PDA

View Full Version : The Trump Dossier...

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 05:03 PM
...is basically a joke. That it became the basis for sweeping investigations of Trump and his associates is even more of a joke.

When you strip away all the hysteria and breathless innuendo surrounding the dossier, you're left with nothing except rumors from unnamed sources paid for by people who hate Trump.

How is that a legitimate pretext for an investigation?

If someone paid a private investigator to dig up dirt on you and the report accused you of criminal acts based on unnamed sources, would you be okay if the police decided to investigate you in order to clear the air?

Since when are unproven, unverifiable accusations made by anonymous sources a reason to investigate someone?

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 05:09 PM
A guy I hired told me that an anonymous source told him that Obama swore an oath of fealty to the Iranian Mullahs this one time. Clearly, we need to investigate this matter in order to clear the air. The facts must be known.

resister
07-12-2017, 05:14 PM
18689Among other things lol:)18690

Every single day it's the next jinga block that's gonna bring him down.:drinkupbitchesuo1:

resister
07-12-2017, 05:17 PM
A guy I hired told me that an anonymous source told him that Obama swore an oath of fealty to the Iranian Mullahs this one time. Clearly, we need to investigate this matter in order to clear the air. The facts must be known.My cousins friends brother in law heard that guy say it too. Gotta get to the bottom of this. Where there is smoke, there is surely fire!

Peter1469
07-12-2017, 05:20 PM
The dossier was ridiculous from the beginning.

del
07-12-2017, 05:24 PM
keep swinging, trumplings

resister
07-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Its actually the Democrats doing the impotent swinging. We are not the ones running around like chicken littles. lol

Peter1469
07-12-2017, 05:27 PM

I bet only one person who has posted in this thread voted for Trump.

del
07-12-2017, 05:37 PM

is there a point that you'd like to eventually make?

Bethere
07-12-2017, 05:41 PM

I'd take that bet. I'd win.

Tahuyaman
07-12-2017, 05:50 PM
I bet only one person who has posted in this thread voted for Trump. resister?

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Tell that to Robert Parry, you partisan chump.

Forgetting the ‘Dirty Dossier’ on Trump (https://consortiumnews.com/2017/07/10/forgetting-the-dirty-dossier-on-trump/)

Exclusive: The new Russia-gate furor is over Donald Trump Jr. meeting a Russian who claimed to have dirt on Hillary Clinton, but the Clinton team’s Russian cash-for-trash search against Trump Sr. is all but forgotten, writes Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

Yes, I realize that the editors of The New York Times long ago cast aside any journalistic professionalism to become charter members of the #Resistance against Donald Trump. But the latest frenzy over a meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer who was dangling the possibility of information about the Democrats receiving money from Russians represents one of the more remarkable moments of the entire Russia-gate hysteria.

Essentially, Trump’s oldest son is being accused of taking a meeting with a foreign national who claimed to have knowledge of potentially illegal activities by Trump’s Democratic rivals, although the promised information apparently turned out to be a dud.

Yet, on Monday, the Times led its newspaper with a story about this meeting – and commentators on MSNBC and elsewhere are labeling Trump Jr. a criminal if not a traitor for hearing out this lawyer.

Yet, no one seems to remember that Hillary Clinton supporters paid large sums of money, reportedly about $1 million, to have ex-British spy Christopher Steele use his Russian connections to dig up dirt on Trump inside Russia, resulting in a salacious dossier that Clinton backers eagerly hawked to the news media.

[...]

How does it feel knowing that a legendary progressive journalist thinks you're a gullible idiot?

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 05:57 PM
is there a point that you'd like to eventually make?
We're still waiting for you to make one.

del
07-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Tell that to Robert Parry, you partisan chump.

How does it feel knowing that a legendary progressive journalist thinks you're a gullible idiot?
did he mention me specifically?

del
07-12-2017, 06:04 PM
We're still waiting for you to make one.
do you know how to keep an asshole in suspense for 24 hours?

