PDA

View Full Version : It is Time to Cripple ObamaCare

MisterVeritis
07-24-2017, 10:04 AM
The idiot Republicans will not do what they promised to do, repeal ObamaCare. If they did repeal the ACA the Republicans would win and probably pick up additional political power. But Republicans are stupid. So this leaves the President and his team as our last, remaining option to haste ObamaCare's end.

An article in The Hill offers several options. I like them all.

1) Stop the cost-sharing subsidies.

2) Stop enforcing the individual mandate.

3) Stop advertising and outreach.

4) Use administrative flexibility.

Crepitus
07-24-2017, 10:10 AM
The attempts to cripple it started 15 minutes after it was signed, and in spite of 7 years of opposition and obstruction it is still the law of the land.

Deal with it.

resister
07-24-2017, 10:16 AM
The attempts to cripple it started 15 minutes after it was signed, and in spite of 7 years of opposition and obstruction it is still the law of the land.

Deal with it.
HELLO, it is a failure!

stjames1_53
07-24-2017, 10:20 AM
The idiot Republicans will not do what they promised to do, repeal ObamaCare. If they did repeal the ACA the Republicans would win and probably pick up additional political power. But Republicans are stupid. So this leaves the President and his team as our last, remaining option to haste ObamaCare's end.

government needs to get the hell out of HC. They've pretty much screwed it up as it is.

Kalkin
07-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Clean repeal.

MisterVeritis
07-24-2017, 10:42 AM

Deal with it.
The four options above can all be performed by the President and his Team. They do "deal with it".

MisterVeritis
07-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Clean repeal.
A full repeal is my preference. Idiot Republicans are cowards. In the absence of Congressional action, the President will have to lead.

stjames1_53
07-24-2017, 01:28 PM
A full repeal is my preference. Idiot Republicans are cowards. In the absence of Congressional action, the President will have to lead.

fi ACA is repealed, they'll lose their exemptions.............that's why they don't want to do away with it

Captain Obvious
07-24-2017, 01:35 PM
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away

Isn't going to happen, it's a political handgun that Trump wants and the GOP is afraid to play with.

Peter1469
07-24-2017, 02:39 PM
It is collapsing on its own.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2017, 02:42 PM

Deal with it.

And it's an abject failure. People shouldn't be forced to deal with it. It should be scrapped as just another failure.

Captain Obvious
07-24-2017, 02:43 PM
It is collapsing on its own.

The exchange in my region no longer offers coverage options.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2017, 02:44 PM
The exchange in my region no longer offers coverage options.

What exactly do they offer?

Captain Obvious
07-24-2017, 02:48 PM

A Coke and a smile

MisterVeritis
07-24-2017, 02:55 PM
fi ACA is repealed, they'll lose their exemptions.............that's why they don't want to do away with it
You raise an interesting point. The Congress is covered by ACA but it appears they have granted themselves and their staffs supplemental benefits not given in general.

Congress should not be allowed to do such evil things.

Crepitus
07-24-2017, 03:14 PM
HELLO, it is a failure!

No, it has been systematically sabotaged.

MisterVeritis
07-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Now it needs to be killed off.

Crepitus
07-24-2017, 03:17 PM
And it's an abject failure. People shouldn't be forced to deal with it. It should be scrapped as just another failure.

It has been systematically sabotaged.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2017, 03:22 PM
It has been systematically sabotaged.

It was sabotaged by those who created it. The ACA was designed to fail. It was intended to give government a reason to take complete control of the American health care financing system.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2017, 03:33 PM
If the Republicans would do what they promised and repeal the ACA and replace it with free market reforms combined with legal reforms, they would be rewarded by the American people.

Their unwillingness to act upon their promise here defies a rational explanation. It shouldn't take a lot of courage to simply vote for a clean repeal just as you did seven times in the past. It sure does demonstrate a lack of guts when you can't.

These gutless wonders is why many conservatives abandoned the Republican party.

Captain Obvious
07-24-2017, 03:41 PM
It was sabotaged by those who created it. The ACA was designed to fail. It was intended to give government a reason to take complete control of the American health care financing system.

There is always an excuse.

Look at it this way, the left is finally coming around to admitting the ACA has failed... BUT, not their fault.

A year ago they blamed nobody and insisted the ACA was a monumental success.

