachment over Executive Orders?

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Remember when they were calling Obama a traitor and calling for his impeachment over Executive Orders?
I cannot recall calling Obama a traitor but he did support the IslamoNAZIs in Tehran. He should have been impeached for his unlawful use of Executive Orders to make or modify laws.

Agent Zero
07-13-2017, 05:09 PM
He should have been impeached for his unlawful use of Executive Orders to make or modify laws.

I rest my case.

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 06:06 PM
He should have been impeached for his unlawful use of Executive Orders to make or modify laws.

I rest my case.
What case do you believe you made? Do you believe a President has Constitutional authority to make or change laws?

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 06:06 PM
I rest my case.
You are too smart by half. Or maybe a quarter.

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:19 PM
You are too smart by half. Or maybe a quarter.

Zero keeps dividing by zero...it's what he does

katzgar
07-13-2017, 06:26 PM
I cannot recall calling Obama a traitor but he did support the IslamoNAZIs in Tehran. He should have been impeached for his unlawful use of Executive Orders to make or modify laws.

your post is just made up foolishness

hanger4
07-13-2017, 06:33 PM
your post is just made up foolishness

Should be easy to refute then ?? I'll wait.

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:39 PM
Should be easy to refute then ?? I'll wait.

It'll be day after tomorrow before he realizes he's got nothing but wet dreams and speculations

hotair
07-15-2017, 03:10 AM
really? pizza party catered, bake a cake....your memory fails you

Discrimination is discrimination.
Allowing people to abuse religion, in the effort to justify discrimination, is still discrimination, and as such is illegal.

hotair
07-15-2017, 03:18 AM
The EPA is a fascistic organization. It tried to take control of the puddle in your back yard. It is time to end them.
If the puddle in my back yard in indeed a major source of the nitrogen runoff that is killing all of the life in the Gulf of Mexico, then the EPA should get involved.

There is a problem with writing laws. Laws have to be written in such a way that allows them to be enforceable. It would be wonderful to just say that the Mississippi river will no longer be allowed to dump nitrogen runoff into the Gulf any more.

Brett Nortje
07-15-2017, 04:47 AM

Thoughts?
~ By the way, like your signature.

I find the best way to defang this sort of thing,where the liberals will seek to control the state from behind the shadows, is to simply call it 'treason,' yes? this would be where the doings of the presidency and ruling party are undermined, making progress take place slower for the whole country, where the ideas that got the president elected are slowed down so as to make them unavailable to them, and, then show that "nothing was done," of course.

This is also a way of getting the "goodies" to be "baddies." for too long has the media interpreted and represented the republicans as sleazy criminals to the youth and the democrats as the 'best thing since bread.' this needs to stop, fighting amongst yourselves could be turned to fighting for the people, of course.

So, why don't they work together? they could observe they are getting paid to fix problems, not make problems for each other.

stjames1_53
07-15-2017, 05:10 AM

you give the tea party too much credit...........you should know that the popular vote really doesn't mean squat. There is a certain amount of certainty that those 3 million votes were cast by illegal aliens and Dreamers. Most of them considered a vote for Hillary was a vote to stay here. So they were in affect, voting for their own personal gain and nothing else.
Trump is doing what he said he would do, and unfortunately, pissing off those people in particular. You can bet most of those so-called popular votes came from CA and NY.
He achieved his victory through the electoral voting system.
It as worked to put many other presidents in office before, but it wasn't until your gal lost that you wanted to eliminate the way it is set up.
It worked just fine for Obama and Bill. but now it's not ok....................So, in reality, you're happy with it as long as it works in your favor and no one else's

stjames1_53
07-15-2017, 05:20 AM
~ By the way, like your signature.

I find the best way to defang this sort of thing,where the liberals will seek to control the state from behind the shadows, is to simply call it 'treason,' yes? this would be where the doings of the presidency and ruling party are undermined, making progress take place slower for the whole country, where the ideas that got the president elected are slowed down so as to make them unavailable to them, and, then show that "nothing was done," of course.

This is also a way of getting the "goodies" to be "baddies." for too long has the media interpreted and represented the republicans as sleazy criminals to the youth and the democrats as the 'best thing since bread.' this needs to stop, fighting amongst yourselves could be turned to fighting for the people, of course.

So, why don't they work together? they could observe they are getting paid to fix problems, not make problems for each other.

Trump has said that he's in it for ALL of American, not just special groups of people. That was the primary reason he paid for his own campaign. He owes no special group anything. He owes all of America his due diligence to do the best he can for everyone, not just the gays, blacks, Latinos, or the illegal aliens...
a wise post, sir. Thank you!

MisterVeritis
07-15-2017, 08:20 AM
If the puddle in my back yard in indeed a major source of the nitrogen runoff that is killing all of the life in the Gulf of Mexico, then the EPA should get involved.
There is a problem with writing laws. Laws have to be written in such a way that allows them to be enforceable. It would be wonderful to just say that the Mississippi river will no longer be allowed to dump nitrogen runoff into the Gulf any more.
I get it. You are a wannabe tyrant. You like the fascistic approach. You like the idea of an all-powerful central government who will run everything.

That is why the Constitution was written to limit the Federal government's powers. If you want a dictatorship of the proles, amend the Constitution.

