PDA

View Full Version : Please Tell Us Why You Are a Liberal and Why.

Shady Slim
07-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Help me wrap my head around those that think this way. Try to keep out snarkism. I am serious about this request.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 05:52 PM
I can tell you why I'm not a liberal: high IQ and self sufficient.

Private Pickle
07-27-2017, 06:08 PM
I'm a Classic Liberal because I value the freedom of individuals. Namely the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and markets in addition to extremely limited government.

Common Sense
07-27-2017, 06:16 PM
I believe in society and the social contract, civility (most of the time), altruism, understanding that the state of the most vulnerable amongst us reflects on us as a society, tolerance, empathy, science and progress and in the end I want what is best for all people. I think the liberal approach is the right approach.

Conversely I don't believe that society will just figure itself out and that the invisible hand will eventually right all wrongs. I believe that democratic organization and governance is necessary in the complex world and society we live in today. I don't believe that others should be left without help when they need it and that society functions best when safeguards are in place to help those that need it. I don't believe that government is some evil entity, but rather a flawed one in progress. The basic foundation of liberalism is the want to help and to make things better for everyone.

All that being said, there are strong points and strengths in conservatism and liberals are far, far from perfect. Indeed they are very flawed, but overall I think their intentions are more selfless than conservatives. Liberalism and specifically progressivism has made horrible blunders and has made some problems worse, but I don't think the other approach works. Far more people suffer under it. There is a huge problem with the idea that you can social engineer your way out of problems and I only hope liberals learn from their mistakes.

As a side note, I think the division between the left and the right is beyond philosophies. It is simply people's reactions to their environment. If I was raised in a conservative household in a rural area, I would certainly be more conservative. I fully understand where rural conservatives are coming from and I would only wish that they would try to understand why liberalism and cities are so intertwined. I believe many conservative ideals do work in rural areas, they just don't work in large urban areas. It's clear from any electoral map that the true divide in more geographical than anything else.

Common Sense
07-27-2017, 06:18 PM
These sorts of comments are just another wedge in your country.

This notion that liberals are dumb or all on welfare is no more true than the notion that conservatives are all ignorant, inbred, racist, fat greedy mullet wearers.

Most liberals I know are not as you describe. I'm sure that most conservatives are not what I sarcastically described.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:04 PM
These sorts of comments are just another wedge in your country.
If the truth is a wedge, so be it.

This notion that liberals are dumb or all on welfare is no more true than the notion that conservatives are all ignorant, inbred, racist, fat greedy mullet wearers.
Not all of them are dumb or on welfare, but it is an ideology of weaklings, losers, and marxists. Generally speaking. Some conservatives fit your description as well.

Most liberals I know are not as you describe. I'm sure that most conservatives are not what I sarcastically described.
And?

Crepitus
07-27-2017, 07:06 PM

And 0% savings so you can "buy low and sell high on the open market"

Lol.

Beevee
07-27-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm a liberal because I don't believe people should be condemned to death if they can't afford to stay alive.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:18 PM
And 0% savings so you can "buy low and sell high on the open market"

Lol.

I have plenty of savings. Pay better attention before opening your piehole and looking the fool.

Lol.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:22 PM
I'm a liberal because I don't believe people should be condemned to death if they can't afford to stay alive.
They all die sooner or later. If you want to spend your money delaying that fact, no one is stopping you except yourself.

Common Sense
07-27-2017, 07:32 PM

Not all of them are dumb or on welfare, but it is an ideology of weaklings, losers, and marxists. Generally speaking. Some conservatives fit your description as well.

And?

...but it's not the truth. It's hyperbolic nonsense. If you really believe it's an ideology of "weaklings, losers, and marxists.", then you're no better than the people who think the poor or the blue collar middle class are ignorant idiots. You end up essentially being exactly the same as those you seem to hate.

You end up being the same as some liberal elitist. The flip side of the same coin. Basing your views on stereotypes and bullshit.

resister
07-27-2017, 07:46 PM
...but it's not the truth. It's hyperbolic nonsense. If you really believe it's an ideology of "weaklings, losers, and marxists.", then you're no better than the people who think the poor or the blue collar middle class are ignorant idiots. You end up essentially being exactly the same as those you seem to hate.

