PDA

View Full Version : No one dies without healthcare except America...

Scerab
07-25-2017, 02:53 PM
Well congratulation on passing the repeal and replace bill on the senate floor.
I though some one who has little time to live, like McCain, would vote against this bill. Imagine if some poor person in Az would be diagnosed with brain cancer, what will they do? Well with trumpcare, they die...
laugh all you want reds, this is not only about Medicaid, abortions and god! The bill suggests cuts to Medicare, remove pre-existing conditions coverage requirements, and the employer mandate to provide health coverage.
If your older then 60 then your screwed, unless your rich...
if you have a pre-existing condition, then your screwed, unless your rich...
If your a woman then your screwed unless your rich...
if your poor then your even more so screwed...
if your rich, you get to keep more money to buy more yachts and mansions that you rarely use...
And the list goes on...
think about that when you say god bless America...

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Didn't they simply show the courage to begin debating the bill which was passed by the house of reps?

That's a real courageous step to take. That really took guts.

Trumpster
07-25-2017, 03:33 PM
I though some one who has little time to live, like McCain, would vote against this bill. Imagine if some poor person in Az would be diagnosed with brain cancer, what will they do? Well with trumpcare, they die...
laugh all you want reds, this is not only about Medicaid, abortions and god! The bill suggests cuts to Medicare, remove pre-existing conditions coverage requirements, and the employer mandate to provide health coverage.
if your rich, you get to keep more money to buy more yachts and mansions that you rarely use...
And the list goes on...

How many people died because they couldn't afford the skyrocketing premiums and deductables under Obamacare? People even die in countries that have Universal Health Care; mostly because of rationing.

Hoosier8
07-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Hate to break it to y'all but everyone with healthcare dies too.

Hoosier8
07-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Hate to break it to y'all but everyone with healthcare INSURANCE dies too.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Well congratulation on passing the repeal and replace bill on the senate floor...

Could you tell us all about any of the details of this repeal and replace bill which just passed in the Senate today? It seems that you're the only one who believes this actually happened.

pjohns
07-25-2017, 04:48 PM
And the list goes on...
Are you just reading from Chuck Schumer's talking points?

By the way, just for the record, I am over 60, and far from "rich"--my net income is just about 42k per year, plus my wife's Social Security--but I am liable, according to the terms of my policy, to pick up a maximum of 5k per year; after which, the insurance carrier pays 100 percent.

And as to hospitalization, it pays 100 percent always. (Doctors' charges, of course, are separate; as regarding those, it pays just 85 percent of the negotiated charge, known as the "Plan Allowance.")

Anyway, in short, I hardly feel "screwed," just because I do not have ObamaCare...

donttread
07-25-2017, 04:51 PM
And the list goes on...

McCain doesn't just have Medicare . He has better insurance. SS and Medicare should be untouched as they wereearmaked funds. Let the assholes who squandered the money back it back from their millions.
We are too rich a country to have so many under insured people.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 05:30 PM
The current crop of Republicans make me sick. They need the VP to break a tie to allow themselves to discuss and debate a bill passed by the house. Is this really something which is considered difficult or courageous?

What has happened when allowing a debate on a bill passed by the house is considered a political victory? Every one of these gutless punks needs to be flushed out.

This is bizarre.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 05:32 PM
...We are too rich a country to have so many under insured people.

Why should we insure the uninsured. Especially if they choose to be uninsured? Is there a limit to what government should provide?

Peter1469
07-25-2017, 05:35 PM
The GOP with just as worthless as the Dems.

pjohns
07-25-2017, 06:25 PM
The current crop of Republicans make me sick. ...Every one of these gutless punks needs to be flushed out.
Most particularly, Susan Collins (of Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (of Alaska).

The acronym, "RINOs" (Republicans In Name Only) is overused, I believe; but it certainly fits here.

(As regarding Susan Collins, if she were primaried and defeated, Maine would probably elect a Democrat to replace her. But I would rather be stabbed in the front than to be stabbed in the back, by an ostensible ally...

Crepitus
07-25-2017, 06:40 PM
Didn't they simply show the courage to begin debating the bill which was passed by the house of reps?

That's a real courageous step to take. That really took guts.

No, it didnt. Trump threatened to find primary challengers for anyone who didn't vote for it. It was cowardance.

Crepitus
07-25-2017, 06:41 PM
How many people died because they couldn't afford the skyrocketing premiums and deductables under Obamacare? People even die in countries that have Universal Health Care; mostly because of rationing.

You mean the skyrocketing deductibles and premiums that are the republican's fault?

texan
07-25-2017, 07:27 PM
And the list goes on...
Sure and 22 million people covered on Ocare. Why should we believe anything you just repeated?

