PDA

View Full Version : Poor Petraeus. Shated for what I think is exemplary behaviour.

Awryly
11-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Take a look at his wife. Then consider his mistress.

"All In" is the latter's account of her experience with the general.

I assume she meant it.

GrassrootsConservative
11-10-2012, 01:18 AM
"Shated" isn't a word. Maybe consult a dictionary next time to see how to spell whatever word you thought you were saying?

Nitwit.

Awryly
11-10-2012, 02:06 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1199756!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/story-petraeus-1109.jpgGo figure. This was the broad.

This was his wife.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1199787!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/petraeus-wife-stadium.jpg
Where would you campaign?

Peter1469
11-10-2012, 08:34 AM

I assume she meant it.

Pics? Never mind. I see.

I forgive him.

waltky
11-10-2012, 12:24 PM
How 'poor judgment' felled military star Petraeus...
:rollseyes:
Petraeus, star on battlefield, felled at CIA by affair
9 Nov.`12 WASHINGTON (Reuters) - David Petraeus was a star on the battlefield, commanding the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, but was undone by "poor judgment" in engaging in an extramarital affair that led to his downfall as CIA director.

Just two days after his 60th birthday, Petraeus stepped down from the spy agency where he had held the top office since September 6, 2011. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation," Petraeus told the shadow warriors he commanded at CIA. It was a stunning downfall for a revered military man who was seen as one of the top American leaders of his generation and was once considered a potential contender for the White House.

Petraeus was credited with pulling Iraq from the brink of all-out civil war and for battlefield successes in Afghanistan after overseeing a surge of 30,000 troops ordered by President Barack Obama in late 2009. He became known for counter-insurgency strategies that were seen as gaining ground against the Taliban in Afghanistan. "I don't think he was professionally overrated. His were genuine accomplishments," said James Carafano, a war historian with the conservative Heritage Foundation think tank.

At the time of his nomination to the CIA post, some Washington insiders had said the White House wanted to find a prominent position for Petraeus to ensure he would not be recruited by Republicans as a challenger to the 2012 Obama-Biden ticket. When he was nominated to lead the CIA there were some concerns in intelligence circles that the high-profile four-star Army general might not be able to lead from the shadows as appropriate for a spy chief.

But once he took over the head office at the U.S. spy agency, Petraeus kept a decidedly low public profile. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat, expressed regret about the resignation of "one of America's best and brightest" and said it was an "enormous loss" for the country. "At CIA, Director Petraeus gave the agency leadership, stature, prestige and credibility both at home and abroad. On a personal level, I found his command of intelligence issues second to none," she said.

RESIGNATION ACCEPTED (http://news.yahoo.com/petraeus-star-battlefield-felled-cia-affair-001115704--finance.html)

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 01:59 PM
In America, the land based on ancient religious superstitions, the rule is simple.

If you are a politician or a military hero, you can be forgiven for commiting a felony, or fraud, or gross negliigence resulting in 200 000 dead civilians. You will still receive a nice pension, and be pardoned by future fraternity brothers.

Richard Nixon, George W.Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld for examples.

If, however, you have an affair, and you are caught, you will be condemned for the rest of your earthly life, and if the Christian Old testament is true, possibly be sent to an eternal damnation of fire and brimstone.

Mister D
11-10-2012, 02:08 PM
In America, the land based on ancient religious superstitions, the rule is simple.

If you are a politician or a military hero, you can be forgiven for commiting a felony, or fraud, or gross negliigence resulting in 200 000 dead civilians. You will still receive a nice pension, and be pardoned by future fraternity brothers.

Richard Nixon, George W.Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld for examples.

If, however, you have an affair, and you are caught, you will be condemned for the rest of your earthly life, and if the Christian Old testament is true, possibly be sent to an eternal damnation of fire and brimstone.

Progress and equality aren't ancient superstitions. They're modern ones. :smiley:

waltky
11-10-2012, 02:10 PM
He will be missed...
:huh:
General David Petraeus: A huge loss for US
10 November 2012 - General David Petraeus created a new blueprint for fighting insurgencies

The US has lost one of its most admired public servants - the man who came up with the plan which successfully got his country out of one unpopular war, and will get it out of another by 2014. General David Petraeus took a remarkable amount of experience with him when he went to be the new head of the CIA just over a year ago. He had commanded the international forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and was probably the cleverest and the most highly-praised soldier of his time. General Petraeus certainly had more experience of combating terrorism in its different guises than any other military or civilian figure in the Western world.

He rebuilt the entire counterinsurgency strategy of the United States, which had been almost a forgotten subject since the Vietnam war, and created a highly effective blueprint for fighting insurgencies. For this amount of brain-power and strategic and tactical thinking to be lost to the United States because of an affair with his biographer will no doubt seem to many in Europe and the rest of the world to be completely disproportionate. But this is not simply another example of the kind of Puritanism which bemuses non-Americans.

'I feel closer to SAS'

As the boss of the CIA David Petraeus was expected to set an example to the people under his command; and extra-marital affairs have often led to blackmail and other difficulties for intelligence workers in the past. Once the FBI had uncovered the evidence for his affair and told him, it probably never occurred for a moment to General Petraeus that he might be able to hold onto his job. As I found over the years, both in Iraq and Afghanistan, General Petraeus is a very pleasant and witty man, as well as a highly intelligent one.