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 06:26 PM
did he mention me specifically?
He's referring to all the idiots who think as you do.

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 06:27 PM
do you know how to keep an $#@! in suspense for 24 hours?
Nobody is in suspense because you are utterly predictable and boring. Nobody expects you to say anything even slightly interesting or intelligent.

Peter1469
07-12-2017, 06:35 PM
I'd take that bet. I'd win.

Not from the point that I posted you wouldn't. Unless there were zero that voted Trump.

The Xl

Eh, you guys are the ones swinging wildly and inaccurately....

Peter1469
@resister (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2122)?
That was my guess.

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Eh, you guys are the ones swinging wildly and inaccurately....
If a "liberal" like del accuses you of something, then you can be pretty sure they are guilty of doing it themselves.

The Xl
07-12-2017, 06:38 PM
If a "liberal" like del accuses you of something, then you can be pretty sure they are guilty of doing it themselves.

Yeah.....he tries to act like a pseudo Sanders type Democrat, when all he really does is stooge for Hillary and the Democrat machine. Predictable and fraudulent.

jimmyz
07-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Posting here just so I can be the second poster in this thread that voted for Trump.

You may now refer to me as Jimmyz Trumpling... thank you.

Dr. Who
07-12-2017, 07:14 PM
So, we should all suspend reality and believe that Don Jr. was a hapless son just trying to help his Dad despite all evidence to the contrary.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-jr-admits-meeting-russian-lawyer-things-differently/story?id=48579001

Here's the thing. Hillary lost the election, so whatever wrongdoings that she is guilty of, they have no bearing on this government. This government is responsible for its own actions both during the campaign and post-election. If every dirty deed that any politician commits is absolved because X did Y five years ago, there will never be any accountability, just tit for tat corruption and a rubber stamp for needs justifying means regardless of the possible consequences. Responsible government begins and ends with responsible voters. If partisan party politics are more important than ethical behavior and the security of the nation, then the American people will be collectively fiddling while Rome burns.

MisterVeritis
07-12-2017, 07:31 PM
So, we should all suspend reality and believe that Don Jr. was a hapless son just trying to help his Dad despite all evidence to the contrary.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-jr-admits-meeting-russian-lawyer-things-differently/story?id=48579001

Here's the thing. Hillary lost the election, so whatever wrongdoings that she is guilty of, they have no bearing on this government. This government is responsible for its own actions both during the campaign and post-election. If every dirty deed that any politician commits is absolved because X did Y five years ago, there will never be any accountability, just tit for tat corruption and a rubber stamp for needs justifying means regardless of the possible consequences. Responsible government begins and ends with responsible voters. If partisan party politics are more important than ethical behavior and the security of the nation, then the American people will be collectively fiddling while Rome burns.
What wrongdoing do you believe you have uncovered, Who?

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Yeah.....he tries to act like a pseudo Sanders type Democrat, when all he really does is stooge for Hillary and the Democrat machine. Predictable and fraudulent.

https://media.tenor.com/images/680c5bb2448624b8a8be0aeb8b241f7e/tenor.gif

Crepitus
07-12-2017, 07:35 PM

Sadly, there has been a strong smell of smoke since the last election.

resister
07-12-2017, 07:51 PM
@resister (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2122)?
Sho, nuff! I proudly confess, got my right back in 2014.

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Sadly, there has been a strong smell of smoke since the last election.
It must be from the smoke the media's blowing up your ass... :grin:

Dr. Who
07-12-2017, 07:53 PM
What wrongdoing do you believe you have uncovered, Who?

If you can't see that trying to obtain dirt from a foreign government that is endeavoring to manipulate an election in your own nation in their own favor is problematic, there is nothing that I can say. You would forgive anything that gives your team the advantage, even if it is illegal.

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 07:55 PM
If you can't see that trying to obtain dirt from a foreign government that is endeavoring to manipulate an election in your own nation in their own favor is problematic, there is nothing that I can say. You would forgive anything that gives your team the advantage, even if it is illegal.