You end up being the same as some liberal elitist. The flip side of the same coin. Basing your views on stereotypes and bullshit. So tell us how you feel when people use the word conversate, again! lol

Beevee
07-27-2017, 07:46 PM
They all die sooner or later. If you want to spend your money delaying that fact, no one is stopping you except yourself.

Only the good die young. How old are you?

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:48 PM
I don't hate anyone. I just call it like I see it. Modern liberals are all about involuntary wealth redistribution. That makes them marxists, whether they realize it or not. It also generally makes them weak (as they lack the strength to give of their own largess) and losers (as evidenced by their political losses).

You end up being the same as some liberal elitist. The flip side of the same coin. Basing your views on stereotypes and bull$#@!.
Do you deny the liberal support of marxist wealth redistribution? That's what they vote for, that's what they believe is the right thing to do.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Old enough not to base my beliefs on song lyrics. You?

Casper
07-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Guessing by the posts either 99 or 12.

Thinking the OP should have warned about the trolls when they asked the question, they are ever present on certain topics, best ignored.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Guessing by the posts either 99 or 12.

Decades from either. Try again.

Crepitus
07-27-2017, 07:52 PM
I have plenty of savings. Pay better attention before opening your piehole and looking the fool.

Lol.

You have no savings, if ypu did you would know how they work. You probably have no job. My guess is you are around 15 years old and still live with your parents. You don't even have enough life experiences to fake a good game.

del
07-27-2017, 07:53 PM
You have no savings, if ypu did you would know how they work. You probably have no job. My guess is you are around 15 years old and still live with your parents. You don't even have enough life experiences to fake a good game.
but he has high intelligence

he told us himself

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:55 PM
You are totally wrong on all counts (well, the job thing is kinda liquid, tbh). At least you're consistent.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 07:57 PM
but he has high intelligence

he told us himself
It really depends on whom you compare me to. 138 is my IQ, whether you believe it or not.
I do know when to capitalize words when writing a sentence, so I've got that.

midcan5
07-27-2017, 08:00 PM
This is a very old post, I'm sure I'd modify it today - very little. lol

I wanted to answer a common question of why I am a liberal.

When I grew up no one spoke much about left or right, liberal or conservative in the terms they are used now. When we weren't talking girls, we were talking cars or the draft. This was the early sixties. We weren't really politically sophisticated and the strong differences of today were completely off our radar screen. We were republicans and democrats, but no one took it very seriously and while some would argue the benefits of one candidate over another, it had none of the vitriol of today. We didn't even argue Vietnam, Communism was associated with a domino theory of falling states and we would all have to do our duty and fight it before we too fell to communism. Of course we didn't have 24 hour TV commentary to fill our heads with ideas of good and bad. Was that a naive world view, I suppose you could say so, it was simple and had none of the political emotion displayed today. We were all just Americans.

Many items changed all that in my (our) mind: Vietnam and then later the collapse of the Communist block or Russian communism were important pieces. Another part of that was the rise of a Conservative sensibility backed by money and think tanks. I was not aware of this later movement until more recently. Nam made us question ourselves deeply, how could we ever lose, weren't we always right, and didn't we always win. The debate raged inside the country and many never got over it. Those of us who served the country also changed, and many took sides. The hippie and drug movement shocked many, the sixties were an interesting time for re-evaluating America and life in general. In the seventies those who survived Nam or drugs or both settled down and married - we became our parents.

Let me backup a step. I can remember Church on Sunday, praying for the conversion of Russia and during the week pulling the shades down in our class room to prepare for nuclear holocaust. Imagine crawling under your desk in hopes you would survive the bomb. Some who post here probably did the same. Total annihilation sure focuses your political fears, clear cut enemies make politics a lot easier. But then communism died of its own incompetency and we thought not only were we winners again but we were right again, Ronald Reagan told us so. But along with Reagan's optimism there came a 'us against you feeling'. Reagan was tough, Carter was weak, and the seeds of division grew.