An anglophile and a member of the American special forces, he visited the headquarters of the SAS in Hereford and often praised its way of doing things. "I sometimes feel closer to the SAS than anyone else," he once told me in private. It may not just have been politeness on his part. His toughness, perhaps even cynicism, served him well in Baghdad and Kabul as well as Washington. When the American forces were becoming badly bogged down in Iraq, with faulty tactics, nothing much in the way of strategy, and visibly declining morale, Petraeus stepped in and changed everything. "Of course it's possible to win this war," he told me crisply in 2007, "and I intend to do it."

'The surge' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20280224)

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Progress and equality aren't ancient superstitions. They're modern ones. :smiley:

Which is why the conservatives are opposed, because they beleive in tradition, and as Bill O[Reilly, one of their mouthpieces says, the USA was" founded on Judeo-Christian values".

AKA: ANCIENT RELIGIOUS SUPERSTITIONS.

Mister D
11-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Which is why the conservatives are opposed, because they beleive in tradition, and as Bill O[Reilly, one of their mouthpieces says, the USA was" founded on Judeo-Christian values".

Those are our traditions but they are "MODERN SUPERSTITIONS". Why do you think conservatives are opposed to your superstitions? :smiley:

If you have a problem with Mr. O'Reilly take it up with him.

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 02:39 PM

As one of the mouthpieces for Conservatism, Bill O'Reilly said: The conservatives are traditionalists, and they believe the country was "founded on Judeo-Christian values".

AKA: ANCIENT RELIGIOUS SUPERSTITIONS. Half the country, apparently is still following the ancient superstitions.

Fortunately, that mistaken idea was repudiated once the Victorian Era was ended, and the Progressive movement began in 1910.

Still, there are elements left intact, mainly the current far right (God intended rape) Republicans coalition, which, although their candidates were expelled, still have not changed their extremist views.

Mister D
11-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Those are our traditions but they are "MODERN SUPERSTITIONS". Why do you think conservatives are opposed to your superstitions? :smiley:

If you have a problem with Mr. O'Reilly take it up with him.

bump for the lil' doggy. :smiley:

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Well...normally, I would say that I agree with you. However, in spycraft, affairs equal blackmail material, so it rather equates to a security risk. I actually applaud Gen. Petraeus for being upfront about the reason for his departure, rather than relying on the tired, "...to spend more time with my family" bullshit.

Mister D
11-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Well...normally, I would say that I agree with you. However, in spycraft, affairs equal blackmail material, so it rather equates to a security risk. I actually applaud Gen. Petraeus for being upfront about the reason for his departure, rather than relying on the tired, "...to spend more time with my family" bullshit.

Good point.

Mister D
11-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Mind you, Grumpydog apparently doesn't understand what "superstition" means but I am just going along with him. :grin:

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM

As Bill O'Reilly, the mouthpiece of traditional conservatives said: "the country is founded on Judeo-Christian values"

Since half the country, despite the progressive era which only began from 1890 to present, is still following those ancient superstitions, therefore, the previous GrumpyDog post is quite validated.

However, GD, is not in accord with that half of the population that would consider the greater harm to society to be for an individual to get caught having an affair, rather than one getting caught for a lie resulting in the senseless death of 200 000 people.

Mister D
11-10-2012, 02:54 PM
As Bill O'Reilly, the mouthpiece of traditional conservatives said: "the country is founded on Judeo-Christian values"

Since half the country, despite the progressive era which only began from 1890 to present, is still following those ancient superstitions, therefore, the previous GrumpyDog post is quite validated.

However, GD, is not in accord with that half of the population that would consider the greater harm to society is for an individual to get caught having an having an affair, rather ones lie resulting in the senseless death of 200 000 people.

Dude, ask the guy out already! :laugh: Enough about Bill O'Reilly.

Why do you think conservatives are opposed to your superstitions? :smiley:

Mister D
11-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Oh, and look up superstition.

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 02:55 PM

However, GD, is not in accord with that half of the population that would consider the greater harm to society is for an individual to get caught having an having an affair, rather than one getting caught for a lie resulting in the senseless death of 200 000 people.

Well...speaking only for myself, I don't personally give two fucks what superstitions people want to follow. If the "magic man in the sky" makes them feel better, then that is none of my gods damned business. My only problem comes when they start trying to legislate behaviour based on the morality of that superstition. Then it becomes a question of trying to infringe on my individual liberty.

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Dude, ask the guy out already! :laugh: Enough about Bill O'Reilly.

Why do you think conservatives are opposed to your superstitions? :smiley:

First off, no one uses the word "dude" except teenagers, which, from your previous inability to comprehend english, suggests you must be one.

Secondly, the "superstitions" are what all relgions are based upon, therefore, GrumpyDog is in opposition to those ancient superstitions, because GrumpyDog is a progressive.

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Well...speaking only for myself, I don't personally give two fucks what superstitions people want to follow. If the "magic man in the sky" makes them feel better, then that is none of my gods damned business. My only problem comes when they start trying to legislate behaviour based on the morality of that superstition. Then it becomes a question of trying to infringe on my individual liberty.