If you can't see that the Trump dossier is an obvious fraud perpetrated by Trump's enemies, then there is nothing I can say.

MisterVeritis
07-12-2017, 08:00 PM
So you haven't really uncovered a crime. Thanks.

resister
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM

Hold them all responsible, whether or not you won or lost, just stop frittering away tax $ in a witch hunt, before each new investigatory aspect is opened, produce evidence from the previous one.

resister
07-12-2017, 08:07 PM
If you can't see that trying to obtain dirt from a foreign government that is endeavoring to manipulate an election in your own nation in their own favor is problematic, there is nothing that I can say. You would forgive anything that gives your team the advantage, even if it is illegal.Opposistion research is common, do you think the Clintons never did so beyond the border? So what if it comes from abroad TRUTH FROM ANY SOURCE IS STILL TRUTH.

katzgar
07-12-2017, 08:12 PM
...is basically a joke. That it became the basis for sweeping investigations of Trump and his associates is even more of a joke.

When you strip away all the hysteria and breathless innuendo surrounding the dossier, you're left with nothing except rumors from unnamed sources paid for by people who hate Trump.

If someone paid a private investigator to dig up dirt on you and the report accused you of criminal acts based on unnamed sources, would you be okay if the police decided to investigate you in order to clear the air?

Since when are unproven, unverifiable accusations made by anonymous sources a reason to investigate someone?

all those bengazi investigations have a price. the birther crap has a price. calling michelle obama a monkey has a price. lies about obamacare not being bipartisan has a price. how does reality escape you?

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 08:13 PM
all those bengazi investigations have a price. the birther crap has a price. calling michelle obama a monkey has a price. lies about obamacare not being bipartisan has a price. how does reality escape you?

So you admit the Trump dossier is bullshit.

That's a good first step.

resister
07-12-2017, 08:27 PM
So you admit the Trump dossier is bullshit.

That's a good first step.Not only that but partisan retaliation for actual events by crooked!

Dr. Who
07-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Opposistion research is common, do you think the Clintons never did so beyond the border? So what if it comes from abroad TRUTH FROM ANY SOURCE IS STILL TRUTH.
I am speaking generally. I was never a Hillary supporter so never defended her.

Tahuyaman
07-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Sho, nuff! I proudly confess, got my right back in 2014. A man of integrity.

Tahuyaman
07-12-2017, 08:34 PM
lies about obamacare not being bipartisan has a price. how does reality escape you?

What was the final vote count on the ACA?

resister
07-12-2017, 08:36 PM
I am speaking generally. I was never a Hillary supporter so never defended her.
Well, you seem to think it is a new thing, it has been SOP since elections began. Got some dirt? I got some dough.

Keep it real!

Dr. Who
07-12-2017, 09:00 PM
If you can't see that the Trump dossier is an obvious fraud perpetrated by Trump's enemies, then there is nothing I can say.

Do you honestly think that the Russian government didn't have good reason to try to manipulate the election, from their own perspective? Of course they did. Hillary was the enemy of their anti-globalist agenda. I would expect that you of all people would have clarity on that issue. Donny ended up in a meeting arranged by an associate with a Kremlin lawyer that was promised to produce useful information about Hillary. He didn't have to agree, nor was he kidnapped and forced into the meeting. Donny admitted it - there is no fraud. The powers that be are depending on people giving him a pass and not considering the implications. It appears to be working.

MisterVeritis
07-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Do you honestly think that the Russian government didn't have good reason to try to manipulate the election, from their own perspective? Of course they did. Hillary was the enemy of their anti-globalist agenda. I would expect that you of all people would have clarity on that issue. Donny ended up in a meeting arranged by an associate with a Kremlin lawyer that was promised to produce useful information about Hillary. He didn't have to agree, nor was he kidnapped and forced into the meeting. Donny admitted it - there is no fraud. The powers that be are depending on people giving him a pass and not considering the implications. It appears to be working.
There are no implications.

Tahuyaman
07-12-2017, 11:00 PM
The dossier was ridiculous from the beginning.

