PDA

View Full Version : tPF Non partisan, just thoughts...

Archer0915
07-17-2017, 11:18 PM
One side or the other always complains about the money wasted on investigations. Be it Bill, Hillary, Reagan, whoever.

Most of the people on the investigative teams are government employees anyway so is it really wasting that much money?

There are so many complaints about money wasted on this or that but are these not government employees on the payroll?

We can talk about the cost of the recent actions but what is the real cost? The ships would still be at sea, the armed forces would still be getting paid if there were no combat deployments.

I personally think these morons in DC just do this crap for their constituents and for some votes. Let me see??? Bill got a blow job, that never should have made it to the public circle. They knew they were not going to do anything to golden child Hillary...

So thoughts on this? I do agree with the current election tampering investigation even though we have already been told it had no effect. It has been stated that Trump had nothing to do with it but we need to investigate not to find fault but to find the weaknesses.

So can we discuss, in an adult manner, all this BS?

As with all my tPF threads, stay on topic as best you can and no troll.

Safety
07-17-2017, 11:35 PM
I believe the current investigation is mostly just a waste of time and resources, not that I don't think there was collusion from Trump's campaign with Russia to influence the outcome of the election, but that it is nearly impossible to prove, notwithstanding the acknowledgment that the GOP controls the house and senate, so the chances that any articles of impeachment will be basically nonexistent.

Although, there are many that simply want a tit-for-tat for what happened to Clinton in regards to that investigation, there are those that want to point out the hypocrisy in the fact that the same people that begged for the investigation into Benghazi and emailgate to never end until she was in jail regardless of the cost, but are calling this investigation a waste of time and money and how it should be stopped, is evidence of the politicization of our justice system.

Cthulhu
07-18-2017, 12:20 AM
Honestly, most of this could have been entirely avoided if we picked better candidates in the primaries.

But somehow these two nuggets managed to float to the top...

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Hal Jordan
07-18-2017, 12:44 AM
Honestly, most of this could have been entirely avoided if we picked better candidates in the primaries.

But somehow these two nuggets managed to float to the top...

Sent from my evil cell phone.

"
it all floats down here. When you come down here, you'll float too."

Cletus
07-18-2017, 12:49 AM
There is a big difference between these silly investigations into Trump and the investigation into Clinton's actions when she was SecState. We KNOW she violated just about every security protocol in the book. We KNOW what happened in Benghazi was preventable and as the Secretary of State it was her job to make sure our diplomatic facilities had adequate protection. Brave men died and someone needs to be held responsible for that.

What is happening with Trump is a concerted effort to destroy his presidency and it has been going on since the day he took office.

stjames1_53
07-18-2017, 05:23 AM
We also know for a fact, that Hillary dumped a lot of emails from her private server and destroyed evidence by smashing her personal devices. She was arrogantly detached from testifying before Congress. We know she funneled money in a pay to play scheme with the Clinton Foundation from her seat as SoS............
The deeper they dig, the more we find that the Democrats were deeper, if not more, than the allegations against Trump.
Maybe it was smart to dig this up, it's beginning to look like the Dem leadership were the ones doing the dirty deed.
This could very well blow up in their faces by the time it's done.

stjames1_53
07-18-2017, 05:35 AM
There is a big difference between these silly investigations into Trump and the investigation into Clinton's actions when she was SecState. We KNOW she violated just about every security protocol in the book. We KNOW what happened in Benghazi was preventable and as the Secretary of State it was her job to make sure our diplomatic facilities had adequate protection. Brave men died and someone needs to be held responsible for that.

What is happening with Trump is a concerted effort to destroy his presidency and it has been going on since the day he took office.
Cletus..it started as soon as it was learned he'd won the election.

Archer0915
07-18-2017, 05:51 AM
But guys, do these investigations really cost that much money and tie up needed resources? Do the wars cost that much more? You hit on one aspect but not the other. I also appreciate the replies and civility.

stjames1_53
07-18-2017, 06:00 AM
But guys, do these investigations really cost that much money and tie up needed resources? Do the wars cost that much more? You hit on one aspect but not the other. I also appreciate the replies and civility.

Pete says probably $800/hr for each attorney.............I did some calculations in another thread and that's just shy of a million/week without factoring staff...............investigations are a money maker for the investigators.
I wonder how many vets could we take care of for that kind of money.......

Cletus
07-18-2017, 11:34 AM
@Cletus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1708)..it started as soon as it was learned he'd won the election.

Yes. The anger of the Left at losing the election has made them insane.