PDA

View Full Version : Evergreen Student: ‘I’m Not Allowed To Speak Because I’m White’

Common
07-14-2017, 05:18 PM
No comment necessary, this article speaks for itself.

Evergreen State College in Washington has been the subject of outrage ever since one of its professors, Bret Weinstein, was driven from campus for rejecting progressive student activist demands to remove white people from the campus in a “Day of Absence.” Addressing the school’s Board of Trustees this Wednesday, Weinstein and student speakers spoke out on the issue.
One student, who identified herself only by her last name, MacKenzie, stated that she was prevented from voicing her opinions on any issue at the school all because she is white and labeled a “white supremacist” for offering any sort of viewpoint.
“If you offer any sort of alternative viewpoint, which I do have, and you’re kind of the enemy,” said MacKenzie, whose statement was transcribed in part by HotAir (http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/13/evergreen-student-school-seems-focuses-much-race-actually-becoming-racist/). “I don’t agree with the behavior that has been shown on the campus and unlike what Anne Fischel [a previous speaker] has said, I think it’s important to focus on the way this was handled.”
“This behavior has actually been encouraged and because of this I feel like people are becoming more violent and the campus is becoming more of an unsafe place,” she continued. “I have been to several meetings to speak. I’ve been told several times that I’m not allowed to speak because I’m white.”
“This school seems to focus so much on race that it is actually becoming more racist in a different sort of way. And because I say that—because I choose not to focus on race I have actually been labeled a racist and a white supremacist. If anyone took the time to actually know me, it’s not true at all,” she said.
Professor Weinstein says that Evergreen “descended into literal anarchy” for days following the protests. He says that the school had lost complete control of the environment. Heat Street previously reported (https://heatst.com/culture-wars/evergreen-state-college-is-having-issues-with-roaming-bands-of-bat-wielding-vigilantes/) that progressive activists at the college had formed a militia, armed with baseball bats, to perform what they called “community policing.”
“Do you know that the college descended into literal anarchy?” said Weinstein. “For days the campus was not under control of the state, it was under the control of protesters. There were assaults, there were batteries, there was pressure not to report crimes to the police. People were, by the legal definition I believe, kidnapped and imprisoned. That included faculty members and administrators. Others were hunted on the campus.”
“Lawless bands roamed the campus unimpeded. Police were physically and intentionally blocked by protesters,” he continued. “Police were cruelly, systematically and personally taunted. They were humiliated and forced to stand down by the president. Students that held different opinions were, by the protesters own analysis, stalked, harassed … their names, pictures, addresses, and phone numbers were distributed online.”
Weinstein concluded his remarks to state that the code of conduct designed to protect students, teachers, and police officers was effectively suspended by Evergreen College President George Bridges, giving activists “license to threaten others.”
https://youtu.be/OQ8WQnsm14Y

“If you offer any sort of alternative viewpoint, which I do have, and you’re kind of the enemy,” said MacKenzie, whose statement was transcribed in part by HotAir (http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/13/evergreen-student-school-seems-focuses-much-race-actually-becoming-racist/). “I don’t agree with the behavior that has been shown on the campus and unlike what Anne Fischel [a previous speaker] has said, I think it’s important to focus on the way this was handled.”
“This behavior has actually been encouraged and because of this I feel like people are becoming more violent and the campus is becoming more of an unsafe place,” she continued. “I have been to several meetings to speak. I’ve been told several times that I’m not allowed to speak because I’m white.”
“This school seems to focus so much on race that it is actually becoming more racist in a different sort of way. And because I say that—because I choose not to focus on race I have actually been labeled a racist and a white supremacist. If anyone took the time to actually know me, it’s not true at all,” she said.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/14/evergreen-student-im-not-allowed-to-speak-because-im-white/