Scerab
07-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Hate to break it to y'all but everyone with healthcare INSURANCE dies too.
There is a HUGE difference between some one dying of a completely preventable affliction, mainly due to lack of healthcare and someone who dies of a terminal illness despite having good health coverage, like McCain. The former suffers with dignity while the latter has a team catering to his/her medical needs.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 07:52 PM
You mean the skyrocketing deductibles and premiums that are the republican's fault?

They were a predicted consequence of the ACA when it was passed.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 07:54 PM
There is a HUGE difference between some one dying of a completely preventable affliction, mainly due to lack of healthcare and someone who dies of a terminal illness despite having good health coverage, like McCain. The former suffers with dignity while the latter has a team catering to his/her medical needs.

I asked you earlier to show me where the Republicans just voted to repeal the ACA as you claimed in your opening post. Can you do that?

Scerab
07-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Are you just reading from Chuck Schumer's talking points?

By the way, just for the record, I am over 60, and far from "rich"--my net income is just about 42k per year, plus my wife's Social Security--but I am liable, according to the terms of my policy, to pick up a maximum of 5k per year; after which, the insurance carrier pays 100 percent.

And as to hospitalization, it pays 100 percent always. (Doctors' charges, of course, are separate; as regarding those, it pays just 85 percent of the negotiated charge, known as the "Plan Allowance.")

Anyway, in short, I hardly feel "screwed," just because I do not have ObamaCare...
42k is a great income. Especially for someone over 60. Many Americans are living on much less. This is the era of the gig economy. Of course the reds, despite being the religious party, don't really care.
Furthermore, you did not go into drug coverage and Medicare, both will have cuts that benefit the rich.
I just cannot believe it, how did the %1 enslave the minds of conservatives. You people are hurting your peers to benefit those who could not care less about your well being.

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:01 PM
The current crop of Republicans make me sick. They need the VP to break a tie to allow themselves to discuss and debate a bill passed by the house. Is this really something which is considered difficult or courageous?

What has happened when allowing a debate on a bill passed by the house is considered a political victory? Every one of these gutless punks needs to be flushed out.

This is bizarre.

Of course only a red neck high on moon shine would utter such rubbish.
Those red senators who did voted no on the bill, did so because even the mere discussion of this deleterious trumpcare will sway many of the health insurers away from the markets of thier respective states, and that hurts thier constituents who are on Medicaid.
But that again, its clear that reds don't care about that. Instead of fixing a policy that helps millions, they want to scrap it and give tax breaks to those who bought the political system.
Open your eyes Americans. The White House is controlled by billioanrs. Do you think they will easily cede that power with out first trying to consolidate thier power and influence first?

Kalkin
07-25-2017, 08:05 PM
Just repeal it.

Peter1469
07-25-2017, 08:08 PM
42k is a great income. Especially for someone over 60. Many Americans are living on much less. This is the era of the gig economy. Of course the reds, despite being the religious party, don't really care.
Furthermore, you did not go into drug coverage and Medicare, both will have cuts that benefit the rich.
I just cannot believe it, how did the %1 enslave the minds of conservatives. You people are hurting your peers to benefit those who could not care less about your well being.

You are shitting me. I make 3X that and it isn't enough (for the DC area).

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:17 PM

Ask your selves, why did premiums and deductibles increase? Why do insurance companies pull out of the market?
Simple! It's the BS happening on capital hill. The insurance companies are concerned that the red politicians would take away the health care premium subsidies and cost insurance, leaving those healthcare insurance companies to bare the full economic brunt of the ACA.
So under such uncertainty, these for profit companies decided to leave.
Rather then getting together and fixing the issues, we devide the land and fight each other, making it easier and cheaper for the billionaires to buy out the politicians who are eager to sell thier constituents for an easy buck...

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:22 PM
You are $#@!ting me. I make 3X that and it isn't enough (for the DC area).
So you make over $120k and it's not enough?
Your one of the top earners in this country and your not satisfied?
Disgusting...
there are families of four who subsist on less then 36k a year. And of course the reds are trying to make thier lives a raging hell, all because these low income families cannot afford to pay thousands of dollars for speechs by those politicians.
god bless America

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:26 PM
Just repeal it.

Yup!! Let's repeal the ACA and celebrate with a round of moon shine! Curtesy of the red neck hick...
that was sarcastic in case you did not figure it out...
Simply Repealing the ACA will send shock waves through out the American economy that might start an other recession.