John McCain fell for it.

Tahuyaman
07-12-2017, 11:07 PM
...Hillary was the enemy of their anti-globalist agenda...

You'll need to explain how you came to form that opinion.

I don't think Russia cares who we elect as our president. I believe they are content watch us slide farther and farther away from the principles which our nation was founded upon. They know that's not going to change any time soon.

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Do you honestly think that the Russian government didn't have good reason to try to manipulate the election, from their own perspective?

Do you honestly think there is a shred of evidence that Russia actually "manipulated" the outcome of the US presidential elections? Or that Trump was involved in it? Because I see none.

Ethereal
07-12-2017, 11:46 PM
There are no implications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1lc6KASWg

hanger4
07-13-2017, 06:29 AM

"Do you honestly think that the Russian government didn't have good reason to try to manipulate the election"

Of course they do, as we do theirs, but one fact most seem to ignore, the hackers (supposedly Russian) tried and failed the gain access to the RNC server/s also. If they (supposedly Russian) were all intent on defeating HRC why try to access the RNC server/s ??

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 08:11 AM
John McCain fell for it.

He is senile

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 08:16 AM
Moscow has attempted to influence our (and others) elections and the public trust in them since 1919. We do the same to others to include using war and assassination when elections don't go our way.

Tahuyaman
07-13-2017, 09:47 AM
Moscow has attempted to influence our (and others) elections and the public trust in them since 1919. We do the same to others to include using war and assassination when elections don't go our way.

They are undermining our democracy right now with the willing help of the media and political establishment elites.

Casper
07-13-2017, 01:18 PM

The Investigation Is going to Continue, wrap your head around that.
If there is nothing to find then you and trump have nothing to worry about. Me thinks you easily discount all the links already proven between trump advisors and administration staff, but know that had this been a Democrat you would be screaming Lock Em Up.

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 02:59 PM
If there is nothing to find then you and trump have nothing to worry about. Me thinks you easily discount all the links already proven between trump advisors and administration staff, but know that had this been a Democrat you would be screaming Lock Em Up.
Based on what?

President Trump is not under investigation. This coup attempt is designed to stop Trump's domestic agenda. If we had Republicans of courage it would not matter. but we don't.

We have actual events on the Democratic side. Who is investigating the Democrats? We have idiots and weak people as leaders.

Dr. Who
07-13-2017, 05:32 PM
"Do you honestly think that the Russian government didn't have good reason to try to manipulate the election"

Of course they do, as we do theirs, but one fact most seem to ignore, the hackers (supposedly Russian) tried and failed the gain access to the RNC server/s also. If they (supposedly Russian) were all intent on defeating HRC why try to access the RNC server/s ??

Why not. It's always good to have something to hold over someone's head.

hanger4
07-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Why not. It's always good to have something to hold over someone's head.

Sure, and to sow discord through the entire US election process.

Dr. Who
07-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Sure, and to sow discord through the entire US election process.

I'm pretty sure that Putin wouldn't have a problem with that. A divided America is a weaker America.

Ethereal
07-13-2017, 08:00 PM

The investigation is a farce based on nothing substantial. Naturally, such an investigation would continue on indefinitely, as do most fishing expeditions and witch hunts.

If there is nothing to find then you and trump have nothing to worry about.

I'm not worried at all. I think it's great the way the Democrats are ripping apart the union in order to destroy Trump on behalf of imperialist neocons who want war with Russia.

Me thinks you easily discount all the links already proven between trump advisors and administration staff, but know that had this been a Democrat you would be screaming Lock Em Up.

It sounds like you're just projecting your own partisan feelings onto me, because I criticize Republicans and Trump pretty frequently. The difference is that my criticisms are legitimate.

Ethereal
07-13-2017, 08:01 PM
This coup attempt is designed to stop Trump's domestic agenda.

Man, you really do miss the plot sometimes.

It's clearly about stopping his foreign policy agenda, especially with regards to Russia.

How can you not see that?