Then you should either take back the Republican party, from the current coaltion of religious fanatics, or become a progressive, as GrumpyDog is, and help move the country forward into the 21st century of a technological utopia.

Mister D
11-10-2012, 03:07 PM
First off, no one uses the word "dude" except teenagers, which, from your previous inability to comprehend english, suggests you must be one.

Secondly, the "superstitions" are what all relgions are based upon, therefore, GrumpyDog is in opposition to those ancient superstitions, because GrumpyDog is a progressive.

Dude, consult a dictionary. You don't understand what superstition means :grin:

Why do you think conservatives are opposed to your "superstitions"? :smiley:

Mister D
11-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Then you should either take back the Republican party, from the current coaltion of religious fanatics, or become a progressive, as GrumpyDog is, and help move the country forward into the 21st century of a technological utopia.

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Apparently you never read my rant. I voted for Obama. and so long as the Modern Republican Party (They quit being worthy of the title GOP when the Tea party took over) allows the tail to wag the dog, and insists on marrying their fiscal conservatism with their social conservatism, I will never again vote for a Republican candidate. I made that decision four years ago. And, I am not alone. I view your proclamations of a coming "technological Utopia" with a modicum of skepticism. Sorry. The sad truth is that progressives are just not quite as competent when it comes to economic questions a fiscal conservatives. That doesn't mean that all Progressive ideas are bad ones, nor does it mean that all conservative ideas are brilliant. The truth is, I really wish we could find a way past all of the modern partisanship. Because, frankly, the periods of this nations greatest growth came from eras with a marriage of Progressive, and conservative ideas. I do truly believe that if the two parties in Washington could come together, and reach compromise, we would find economic solutions that would​ lead us back to prosperity.

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Apparently you never read my rant. I voted for Obama. and so long as the Modern Republican Party (They quit being worthy of the title GOP when the Tea party took over) allows the tail to wag the dog, and insists on marrying their fiscal conservatism with their social conservatism, I will never again vote for a Republican candidate. I made that decision four years ago. And, I am not alone. I view your proclamations of a coming "technological Utopia" with a modicum of skepticism. Sorry. The sad truth is that progressives are just not quite as competent when it comes to economic questions a fiscal conservatives. That doesn't mean that all Progressive ideas are bad ones, nor does it mean that all conservative ideas are brilliant. The truth is, I really wish we could find a way past all of the modern partisanship. Because, frankly, the periods of this nations greatest growth came from eras with a marriage of Progressive, and conservative ideas. I do truly believe that if the two parties in Washington could come together, and reach compromise, we would find economic solutions that would​ lead us back to prosperity.

I shall endeavor to consult the rant section more often for a more precise explanation of conservative fiscal responsibility.

Peter1469
11-10-2012, 03:59 PM
He will be missed...
:huh:
General David Petraeus: A huge loss for US
10 November 2012 - General David Petraeus created a new blueprint for fighting insurgencies

1. His wife is hideous. No wonder he was banging a hot reporter.

2. His counter insurgency ideas were wrong and I told him as much. It was the equivalent of nation building its enemy's country. Now of course, he was only trying to come up with a plan the politicians could embrace. I would have gone home, or waged total war upon the enemy until an unconditional surrender was offered. Then, and only then would I have cared one whit for the civilians.

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I shall endeavor to consult the rant section more often for a more precise explanation of conservative fiscal responsibility.

Here. Lemme help you with that: Reality Check (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/8516-Reality-Check). For the record, it isn't about fiscal conservatism, so much as it was about why I, evn as a fiscal conservative, voted for Obama, and why I will continue to vote for any party not Republican, so long as the Republican Party continues to let the tail wag the dog.

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Here. Lemme help you with that: Reality Check (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/8516-Reality-Check). For the record, it isn't about fiscal conservatism, so much as it was about why I, evn as a fiscal conservative, voted for Obama, and why I will continue to vote for any party not Republican, so long as the Republican Party continues to let the tail wag the dog.

You are correct, and it is entirely my fault, for using such an obvious oxymoronic phrase as "fiscal conservatism".

Peter1469
11-10-2012, 05:04 PM
You are correct, and it is entirely my fault, for using such an obvious oxymoronic phrase as "fiscal conservatism".

Expand on that. What is wrong with the term fiscal conservative. It is classical liberalism if you like that better.

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Fiscal conservatism isn't the problem. I am a fiscal conservative. It is the social conservatism that is the oxymoron. There is nothing about repressing individual liberty, and demanding more intrusive government control in the name of religious morality that is, in any way shape or form, conservative.

Peter1469
11-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Fiscal conservatism isn't the problem. I am a fiscal conservative. It is the social conservatism that is the oxymoron. There is nothing about repressing individual liberty, and demanding more intrusive government control in the name of religious morality that is, in any way shape or form, conservative.

Agreed. Social conservatism should be kept at the state and local level. It is not a federal issue.

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 05:30 PM
It should be known, that I also warned General Petraeus about surge strategy, but alas, my warnings went unheeded.

