PDA

View Full Version : Will Trump be president of the United States on Christmas Day 2017?

Mark III
08-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Will Trump be president of the United States on Christmas Day 2017?

Last night the reporter/pundit Carl Bernstein said he has heard from many people in government, in business, and in the military, that they believe Trump is fundamentally unfit to hold the office. If this is true it could snowball and he could be forced from office. I think it is a real possibility. I hope he does not foment violence to maintain his worthless presidency.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Will Trump be president of the United States on Christmas Day 2017?

Last night the reporter/pundit said he has heard from many people in government, in business, and in the military, that they believe Trump is fundamentally unfit to hold the office. If this is true it could snowball and he could be forced from office. I think it is a real possibility. I hope he does not foment violence to maintain his worthless presidency.
You should plan for eight Trump years.

Common
08-17-2017, 10:50 AM
If he isnt, you will have it much much worse for 7 years of President Pence :)

Mark III
08-17-2017, 10:57 AM
If he isnt, you will have it much much worse for 7 years of President Pence :)

Pence is a Trump toadie and will be stained with that disgrace once Trump leaves. I doubt he would even run for re-election. The Trumpsters will be purged from the party.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Pence is a Trump toadie and will be stained with that disgrace once Trump leaves. I doubt he would even run for re-election. The Trumpsters will be purged from the party.
How have your other guesses concerning the future gone?

The Republican Party must change. Right now the Republican party contains way too many who play in support of the other team. I eagerly look forward to McCain's last day in the Senate. Maybe the governor will replace McCain with a Republican.

Peter1469
08-17-2017, 11:03 AM
If the coup succeeds Trump will be deposed.

Mark III
08-17-2017, 11:08 AM

The Republican Party must change. Right now the Republican party contains way too many who play in support of the other team. I eagerly look forward to McCain's last day in the Senate. Maybe the governor will replace McCain with a Republican.

Well, I guess if Pence renounces Trump they might let him stay. There are an awful lot of videos of him saying "Donald Trump is a great man" though.

Chris
08-17-2017, 11:15 AM
No way to predict the future with any certainty. Martians could really land and change everything. That said, I see no reason Trump won't be Prez 8 years and a Rep even succeed him--I see no unity in Dems other than hatred for Trump and Pizza slogans.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 11:16 AM

Well, I guess if Pence renounces Trump they might let him stay. There are an awful lot of videos of him saying "Donald Trump is a great man" though.
It is okay to admit you haven't been right yet.

Mark III
08-17-2017, 11:20 AM
No way to predict the future with any certainty. Martians could really land and change everything. That said, I see no reason Trump won't be Prez 8 years and a Rep even succeed him--I see no unity in Dems other than hatred for Trump and Pizza slogans.
The more Trump acts unstable the more opposition to him will snowball.

Adelaide
08-17-2017, 11:23 AM
The advantage with Trump is that even the Republicans balk at many of his ideas. If the position transferred to Pence, it would be pretty bad. He would likely get support from the Republicans and his agenda would be bad for American (in a liberal's opinion - I find him way too socially conservative, which seems to have been meant to get the base GOP voters). With Trump in office, Congress is able to act as the checks and balances.

Kalkin
08-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Will hillary supporters accept her loss by Christmas?

Common
08-17-2017, 11:32 AM
Youre just cracked dude, get a grip. To hear you whackos tell it, trump is getting impeached then pence then Ryan then the entire senate then all republican govs youre going to wipe them all out.. LMAO,

Peter1469
08-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Will hillary supporters accept her loss by Christmas?
Of course not. They are part of the coup.

Mark III
08-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Youre just cracked dude, get a grip. To hear you whackos tell it, trump is getting impeached then pence then Ryan then the entire senate then all republican govs youre going to wipe them all out.. LMAO,

No, Pence would be president for 3 years. I dont think he would get much done. He is severely tainted by his association with trump. Democrats would not co-operate with him and Pence's worst ideas dont have unanimous support from republicans.

Mini Me
08-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Of course not. They are part of the coup.

It wont be a coup until:

The barbarians storm the gates,
And the tank are lined up outside the White House!

See ya at the barricades!

