PDA

View Full Version : Pompeo who says Ed Snowden should receive death penalty is tapped to be CIA Director

na3
07-19-2017, 05:22 AM
Pompeo who says Ed Snowden should receive death penalty is tapped to be CIA Director
http://www.seattlebulletin.com/news/249508683/mike-pompeo-who-says-ed-snowden-should-receive-death-penalty-is-tapped-to-be-cia-director

Brett Nortje
07-19-2017, 06:02 AM
Wikileaks is about information that could make things unstable for a lot of countries. while lots of people herald it as a source of news, do they really think others should know about it? i mean, if they could know about it and others not know about it - wouldn't this secure peace of mind for the society they live in?

To make things personal would you like others to know how much you earn or what your most confidential of information is about? would you like your wife to find ut you have been seeing an attractive member of the opposite sex for lunch, even if it was just to discuss work? these things are of course 'scandals,' and, have no place in mainstream news, let me explain...

If you were to open the news and see a lot of junk or dirt on your leaders, hey, it happens all the time. every single day the media is trying to form a scandal on everyone they can, because then people get excited and want to know what happens next, and, get the news the next day to find out.

Now, imagine your country needs you? let's say you are a policeman, and you have a drug lord selling crystal meth to some kids every week because they are street children. this makes it hard to control, i mean, drg dealers spread antisocial vibes and crime, yes? let's say this guy has been getting away with it for years, and you cannot catch him because he stashes it somewhere very clever and has loyalty - what do you do? what do you do when you see him breaking and entering a house with some old people inside... do you shoot to kill and hope for a loop hole, knowing you have done the right thing? is this the right thing? do you know your police, aren't they citizens like you trying to make a good deal for everyone around them? aren't they your kids and family?

Imagine, if you will, a big badged sheriff in town. he needs to stop these 'dealers' and 'meth labs' from spreading. that new sheriff is president trump, trying to be as moral as he can, and, getting booed for it at every turn. it is only in such a society that idolizes gangsters from a "hey they are my friends too!" point of view that this festers.

na3
07-19-2017, 06:05 AM
There is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

donttread
07-19-2017, 06:17 AM
This guy even looks like a hood. Snowden is a hero. A whistle blower. Certainly not a death penalty candidate. It all makes me wonder what are they doing that is even worse than what Snowden knew that they are trying to protect through veiled threats to the few who know?

Beevee
07-19-2017, 06:20 AM
There is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

What you don't know prevents you from turning grey. American presidents turn grey.

donttread
07-19-2017, 06:32 AM
What you don't know prevents you from turning grey. American presidents turn grey.

Not to the tune of trillions of pages of claffied data. They don't need that many secrets and they don't need to spy on us without cause or warrant.

na3
07-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.