del
07-14-2017, 05:24 PM
snowflakes abound

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 05:33 PM

Evergreen State College in Washington has been the subject of outrage ever since one of its professors, Bret Weinstein, was driven from campus for rejecting progressive student activist demands to remove white people from the campus in a “Day of Absence.” Addressing the school’s Board of Trustees this Wednesday, Weinstein and student speakers spoke out on the issue.
One student, who identified herself only by her last name, MacKenzie, stated that she was prevented from voicing her opinions on any issue at the school all because she is white and labeled a “white supremacist” for offering any sort of viewpoint.
Professor Weinstein says that Evergreen “descended into literal anarchy” for days following the protests. He says that the school had lost complete control of the environment. Heat Street previously reported (https://heatst.com/culture-wars/evergreen-state-college-is-having-issues-with-roaming-bands-of-bat-wielding-vigilantes/) that progressive activists at the college had formed a militia, armed with baseball bats, to perform what they called “community policing.”
“Do you know that the college descended into literal anarchy?” said Weinstein. “For days the campus was not under control of the state, it was under the control of protesters. There were assaults, there were batteries, there was pressure not to report crimes to the police. People were, by the legal definition I believe, kidnapped and imprisoned. That included faculty members and administrators. Others were hunted on the campus.”
“Lawless bands roamed the campus unimpeded. Police were physically and intentionally blocked by protesters,” he continued. “Police were cruelly, systematically and personally taunted. They were humiliated and forced to stand down by the president. Students that held different opinions were, by the protesters own analysis, stalked, harassed … their names, pictures, addresses, and phone numbers were distributed online.”
Weinstein concluded his remarks to state that the code of conduct designed to protect students, teachers, and police officers was effectively suspended by Evergreen College President George Bridges, giving activists “license to threaten others.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/14/evergreen-student-im-not-allowed-to-speak-because-im-white/

they, the lie-berals, like to think that there will be no repercussions................

Standing Wolf
07-14-2017, 05:55 PM
snowflakes abound

Would you like to tell us who you think the "snowflake" is in the story cited in the OP, del?

Standing Wolf
07-14-2017, 05:58 PM
they, the lie-berals, like to think that there will be no repercussions................

You would be hard pressed to find one Liberal in a hundred who is anything but horrified and embarrassed by what has gone on at Evergreen, SJ. That "school" should have been shut down months ago - by the National Guard if necessary.

Common
07-14-2017, 06:23 PM
I read this morning that parents are finally taking long looks at the schools that dont teach and just preach. They are moving their kids to other schools.

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 07:25 PM
You would be hard pressed to find one Liberal in a hundred who is anything but horrified and embarrassed by what has gone on at Evergreen, SJ. That "school" should have been shut down months ago - by the National Guard if necessary.

normally, I would totally agree with you. But the current trend in higher education is to run off students who don't claim black suffrage.
Even at IU, there's a white apologist English teacher who lied through her damned teeth about Martin. I started to disagree, but realized she was holding my "A" hostage...I did wait until a month ago to confront her. Sh!t, she didn't know how old he was. Her claim was that he was 12 years old and was shot for reaching into his hoody hood for a small bag of Skittles...no kidding

stjames1_53
07-14-2017, 07:26 PM
I read this morning that parents are finally taking long looks at the schools that dont teach and just preach. They are moving their kids to other schools.

for now, they are few and far between...............

resister
07-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Any white people should abandon that place del what do you think of Standing Wolfs question to you?

Mister D
07-14-2017, 07:52 PM
Any white people should abandon that place @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770) what do you think of Standing Wolfs question to you?
del doesn't take positions other than mindless cynicism. You should know that by now.

Tahuyaman
07-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Several elected officials in Washington state are trying to eliminate state funding for Evergreen State. Already they have suffered a dramatic reduction in applications for next school year.

This school is an embarrassment. I don't know how it can be considered an institution of higher learning.

Tahuyaman
07-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Any white people should abandon that place @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770) what do you think of Standing Wolfs question to you?

He's trying to form an idiotic one liner right now.

resister
07-14-2017, 07:54 PM
del doesn't take positions other than mindless cynicism. You should know that by now.Just checking for a pulse! :)

del
07-14-2017, 08:02 PM
it seems interrogatory in nature.

what do you think, using the term with extreme abandon?

Common
07-14-2017, 08:09 PM
del doesn't take positions other than mindless cynicism. You should know that by now.

You forgot trolling along with the cynicism, I just blow past his nonesense

Mister D
07-14-2017, 08:14 PM
You forgot trolling along with the cynicism, I just blow past his nonesense

I didn't say the man was consistent. His cynicism appears more often with respect to a certain party than the other.

resister
07-14-2017, 08:33 PM

You really want to know? Not up for an infraction tonight! :)

Tahuyaman
07-14-2017, 08:33 PM

He's trying to form an idiotic one liner right now.

Correct that. An idiotic two liner.

resister
07-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Correct that. An idiotic two liner.
Nice dodge, right? Actually, kinda lamo!

Tahuyaman
07-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Nice dodge, right? Actually, kinda lamo!

It's difficult to say what was going through his mind when he posted that one.