Casper
07-15-2017, 08:56 AM

Oh, come on, the vast majority of that is BS, You know it and I know it. If you want to be taken seriously then do not post nonsense, just so you know, no one takes pawns seriously.

Peter1469
07-15-2017, 08:57 AM
Oh, come on, the vast majority of that is BS, You know it and I know it. If you want to be taken seriously then do not post nonsense, just so you know, no one takes pawns seriously.

A cop-out. You brushed his argument off without addressing it specifically. Do you have anything else?

MisterVeritis
07-15-2017, 09:05 AM
I went looking. This is the list from Snopes.

Unemployment4.4 percent – lowest since May 2007
As reported (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/05/05/the-u-s-job-market-is-expected-to-rebound-in-april-if-it-doesnt-that-could-be-cause-for-concern/?utm_term=.91d745106989) in the Washington Post, government data released on 5 May 2017 indicated that the national unemployment rate hit a new low in April

ReinvestmentSoftBank $50B
Exxon $20B
Hyundai $3.1B
Apple $1B
Chrysler $1B
GM $1B
Bayer AG $1B
Toyota $600M
LG $250M
This is a mostly-accurate, partial list of corporations who have announced investments in American facilities and/or jobs since the election of Donald Trump. With the exception of Bayer AG (which announced $8 billion in new investments, not $1 billion as claimed), the dollar amounts match those cited in press reports between January and April 2017 (sources: Softbank (https://www.thestreet.com/story/13916521/1/softbank-ceo-masayoshi-son-pledges-to-invest-50b-in-u-s-create-50-000-jobs-after-trump-meeting.html), Exxon Mobil Corp. (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ceraweek-exxon-idUSKBN16D2G6), Hyundai-Kia (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-17/hyundai-kia-plan-3-1-billion-u-s-investment-mull-new-plant), Apple (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-fund-idUSKBN17Z2PI), Fiat Chrysler (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-08/fiat-chrysler-commits-1-billion-to-u-s-plants-for-jeeps-rams), General Motors (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-jobs-trump-idUSKBN15107B), Bayer AG (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bayer-after-trump-meeting-pledges-to-add-thousands-of-us-jobs-2017-01-18), Toyota (http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/01/25/business/corporate-business/without-mentioning-trump-toyota-announces-plans-invest-600-million-add-400-jobs-indiana-plant/), LG Electronics (http://www.chattanoogan.com/2017/2/28/342869/LG-Electronics-To-Locate-New-U.S..aspx)).

Stock MarketDOW at 20,896
The stock market can be fickle. As of April 29, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was at 20,940.51 (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trumps-stock-market-ranks-on-his-100th-day-in-office-2017-04-29), 6.12 percent higher than when Trump took office — positive movement, unquestionably.

Consumer ConfidenceCurrently at 125.6
It’s true that the Consumer Confidence Index, a metric assessing how ordinary consumers feel about the strength of the economy, hit 125.6 in March 2017, its highest point since 2000. It is also true that it fell (http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/25/april-us-consumer-confidence-data.html) five points to 120.3 the following month. Even so, it showed that consumers (as of April) had more confidence in the economy under Trump than under Obama, during whose administration the index never exceeded 113.7 (although it did manage to rise to that point after bottoming out in 2009 at 25).

LegislationPassed 32 bills through Congress
As of 17 May 2017, President Trump had signed (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/signed-legislation) 34 bills passed by Congress, a comparatively high number (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/27/sean-spicer/trump-has-signed-more-bills-100-days-any-president/) in such a short period of time (since Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who signed 76 pieces of legislation in his first 100 days, only Harry Truman, at 55, signed more).

Supreme CourtAppointed constitutionalist Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch
This is true (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/us/politics/neil-gorsuch-supreme-court.html). Gorsuch was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on 7 April 2017.

Killed the TPPAfter 8 years of inaction
This is true. Trump fulfilled a campaign promise by signing (http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/politics/trump-tpp-things-to-know/) an executive order withdrawing the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership international trade agreement on 23 January 2017, one day after announcing he would renegotiate it.

Border Security40 percent fewer illegal border crossings and deportation of violent and repeat offenders
The number of illegal border crossings from Mexico into the U.S. in February 2017 were indeed down 40 percent from the previous month, according to statistics (https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration) provided by the Department of Homeland Security,

$100M to Flint, MichiganWater contamination crisis started in April 2014

DiplomacyStrengthening relationships
China
Japan
Russia
UK
Tough on North Korea
Tough on Syria
Freed Humanitarian Workers from Egypt

Although President Trump pledged to “strengthen” overseas relationships going into office and he had already met with several important foreign leaders by mid-May 2017,

Government AgenciesTrimming the fat at many overblown government agencies and promoting small business growth by reigning in the EPA
Although it is true that President Trump signed (http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/13/trump-review-federal-agencies/) an executive order on 13 March 2017 directing the heads of executive branch departments to eliminate all “unnecessary” agencies and reorganize those that remain to improve their “efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability,” the order gave said department heads six months from the date of signing to come up with suggestions for this process, so not much fat has been trimmed thus far despite the groundwork being laid.

EnergyFinished Dakota Access Pipeline & reversed Obama’s “Land Grab” EO, freeing US to use our own natural resources

. . .