PDA

View Full Version : Dem Sen. Goes Bonkers Over Trump Threat Against His Obamacare Exemption

stjames1_53
08-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Dem Sen. Goes Bonkers Over Trump Threat Against His Obamacare Exemption

~snip~
He responded to the president’s tweet over the weekend that perhaps government exemptions for Congress and subsidies for their staff members, under the Obamacare mandates, might go away......

That explanation noted, “The Affordable Care Act required members of Congress, along with their staff, to buy health-care insurance through the online markets created under the law …. But the lawmakers and their staff members generally make too much to qualify for subsidies under the law meant for low-income Americans. So President Barack Obama decided to let individual congressional offices be counted as small businesses, thereby allowing members and their staff to qualify for the subsidies.”...

That statement by Obama, made during the heat of battle to force Obamacare on America, was that if Americans like their plan, their doctor, etc, they could keep their plan, their doctor, etc.
It’s been rated by fact-checking machines to be among the most egregious of political lies ever.
The followup onTwitchy expressed little sympathy for Murphy.
“Here’s the problem, Chris. You ‘attested’ to Congress & staff being < 50 employees. You lied to not suffer like your constituents,” said “Sandy.”
Added William Paxton, “I would argue you’re a drama queen whining in public that you’re about to lose preferential treatment. Can you hear yourself?”
As the preferential treatment for members of Congress and staff members was implemented by an order from Obama, it could be reversed the same way by President Trump.
Some members of Congress have indicated after the repeated and unrelenting “do nothing” position by Democrats, the majority will move on to its next target: tax reform. Others members have said the health care reform is so important they will continue working on it.
After all, last week’s vote to demolish significant parts of Obama’s mandates – such as that taxpayers are forced to buy insurance specified by the government – was a single vote short. A 50-50 tie in the Senate has been, and would be, broken in favor of Trump’s agenda by Vice President Mike Pence.
Republished with permission from WND.com via iCopyright license.

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/dem-sen-goes-bonkers-trump-threat-obamacare-exemption/?AID=7236

now you know why Congress is so hesitant about repealing Obiecare. They'll lose their status and suffer the same as their constituents..
Don't say I didn't say so about two weeks ago. They're not going to cut their own throats.
and
WTF? They were bought and paid for by Obama, the great liar... every last damned one of them.
why should they and their staff get a subsidy when the rest are suffering......

Cannons Front
08-03-2017, 07:25 AM
They should be treated like everyone else that has had to go through the exchanges, they make way to much to get price breaks and free money

DGUtley
08-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Do as I say and not as I do.

stjames1_53
08-03-2017, 08:11 AM
we need to yank this status of each Congressional office............small businesses my azz..................