Standing Wolf
07-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Several elected officials in Washington state are trying to eliminate state funding for Evergreen State. Already they have suffered a dramatic reduction in applications for next school year.

This school is an embarrassment. I don't know how it can be considered an institution of higher learning.

My youngest son and his best friend went there for a year, then both decided they really needed to attend a real school. Not a single credit they earned was transferable; I wonder what if any accreditation it even has. He told me recently that when he was there most of the kids actually went to class fewer than ten hours a week and mostly just hung out and smoked dope. The way he described it, it sort of resembled a hippy commune without the work ethic. He also mentioned that there was a strong injection of "feminist theory" in every class - even the few science classes they offered.

The Xl
07-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Considering evergreens history, this wouldn't be that surprising.

Tahuyaman
07-14-2017, 11:00 PM
My youngest son and his best friend went there for a year, then both decided they really needed to attend a real school. Not a single credit they earned was transferable; I wonder what if any accreditation it even has. He told me recently that when he was there most of the kids actually went to class fewer than ten hours a week and mostly just hung out and smoked dope. The way he described it, it sort of resembled a hippy commune without the work ethic. He also mentioned that there was a strong injection of "feminist theory" in every class - even the few science classes they offered.

They used to have a business program which was the exact opposite as their liberal arts side. It was fairly conservative, but that was a long time ago

I went there for one semester until my parents came down for dad's weekend. They were not pleased.

The army did not accept the ten credits I earned there. No letter grades we're given. The grades were pass / fail.

Now, many local business won't even interview Evergreen State grads.

leekohler2
07-15-2017, 01:26 AM

Really? People are moving their kids out of Bob Jones University? Well, that's encouraging.

resister
07-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Really? People are moving their kids out of Bob Jones University? Well, that's encouraging.
Jim Jones?

leekohler2
07-15-2017, 01:30 AM

It does seem like a silly place. And it needs to be looked into for sure. But I notice none of our conservative friends mind Bob Jones or other such "Universities" where certain students also have no voice.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bob-jones-university-greenville

Don't like a particular university? Well, don't go there. No one is being forced to go.

leekohler2
07-15-2017, 01:31 AM
Jim Jones?

Pretty much. See above.

resister
07-15-2017, 01:34 AM
Pretty much. See above.
lol

leekohler2
07-15-2017, 01:41 AM
lol

Craziness, here's their handbook:

http://www.bju.edu/life-faith/student-handbook.pdf

For a guide through it:

https://www.joshuakennon.com/bob-jones-university-student-handbook/

What's going on at Evergreen is definitely not OK in my book, but for some reason, no one seems to have an issue with this fucked up place. It goes both ways, folks.

Neither one is good. One of my nephews goes to this shithole. Talk about indoctrination.

Grokmaster
07-15-2017, 09:13 PM

The tolerance of the brownshirts of the left continues to mirror the ORIGINAL "BROWNSHIRTS"....

resister
07-15-2017, 09:32 PM
It does seem like a silly place. And it needs to be looked into for sure. But I notice none of our conservative friends mind Bob Jones or other such "Universities" where certain students also have no voice.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bob-jones-university-greenville

Don't like a particular university? Well, don't go there. No one is being forced to go.
Sounds like great idea for a thread of your very own! This one is about evergreen!

donttread
07-16-2017, 06:38 AM

This is institutionalized racism. Pull their eligibility for government grants like TAP and Pell and government sponsored student loans . Enough is enough!

DGUtley
07-16-2017, 06:42 AM
It is institutionalized racism.

Ransom
07-16-2017, 07:05 AM
Then to Berkeley and Missouri, correct?

Private Pickle
07-16-2017, 07:19 AM

For a guide through it:

What's going on at Evergreen is definitely not OK in my book, but for some reason, no one seems to have an issue with this fucked up place. It goes both ways, folks.

Neither one is good. One of my nephews goes to this shithole. Talk about indoctrination.

Always has to be a comparison to justify of deflect.... It happens on both sides BTW and it's one of the reasons we are where we are at in this country.

Bo-4
07-16-2017, 07:46 AM
Why that poor, persecuted little snowflake - clearly life has dealt her a crappy hand!

*How did i know that from subject line, the source would be DailyCaller?

:grin:

Ransom
07-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Bo will defend racism and misogyny if it plays into his disingenuous agenda. Know that.

The Xl
07-16-2017, 10:44 AM
Why that poor, persecuted little snowflake - clearly life has dealt her a crappy hand!