Chris
08-17-2017, 12:40 PM
The advantage with Trump is that even the Republicans balk at many of his ideas. If the position transferred to Pence, it would be pretty bad. He would likely get support from the Republicans and his agenda would be bad for American (in a liberal's opinion - I find him way too socially conservative, which seems to have been meant to get the base GOP voters). With Trump in office, Congress is able to act as the checks and balances.

That is true. He's accomplished little except with executive orders, largely undoing Obama's executive orders.

(I see him as too progressive.)

Green Arrow
08-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Most likely.

Chris
08-17-2017, 12:42 PM

Good luck with that. I don't like him or his policies, but then I didn't like Obama's, or Bush's.

IMPress Polly
08-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Pfff, yes. There's no way a Republican-controlled Congress would impeach him for anything, ever. Because his party controls the entire government, he can literally do anything he wants and get away with it scot-free.

Chris
08-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Pfff, yes. There's no way a Republican-controlled Congress would impeach him for anything, ever. Because his party controls the entire government, he can literally do anything he wants and get away with it scot-free.

And yet he's not accomplishing much. He wants single payer. No action on that at all. He wants Obamacare undone, no action, Congress is gridlocked on it.

IMPress Polly
08-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Adelaide wrote:
(in a liberal's opinion - I find him way too socially conservative, which seems to have been meant to get the base GOP voters)

You're a liberal? In what way? Tell me more! I thought you were all "the refugees are coming, the refugees are coming!" and "What relationship between Trump and Putin?" and "I hate nature! Die seals, die!" and "Obamacare wrecked the economy!" and "You know, the male supremacist movement has a point." ...?

Adelaide
08-17-2017, 07:56 PM
You're a liberal? In what way? Tell me more! I thought you were all "the refugees are coming, the refugees are coming!" and "What relationship between Trump and Putin?" and "I hate nature! Die seals, die!" and "Obamacare wrecked the economy!" and "You know, the male supremacist movement has a point." ...?

Mischaracterizing my positions or just creating new ones entirely is pretty ridiculous. Shouldn't expect much better, I suppose. You go ahead and go low, and I'll go high - someone has to be the real, rational liberal in this situation.

resister
08-17-2017, 08:17 PM

resister
08-17-2017, 08:19 PM
:icon_scratch:

Adelaide
08-17-2017, 09:36 PM
No, Pence would be president for 3 years. I dont think he would get much done. He is severely tainted by his association with trump. Democrats would not co-operate with him and Pence's worst ideas dont have unanimous support from republicans.

Republicans in Congress may find him more appealing, actually. He is more of a typical Republican, and he probably won't be going through staff like it's a race, he hasn't been involved in the Russia scandal so far as I know, and he's been somewhat quiet about a lot of things Trump has done.

Which is why it would actually probably be bad if Trump were to step down for one reason or another (health, impeachment, whatever). Pence's purpose on the ticket was to attract the base and validate Trump as a Republican when Trump has previously supported Democratic candidates/movements. Congress might be more likely to go along with what would probably be a more conservative agenda than Trump's. Republicans currently are usually either split or in complete disagreement with things Trump is doing. Their disagreement might actually help the Democrats, especially in 2018 and 2020... and the Democrats need all the help they can get after Clinton.

Kalkin
08-17-2017, 10:24 PM

You mean "snowflake". Toughen up, buttercup, Trump is going to be your president for a long time.

MisterVeritis
08-17-2017, 10:25 PM
The opposition is to you. You are unamerican.

Kalkin
08-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Finally, we agree on something. ;)

Kalkin
08-17-2017, 10:29 PM

She's logical and has a reality based view. You should try it.

NapRover
08-18-2017, 06:54 AM
Through Christmas 2024

DGUtley
08-18-2017, 07:08 AM

I don't know how it can get any worse. The opposition to him and the things that has been said about him and his family is truly disgraceful. If the MSM and the leftists succeed in taking down this president, then they can take down any duly-elected official. This all started with W when the left couldn't accept the results, and in response to the treatment of Bill. The left was vicious, even refusing to call him President -- "This man". The treatment of O by the right was in response to that. This is response to the treatment of O. The next Democrat president it will only get worse.

You folks have called for his impeachment even before he was sworn in. He hasn't committed a HC or M. The fact that he won't play your little PC games drives you guys nuts. He isn't going anywhere. The people are watching. Please tear down another city; sure, that'll help in 2018.