PDA

View Full Version : Obama Carves New Chapter in King Legacy.....

MMC
10-17-2011, 07:08 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/analysis-obama-carves-chapter-king-legacy-075903406.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Standing beneath the looming presence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., President Barack Obama carved out his own version of black leadership with a message of racial unity.

A sense of inescapable blackness surrounded Sunday's dedication ceremony for the King memorial. The 30-foot-tall granite likeness is the first on the National Mall to honor an African-American, joining memorials for two white presidents who owned slaves and a third who ended such bondage.

"At this moment, when our politics appear so sharply polarized, and faith in our institutions so greatly diminished, we need more than ever to take heed of Dr. King's teachings," Obama said. "He calls on us to stand in the other person's shoes, to see through their eyes, to understand their pain."

Fifty-nine words into Sunday's remarks, Obama uttered the word "black" — something his African-American critics have hungered for him to do more often. He called out the names of deceased movement luminaries such as Rosa Parks, Dorothy Height and the Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth. He let his body language speak, too, rocking pensively to Aretha Franklin's stirring performance of "Precious Lord Take My Hand," and linking arms with his wife and the vice president to sing "We Shall Overcome."

"He was sho' nuff black," said Michael Eric Dyson, a Georgetown professor who in the past has said that Obama "runs from race like a black man runs from a cop."

"He dipped down into the resourceful pool of black oratory, soared high, and expressed the courage of blackness against the bastion of white supremacy and injustice and transcended color to join us all together," Dyson said after the speech.

"This wasn't a speech about race," Powell said. "It was a speech about the future of America. He touched all the bases: where we have been, where we are going, where we are now, and where we have to be.".....snip~

Powell says this was not a speech on Race. But Dyson shows exactly that it is. Yes Eric Dyson.....the black professor who likes to use big words and speak real fast. To make himself seem important, and to attempt to try and get people to think he is smarter than what he is. What I want to know is Who Gives A shit what Eric Dyson says or believes. Take his azz back to Princeton and STFU. Expressed the courage of Blackness against the bastion of White Supremacy. Reached down into the pool of black oratory??? WTF is that. Why is Dyson allowed to speak on television in the first place. Everytime this Ass speaks he causes more divisions in the Country. Also How in the World can Dyson even know what the bastion of White Supremacy is?

Why Cuz Obama spoke with some Southen Twang in his voice. What a joke. Anyone believe Obama comes from the South? Oooooow because he spoke with a Southern Drawl he was brilliant??? Even the writer of the piece. Just look what he writes for the Associated Press. "a sense of inescaple blackness??? WHAT the HELL is that suppose to mean. >:(

I know.....he was in a Black Hole! :D Thoughts?

Conley
10-17-2011, 08:13 AM
I wonder if there will ever be a 30 foot tall statue of Obama along the national mall. Somehow I doubt it. ;D

MMC
10-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I wonder if there will ever be a 30 foot tall statue of Obama along the national mall. Somehow I doubt it. ;D

Lets See there are Gold and Silver Coins, Books, Mags, Memorabillia, and according to this guy an inescapable blackness. Looks like they will begin seeking donations now.....huh?

Conley
10-17-2011, 09:26 AM

Lets See there are Gold and Silver Coins, Books, Mags, Memorabillia, and according to this guy an inescapable blackness. Looks like they will begin seeking donations now.....huh?

I thought the inescapable blackness was our economy. :-\ :-X

Mister D
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Obama is just trying to energize the black vote now that whites have largely abandoned him.