PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Democrat files first articles of impeachment against Donald Trump

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Democrat files first articles of impeachment against Donald Trump (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-impeachment-bill-obstruction-justice-democrats-file-house-russia-investigation-a7838141.html)

A Democratic representative has introduced the first formal article of impeachment against President Donald Trump (http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/DonaldTrump).

Representative Brad Sherman alleges Mr Trump committed obstruction of justice by firing former FBI Director James Comey (http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/james-comey) amid agency investigations into Russian meddling in the US election.

"Such conduct," Mr Sherman writes in the article, "warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office."

It won't go anywhere.

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Democrat files first articles of impeachment against Donald Trump (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-impeachment-bill-obstruction-justice-democrats-file-house-russia-investigation-a7838141.html)
It won't go anywhere.
They, the Democrats, should still be punished.

Agent Zero
07-13-2017, 05:04 PM
It won't go anywhere.

I thought they were filed last week, but good. We really don't need to prolong this although I still believe he'll resign once he grants clemency to family and friends.

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 05:12 PM
I doubt it.

Casper
07-13-2017, 05:23 PM

It won't go anywhere.
Correct, so far as we know now trump has done nothing that warrants charges, a trial, impeachment, or removal from office.
So Far..............

del
07-13-2017, 05:25 PM
the republicans won't do a thing

it's what they're good at- nothing

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 05:26 PM
We wouldn't be $20T in debt if all elected politicians did the same.

del
07-13-2017, 05:27 PM
the debt is meaningless

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 05:31 PM
the debt is meaningless

:smiley:

By 2023 (https://www.cbo.gov/about/products/budget_economic_data#3), spending on net interest payments will surpass spending on national defense.

link (http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-taxpayers-dont-realize-theyre-paying-billions-service-the-17796)

Tahuyaman
07-13-2017, 05:32 PM

It won't go anywhere.

I listened to the clown describe his evidence for the obstruction of justice charges. It was a hoot.

Tahuyaman
07-13-2017, 05:33 PM

the debt is meaningless

What?

Tahuyaman
07-13-2017, 05:34 PM
I thought they were filed last week, but good. We really don't need to prolong this although I still believe he'll resign once he grants clemency to family and friends.

Why would he do that when no one is going to be convicted of a crime, let alone be indicted for anything criminal?

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 05:34 PM
I listened to the clown describe his evidence for the obstruction of justice charges. It was a hoot.

Right. Comey served at the pleasure of the President.

Tahuyaman
07-13-2017, 05:43 PM

It was hilarious listening to him try to explain how Trump obstructed an investigation that is ongoing right now and one which Trump was quoted as saying that he wanted to continue so he could find out if anyone associated with his campaign did anything wrong.

The the guy said that he finished his articles of impeachment several months ago. I bet he started working on them on election night.

Casper
07-13-2017, 05:47 PM

True, as do all the various LE or Intel Agencies. Now I would suggest that making an enemy of those agencies is a Very Bad Idea. Firing Comey is not the bigger issue facing trump, it was within his rights, even if it did make him look bad. Attacking all the various agencies is another thing and is paramount to signing your own death warrant. Wrong people to mess with, You know it, and so do I.

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 05:59 PM
True, as do all the various LE or Intel Agencies. Now I would suggest that making an enemy of those agencies is a Very Bad Idea. Firing Comey is not the bigger issue facing trump, it was within his rights, even if it did make him look bad. Attacking all the various agencies is another thing and is paramount to signing your own death warrant. Wrong people to mess with, You know it, and so do I.
So you agree the intelligence community is deeply involved in this coup attempt.

Peter1469
07-13-2017, 06:01 PM

agreed

Agent Zero
07-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Why would he do that when no one is going to be convicted of a crime, let alone be indicted for anything criminal?

Refresh my memory...what crime was Nixon convicted of? What crime was Nixon indicted for?

Why, in fact, did Nixon resign?

Because he a. Lied to the American people, and b. Obstructed justice.

Next question?

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:10 PM

hmmmm. illegals being rounded up or fleeing the country, rolling back EPA regs, Obamacare is in the toilet....nope .do nothing..........hahahahahahahah, Hillary is finished...........the economy is in an upswing
oh, and BTW, we just clinched a hell of a deal trade-wise with Japan.....

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Refresh my memory...what crime was Nixon convicted of? What crime was Nixon indicted for?

Next question?

What else was different? Oh, yeah. There was an actual crime. The left media and the Democrats have consistently lied to the American people. They are involved in a coup attempt.

Agent Zero
07-13-2017, 06:19 PM
What else was different? Oh, yeah. There was an actual crime. The left media and the Democrats have consistently lied to the American people. They are involved in a coup attempt.
Then may I suggest you strap on your musket, hike up them boots, wash the sheets, trade in the capirote for a tri-cornered hat, and start the revolution?