Am I a liberal because I was born that way. Is that it I sometimes wonder. I cannot imagine not being liberal, it would be impossible for me to say I am a conservative. How is it conservative came to mean something so alien in my mind. And yet liberal is so alien to other minds. It wasn't because we had a left wing Coulter, Savage, Rush, or Hannity bashing conservatives. I think there is a personality component to it. How you label it is difficult and prone to error but it constitutes a way of viewing life. There are a set of subjects that when mentioned can easily define where you stand in our political culture. Government, welfare, abortion, affirmative action, and taxes are among the chief ones.

Deep inside me somewhere being a conservative is similar to Plato's image of people in a cave, content with watching shadows. There is just so much more outside the cave than in it. I see conservatives as lacking in imagination and uneducated in life. Empathic experience is missing. Imagine you were born in the dark ages or during the inquisition or in any intolerant state, those times and places and ideas are conservative to me. Single issues often define or motivate conservatives, it is a narrow vision that is stiff and inflexible.

Is this intolerant of me, is this bigotry too. In a sense, yes, and my only argument for that is that when we are stuck in one frame of mind, when you refuse to question your assumptions, as I feel conservatives do, you are bound to get into trouble. You fail to see the other side may have a valid point. A conservative may reply but wait you stick to your positions too. Yes, but there is a level of openness and frankness in liberals I never see in conservatives. Genuine liberals change.

When I listen to conservative radio, I wonder how does anyone listen. The rhetoric is the rhetoric of intolerance. Often it deals with perceptions of another person, it interprets motives and reads into all statements meanings that are defined by the commentator. Its message sorts issues neatly into categories, and then labels this or that issue bad. Nothing in life so brings people together as a common foe. Everything then makes sense as 'they' are the cause. Today you would think liberals were that cause. I think the conservative movement in this country has deeply divided the nation. Terrorism should have brought us together, and it may have, had we not a mediocre president and an administration that live in a world of conservative labels.

We are all just fragile humans and it is easy or maybe it is hard to understand the fears and concerns of life. Depends on your age sometimes. Life is full of uncertainty and sometimes confusion, people are hard to understand and luck sometimes blesses the worst, but we need to get away from this politics of blame and try to understand. It is just too easy to always question and disparage the motives of others. Earlier I mentioned the conservative think tanks, I have noticed in the past years that criticism coming from them attains a life of its own. Consider any issue, Clinton's infidelity or a Kerry slip of tongue, soon the words pass into the conservative propaganda network and you would think that all that mattered were a few words. That all a person can be is measured in a few words has to make us wonder. Imagine if we applied this same level of scrutiny to ourselves?

So how is it we bridge this divide? We do so as we did forty years ago when we recognized we are Americans and all those who label to blame need to be called out and finally ignored. One question in the presidential debates was how we return to a safer past, I thought the question naive. Were depressions, world wars, fear of communism and nuclear holocaust a safer world? Hardly. My mother's stories of the depression surely impressed upon me the fragility of economics and society. We will always have our extremists in the world, but we need to face them straight on and attempt to understand the whys. The sooner we learn we are all on this spaceship together, the better it will be, the sooner we attempt to understand each other, and look closely at issues and not labels the better we will be.

I will always be a liberal, I still get up each morning high on life - maybe it is biology. For me liberal will always mean progress, fairness, discovery, art, medicine, tolerance, science, hope, sharing, responsibility, it means being alive, it means taking a chance, and it means experiencing all of the complexity of life and facing it squarely and still enjoying it. It means once in a while saying, damn, I was wrong. It comes down to living ethically. Does conservative mean those things too, I'll let a conservative answer.

"Liberals demand that the social order should in principle be capable of explaining itself at the tribunal of each person's understanding." Jeremy Waldron

del
07-27-2017, 08:02 PM
lol

Common Sense
07-27-2017, 08:07 PM
I don't hate anyone. I just call it like I see it. Modern liberals are all about involuntary wealth redistribution. That makes them marxists, whether they realize it or not. It also generally makes them weak (as they lack the strength to give of their own largess) and losers (as evidenced by their political losses).

