PDA

View Full Version : Trump's Lost Nine Minutes

Agent Zero
07-31-2017, 10:39 AM
There's a lot of upset folks in Washington over this, but conservatives seem to not care. Are any of you aware what the world thought while Trump was posting Tweets that constituted to be a lie anyhow? (He didn't consult anyone about transgenders)http://gizmodo.com/the-pentagon-worried-trump-was-about-to-start-a-nuclear-1797291605

It’s official. President Trump is, objectively speaking, a threat to the safety and security of the United States. And perhaps nothing demonstrated that better than when Trump started a tweetstorm that sent the Pentagon into a panic yesterday. The US military spent nine full minutes wondering if the president was about to start a war with North Korea.At precisely 8:55am Eastern time yesterday, Trump sent out a cryptic tweet about consulting with military experts:

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2017 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890193981585444864)

People started to make jokes on Twitter, guessing what Trump would no longer be allowing. But there was real concern in the US military that Trump was about to start a war with a country like North Korea—an action that would have serious consequences for the safety of millions of people around the world. Any military action on the Korean peninsula runs the risk of kicking off a nuclear engagement between the US and North Korea.As Buzzfeed reported (https://www.buzzfeed.com/coralewis/trump-transgender-military-service?utm_term=.kojokRm0bg#.ul2K6n75qG):
At the Pentagon, the first of the three tweets raised fears that the president was getting ready to announce strikes on North Korea or some other military action. Many said they were left in suspense for nine minutes, the time between the first and second tweet. Only after the second tweet did military officials receive the news the president was announcing a personnel change on Twitter.
At 9:04am, Trump finally sent out the second part of his thought in another tweet. And while it wasn’t about starting a war, it was about a bigoted and unnecessary new policy that would forbid transgender Americans from serving their country (http://gizmodo.com/the-bogus-rationale-for-trumps-trans-military-ban-is-so-1797262605).

DGUtley
07-31-2017, 10:43 AM
"At the pentagon" "Many said" -- those are pretty credible sources in my opinion. Great reporting Buzzfeed.

As for Gizmodo -- "the uncertainty that President Trump subjected the Pentagon to for nine terrifying minutes shouldn’t be overlooked" -- did this guy just make this up? Can he cite to anyone at the Pentagon that was 'worried' let alone "Terrified" that Trump was announcing war? C'mon, know the law -- Trump doesn't have the power to declare war.

del
07-31-2017, 10:47 AM
saving the republic is hard, barbie.

Bo-4
07-31-2017, 10:48 AM
Entirely unsurprising. In fact, i fully expect him to tweet us into an international incident or worse - another dumb war.

Might be time to dust out the old bomb shelter mom & pop dug back in the early 60s.

Ransom
07-31-2017, 10:49 AM
There's a lot of upset folks in Washington over this, but conservatives seem to not care. Are any of you aware what the world thought while Trump was posting Tweets that constituted to be a lie anyhow? (He didn't consult anyone about transgenders)http://gizmodo.com/the-pentagon-worried-trump-was-about-to-start-a-nuclear-1797291605

pansies and snowflakes, sure.

Bo-4
07-31-2017, 10:51 AM
"At the pentagon" "Many said" -- those are pretty credible sources in my opinion. Great reporting Buzzfeed.

As for Gizmodo -- "the uncertainty that President Trump subjected the Pentagon to for nine terrifying minutes shouldn’t be overlooked" -- did this guy just make this up? Can he cite to anyone at the Pentagon that was 'worried' let alone "Terrified" that Trump was announcing war? C'mon, know the law -- Trump doesn't have the power to declare war.

Didn't stop him from launching 59 Tomahawks into Syria .. what do you suppose Little Kim would do if he did the same there?

My guess Dave?

Upwards of 10,000 missiles would go flying into Seoul killing tens, if not hundreds of thousands.

Agent Zero
07-31-2017, 10:52 AM

Try this, among thousands of others. BTW Gizmodo is a legitimate source.

http://fortune.com/2017/07/27/trump-tweet-north-korea-transgender/

As he's wont to do, President Donald Trump used Twitter to announce a major policy change yesterday. But before he completed a series of his tweets that would support banning transgender people from the U.S. military, several individuals in the Pentagon reportedly feared that Trump had a different target in mind: Pyongyang.

On its face, the Pentagon's worry seems inconceivable. How could defense officials be surprised when a U.S. President announces a military strike? Because Donald Trump has been known to announce decisions to the public before sharing them with his own advisers.
Indeed, Trump's assertion that he “consulted” with generals and military experts before coming to his decision on transgender people participating in the military appears to be untrue, according to a Buzzfeed report (https://www.buzzfeed.com/coralewis/trump-transgender-military-service). Military officials say they were not expecting the decision, certainly not at that time.
Trump’s tweet sparked nationwide protests Wednesday night. Many carried signs simply with the word “resist,” and the slogan “trans people are not a burden” was visible everywhere (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/transpeoplearenotaburden/). The American Civil Liberties Union said it would sue (http://www.newsweek.com/lgbt-advocacy-groups-trump-pursue-transgender-military-ban-and-well-see-you-642464) if President Trump issued an executive order on the ban, a necessary step to turn the decision into action. And several legislators, including those from the President's own party, weighed in.
" Major policy announcements should not be made via Twitter," said Sen. John McCain, himself a Navy veteran, in a statement reacting to the news. "The statement was unclear. Any American who meets current medical and readiness standards should be allowed to continue serving. There is no reason to force service members who are able to fight, train, and deploy to leave the military—regardless of their gender identity."

Of course those questioning Trump's judgement won't reveal who they are. What do you think Trump would do to them?

Captain Obvious
07-31-2017, 10:54 AM
"It's official..."