Likewise, my messages, to George W.Bush, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld, went unheeded, and were scoffed at, and I was warned that such messages were a sign of being a traitor and that if I was not with Bush, I was a traitor. This was from a very reliable source at the time, who was later found to be BAT@#%CRAZY.

waltky
11-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Possible replacements for Petraeus at the CIA...
:embarrassed:
Who will replace Petraeus atop the CIA?
November 9th, 2012 - So who might be the replacement for David Petraeus? The rumor mill was in full swing Friday after the CIA director stepped down, saying he had an extramarital affair.

One person being discussed is Michael Morell, the now acting CIA director, who could be named to the position permanently. President Barack Obama thinks highly of Morell, several U.S. officials told CNN's Chief White House Correspondent Jessica Yellin. In his statement on the resignation of Petraeus, Obama expressed the "utmost confidence" in Morell continuing the work of the CIA. Senate Intelligence Committee chair Dianne Feinstein also expressed support of Morell, saying "the agency is in very good hands until the president selects a replacement." But at the top could very well be John Brennan, the president's powerful adviser for counterterrorism and homeland security.

Brennan has shaped the White House's strategy to aggressively pursue suspected terrorists, dramatically escalating the use of armed unmanned aircraft to kill them in the ungoverned territories of Pakistan and in Yemen. Small teams of special operations forces have been deployed to critical locations. And Brennan is said to have the complete trust of Obama. What could hold him back is exactly why he pulled out of contention for the CIA director's position in 2008 when the newly elected Obama was putting together his administration. Liberal bloggers accused Brennan of supporting outgoing President George W. Bush's policy of harsh interrogation techniques.

Brennan withdrew his name from consideration in an angry letter to Obama. "It has been immaterial to the critics that I have a been strong opponent of many of the policies of the Bush administration such as preemptive war in Iraq and coercive interrogation tactics," Brennan wrote. In the end, Brennan wound up with a more powerful position in the administration. More recently, the White House has been criticized by some Republicans for leaks of sensitive information on counterterrorism operations. Brennan has called the leaks devastating and vehemently denied administration officials were involved. But the controversy could make for a difficult confirmation hearing if he is nominated.

Although many people say they think Brennan is ready to leave the administration after four years in an extremely demanding job, some who are close to him believe he still has his eyes set on the CIA job. Another possibility for the position: Jane Harman, the former congresswoman from California who is well-respected within intelligence circles.

MORE (http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/09/who-will-replace-petraeus-atop-the-cia/)

See Also:

Petraeus stand-in has been through this before
November 9th, 2012 - Once again, Michael Morell is being called on to fill in as acting director of the CIA, this time after the resignation of David Petraeus on Friday.

It was only last year, during the two-month gap from the time Leon Panetta left the CIA until Petraeus took over the helm, that Deputy Director Morell oversaw the agency. The career intelligence officer joined the CIA in 1980. Much of his early career focused on Asian issues, and he has had a steady climb up the career ladder.

He served as then-CIA Director George Tenet's executive assistant and presided over the daily intelligence briefing for President George W. Bush. After a three-year overseas assignment in the mid-2000s, he returned to headquarters, where he became the associate deputy director responsible for the day-to-day operation of the agency.

After spending two years as the director of intelligence, overseeing the work of analysts, he was appointed to his current position as Deputy Director in May 2010. In his statement on the resignation of Petraeus, President Barack Obama expressed trust in Morell continuing the work of the CIA. "I have the utmost confidence in Acting Director Michael Morell and the men and women of the CIA who work every day to keep our nation safe," he said.

Source (http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/09/acting-cia-chief-has-been-through-this-before/)

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Agreed. Social conservatism should be kept at the state and local level. It is not a federal issue. I won't even concede that it is a state, or local issue. Liberty is liberty, whether it is being suppressed at the Federal, State, or Local level.

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Possible replacements for Petraeus at the CIA...
:embarrassed:
Who will replace Petraeus atop the CIA?
November 9th, 2012 - So who might be the replacement for David Petraeus? The rumor mill was in full swing Friday after the CIA director stepped down, saying he had an extramarital affair.

See Also:

Petraeus stand-in has been through this before
November 9th, 2012 - Once again, Michael Morell is being called on to fill in as acting director of the CIA, this time after the resignation of David Petraeus on Friday.
I'm not entirely sure that Brennen will make the short list. He's a little heavy handed, and a bit too much of a micro-manager to make a good DI. I think Morrell is very likely.

Captain Obvious
11-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I won't even concede that it is a state, or local issue. Liberty is liberty, whether it is being suppressed at the Federal, State, or Local level.

Check... and... balance

or, "trust, but verify"

GrassrootsConservative
11-10-2012, 07:36 PM
"trust, but verify"

Ah, Ronald Reagan. Excellent quote.

Peter1469
11-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I won't even concede that it is a state, or local issue. Liberty is liberty, whether it is being suppressed at the Federal, State, or Local level.

Well States of the sovereign power to legislate Life Health and Safety matters. You are certainly free to vote your conscience.

Mainecoons
11-10-2012, 08:03 PM

Now when you figure out your economic liberty is as important as your bedroom liberty, maybe you'll understand what we've been trying to tell you. Voting for one at the expense of the other lands you in the same place--slavery.

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Well States of the sovereign power to legislate Life Health and Safety matters. You are certainly free to vote your conscience.

But their power to legislate ends, as it should, with matters of personal decisions that do not infringe on the rights of others.