Do you deny the liberal support of marxist wealth redistribution? That's what they vote for, that's what they believe is the right thing to do.

But it actually doesn't make them Marxists. Marxism is a theory that calls for control of all production and no private property. They believe in dialectical materialism and eventually a classless society. American liberals and specifically Democrats don't.

When you describe liberals as Marxists, you make it very hard to take your argument seriously. It's like calling the interstate road system and National parks communism, or calling the Boy Scouts Nazis, or the GOP racists. None are true.

Taxation and social safety net are not Marxism. Neither are fire departments or libraries.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 08:14 PM
But it actually doesn't make them Marxists. Marxism is a theory that calls for control of all production and no private property. They believe in dialectical materialism and eventually a classless society. American liberals and specifically Democrats don't.
When you describe liberals as Marxists, you make it very hard to take your argument seriously. It's like calling the interstate road system and National parks communism, or calling the Boy Scouts Nazis, or the GOP racists. None are true.
Taxation and social safety net are not Marxism. Neither are fire departments or libraries.
All government has elements of marxism. That being said, liberals want to have more, conservatives, less. It's not about where we are, it's about the direction we're heading. I'm not an anarchist. I believe government has a role in an orderly society. I also believe that role should be precisely defined and strictly limited. As far as I'm concerned, if you support UHC, you are striving towards more marxist redistribution philosophy and away from liberty and personal responsibility.

Common Sense
07-27-2017, 08:18 PM
All government has elements of marxism. That being said, liberals want to have more, conservatives, less. It's not about where we are, it's about the direction we're heading. I'm not an anarchist. I believe government has a role in an orderly society. I also believe that role should be precisely defined and strictly limited. As far as I'm concerned, if you support UHC, you are striving towards more marxist redistribution philosophy and away from liberty and personal responsibility.

That's hyperbolic though. Universal Healthcare is no more Marxist than Medicare or pensions. Yes, the poor pay less than others, but that's true of all services (roads, FDA, police, fire, FAA, parks etc...). Calling it Marxism doesn't serve your argument. It just makes it sound like you don't know what Marxism is.

del
07-27-2017, 08:20 PM
It really depends on whom you compare me to. 138 is my IQ, whether you believe it or not.
I do know when to capitalize words when writing a sentence, so I've got that.
that's quite a feat

can you count to 21 with your pants on?

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 08:23 PM
That's hyperbolic though. Universal Healthcare is no more Marxist than Medicare or pensions. Yes, the poor pay less than others, but that's true of all services (roads, FDA, police, fire, FAA, parks etc...). Calling it Marxism doesn't serve your argument. It just makes it sound like you don't know what Marxism is.
Like I said, it's about the direction we're heading. I'd like to abolish all those programs and restrict the federal government to those things specifically outlined in the first nine amendments. If you want to pile more responsibilities upon it, funded by redistributing wealth from those who have means to those who have needs, you're moving in a marxist direction and I will oppose you. It's really that simple at it's core.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 08:24 PM
that's quite a feat

can you count to 21 with your pants on?

Do you always play the fool?

Don't answer, it was a rhetorical question (del runs to check his dictionary).

del
07-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Do you always play the fool?

Don't answer, it was a rhetorical question (del runs to check his dictionary).

try harder

Common Sense
07-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Like I said, it's about the direction we're heading. I'd like to abolish all those programs and restrict the federal government to those things specifically outlined in the first nine amendments. If you want to pile more responsibilities upon it, funded by redistributing wealth from those who have means to those who have needs, you're moving in a marxist direction and I will oppose you. It's really that simple at it's core.
Ugh...it's not Marxism. You can call it whatever you wish, but it doesn't make it real.

Let me ask you, would you get rid of programs and departments that you deem "marxist"? Should the Federal govt not help maintain the power grid? How about the interstate highway system? The FAA?

