PDA

View Full Version : No, Trump didn't dissolve the Manufacturing and Strategic Forums

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 09:51 AM
That's a whopper .. they had already informed Jared of their plans not to return.

Funny, Donald had a line of Fortune 500 CEOs already to step in for those losers .. *snicker*

:laughing7:

"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both," Trump tweeted at 1:14 p.m (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/897869174323728385). ET "Thank you all!"

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/16/news/companies/trump-business-councils/index.html

Peter1469
08-17-2017, 09:53 AM
misleading title

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 09:55 AM
misleading title

Nay - it's right on the money .. he ran over to his twitter machine an hour after Jared was informed.

NOT his decision

No self-respecting CEO wanted to risk their brand on Trump after his Tuesday meltdown.

del
08-17-2017, 10:01 AM
"rather than being told directly to fuck off and die by people who have actually succeeded at business, i've decided to take my ball and go home."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-17/why-ceos-spurned-trump-s-business-councils-in-their-own-words

del
08-17-2017, 10:01 AM
misleading title
not at all

leekohler2
08-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Nay - it's right on the money .. he ran over to his twitter machine an hour after Jared was informed.

NOT his decision

No self-respecting CEO wanted to risk their brand on Trump after his Tuesday meltdown.

I got a LinkedIn message from the CEO of Dow saying essentially the same thing.

Moving Forward from the Tragic Events in Charlottesville, Virginia

Published on August 16, 2017

Andrew N. Liveris

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dow

Like you, I was shocked and deeply saddened by the horrific events this past weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The public displays of hatred and bigotry on the part of white nationalist protesters were appalling. The tragic loss of a young woman’s life, as a direct result of racially motivated violence, was simply unbearable. Respectful disagreement is, of course, essential to our democracy. However, the vile hatred we witnessed in Charlottesville is unacceptable.

All Americans should be able to agree that white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and the Ku Klux Klan deserve only our universal, unequivocal, and full-throated condemnation. Wherever and whenever we encounter prejudice or acts of violence, we are obligated – as citizens, as moral beings, as members of the same national community – to speak out. Clearly, firmly, and without apology.

In the many years I have been proud to call America my home, I have been extremely grateful for how the American people welcomed me – and countless other immigrants, from every background, race, religion, and country of origin – with open arms. The tragedy in Charlottesville is a painful reminder of the bigotry that persists in our society today – as we continue building the “more perfect union” that the Founding Fathers envisioned. Progress has not always happened in a straight line, but millions of patriotic Americans push us forward and refuse to compromise on the principles of liberty and justice for all. For me, this unwavering commitment to progress is the essence of America – and the very best of what this great country represents.

It is also indispensable to our culture and success at Dow. For 120 years, Dow has thrived because we have held true to the inclusive vision of our founder, fought for the rights of all people, and lived our values wherever we operate. Today, the leaders of this enterprise are united in our commitment to building a truly diverse workforce and combatting all forms of hate and discrimination. This means confronting overt racism and bigotry, as well as the implicit biases and structural inequalities that we continue to see all around us.

In light of what happened in Charlottesville, there are some who believe that business leaders should formally disassociate themselves from the administration in Washington, D.C. I have personally heard from many people – including colleagues at Dow – who are concerned about my role on the administration’s Manufacturing Jobs Initiative. I want to assure you that I understand these genuine concerns and do not take them lightly. Nor do I take lightly the responsibility to serve this wonderful country or the obligation to fight for prosperity and opportunity for all Americans.

I have worked, for decades, with officials from across the political spectrum to help build a more inclusive American economy. I agreed to serve as the Chair of the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative because I believe that a strong manufacturing economy is good for America and is the best way to ensure its benefits are shared with every segment of society.

Every member of the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative condemns racism and bigotry, and there cannot be moral ambiguity around the driving forces of the events in Charlottesville. However, in discussions I had with the White House earlier today, I indicated that in the current environment it was no longer possible to conduct productive discussions under the auspices of the Initiative. And so, as proud as I am of the efforts we were taking on behalf of the American worker, disbanding the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative was the right decision.

I remain committed to being an advocate for manufacturing and to champion policies that reflect the values we at Dow hold dear.

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 10:22 AM
"rather than being told directly to fuck off and die by people who have actually succeeded at business, i've decided to take my ball and go home."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-17/why-ceos-spurned-trump-s-business-councils-in-their-own-words

Funny, MV was telling us just yesterday that these folks were totally replaceable.