Czernobog
11-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Now when you figure out your economic liberty is as important as your bedroom liberty, maybe you'll understand what we've been trying to tell you. Voting for one at the expense of the other lands you in the same place--slavery.

And I might say the same to you about social liberty. I stand by my decision. So long as the Modern Republican Party insists on marrying its fiscal conservatism with social conservatism, while I may not always vote Democrat, I will never vote Republican. If the Republican Party wants me, and others like me, back in their party, then they need to find a way to divorce themselves from the theocrats in their Party.

Awryly
11-10-2012, 09:09 PM
And I might say the same to you about social liberty. I stand by my decision. So long as the Modern Republican Party insists on marrying its fiscal conservatism with social conservatism, while I may not always vote Democrat, I will never vote Republican. If the Republican Party wants me, and others like me, back in their party, then they need to find a way to divorce themselves from the theocrats in their Party.

The US is one of the few Western democracies (if you can stretch your imagination and call it a democracy) in which social conservatism is a political issue.

In NZ, for example, religion has no place in politics (though human rights do). The last attempt by a religious vested interest to influence political opinion was met by overwhelming resistance. The party that looked to be winning in the polls crashed to an ignominious and well-deserved defeat as soon as it was revealed the Exclusive Brethren were behind an ad campaign.

We keep religion in the littlest room where it belongs.

Peter1469
11-10-2012, 10:24 PM
But their power to legislate ends, as it should, with matters of personal decisions that do not infringe on the rights of others.
That is how I vote in local elections. But others don't.

GrumpyDog
11-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Agreed. Social conservatism should be kept at the state and local level. It is not a federal issue.

Social conservatism should be kept in the Prehistoric display at the Smithsonian Institution. Between Neanderthal man clubbing his wife, and Tyrannosaurus Rex terrorizing the Herbivores.

Peter1469
11-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Social conservatism should be kept in the Prehistoric display at the Smithsonian Institution. Between Neanderthal man clubbing his wife, and Tyrannosaurus Rex terrorizing the Herbivores.

Next to the Hobbits and Orcs?

Awryly
11-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Next to the Hobbits and Orcs?

I was thinking the (American) Whigs.

Peter1469
11-12-2012, 03:14 AM
I was thinking the (American) Whigs.

Is federalism used in NZ?

Carygrant
11-12-2012, 07:21 AM
"Shated" isn't a word. Maybe consult a dictionary next time to see how to spell whatever word you thought you were saying?

Nitwit.

The Flea shouting at the lion .
I wouldn't worry too much about vocabulary at your stage of comprehension , concentrate on meaning and non selectivity .

Peter1469
11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
OK, back on track.

Had Petraeus smaked one of these women in the mouth and then advised her to put ice on that, who he get a pass like Bill Clinton? :shocked:

Awryly
11-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Is federalism used in NZ?

It was briefly. Then we figured it was a stupid idea.

So we have no states and a unicameral legislature.

Saves a lot of bother.

Peter1469
11-12-2012, 09:37 PM
I would agree with our states going with a unicameral legislature.

Awryly
11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I would agree with our states going with a unicameral legislature.

One r/hump, not two?

GrumpyDog
11-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Poor CIA. What will they do now? They were worried about (LOL) their "integrity".

CIA doesnt know WTF half their people are doing at any one time.

They got a steriling reputation, beginning when they hired ex Nazi snipers in 1947.

Northwinds, Mongoose, Alpha 66 anyone?

The utter arogance of this organization to suggest "integrity"

Awryly
11-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Poor CIA. What will they do now? They were worried about (LOL) their "integrity".

They got a steriling reputation, beginning when they hired ex Nazi snipers in 1947.

One has to keep up the pretence of integrity.

Just as the media has kept up the pretence that Petraeus was a great general.

Awryly
11-15-2012, 07:22 PM
It is somewhat amusing to watch Piers Morgan rarking up the Petraeus "scandal" on CNN.

It has been a source of no doubt great profit to him to endlessly beat the conspiracy drum. And no doubt Americans lap it up.

All it shows, however, is that Morgan's roots are in the gutters infested by the British tabloid media from whence he comes.

Even after ex-NSA, CIA and DoJ staffers have painstakingly explained to him why he is wrong, he rambles yet on..and on..and on.

Evan Mazepa
11-15-2012, 07:53 PM
How sad that one or two incidents of dipping the dildo insomeone else’s garden over shadows an exemplary career. The only way that I would condemn Petraeus isif he let the former Miss West Point wasgiven classified information that she should not have been given by the goodgeneral. She did hold at least a secondtier security clearance since she does hold a reserve officer’s commission.

Awryly
11-15-2012, 08:24 PM
How sad that one or two incidents of dipping the dildo insomeone else’s garden over shadows an exemplary career. The only way that I would condemn Petraeus isif he let the former Miss West Point wasgiven classified information that she should not have been given by the goodgeneral. She did hold at least a secondtier security clearance since she does hold a reserve officer’s commission.

Not sure how Petraeus was "exemplary".

Didn't he make a fine mess of Iraq by stirring the Shia'as into civil war?

Evan Mazepa
11-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Not sure how Petraeus was "exemplary".

Didn't he make a fine mess of Iraq by stirring the Shia'as into civil war?