:biglaugh:

Ransom
07-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Try this, among thousands of others. BTW Gizmodo is a legitimate source.

http://fortune.com/2017/07/27/trump-tweet-north-korea-transgender/

Of course those questioning Trump's judgement won't reveal who they are. What do you think Trump would do to them?
For pansies and snowflakes, sure.

DGUtley
07-31-2017, 10:57 AM
Try this, among thousands of others. BTW Gizmodo is a legitimate source. http://fortune.com/2017/07/27/trump-tweet-north-korea-transgender/ Of course those questioning Trump's judgement won't reveal who they are. What do you think Trump would do to them?

Again, no source, just speculation. Gizmodo is a serious source? Says who? Today was the first time I'd heard of it and this story is a hatchet job that is unsupported. In fact, they used their disdain for his reversal of Obama's EO on TG's by hyping it with a scary headline. That's not serious. That's TDS.

DGUtley
07-31-2017, 10:58 AM
Didn't stop him from launching 59 Tomahawks into Syria .. what do you suppose Little Kim would do if he did the same there? My guess Dave? Upwards of 10,000 missiles would go flying into Seoul killing tens, if not hundreds of thousands.

Well, that's not declaring war. He does have the authority to issue such a strike, as we both know. Yes, I agree that LK would react unkindly.

Kalkin
07-31-2017, 10:59 AM
I love how Trump triggers the left with tweets.

Agent Zero
07-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Again, no source, just speculation. Gizmodo is a serious source? Says who? Today was the first time I'd heard of it and this story is a hatchet job that is unsupported. In fact, they used their disdain for his reversal of Obama's EO on TG's by hyping it with a scary headline. That's not serious. That's TDS.

The fact that you actually think a General or anyone in particular at the Pentagon would be stupid enough to call him out on this is incredibly dumb. And it's been on the news and talk shows since he did it. Pay attention. Go to 3:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kc4tx4b48

Agent Zero
07-31-2017, 11:11 AM
Well, that's not declaring war. He does have the authority to issue such a strike, as we both know. Yes, I agree that LK would react unkindly.

And I bet you'd support it too if he launched a strike on North Korea.

I love how Trump triggers the left with tweets.

You too. Are either of you intelligent enough to perceive the results of such an attack?

resister
07-31-2017, 11:12 AM
I love how Trump triggers the left with tweets.1903219033

MisterVeritis
07-31-2017, 11:15 AM
An act of war creates a war. President Trump should have been impeached for his Syrian strike sans a war declaration from the Congress.

We have a war declaration against Russia, North Korea, and Iran. Sanctions are economic warfare. Warfare against sovereign nations. The Congress has spoken. Let the President execute at his leisure.

I believe we will be in a real shooting war with North Korea very soon now. It would be best to strike in March or April. I believe events will drive a war much sooner.

resister
07-31-2017, 11:15 AM
The fact that you actually think a General or anyone in particular at the Pentagon would be stupid enough to call him out on this is incredibly dumb. And it's been on the news and talk shows since he did it. Pay attention. Go to 3:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kc4tx4b48
Translation, your confirmation bias will cause you to believe any negativity about trump no matter how outlandish.

DGUtley
07-31-2017, 11:18 AM

Go ahead and bet. You would be mistaken. I do not at this time support an attack on NK.

You too. Are either of you intelligent enough to perceive the results of such an attack?

I know full well the likely results of such an attack.

Kalkin
07-31-2017, 11:47 AM

Considering we're both obviously far more intelligent than you, I'd say our views on the results of said action would be far more accurate than yours. That being said, you've created a straw man since you are ascribing a position to me that I've never taken. You're going to have to be much craftier than that if you're playing gotcha with me.

Agent Zero
07-31-2017, 11:52 AM
Go ahead and bet. You would be mistaken. I do not at this time support an attack on NK.

I know full well the likely results of such an attack.

So if you were a general at the Pentagon the night Trump sent out that tweet would you have wondered what he meant? Remember you had nine minutes. That's a long time for thinking.

Would an attack on N Korea be prominent in your thoughts given Trump's impetuous history?

Agent Zero
07-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Considering we're both obviously far more intelligent than you, I'd say our views on the results of said action would be far more accurate than yours. That being said, you've created a straw man since you are ascribing a position to me that I've never taken. You're going to have to be much craftier than that if you're playing gotcha with me.

Not taking your bait, troll.

Kalkin
07-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Not taking your bait, troll.
Actually, I didn't take yours, zero. Try smarter.

Projection: the second favorite liberal tactic (accusations of racism being the first).

Bo-4
07-31-2017, 11:58 AM
An act of war creates a war. President Trump should have been impeached for his Syrian strike sans a war declaration from the Congress.

We have a war declaration against Russia, North Korea, and Iran. Sanctions are economic warfare. Warfare against sovereign nations. The Congress has spoken. Let the President execute at his leisure.

I believe we will be in a real shooting war with North Korea very soon now. It would be best to strike in March or April. I believe events will drive a war much sooner.

Will this signal the beginning of your predicted Civil War here in the US?

:rofl:

MisterVeritis
07-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Will this signal the beginning of your predicted Civil War here in the US?
:rofl:
In my opinion, the civil war will begin with a rebellion.

Almost no rebellions benefit the ones who start them. The American Revolution is a notable exception.

A war fought against North Korea could spark multiple small rebellions. The Left is constantly seeking turmoil and chaos.

It is a good question. Thanks.

Agent Zero
08-01-2017, 11:13 AM

There wouldn't be a Watergate without unnamed sources.

MisterVeritis
08-01-2017, 11:23 AM
There wouldn't be a Watergate without unnamed sources.
Of course, having an underlying crime helped.