Resist the Resistors!

katzgar
07-13-2017, 06:30 PM
hmmmm. illegals being rounded up or fleeing the country, rolling back EPA regs, Obamacare is in the toilet....nope .do nothing..........hahahahahahahah, Hillary is finished...........the economy is in an upswing

more right wing making stuff up

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:31 PM
more right wing making stuff up

interpreted:
blah blah, blah blah blah

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Then may I suggest you strap on your musket, hike up them boots, wash the sheets, trade in the capirote for a tri-cornered hat, and start the revolution?

Resist the Resistors!
It will come to blows. I am certain of it.

katzgar
07-13-2017, 06:34 PM

:fart:

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Childish.

Casper
07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
So you agree the intelligence community is deeply involved in this coup attempt.
Being that there is no coup attempt other than in your head, No.

Attacking the US Intel Agencies is a Fools Errand, so Yes, we have a Fool at the helm.

katzgar
07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
interpreted:
blah blah, blah blah blah

:loser:

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:38 PM
oh goody, more cartoons

:happy1:

katzgar
07-13-2017, 06:38 PM
Childish.

just trying to fit in

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:41 PM
just trying to fit in
then you need to wait for exo to get back

Casper
I bet you believe that, and agree that pollution is "good", except that no one has a plan that will unclog the toilet, who care about Hillary (other than you it seems), oh someone really has sold you a bill of goods, wait until you try and cash it in. Not a done deal yet, nice try though.

MisterVeritis
Being that there is no coup attempt other than in your head, No.

Attacking the US Intel Agencies is a Fools Errand, so Yes, we have a Fool at the helm.
If the intelligence community is to be feared and they are punishing the President in what way does this differ from a coup?

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 06:42 PM
just trying to fit in
You are a leftist. I get it. Childish.

MisterVeritis
07-13-2017, 06:43 PM
I bet you believe that, and agree that pollution is "good", except that no one has a plan that will unclog the toilet, who care about Hillary (other than you it seems), oh someone really has sold you a bill of goods, wait until you try and cash it in. Not a done deal yet, nice try though.
You have no idea what the EPA has been doing, do you?

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:54 PM

since you can only disagree with your false claims of climate warming, you seem bright enough for this:
The planet is 4.5 billion years old agree/disagree
This ball of dirt has been changing since it was formed agree/disagree
Man has been around for, say 400,000 agree/disagree
Man's pollution has been around for approx. 250 years agree/disagree
Man has little affect on this planet. Current volcanic activity, both above sea level and below, pumps more toxins in the air than Man has.
This so-called global warming/climate change is part of the ongoing evolution of the planet. All the money in the universe wont stop the change.

stjames1_53
07-13-2017, 06:57 PM
You have no idea what the EPA has been doing, do you?

yeah.........didn't they dump toxins in some river on purpose, somewhere out west?

Casper
07-13-2017, 07:02 PM
since you can only disagree with your false claims of climate warming, you seem bright enough for this:
The planet is 4.5 billion years old agree/disagree
This ball of dirt has been changing since it was formed agree/disagree
Man has been around for, say 400,000 agree/disagree
Man's pollution has been around for approx. 250 years agree/disagree
Man has little affect on this planet. Current volcanic activity, both above sea level and below, pumps more toxins in the air than Man has.
This so-called global warming/climate change is part of the ongoing evolution of the planet. All the money in the universe wont stop the change.
Where did I mention global warming, hmmmm, I will wait while you put your crack pipe down.

Tahuyaman
07-13-2017, 07:56 PM

Next question?
Nixon wasn't indicted or convicted of anything. Next question

Tahuyaman
07-13-2017, 08:00 PM
The only crine Trump is guilty of is defeating Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Ethereal
07-13-2017, 08:07 PM
the debt is meaningless

This statement is meaningless, and stupid.

del
07-13-2017, 08:09 PM
i applaud your self-awareness

Hal Jordan
07-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Where did I mention global warming, hmmmm, I will wait while you put your crack pipe down.
Do not suggest drug use of other members.

Captain Obvious
07-13-2017, 11:51 PM

It won't go anywhere.

The takeaway is that all of this should be noted by conservative voters and especially when democrats regain control again.

It's all leading up to civil war IMO. Might not be anytime soon but it will happen and it's the only real hope for the Republic as far as I'm concerned. Another term of progressive rule will be disastrous.

hotair
07-14-2017, 12:39 AM

It won't go anywhere.

Sure it will.

It was the plan from the beginning.

Put a tea bagger (Pence) on the ticket, as VP.
Impeach Trump.
Tea bagger in the White House!!!

It is the only way that the tea baggers can get one of their people in the WH!

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 03:33 AM
The only crine Trump is guilty of is defeating Hillary Clinton in 2016.
and to date, that's no where near illegal.............man, these guys have it bad for losing nothing

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 03:34 AM
Sure it will.

Impeach Trump.

you can keep Pence..........he's a sell out

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 03:35 AM
Sure it will.

Impeach Trump.

Pence is hardly a tea bag..........what is it with you guys and sexual assault? Is this a lifestyle or just a dream?

Peter1469
07-14-2017, 04:18 AM
Sure it will.

Impeach Trump.

Pence is not Tea Party(ies).