I am not sure that the "stirring the Shia'as into civil war" was all his doing but look how well he recovered by being The Surge Genaral.

Evan Mazepa
11-15-2012, 08:40 PM

At least the CIA helped reduced the unemployement in post war Germany by hiring former Nazi gang bangers !!

Awryly
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I am not sure that the "stirring the Shia'as into civil war" was all his doing but look how well he recovered by being The Surge Genaral.

You mean to say the (Afghan) surge worked? How was that?

When you (and unfortunately we) leave, the place will descend again into civil war.

How is that a "success"?

Awryly
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
At least the CIA helped reduce the unemployement in post war Germany by hiring former Nazi gang bangers !!

And adopted Gestapo methods.

Evan Mazepa
11-15-2012, 08:57 PM

Well maybe not so much the methods of the Gestapo but "we" did employ fomer Nazi assets into the 1950's since hey had a better handle on spying on the Soviets and the WARSAW PAC countries. My Dad who survived a forced labor camp at the invitation of the Nazi dogs did have a rather interesting view of us using fomer Nazis. Rregarding the 1960's space race my Dad used to say that "our" Germans beat the Soviet's Germans to the moon. Hey everyone knows that we both grabbed as many Nazi German scientists as we could. Werner von Braun goes from Nazi war criminal to American hero !!!

Awryly
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Well maybe not so much the methods of the Gestapo but "we" did employ fomer Nazi assets into the 1950's since hey had a better handle on spying on the Soviets and the WARSAW PAC countries. My Dad who survived a forced labor camp at the invitation of the Nazi dogs did have a rather interesting view of us using fomer Nazis. Rregarding the 1960's space race my Dad used to say that "our" Germans beat the Soviet's Germans to the moon. Hey everyone knows that we both grabbed as many Nazi German scientists as we could. Werner von Braun goes from Nazi war criminal to American hero !!!

Most of the stuff Americans feel proud of was invented by the Germans and British.

But you get pride where you can find it. Then spin it to be American.

Mister D
11-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Most of the stuff Americans feel proud of was invented by the Germans and British.

You're anti-Americanism is so petty. :laugh:

Evan Mazepa
11-15-2012, 09:08 PM

OMG !! You are not American. I thought you were one of us !! lol

Awryly
11-15-2012, 09:21 PM
OMG !! You are not American. I thought you were one of us !! lol

Fortunately, no.

Evan Mazepa
11-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Fortunately, no.

Well I am proud to say that I am an American choice not by accident of birth.

Awryly
11-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Well I am proud to say that I am an American choice not by accident of birth.

Good for you. I am proud to say I am not.

BTW, what are you proud of?

Other than the opportunity to be less poor than where you came from, wherever that was.

Kabuki Joe
11-16-2012, 10:22 AM

I assume she meant it.

...are you serious?...I thought what men do is evil when they use and abuse poor women?...or is that only something you need to bring up to make republicans during election time?...

Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe
11-16-2012, 10:24 AM

...so you are ok with husbands being unfaithful to their wives?...

Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe
11-16-2012, 11:00 AM

...ok, then why the big stink WITH GAYS about getting married when it doesn't really matter?...

Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe
11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
The Flea shouting at the lion .
I wouldn't worry too much about vocabulary at your stage of comprehension , concentrate on meaning and non selectivity .

...flea is living off the lion, kind of like welfare...

Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe
11-16-2012, 11:18 AM

...like the gaystapo?...

Kabuki Joe

Peter1469
11-16-2012, 06:04 PM

Kabuki Joe

That is between the couple. I am not sure what role the State plays- so long as the adultery is known, it can't be used for blackmail.

Awryly
11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
...ok, then why the big stink WITH GAYS about getting married when it doesn't really matter?...

Kabuki Joe

Of course gays should think like you, shouldn't they? After all, you are the arbiter of social liberties.

And we thank you for telling us that some liberties don't matter.

I assume that is what you meant. But if it is not, write a book about it. Call it the Bible.

Awryly
11-16-2012, 07:44 PM

Kabuki Joe

There is a law against drab, middle-aged women being supplanted by gorgeous, young, admiring and clever wee things?

I thought it was just another Dow transaction.

Kabuki Joe
11-19-2012, 10:45 AM
That is between the couple. I am not sure what role the State plays- so long as the adultery is known, it can't be used for blackmail.

...that's not the point...the point is libs are for women being treated with respect and awryly is laughing at a fat chic being cheated on by her husband...so either someone is for women being treated with respect or not...it can't be "only when it's convenient", it's a yes or no answer...

Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Of course gays should think like you, shouldn't they? After all, you are the arbiter of social liberties.

And we thank you for telling us that some liberties don't matter.

I assume that is what you meant. But if it is not, write a book about it. Call it the Bible.

...you are missing the point, if marriage is nothing special THEN WHY THE PUSH FOR GAY MARRIAGE?...if marriage is a joke, like you imply, then why are the gays pushing for it?...I don't get your sides flip-flopping on every issue they debate...first women need to be treated with respect, then you make fun of a wife being cheated on by her husband because she's deserving of it, then you rag on marriage as an institution while saying gays need the same right to the institution...make up your mind, it's "either" "or", not both...

Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe
11-19-2012, 11:15 AM
There is a law against drab, middle-aged women being supplanted by gorgeous, young, admiring and clever wee things?