I said BS and was correct - MV claims to always be right.

I made one error .. i said that 4-5 more people would be gone by the end of this week ...

It was less than 24 hours and the entire deal came crashing down.

leekohler2
08-17-2017, 10:55 AM
Funny, MV was telling us just yesterday that these folks were totally replaceable.

I made one error .. i said that 4-5 more people would be gone by the end of this week ...

Trump has exposed himself for what he is, and people don't like it.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 12:48 PM

Bo, you have difficulty with the truth.

I said I am usually right. Not always but I have a great track record. You do not.

Yes. CEOs can be easily replaced.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Trump has exposed himself for what he is, and people don't like it.
We who voted for President Trump have known from the beginning that he has flaws. They don't matter. I know one or two other people who voted for Trump. None of us have changed our minds.

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Bo, you have difficulty with the truth.

I said I am usually right. Not always but I have a great track record. You do not.

Yes. CEOs can be easily replaced.

On this one?

I kicked your ass :grin:

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 01:15 PM
That's a whopper .. they had already informed Jared of their plans not to return.

Funny, Donald had a line of Fortune 500 CEOs already to step in for those losers .. *snicker*

"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both," Trump tweeted at 1:14 p.m (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/897869174323728385). ET "Thank you all!"

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/16/news/companies/trump-business-councils/index.html

misleading title

In reality he did end the committees. Hacks will find their own ways to spin it.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 01:16 PM
On this one?

If it is possible try not to be stupid.

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 01:17 PM
An hour after they told Jared in a phone conference they were all leaving?

Sure Tahu .. sure ;-)

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 01:17 PM
On this one?

Not hardly. All you do is to continually prove yourself to be a blind partisan.

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 01:19 PM
If it is possible try not to be stupid.

Back for more already?

Concede or i'll have to send over the dancing bear to do the splits on your nappy head :grin:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/image.php?u=1988&dateline=1497368110

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 01:19 PM
An hour after they told Jared in a phone conference they were all leaving?

Sure Tahu .. sure ;-)

Again, you ignore the truth and perpetuate a false narrative. That's what everyone has come to expect from you.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Back for more already?
Concede or i'll have to send over the dancing bear to do the splits on your nappy head :grin:

I asked you to try to not be stupid. I suppose I aimed too high.

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Grow the F up - here is the timeline:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/business/trumps-council-ceos.html

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Grow the F up - here is the timeline:

Are you talking to yourself again?

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Once again, he dissolved the committees. You can spin the reasons any way you want.

del
08-17-2017, 02:46 PM
In reality he did end the committees. Hacks will find their own ways to spin it.
in reality when everyone quits, there's nothing to end

you're right about the hacks, though

lol

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Wrong ^ One cannot dissolve something which has already been dissolved.

It's kind of like when you tell the boss "I quit" and he says "no, your FIRED!!"

Please stop being dopey

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 05:06 PM
in reality when everyone quits, there's nothing to end

you're right about the hacks, though

lol

Generally I am right.

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 05:07 PM

It's kind of like when you tell the boss "I quit" and he says "no, your FIRED!!"

Please stop being dopey

At least you didn't point to your own comment this time. That's progress.

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 07:23 PM

You crawl out of Mama's basement each morning when she calls you for breakfast?

Yes, you aim WAY too high! :laugh:

Bethere
08-17-2017, 07:24 PM
Generally I am right.

Not today.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 07:27 PM

You crawl out of Mama's basement each morning when she calls you for breakfast?
Yes, you aim WAY too high! :laugh:
We agree you not acting stupid is too high a goal.

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Not today.

Today too.

hanger4
08-17-2017, 07:37 PM

Please stop being dopey

No, the seats were open to replacements till Trump dissolved the committee or board or whatever.

Bo-4
08-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Today too.

No, generally you are WRONG ..

Bet there is a community college in Tahuya or nearby Tacoma.

AVAIL THYSELF!! :wink:

Tahuyaman
08-17-2017, 08:18 PM
No, generally you are WRONG ..

Bet there is a community college in Tahuya or nearby Tacoma.

AVAIL THYSELF!! :wink:

Factually detail where I'm wrong.

Grokmaster
08-17-2017, 08:25 PM

More lies.