Anyway, the obstruction of justice charge is a strike out.

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 04:47 AM

Some Hoosiers consider him a RINO.....jes sayin'

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 04:59 AM

and off topic.............

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 04:21 PM
guess those articles ended up in file 13...................

Tahuyaman
07-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Some Hoosiers consider him a RINO.....jes sayin'

Its odd how the partisan Democrats portray him as a hard right winger. He's anything but.

hotair
07-15-2017, 02:47 AM
and to date, that's no where near illegal.............man, these guys have it bad for losing nothing

Danger Will Robinson!

There is nothing in the constitution about anything being either “Legal” or “Illegal.” Any President can be impeached for any reason. Having been impeached that President can then be removed from office. The office of the Precedency is not absolute, our Constitution requires the President to work with Congress. As such a congress can remove any President by way of impeachment simply for vetoing too many bills. Yes the POTUS is an elected official, but everyone in the congress has also been elected to their offices too.

hotair
07-15-2017, 02:55 AM
yeah.........didn't they dump toxins in some river on purpose, somewhere out west?

Kind of.

It was out East.
At least the one that I know of.

The release was necessary. The materials needed to be removed, and no one had the money to do it properly. Allowing the river to dilute, and disperse the toxins, though not an ideal solution, was deemed to be better than allowing them so leak down into the ground water poisoning the source of the drinking water for the region.

The question here is: Why did the W admin allow the situation to reach the critical point requiring such drastic measures?

hotair
07-15-2017, 03:05 AM

Funny . . . his record as governor indicates that he is a tea bagger. The rest of the tea baggers believe that he is one of them. A tea bagger by any other name . . .

While being anything but a strike out (to use your words) it is meaningless in any conversation concerning impeachment proceedings. The obstruction of justice charge, only means that after he has been impeached he would become subject for criminal prosecution, and if convicted, thrown into prison.

stjames1_53
07-15-2017, 06:01 AM
Danger Will Robinson!

There is nothing in the constitution about anything being either “Legal” or “Illegal.” Any President can be impeached for any reason. Having been impeached that President can then be removed from office. The office of the Precedency is not absolute, our Constitution requires the President to work with Congress. As such a congress can remove any President by way of impeachment simply for vetoing too many bills. Yes the POTUS is an elected official, but everyone in the congress has also been elected to their offices too.

Obama: "Since Congress wont do what I want them to do, I have a pen and a phone."
But working against Congress is ok for Obama........gotcha

Peter1469
07-15-2017, 07:13 AM
Danger Will Robinson!

For any reason isn't in the Constitution either.

Try high crimes and misdemeanors. Then research the meaning of that phrase to our Founders and how it has been interpreted over the years.

stjames1_53
07-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Kind of.

It was out East.

The release was necessary. The materials needed to be removed, and no one had the money to do it properly. Allowing the river to dilute, and disperse the toxins, though not an ideal solution, was deemed to be better than allowing them so leak down into the ground water poisoning the source of the drinking water for the region.

The question here is: Why did the W admin allow the situation to reach the critical point requiring such drastic measures?

EPA chief attempts damage control after spill of toxic waste into Colorado’s Animas river
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/08/12/epa-chief-seeks-damage-control-after-spill-of-toxic-waste-into-colorado-river/?utm_term=.e53ad51ecd35

stjames1_53
07-15-2017, 07:28 AM
Funny . . . his record as governor indicates that he is a tea bagger. The rest of the tea baggers believe that he is one of them. A tea bagger by any other name . . .

While being anything but a strike out (to use your words) it is meaningless in any conversation concerning impeachment proceedings. The obstruction of justice charge, only means that after he has been impeached he would become subject for criminal prosecution, and if convicted, thrown into prison.

I live in Indiana. I've net Pence.
He's no Tea Party guy.
Trust me when I say this: If you get Trump out, you really don't want Pence in there. He'll be vindictive as hell.....
you'll never get both of them.....

MisterVeritis
07-15-2017, 07:37 AM
Kind of.

It was out East.

Nice try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Gold_King_Mine_waste_water_spill

The 2015 Gold King Mine waste water spill was an environmental disaster (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_disaster) that began at the Gold King Mine near Silverton, Colorado (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverton,_Colorado),[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Gold_King_Mine_waste_water_spill#cite_note-2) when EPA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Environmental_Protection_Agency) personnel, along with workers for Environmental Restoration LLC (a Missouri company under EPA contract to mitigate pollutants from the closed mine), caused the release of toxic waste water into the Animas River watershed.

Peter1469
07-15-2017, 07:39 AM
Pence is religious right. Not sure how high up the big government scale he is.

I live in Indiana. I've net Pence.
He's no Tea Party guy.
Trust me when I say this: If you get Trump out, you really don't want Pence in there. He'll be vindictive as hell.....
you'll never get both of them.....

stjames1_53
07-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Pence is religious right. Not sure how high up the big government scale he is.

Trump is not a politician, but a business man. Pence is the part of him that's missing. That's why he chose him to be VP. Pence is no negotiator.