I thought it was just another Dow transaction.

...yet here it happens and you laugh at the fat chic being cheated on by her husband...kudos to him for upgrading!!!...

Kabuki Joe

Awryly
11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
...you are missing the point, if marriage is nothing special THEN WHY THE PUSH FOR GAY MARRIAGE?...if marriage is a joke, like you imply, then why are the gays pushing for it?...I don't get your sides flip-flopping on every issue they debate...first women need to be treated with respect, then you make fun of a wife being cheated on by her husband because she's deserving of it, then you rag on marriage as an institution while saying gays need the same right to the institution...make up your mind, it's "either" "or", not both...

Kabuki Joe

What points have I missed?

1. I am not laughing at or disrespecting the "fat chic". I think I just said that Petraeus made a good choice to have a fling with the smart, gorgeous, eloquent, slim thing. Obviously, he thought so too.
2. Marriage has a place as an institution. It provides stability in some relationships that probably wouldn't survive without it. Though it still continues to fail half the time. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it.
3. The fact that some gays want to get married is simply the exercise of a liberty that should be as legal for them as anyone else. In some jurisdictions, it also confers extra legal rights - like the right to adopt, the right to be taxed at a lower (married) rate, the right to transfer property to a prime beneficiary partner (that should appeal to cons), and so on.

Kabuki Joe
11-20-2012, 10:00 AM
What points have I missed?

1. I am not laughing at or disrespecting the "fat chic". I think I just said that Petraeus made a good choice to have a fling with the smart, gorgeous, eloquent, slim thing. Obviously, he thought so too.
2. Marriage has a place as an institution. It provides stability in some relationships that probably wouldn't survive without it. Though it still continues to fail half the time. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it.
3. The fact that some gays want to get married is simply the exercise of a liberty that should be as legal for them as anyone else. In some jurisdictions, it also confers extra legal rights - like the right to adopt, the right to be taxed at a lower (married) rate, the right to transfer property to a prime beneficiary partner (that should appeal to cons), and so on.

...BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Kabuki Joe

Awryly
11-20-2012, 07:25 PM
...BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Kabuki Joe

I may take it from that that you are overwhelmed by the strength of my arguments?

Kabuki Joe
11-21-2012, 11:15 AM
I may take it from that that you are overwhelmed by the strength of my arguments?

...no, "BLAH BLAH BLAH" means that you are talking only to hear yourself talk...

Kabuki Joe

Mister D
11-21-2012, 11:19 AM
...no, "BLAH BLAH BLAH" means that you are talking only to hear yourself talk...

Kabuki Joe

She just loves the Jews. Ask her about them. :smiley:

Kabuki Joe
11-21-2012, 12:15 PM
She just loves the Jews. Ask her about them. :smiley:

...well, she better hope that they remain strong because they are the only thing keeping the focus of the muslim world...once they are gone we are done for...hehehe...but I can just see it now, "but but but I have always just loved and supported you muslims" as she's getting raped before they kill her...it's funny how liberals have this silly notion that if they show tollerance that others will show the same...that's only a Disney fallacy, not real world at all..."BUT BUT BUT"...

Kabuki Joe

Mister D
11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
...well, she better hope that they remain strong because they are the only thing keeping the focus of the muslim world...once they are gone we are done for...hehehe...but I can just see it now, "but but but I have always just loved and supported you muslims" as she's getting raped before they kill her...it's funny how liberals have this silly notion that if they show tollerance that others will show the same...that's only a Disney fallacy, not real world at all..."BUT BUT BUT"...

Kabuki Joe

:laugh: We think alike. I just said somethign similar to Kizz yesterday.

Kabuki Joe
11-21-2012, 12:53 PM
:laugh: We think alike. I just said somethign similar to Kizz yesterday.

...I used to keep a working terrier website and it's funny how people sell each other out...a while ago England banned fox hunting BUT they couldn't get everyone on board in the process...while setting everything up the government made this proposition that had no support...the main goal was to stop it outright but a lot of the blue bloods love it...so behind the scenes the blue bloods (red coats, horses and hounds) made a deal with the government to support the ban IF IT ONLY STOPPED TERRIER WORK...with the hunt clubs it was never about actually killing the fox, it was about the sport of running all over the place chasing the fox with hounds while riding on horsed back, "CHIP CHIP CHEERIO"...terriers were only used to enter into a hole where the goal was to get the fox out and running again...in pest control terriers were used to either kill the fox in ground OR to bolt the fox to a game keepers gun...so one was sport and the other was for pest control...well, in order to keep their sport safe from banning they made a deal to where only the pest control side would be banned and the blue bloods could continue to run around on horse back chasing hounds...so it passed and after that the law was revised to include the horse and hounds...HAHAHAHAHAHA...see, that's how people work, they support something that later turns around and bites them in the ass...this is why I hate liberals, they are completely dishonest and not to be trusted...