The reality is that modern nations need some top down organization and some of this organization will be funded disproportionately by those who are wealthy and less so by those with little or no wealth. The benefit for those who pay more is that they get an infrastructure that they can use to generate more wealth. A highway system to deliver goods and services. A workforce to draw on with skills and education. With UHC, they get a labour force that is healthy and that costs less to them. It's about creating a functional society, not stealing your money.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 09:30 PM
try harder

Try smarter.

del
07-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Try smarter.

try 9th grade

you'll like it

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Ugh...it's not Marxism. You can call it whatever you wish, but it doesn't make it real.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need (or needs) is a slogan (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slogan) that Karl Marx (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx) made popular in his writing Critique of the Gotha program (https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Critique_of_the_Gotha_program&action=edit&redlink=1), published in 1875."
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_each_according_to_his_ability,_to_each_accord ing_to_his_need

Let me ask you, would you get rid of programs and departments that you deem "marxist"? Should the Federal govt not help maintain the power grid? How about the interstate highway system? The FAA? The reality is that modern nations need some top down organization and some of this organization will be funded disproportionately by those who are wealthy and less so by those with little or no wealth. The benefit for those who pay more is that they get an infrastructure that they can use to generate more wealth. A highway system to deliver goods and services. A workforce to draw on with skills and education. With UHC, they get a labour force that is healthy and that costs less to them. It's about creating a functional society, not stealing your money. I've previously stated that I believe all government contains degrees of marxism. I want less, you want more. That is the crux of it. UHC is adding more.

Kalkin
07-27-2017, 09:39 PM
try 9th grade

you'll like it
As if you'd know. You write like a preschool dropout.

Mini Me
07-27-2017, 10:11 PM

Don't you realize you have been propagandized by the corporate elitists? They grab much more of our money than any food stamper!

Common Sense
07-27-2017, 10:13 PM
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need (or needs) is a slogan (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slogan) that Karl Marx (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx) made popular in his writing Critique of the Gotha program (https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Critique_of_the_Gotha_program&action=edit&redlink=1), published in 1875."
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_each_according_to_his_ability,_to_each_accord ing_to_his_need

I've previously stated that I believe all government contains degrees of marxism. I want less, you want more. That is the crux of it. UHC is adding more.

You've demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about. I would be careful disparaging others if I were you.

Tahuyaman
07-27-2017, 10:18 PM

That comment is ignorance on full display.

Kalkin
07-28-2017, 12:25 AM
You've demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about. I would be careful disparaging others if I were you.

If you were me you wouldn't give a shyt what someone with an oxymoron name thought about it.

Casper
07-28-2017, 08:06 AM
I see the troll just keeps on trolling, good grief everyone knows you hate any form of Liberalism, Socialism or anything left of Far Right. FYI the OP question was not directed at you, yet you continue to feel the need to spit at those it was meant for, You had your say so just move on to another topic, one that actually relates to you. Good Grief, go take a walk outside and breath some fresh air, it will do wonders for your blood pressure.

Refugee
07-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Try looking at the differences between socialist and socialism and the differences between those and Marxism.

The fact is that never being able to attain the equality and fairness that liberalism proposes and that others have to pay for, where does it all end? In food kitchens, unemployment and mass government dependency? Because that’s what half a century of liberalism in Europe has produced.

I can see the lure of liberalism and the entitlement culture, but behind all the soundbites and politics, has anyone but the bankers, politicians and corporations benefitted from it? A better question might have been, what have you gained from living in a liberal west? The civil unrest, mass unemployment, crime, drugs . . . so my point is that after two decades of EU progressivism and ten years of Obama, surely time enough for all the fairness and equality to be achieved, where is it, or is there even a thing such as liberalism? Has liberalism just evolved into whatever people hope to get from society?

HawkTheSlayer
07-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Try looking at the differences between socialist and socialism and the differences between those and Marxism.

The fact is that never being able to attain the equality and fairness that liberalism proposes and that others have to pay for, where does it all end? In food kitchens, unemployment and mass government dependency? Because that’s what half a century of liberalism in Europe has produced.