Archer0915
07-25-2017, 08:33 PM
Being one without insurance I must say... Kill O-Care so I can afford insurance.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 08:39 PM
Of course only a red neck high on moon shine would utter such rubbish.
Those red senators who did voted no on the bill, did so because even the mere discussion of this deleterious trumpcare will sway many of the health insurers away from the markets of thier respective states, and that hurts thier constituents who are on Medicaid.
But that again, its clear that reds don't care about that. Instead of fixing a policy that helps millions, they want to scrap it and give tax breaks to those who bought the political system.
Open your eyes Americans. The White House is controlled by billioanrs. Do you think they will easily cede that power with out first trying to consolidate thier power and influence first?

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that no one has ever said that you are a smart guy.

Kalkin
07-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Yup!! Let's repeal the ACA and celebrate with a round of moon shine! Curtesy of the red neck hick...
I don't mind if you celebrate with moonshine. I prefer Duvel, but to each his own.

Simply Repealing the ACA will send shock waves through out the American economy that might start an other recession.That's your opinion. Mine differs.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 08:42 PM
that was sarcastic in case you did not figure it out...
Simply Repealing the ACA will send shock waves through out the American economy that might start an other recession.

Are you still thinking that the Senate Republicans today voted to repeal the ACA?

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 08:44 PM
The GOP with just as worthless as the Dems.

I think they are worse. They represent themselves as committed conservatives, but govern just like big government liberals.

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Are you still thinking that the Senate Republicans today voted to repeal the ACA?
To me what the reds did today is nothing short of opening Pandora's box...

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:48 PM
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that no one has ever said that you are a smart guy.
Oh and I assume that your free online IQ test showed how intelligent you are? What was your IQ? 150? 180? Or maybe even 200?

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 08:48 PM

By opening up debate on a proposed bill? What other debate do you want to shut down? Are there also some books you want to burn? You're a freaking hack.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 08:49 PM
Oh and I assume that your free online IQ test showed how intelligent you are? What was your IQ? 150? 180? Or maybe even 200?

Can you admit that your thread was created on a false premise?

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:51 PM
By opening up debate on a proposed bill? What other debate do you want to shut down? Are there also some books you want to burn? You're a freaking hack.
It's ludicrous how you think it's going to be a debate...
in our political system where the few elite own the swamp of Washington, there can only be a theatrical performance for the press followed by what ever the billionaires dictate...

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:52 PM
Can you admit that your thread was created on a false premise?
When considering the grand scheme of things, it was not...

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 08:57 PM
When considering the grand scheme of things, it was not...

You're a waste of energy.

You start a thread complaining about the Republicans repealing the ACA when that didn't happen. You can't even admit that you made a mistake.

Peter1469
07-25-2017, 08:59 PM
So you make over $120k and it's not enough?
Your one of the top earners in this country and your not satisfied?
Disgusting...
there are families of four who subsist on less then 36k a year. And of course the reds are trying to make thier lives a raging hell, all because these low income families cannot afford to pay thousands of dollars for speechs by those politicians.
god bless America
What was that old cartoon- pay attention in school?

If you are making $34K the problem is likely you.

Scerab
07-25-2017, 08:59 PM
You're a waste of energy.

How interesting it is that we primarily see ourselves in what we perceive from others.

Scerab
07-25-2017, 09:01 PM
What was that old cartoon- pay attention in school?

If you are making $34K the problem is likely you.

Not all of Americans have rich parents to pay for college, first car, down payment for first house, etc...
Do you want me to refer to you as "my lord"?
That was sarcastic....

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 09:02 PM
This guy should for in quite well with Bo-4 and Crepitus.

Scerab
07-25-2017, 09:06 PM
This guy should for in quite well with Bo-4 and Crepitus.
Sorry I don't read gibberish...
care to try again.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 09:23 PM
Sorry I don't read gibberish...
care to try again.

One more time.... Are you sticking with your comment that the Republicans just repealed the ACA? Can you finally muster the ability to answer that easy question?

Tahuyaman
07-25-2017, 09:48 PM

I really wish you would answer two questions. One, when did the Senate approve repealing the ACA and second, how is engaging in a discussion or debate on a bill which has no chance of passing opening Pandora's box?

I know those two questions might be too complicated for you, but give it a try.

Scerab
07-26-2017, 11:39 AM
I really wish you would answer two questions. One, when did the Senate approve repealing the ACA and second, how is engaging in a discussion or debate on a bill which has no chance of passing opening Pandora's box?

I will not entertain your condescension...

Tahuyaman
07-26-2017, 12:08 PM

I will not entertain your condescension...

You won't answer because you don't want to admit that your OP was created under a false premise.

pjohns
07-26-2017, 12:17 PM
42k is a great income.

Really?

Then you must believe that 59k (roughly what my wife and I together net) is, well, astronomical.