So... for what it's worth, not much to rely on with these people.

Crepitus
07-24-2017, 06:41 PM

No, it was not. Sorry you can't see that, but I understand why.

stjames1_53
07-24-2017, 07:07 PM

dude, even Gruber, the architect of ACA said it was going to fail................

Tahuyaman
07-24-2017, 07:19 PM

The ACA was designed to fail and anyone with any common sense knows this. Maybe that's why you don't?

Tahuyaman
07-24-2017, 07:25 PM
dude, even Gruber, the architect of ACA said it was going to fail................
He also said that is was designed to fail and that they relied on on stupidity to get it passed.

stjames1_53
07-24-2017, 07:29 PM
He also said that is was designed to fail and that they relied on on stupidity to get it passed.
and our local progressives hate admitting they've been had by their bi-racial lord

ripmeister
07-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Now it needs to be killed off.

Kinda sounds like a coup.

ripmeister
07-24-2017, 07:45 PM
If the Republicans would do what they promised and repeal the ACA and replace it with free market reforms combined with legal reforms, they would be rewarded by the American people.

Their unwillingness to act upon their promise here defies a rational explanation. It shouldn't take a lot of courage to simply vote for a clean repeal just as you did seven times in the past. It sure does demonstrate a lack of guts when you can't.

These gutless wonders is why many conservatives abandoned the Republican party.

They are responding to their constituents. Once people saw what was really being offered they balked.

MisterVeritis
07-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Kinda sounds like a coup.
Killing a bad law is not a coup. I am glad to see you are beginning to embrace the word.

ripmeister
07-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Killing a bad law is not a coup. I am glad to see you are beginning to embrace the word.

But you kill a bad law with legislation. You don't seem to be able to do that so you advocate for an alternative route. That's a coup.

Crepitus
07-24-2017, 08:23 PM

Out of context. You fell for it.

Still feeling godlike you pathetic braggart?

Crepitus
07-24-2017, 08:26 PM
The ACA was designed to fail and anyone with any common sense knows this. Maybe that's why you don't?

No, it was not. That is what your conservative masters are telling you while they sabotage it. The sad part is how many of you believe it.

stjames1_53
07-24-2017, 08:45 PM
No, it was not. That is what your conservative masters are telling you while they sabotage it. The sad part is how many of you believe it.
that was spoken right from the horse's mouth
https://youtu.be/pqBlaz4yGyw

Kalkin
07-24-2017, 10:55 PM

Mandates, sky-high premiums, and giant deductibles. What's not to love?

Kalkin
07-24-2017, 10:56 PM
By whom? The republicans?
Who gave them that power? The voters?
2+2=?

Tahuyaman
07-24-2017, 11:33 PM
They are responding to their constituents. Once people saw what was really being offered they balked.

Nope. They are responding to hysterical ranting of the media. Their constituents will make them pay later.

MisterVeritis
07-24-2017, 11:39 PM
But you kill a bad law with legislation. You don't seem to be able to do that so you advocate for an alternative route. That's a coup.
Everything mentioned is allowable in the current law. Do you know there are more than one thousand places where a secretary can decide what to do?

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 09:28 AM

The ACA was intended to be the first step toward a single payer system. It first had to become accepted as an entitlement, then fail. Once it was an untouchable entitlement and failed, a complete government take over would be acceptable solution.

I don't know why you have such a difficult time accepting this fact.

MisterVeritis
07-25-2017, 10:28 AM
1. Stop the cost sharing subsidies.

"Congress has never actually voted to spend that money, and a federal judge ruled a year ago (http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20160512/NEWS/160519949) that it was illegal for the Obama administration to send that money to insurers without congressional approval."

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20170425/NEWS/170429910

Crepitus
07-25-2017, 06:23 PM
The ACA was intended to be the first step toward a single payer system. It first had to become accepted as an entitlement, then fail. Once it was an untouchable entitlement and failed, a complete government take over would be acceptable solution.

I don't know, maybe because it isn't a fact?

Peter1469
07-25-2017, 07:47 PM
Incorrect. Obama said as much a couple of times at town hall meetings when he was told single payer was the only solution.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 07:49 PM

Yours is the view from the average Democrat party hack.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Incorrect. Obama said as much a couple of times at town hall meetings when he was told single payer was the only solution.

He did. He told people to be patient.