PDA

View Full Version : Cruz being considered to replace Sessions

Ethereal
07-25-2017, 01:04 AM
Cruz being considered to replace Sessions: report (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343556-cruz-being-considered-to-replace-sessions-report)

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 07/24/17 07:57 PM EDT

President Trump and his advisers are floating possible replacements for Attorney General Jeff Sessions — and the list includes Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), The Washington Post reports.

Cruz and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) are reportedly among the candidates Trump’s team is considering to replace Sessions, though Giuliani said earlier in the day that he's not being considered.

Trump has repeatedly said that he is disappointed by Sessions’s decision to recuse himself from the probe into ties between the Trump administration and Russia, saying in an interview last week that he would have never hired Sessions if he knew he would recuse himself.

[...]

Trump should fire Sessions and then direct his new AG to fire Mueller and end the witch hunt. What will Democrats do in response? Call Trump a Putin puppet? Accuse him of being a Russian agent? Oh no!

resister
07-25-2017, 01:14 AM
Cruz would be another enemy in the gate. Bad choice.

Agent Zero
07-25-2017, 01:54 AM
Trump should fire Sessions and then direct his new AG to fire Mueller and end the witch hunt. What will Democrats do in response? Call Trump a Putin puppet? Accuse him of being a Russian agent? Oh no!

Why would he fire someone for doing their job?

Ethereal
07-25-2017, 02:40 AM
His "job" is to go on a fishing expedition spearheaded by coup plotters in the intelligence agencies.

Ethereal
07-25-2017, 02:41 AM
Cruz would be another enemy in the gate. Bad choice.
Yea, Cruz obviously can't be trusted. But if he could get him to fire Mueller, it might be worth it.

AeonPax
07-25-2017, 03:01 AM
`
Sessions and Cruz. Bad to worse.

Cletus
07-25-2017, 03:31 AM
Cruz would be a good AG, but he would be a better Supreme Court Justice.

Gowdy would be an excellent AG.

Ethereal
07-25-2017, 04:32 AM
`
Sessions and Cruz. Bad to worse.

I don't see how it can get much worse, with Sessions doing everything in his power to ramp up the failed war on drugs. In any case, if I were Trump, I would get someone in there to end the fishing expedition headed up by Mueller. He has little to lose and everything to gain.

stjames1_53
07-25-2017, 05:03 AM
I don't see how it can get much worse, with Sessions doing everything in his power to ramp up the failed war on drugs. In any case, if I were Trump, I would get someone in there to end the fishing expedition headed up by Mueller. He has little to lose and everything to gain.
he's also a big fan of civil forfeiture............ theft by badged highwaymen

Common
07-25-2017, 05:36 AM

Has sessions refused to fire him, or he cant because he recused himself

Beevee
07-25-2017, 06:07 AM

Nobody works for Trump instead of the American people unless they have their head up his ass. Isn't that obvious?

stjames1_53
07-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Nobody works for Trump instead of the American people unless they have their head up his ass. Isn't that obvious?

just who do you think Trump works for? I damned sure know he doesn't work for you. If there's anyone who has their head up their asses......it would be the liberals

MisterVeritis
07-25-2017, 12:11 PM
just who do you think Trump works for? I damned sure know he doesn't work for you. If there's anyone who has their head up their asses......it would be the liberals
He is trying to goad you into an infraction. :-)

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 01:06 PM

It's odd to all of a sudden see liberals now pretending to love Jeff Sessions. It wasn't that long ago they were calling him a racist and completely unfair to be the AG. What changed their view of the man?

Green Arrow
07-25-2017, 01:18 PM
It's odd to all of a sudden see liberals now pretending to love Jeff Sessions. It wasn't that long ago they were calling him a racist and completely unfair to be the AG. What changed their view of the man?

Agent Zero was referring to Mueller.

Cletus
07-25-2017, 01:19 PM
I find his username oddly appropriate.

Green Arrow
07-25-2017, 01:23 PM
I find his username oddly appropriate.

That's nice.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 01:24 PM

Agent Zero was referring to Mueller.

Follow the discussion. He was referring to both.

del
07-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Cruz would be a good AG, but he would be a better Supreme Court Justice.

Gowdy would be an excellent AG.

you're a hoot

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 02:10 PM
you're a hoot

Do you have anything of substance to add to the discussion?

Beevee
07-25-2017, 02:37 PM

Your ignorance of world politics exceeds your knowledge of US politics. I wish that piece of shit didn't work for me but the US bought the position with oodles of your taxes and he can't even live up to a fraction of it.

Beevee
07-25-2017, 02:40 PM

The same circumstances that changed Trump's love for him to hate. He has more respect for Americans than he has for the White House dummy and that rather hurts the residing pig.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 02:46 PM
The same circumstances that changed Trump's love for him to hate. He has more respect for Americans than he has for the White House dummy and that rather hurts the residing pig.. So, he's no longer a racist, bigot, sexist and a homophobe?

Beevee
07-25-2017, 03:48 PM
. So, he's no longer a racist, bigot, sexist and a homophobe?

He's an American. What more can I say?