PDA

View Full Version : Help with eggplants

Odz
07-26-2017, 07:42 AM
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on protecting eggplants, the actual eggplant itself, the plant (foliage) is fine. Some insect is eating out the newly developing little ones. I'm not opposed to spraying but can you bag the eggplant? Maybe cheese cloth to keep pests off? Appreciate any advise:)

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

stjames1_53
07-26-2017, 08:10 AM
no

Common Sense
07-26-2017, 08:16 AM
Soapy water sprayed on them might help.

Odz
07-26-2017, 08:24 AM
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on protecting eggplants, the actual eggplant itself, the plant (foliage) is fine. Some insect is eating out the newly developing little ones. I'm not opposed to spraying but can you bag the eggplant? Maybe cheese cloth to keep pests off? Appreciate any advise:)

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using TapatalkThis post was supposed to land in another forum#learning curve.

Common
07-26-2017, 12:31 PM

My grandfather grew alot of eggplant, it was a staple for us. Ive never seen him bag the eggplant, I believe it would rot it. He did spray the eggplants, but he used one of those old fashioned pump can contraptions.

Most counties have agriculture depts that will give you free information on what you need to grow

Captain Obvious
07-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Who grows eggplants?

Tomatoes or zucchini

Please...

Peter1469
07-26-2017, 08:13 PM
We grew eggplants when I was growing up.