I can see the lure of liberalism and the entitlement culture, but behind all the soundbites and politics, has anyone but the bankers, politicians and corporations benefitted from it? A better question might have been, what have you gained from living in a liberal west? The civil unrest, mass unemployment, crime, drugs . . . so my point is that after two decades of EU progressivism and ten years of Obama, surely time enough for all the fairness and equality to be achieved, where is it, or is there even a thing such as liberalism? Has liberalism just evolved into whatever people hope to get from society?

Don't forget about the huge socialists successes in Venezuela.

Refugee
07-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Venezuela is just one example, equality hasn’t and never will be achieved, but every generation is hell bent on repeating the same mistakes. The question hasn’t yet been answered though; if being a liberal means wanting a fair and equal world:

a) Does that mean if you’re not a liberal you don’t want a fair and equal world and if everyone was a liberal would it happenb) Apart from throwing money at people which has shown not to work, how does liberalism achieve this utopia that has never existed?

What being a liberal comes down to then are wishes and noble ideas that somehow governments (a small collection of the elite) can socially engineer utopias and that’s where all the horrors of mass civil unrest, wrecked economies and massively increasing poverty arise from.
I live and work in societies of little or no noticeable entitlement welfare and there’s poverty. Conversely, I’ve lived in wealthy entitlement societies and seen lots of poverty. So, what’s special about being a liberal (http://changemyworld.forumotion.com/t11-inside-the-liberal-mind), or liberal policies, if they only make things worse?

Beevee
07-28-2017, 11:14 PM
That comment is ignorance on full display.

I'm glad you were impressed with it. A 'thanks' would be appreciated.

Tahuyaman
07-28-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm glad you were impressed with it. A 'thanks' would be appreciated.
The only thankful thing about that is that I'm thankful that type of ignorance is uncommon.

Beevee
07-28-2017, 11:29 PM
The only thankful thing about that is that I'm thankful that type of ignorance is uncommon.

Thanks for equating me with Trump. You are excelling yourself today.

Casper
07-29-2017, 08:37 AM
Just a thought, many of what some refer to as Liberals here in the US, would be considered to be Conservatives in many European Countries, heck many Texan Liberals would be considered to be Conservatives is places such as Cal and much of the NE Coast. Labels are tricky, and that goes for either term, especially since the vast majority of Americans are only slightly left or right of center, very few are all left or right leaning in their stand on the issues and it comes down more to specific issues and each persons stand on an issue. That is why I have preached that in other than a few rare cases we should keep in mind that on one issue you may disagree 100% with another poster but on another issue that same poster may agree with you 100%. The world is not black and white, there is a wide spectrum of options, and the same goes for people, the world is complicated and so are we.

Isalexi
07-30-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm a Classic Liberal because I value the freedom of individuals. Namely the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and markets in addition to extremely limited government.

And?

You sound like trumps favorite supporters....uneducated (meaning doesn't educate himself) and would defend him if he shot someone. Resorting to childish attacks like above just prove the point. Bet you don't even know what a Marxist is...but it scares you and that's what trump appeals to ...fear. The fearful are easy to manipulate

Isalexi
07-30-2017, 08:16 PM

This is why the Republicans stopped using the term compassionate conservative's. There is no compassion and you make it quite clear

Isalexi
07-30-2017, 08:19 PM

I'm with you... my husband is like you obviously , very rich. Why should we pay more in taxes, to help our fellow Americans. Let them Eat cake. (Sarcasm alert)

resister
07-30-2017, 08:21 PM
This is why the Republicans stopped using the term compassionate conservative's. There is no compassion and you make it quite clear
1902119022 Funny accusation. Liberals put illegal aliens over crime victims.

Isalexi
07-30-2017, 08:21 PM

I hate anything socialist....down with education, down with police, down with cops, down with infrastructure,

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:04 PM
You sound like trumps favorite supporters....uneducated (meaning doesn't educate himself) and would defend him if he shot someone.
Speaking of uneducated, it's "Trump's" supporters.

The fearful are easy to manipulateIndeed:

the biggest scandal ....Russia controlling our democracy

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:05 PM
This is why the Republicans stopped using the term compassionate conservative's.
Again, uneducated.