Kabuki Joe

Mister D
11-21-2012, 01:11 PM
...I used to keep a working terrier website and it's funny how people sell each other out...a while ago England banned fox hunting BUT they couldn't get everyone on board in the process...while setting everything up the government made this proposition that had no support...the main goal was to stop it outright but a lot of the blue bloods love it...so behind the scenes the blue bloods (red coats, horses and hounds) made a deal with the government to support the ban IF IT ONLY STOPPED TERRIER WORK...with the hunt clubs it was never about actually killing the fox, it was about the sport of running all over the place chasing the fox with hounds while riding on horsed back, "CHIP CHIP CHEERIO"...terriers were only used to enter into a hole where the goal was to get the fox out and running again...in pest control terriers were used to either kill the fox in ground OR to bolt the fox to a game keepers gun...so one was sport and the other was for pest control...well, in order to keep their sport safe from banning they made a deal to where only the pest control side would be banned and the blue bloods could continue to run around on horse back chasing hounds...so it passed and after that the law was revised to include the horse and hounds...HAHAHAHAHAHA...see, that's how people work, they support something that later turns around and bites them in the ass...this is why I hate liberals, they are completely dishonest and not to be trusted...

Kabuki Joe

They will try to push their agenda by any means including force and deceit. No, you can't trust them.

Awryly
11-21-2012, 09:11 PM

Kabuki Joe

:hello::hello::but: I see your hearing aid is working? No?

Kabuki Joe
11-21-2012, 10:57 PM
:hello::hello::but: I see your hearing aid is working? No?

...BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Kabuki Joe

Awryly
11-21-2012, 11:10 PM
...BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Kabuki Joe

Maybe not. Perhaps a new battery would help?

Kabuki Joe
11-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Maybe not. Perhaps a new battery would help?

...BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Kabuki Joe

RtWngaFraud
11-22-2012, 08:20 AM
His wife is a slug, good for him. Doubt he would have gotten that without all the medals, though.

Kabuki Joe
11-22-2012, 08:30 AM
His wife is a slug, good for him. Doubt he would have gotten that without all the medals, though.

...another liberal that thinks it's ok for someone to cheat on their wife and disrepect her...

Kabuki Joe

Peter1469
11-22-2012, 09:12 AM
...another liberal that thinks it's ok for someone to cheat on their wife and disrepect her...

Kabuki Joe

His wife was hot when they got married. It looks like she made zero effort to stay in shape.

Kabuki Joe
11-22-2012, 10:54 AM
His wife was hot when they got married. It looks like she made zero effort to stay in shape.

...so you only show respect if the chic looks good?...

Kabuki Joe

Peter1469
11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
...so you only show respect if the chic looks good?...

Kabuki Joe
Not exactly. But I expect an effort to stay in shape. If there is a medical condition that prevents it, then that is excusable.

A complete disregard of fitness is a no go for me. A turn off. A valid reason to terminate a relationship.

Kabuki Joe
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Not exactly. But I expect an effort to stay in shape. If there is a medical condition that prevents it, then that is excusable.

A complete disregard of fitness is a no go for me. A turn off. A valid reason to terminate a relationship.

...you do know genetics are very powerful?...my wife is chubby and she goes to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, but there's always genetics...you can't get rid of gentics...and then there's the fact she's 52, which is another issue...but I guess I can find a hot chic and it's ok...I LOVE AMERICA!!!!!...

Kabuki Joe

Peter1469
11-22-2012, 12:21 PM
...you do know genetics are very powerful?...my wife is chubby and she goes to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, but there's always genetics...you can't get rid of gentics...and then there's the fact she's 52, which is another issue...but I guess I can find a hot chic and it's ok...I LOVE AMERICA!!!!!...

I know chubby women who are very hot.

There is a difference with people of both sexes that just let themselves go. They look sickly.

Kabuki Joe

Conley
11-22-2012, 12:41 PM
You can go to the gym seven days a week but if you eat too much you'll stay chubby....I know from experience :grin:

It really takes a committment to both exercise and diet

Kabuki Joe
11-22-2012, 12:45 PM
You can go to the gym seven days a week but if you eat too much you'll stay chubby....I know from experience :grin:

It really takes a committment to both exercise and diet

...that's not the point, the point is loyalty, it's not being taught anymore...it's old fashioned I guess...

Kabuki Joe

Conley
11-22-2012, 12:50 PM
...that's not the point, the point is loyalty, it's not being taught anymore...it's old fashioned I guess...

Kabuki Joe

I was just talking about fitness, not saying anyone should cheat on a spouse. IMO if the marriage is dead, man up get a divorce and then dip your wick. Dont sneak around trying to have cake and eat it too. Same thing with Tiger Woods. If he wanted to be a muff hound fine, just don't get married and screw your kids and the mom of your kids like that.

Peter1469
11-22-2012, 01:08 PM

Kabuki Joe

Loyalty is not a one way street.

Kabuki Joe
11-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Loyalty is not a one way street.

...I didn't see the post where she was cheating on him first, got a link?...

Kabuki Joe

Peter1469
11-22-2012, 04:23 PM
...I didn't see the post where she was cheating on him first, got a link?...

Kabuki Joe

You won't find that post. She fed herself into obesity and made zero attempts to stay in shape. Some people can live with that. Some can't.

Awryly
11-22-2012, 07:52 PM

Kabuki Joe

Where did you get this quaint idea that obese wives are not worth dumping in favour of a sexy young thing? Especially sexy young things who admire your decorations.

His wife probably got a quarter of a century out of him. As death approaches, isn't it time for a resur-erection?