PDA

View Full Version : Kudos on a cool feature of this site!

oceanloverOH
11-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I guess Technical Issues is as good a place as any. I just wanted to point out the Similar Threads feature at the end of each thread, bottom of the page. You can find threads in the same general topic and just click to take you there.

What a unique and useful concept! Whoever came up with the idea to format that: :greatjob:

Conley
11-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Oh neat, never realized that before...I'm going to run see what it says at the bottom of the FU thread :laugh:

edit: Can't find it :sad:

oceanloverOH
11-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I found it at the end of a thread about Hillary....not sure what it's keying on; word repetition throughout different threads? Tags? Still a great concept.

oceanloverOH
11-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Here's where I first saw this feature: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/341-Requiem-for-Hillary

If you advance to the end of that thread and go to the bottom of the page, you'll see the Similar Threads links. Click on any of those links, and it'll take you to the new thread, which has a bunch more links at the end of it and so on. What I can't figure out is how the Similar Threads feature gets inserted at the end of a thread, with links to similar topics, because I can't find any other current threads that have it. If there's a way to make that happen, I'd like to explore it, because it's quite useful.

Techies?

Deadwood
12-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Here's where I first saw this feature: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/341-Requiem-for-Hillary

If you advance to the end of that thread and go to the bottom of the page, you'll see the Similar Threads links. Click on any of those links, and it'll take you to the new thread, which has a bunch more links at the end of it and so on. What I can't figure out is how the Similar Threads feature gets inserted at the end of a thread, with links to similar topics, because I can't find any other current threads that have it. If there's a way to make that happen, I'd like to explore it, because it's quite useful.

Techies?

It's called tagging. When you start a thread, or any time, you can tag it with reference words like "Hillary; whore;" and like than and whenever either Hilary or Whore comes up it will automatically add to the list at the bottom.

Of course Hilary is NOT a whore...she would go broke