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:06 PM
I'm with you... my husband is like you obviously , very rich. Why should we pay more in taxes, to help our fellow Americans. Let them Eat cake. (Sarcasm alert)
If your husband was anything like me he wouldn't have married a moonbat feminazi.

resister
07-30-2017, 10:07 PM
Speaking of uneducated, it's "Trump's" supporters.
Indeed:Gotta love when someone insults intelligence with bad, grammar, punctuation and spelling...lol Isalexi

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:08 PM
I hate anything socialist....down with education, down with police, down with cops, down with infrastructure,
Up with incomplete sentences. Down with periods.

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Gotta love when someone insults intelligence with bad, grammar, punctuation and spelling...lol @Isalexi (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2455)
She loves calling people "uneducated". Irony exemplified.

resister
07-30-2017, 10:12 PM
She loves calling people "uneducated". Irony exemplified.
Tell me about it, ironically uneducated liberal elitist!

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Tell me about it, ironically uneducated liberal elitist!
Self-described feminist who lives off her husband's money. There's a word for that and it's not "feminist".

resister
07-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Self-described feminist who lives off her husband's money. There's a word for that and it's not "feminist".Gold digger, dependent or miner? Hubby needs a beer and a samich! :)

Isalexi
07-30-2017, 10:24 PM
I'm an educator and an author...and rough copies are where the ideas come from. I make tons of mistakes and often I don't proofread. I also dictate and my iPad has a mind of its own. You are more concerned with grammar than with the message.
I live off my husbands money? Lol...I bet you don't think you're sexist

Isalexi
07-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Gold digger, dependent or miner? Hubby needs a beer and a samich! :)

Bet you have teeny fingers ....another insecure male. And I really laugh at the bullying here. You're adorable

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm an educator and an author...and rough copies are where the ideas come from. I make tons of mistakes and often I don't proofread. I also dictate and my iPad has a mind of its own. You are more concerned with grammar than with the message.
I'm sexist as hell. Men and women are different.

Kalkin
07-30-2017, 10:33 PM
Bet you have teeny fingers ....another insecure male.

Lol...I bet you don't think you're sexist
Lulz.

Dr. Who
07-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Help me wrap my head around those that think this way. Try to keep out snarkism. I am serious about this request.

Empathy.

suds00
07-31-2017, 10:59 AM
the title is redundant

Shady Slim
08-01-2017, 04:17 AM

"Sexist" seems to be a favorite word of fem nazis these days.

What? Oh yes, I see you are very liberal with that word in your replies.

<typical leftist cop out>

OddFellow
09-07-2017, 05:57 AM
I am a progressive liberal because I think a revolution needs to take place. A civil war might be necessary. I am sick of being in low end pay scale and only decent job to me I have is truck driving. I feel a wealth redistribution needs to take place, it might take drastic measures. The poor and lower classes need to wage war on the rich through heavy taxation to get their money they need. Whatever it takes the means justifies the ends.

I am a liberal because I believe this nation will be better off changing from a capitalist economy to socialism. More money for the lower class and poor to live off. The rich want call it stealing or unfair tough. I say the liberals need to get their money by whatever means necessary. They have to be ruthless and unforgiving to reach their goal. Not enough liberals stand up for their rights and aren't extreme enough to get what they want from the rich.

If this country has to go through a civil war like France did in the Middle Ages to help the poor and middle class out I say so be it. It is like what Marx had said that eventually the poor will rise up against the rich and win because the poor and lower class will outnumber the rich. It is just a matter of time and I can't wait to see the rich loose this game and start crying they no longer can have a low wage slave labor system.

I am a liberal I want socialized medicine for everyone, you don't pay anything. Yes medical coverage might be less for the rich and you might have to wait long for a medical procedure but so what at least everyone has the shot of getting coverage want. Put all the rich doctors out of business and slash their incomes to a fraction. See those rich doctors go crying saying they want leave the profession, good I say. Replace them with nurses and staff.

Peter1469
09-07-2017, 06:00 AM
I am not a liberal, because I think we deserve better than mediocrity.