*How did i know that from subject line, the source would be DailyCaller?

:grin:

What are responses like this even supposed to mean?

Standing Wolf
07-16-2017, 11:20 AM
What are responses like this even supposed to mean?

I read Bo's response this way: As a super-privileged White person, she can obviously just pick up and go to whatever other school she wants to attend. Since she is White, she cannot be a victim, and she should just shut up and reflect on what an easy road she has before her and how great her life is.

resister
07-16-2017, 11:41 AM
I read Bo's response this way: As a super-privileged White person, she can obviously just pick up and go to whatever other school she wants to attend. Since she is White, she cannot be a victim, and she should just shut up and reflect on what an easy road she has before her and how great her life is.Are you sure you are a liberal? Come to the dark side, we have cookies! :)

Grokmaster
07-16-2017, 02:20 PM

For a guide through it:

What's going on at Evergreen is definitely not OK in my book, but for some reason, no one seems to have an issue with this $#@!ed up place. It goes both ways, folks.

Neither one is good. One of my nephews goes to this $#@!hole. Talk about indoctrination.

Bullshit. There are plenty of black students at Bob Jones U., and married black students have always been welcome there, if seriously interested in the ministry.

You're desperately trying to pretend that 40+ years ago = TODAY. More leftist NONSENSE.

The Xl
07-16-2017, 02:27 PM
I read Bo's response this way: As a super-privileged White person, she can obviously just pick up and go to whatever other school she wants to attend. Since she is White, she cannot be a victim, and she should just shut up and reflect on what an easy road she has before her and how great her life is.

Probably, and if so, it's quite ridiculous and even racist.

Grokmaster
07-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Probably, and if so, it's quite ridiculous and even racist.

An absolute example of more black, anti-white racism...

Croft
07-16-2017, 02:32 PM
I've been saying for ages that cleaning up the universities and ending the commissar stuff is a fundamental. I'm still waiting for Trump to start talking about it. At the moment the situation is cult like.

Standing Wolf
07-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Are you sure you are a liberal? Come to the dark side, we have cookies!

Don't tell anybody...but we Liberals have better cookies. :wink:

Cthulhu
07-16-2017, 02:45 PM
I've been saying for ages that cleaning up the universities and ending the commissar stuff is a fundamental. I'm still waiting for Trump to start talking about it. At the moment the situation is cult like.
It is kinda hilarious when you go to some of these colleges.

I went to byui for a time. You can talk about pretty much any idea you want there. Nice campus and such. Not perfect obviously.

It is kryptonite to anti theists though.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Grokmaster
07-16-2017, 02:48 PM
It is kinda hilarious when you go to some of these colleges.

I went to byui for a time. You can talk about pretty much any idea you want there. Nice campus and such. Not perfect obviously.

It is kryptonite to anti theists though.

Perhaps because it is a religious institution, as protected under the US Constititution? Atheists are just as bigoted as are the college leftists, and constantly seek to attack those with whom they do no agree, instead of live and let live.

They could stand to chill out a bit, themselves....

Cthulhu
07-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Perhaps because it is a religious institution, as protected under the US Constititution? Atheists are just as bigoted as are the college leftists, and constantly seek to attack those with whom they do no agree, instead of live and let live.

They could stand to chill out a bit, themselves....
Perhaps.

But I don't really have a beef with atheists, just anti theists.

Ransom
07-16-2017, 04:32 PM

But, Bo being a white male.......that trumps a white female who can only be white....not white and male thus not really true super privileged. ok?

Ransom
07-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Don't tell anybody...but we Liberals have better cookies. :wink:

But never serve milk. Animal product. Gluten.

leekohler2
07-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Sounds like great idea for a thread of your very own! This one is about evergreen!

You know what? You're right.

leekohler2
07-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Bull$#@!. There are plenty of black students at Bob Jones U., and married black students have always been welcome there, if seriously interested in the ministry.

You're desperately trying to pretend that 40+ years ago = TODAY. More leftist NONSENSE.

I linked you to their current handbook. It's directly from the university itself. The other link just points you to certain pages in it. Those pages in the handbook exist to this day.

If you have issues with anything contained in the handbook, I suggest you contact Bob Jones University. I had nothing to do with their handbook.

leekohler2
07-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Always has to be a comparison to justify of deflect.... It happens on both sides BTW and it's one of the reasons we are where we are at in this country.

I actually agree with you.

resister
07-16-2017, 09:24 PM
You know what? You're right.
I look forward to it!