But the Motley Fool notes that "[a]ccording to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average household income was $73,298 in 2014, the latest year for which complete data is available."

Furthermore, you did not go into drug coverage...
Well, I recently paid just 32 cents--that is no misprint--as coinsurance for a 90-day supply of a drug. And that is not subject to change, regardless of whether ObamaCare is repealed.

(Personally, I would prefer to see the Federal Government get out of the healthcare business, altogether. And yes, that includes Medicare and Medicaid, also.)

Trumpster
07-26-2017, 03:41 PM

No, premiums were going up every year, long before Trump became president.

Scerab
07-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Really?

Then you must believe that 59k (roughly what my wife and I together net) is, well, astronomical.

But the Motley Fool notes that "[a]ccording to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average household income was $73,298 in 2014, the latest year for which complete data is available."

Well, I recently paid just 32 cents--that is no misprint--as coinsurance for a 90-day supply of a drug. And that is not subject to change, regardless of whether ObamaCare is repealed.

(Personally, I would prefer to see the Federal Government get out of the healthcare business, altogether. And yes, that includes Medicare and Medicaid, also.)

Your income is good and enables you to buy a house, save, consume, and in some instances invest.
The average annual income in the us per household is around 52k. But there are many people who fall short of that. Furthermore, people are falling through the gaps from middle class into poverty.
As for your personal example about drug prices, count your blessing that you don't need a brand drug or have a terrible chronic illness, which requires many brand only drugs.

are you actually suggesting that America ends Medicare and Medicaid? If so, America will no longer be a developed nation in the 21 century...

Crepitus
07-26-2017, 07:11 PM
No, premiums were going up every year, long before Trump became president.

Who said anything about trump? You feel the need to defend him even when he's not been mentioned?

pjohns
07-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Your income is good and enables you to buy a house, save, consume, and in some instances invest.

Whereas I would not plead poverty, I would also not consider myself wealthy. In fact, far from it.

As for saving and investing, I am a strong believer in the "pay yourself first" philosophy: i.e. save and invest first--not merely later, if enough money is "left over"--since there will never be enough left over. (This applies just as much to the upper-middle class as to the lower-middle class; people tend to consume up to their abilities to do so, if they do not properly discipline themselves.)

The average annual income in the us per household is around 52k. But there are many people who fall short of that.

Can you verify that? (The Motley Fool said that it was $73,298 in 2014.)

Here is the link: https://www.fool.com/retirement/2016/10/30/heres-the-average-american-household-income-how-do.aspx

are you actually suggesting that America ends Medicare and Medicaid? If so, America will no longer be a developed nation in the 21 century...
I think you equate being "a developed nation in the 21 century" with being a European-style (or even Canadian-style) nation.

In other words, with being a social democracy (a.k.a. a democratic-socialist state)...

Trumpster
07-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Who said anything about trump? You feel the need to defend him even when he's not been mentioned?

The point was not to defend Trump, I was just making the point that the Republicans in congress couldn't have made any changes to make premiums go up while Obama was still in office.

Therefore, if Republicans couldn't have made any changes, rising premiums and deductibles were the result of Obamacare.

In other words, Obama lied and people died because they couldn't afford the premiums and deductibles.

Crepitus
07-28-2017, 01:25 PM
The point was not to defend Trump, I was just making the point that the Republicans in congress couldn't have made any changes to make premiums go up while Obama was still in office.

Therefore, if Republicans couldn't have made any changes, rising premiums and deductibles were the result of Obamacare.

In other words, Obama lied and people died because they couldn't afford the premiums and deductibles.

Actually they did. Marco Rubio inserted a rider into budget legislation in December of 2014 that closed the risk corridor, causing premiums to go up and insurance companies to get out of the marketplace.

Peter1469
07-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Actually they did. Marco Rubio inserted a rider into budget legislation in December of 2014 that closed the risk corridor, causing premiums to go up and insurance companies to get out of the marketplace.

The risk corridor was flaky from the get go.

Crepitus
07-28-2017, 05:12 PM
The risk corridor was flaky from the get go.

That is your opinion, I am aware. Nonetheless it's removal is the reason for many of Obamacare's woes.

Peter1469
07-28-2017, 06:17 PM
That is your opinion, I am aware. Nonetheless it's removal is the reason for many of Obamacare's woes.

yes

Trumpster
07-31-2017, 12:22 PM

Requiring insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions in the first place was a perversion of the insurance industry and the true cost of Obamacare revealed itself. It was a lie of omission to let people think that it would still be insurance. That's not how insurance works. It was another lie on top of saying there would be lower premiums and that you could keep your plan and your doctor.

BTW, I assume Obama signed the budget legislation - nice!