OddFellow
09-09-2017, 10:02 AM
I am liberal because I believe in Freedom of Religion. I been friends with muslims and I don't like the muslim ban rhetoric going through conservatives. I have been friends with Christians, Atheists, Muslims, Jews, Hindu's, Buddists, etc.

I am liberal because I don't see anything wrong with abortion. If the baby isn't born, can't think. It is fetus not a human.

I am liberal because I believe this country needs socialized medicine. Or at least some way for anyone to get medical cost for free or at a very low cost to them. Low income families should be able to get insurance for like $150 month, even if it is very little coverage. Some coverage is better than none.

I am liberal because I believe prescription drugs are insanely overpriced. We should have some system in place that makes it easy to opt to get medicine from overseas at a much cheaper price. The drug companies say that medicine is not as safe or to be trusted from foreign countries, I say most people on financial budgets are willing to take that risk and drug companies make a big deal out of this because they don't want to see their profits cut. Invented scare tactic to keep themselves rich.

I am liberal because I believe in some form of raising the wage for everyone. If people think raising the minimum wage is a bad idea, then supplementing low income workers with a check from the government.

I am liberal because I believe in keeping medicare and social security and not cutting back. I know so many elderly citizens who would be really struggle if we cut back.

I am liberal because I believe in increasing taxes, yes even for middle class and giving that money more to those who need it most. I agree with Economist Thomas Piketty who said the best way to deal with the income inequality problem is to increase taxes. Read his book "Capital in the Twenty-First Century". It is a great read. I do not believe in trickle down economics, it doesn't work.

I am liberal because I believe in bigger government and more social welfare programs to help those who need it.

AZ Jim
09-09-2017, 01:27 PM

Lol.You do it daily.

Kalkin
09-09-2017, 03:56 PM
You do it daily.

Oooh, good one, PeeWee.

Your wit is lacking.

William
09-09-2017, 04:19 PM
the title is redundant

Lol, I thought it was a bit strange - was it a sort of tautology? :grin:

Captain Obvious
09-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Why someone is a liberal... and why?

donttread
09-09-2017, 06:55 PM

I'm a social liberal, fiscal conservative. Like Libertarians and the founders. Many in our world don't even know you can be partly liberal anf partly conservative.
I am so because I believe the Constitution is , was and will be the best way to run the country if we can ever find our way back to a limited federal government which actuall abides by the Constitution. I believe in the BOR's as a package deal not the pick and choose menu the dems and repubs seem to see them as . I basically believe my rights extend until they cause real infringment upon yours. I believe that my neighbors should have no say over how long I let my grass get and the feds have no business telling me which megacorp drugs I can use and others that I can't.
The federal government in large part was granted existence to deal collectively with other nations, not to micro manage our lives.
I have previously suggested that we replace the antiquated terms liberal and conservative with a "Control Freak Scale"
I would score very low on that scale but many dems and repubs would be shocked to find themselves with the same high scores. For example, whether you want to ban pot or ban guns you are controlling to some degree .

kilgram
09-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Great comment.

Translaton: I am superior and selfish, so I don't care anything about the rest of humans only of myself.

Cletus
09-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Great comment.

Translaton: I am superior and selfish, so I don't care anything about the rest of humans only of myself.

If that is how you translated that, it is obvious you do not fall into the "high IQ" category.

Captain Obvious
09-12-2017, 02:39 PM
If that is how you translated that, it is obvious you do not fall into the "high IQ" category.

That and he's from Spain where they excel at getting someone else to support their lifestyle.

Kalkin
09-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Great comment.
Thank you.

Incorrect translation.

kilgram
09-14-2017, 02:55 PM
That and he's from Spain where they excel at getting someone else to support their lifestyle.
What are you implying with this comment?

Chris
09-14-2017, 03:06 PM
What are you implying with this comment?

This: "Man crushed by giant snowball at anti bull running event Daily Mail Online Running of the Balls backfires: Runner is knocked out by giant 660lb snowball used in ‘safe alternative’ to Running of the Bulls contest in Madrid"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjNLsGvWr4g