PDA

View Full Version : Harevest time begins in ernest

donttread
08-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Went away for a few days and picked three beautufu zunncini when I got home. Winter squash also growing my leaps and boiunds

stjames1_53
08-08-2017, 06:30 AM
already making Italian sauce and putting it up. The beans were savagely picked on by rabbits this year, so they'll be coming in late. (put rabbit fencing up for the replant)
Cukes didn't do so well this year. Might be time to spread a little politician (manure) over the garden and turn it in for next year.

donttread
08-10-2017, 07:26 AM
already making Italian sauce and putting it up. The beans were savagely picked on by rabbits this year, so they'll be coming in late. (put rabbit fencing up for the replant)
Cukes didn't do so well this year. Might be time to spread a little politician (manure) over the garden and turn it in for next year.

I counted yesterday , literally over 200 tomatoes all green and I'll bet I haven't picked 20 ripe ones yet. As a gardener you know what that means. In about two weeks old Dontread will be giving tomatoes away to the neighbors when they all come ripe at once. LOL Of course I'm only a little over an hour to the Candanian border and we don't even plant till at least June 1st.

resister
08-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Cukes didn't do so well this year. Might be time to spread a little politician (manure) over the garden and turn it in for next year.Rabitt fencing hell, get the 22 out!

donttread
08-11-2017, 07:06 AM
Rabitt fencing hell, get the 22 out!

I have a brassica eating gopher, but we live in town . So we can't shoot him

Common
08-11-2017, 07:15 AM
I have friends that give me pot grown veggies that are out of this world. I just got another big bag of hot peppers which I make some and freeze some.

I have an amish market up the road, that has amish specialities and amish veggies in season and of course florida grown veggies in season etc.

The quality is excellent, they just opened not to long ago, they had an indoor stand on the other side of the county for years that was shuttered because the county took the land for road widening. Im glad theyre here :)