PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain's Tax Plan in Graph Form

jgreer
10-19-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_296w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/StandingArt/Average-tax-change-from-9-9-9-plan-10-18-2011-OPT.jpg?uuid=QRY0DvpcEeCAMtfdh-994g

It looks great if you are a Koch.

Mr. Wonderful
10-19-2011, 10:21 PM
This is just liberal propoganda. Consider the source.

wingrider
10-20-2011, 04:33 AM

I did... one thing you can count on with liberals... is a good belly laugh...

just think 10,000 comedians out of work and he is trying to be funny

don't give up your day job funny guy

Conley
10-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I looked up the source (Tax Policy Center). Maybe some of you guys know about this place, I don't.

Check it out for those interested in more:

The Tax Policy Center (TPC) is a non-partisan joint venture of the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution. Based in Washington D.C., it aims to provide independent analyses of current and longer-term tax issues and to communicate its analyses to the public and to policymakers in a timely and accessible manner. The Center combines top national experts in tax, expenditure, budget policy, and microsimulation modeling to concentrate on four overarching areas of tax policy that are critical to future debate: fair, simple and efficient taxation, social policy in the tax code, long-term implications of tax and budget choices, and state tax issues.

In 2002, tax experts who had served in the Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and Bill Clinton administrations established the Tax Policy Center to provide unbiased analysis of tax issues. The following year TPC developed a comprehensive tax simulation model to analyze the federal income tax and proposals to change it. That model has evolved to incorporate new and additional data, changes in federal tax law, and other aspects of the tax system and the economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Policy_Center

So they claim to be non-partisan.

MMC
10-20-2011, 11:36 AM
U know who has a good record on how much the Rich pay in Taxes. The IRS. Cains plan does not count in that those making a million or more pay 18%. Going with his plan the rich would pay less with his flat 9% tax. Moreover the middle class and poor would end up paying more. As they would also have to pay for a food tax. 9% flat. He would also drop corporate taxes.

Which does not account for the 38% of Americans that pay no taxes whatsoever. Althought that is not entirely true as most Americans pay tax on almost everything. Which you dont get to use that fact on how much more in taxes you pay all year long for stuff now. Then the taxes at the end of the year.

Conley
10-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah, everybody pays sales tax, payroll and social security taxes, etc. right? I mean legal workers at least. I think it's hard to predict how the 9-9-9 thing would work but really how would that ever get approved? He would need Congress to agree to it and that's not going to happen. I would rather Cain talk about things that have a real chance of happening.

jgreer
10-20-2011, 02:17 PM

I did... one thing you can count on with liberals... is a good belly laugh...

just think 10,000 comedians out of work and he is trying to be funny

don't give up your day job funny guy

Are you talking to me?

Cruel
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
http://www.getliberty.org/content_images/Cartoon%20-%20Zero%20Plan%20-%20ALG%20(500).jpg

Cain's Stimulating '9-9-9' Tax Reform
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204346104576637310315367804.html?m od=rss_opinion_main

jgreer
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
If you need cartoons to understand politics maybe you are better off just not voting.

Mister D
10-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, everybody pays sales tax, payroll and social security taxes, etc. right? I mean legal workers at least. I think it's hard to predict how the 9-9-9 thing would work but really how would that ever get approved? He would need Congress to agree to it and that's not going to happen. I would rather Cain talk about things that have a real chance of happening.

The idea that food wand other necessities will be taxed is never going to fly. It's dead in the water. Cain should be trying to be somewhat novel but radical is probably not a good idea.

Cruel
10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
If you need cartoons to understand politics maybe you are better off just not voting.

Often such cartoons present the truth as this one does and I understand things quite well, such as I've understood quite well for many decades that you dishonest Leftists hate the truth and usually respond to it by making stupid statements such as the one you made.

jgreer
10-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Relax. I wasn't saying you don't understand. Obama does have a plan for more jobs and economic growth. Maybe you missed his speech a few weeks ago, or maybe you just didn't care. The point is he does have a plan even though the cartoon says otherwise. Now you might disagree with his methods but we will get a chance to see just what he can do when he comes back for a second term.

And like other people have said anyone who wants to tax food is out of his mind. Not even the most leftist member of the Democratic party would think to steal money from the poor in such an underhanded way. It is a basic necessity of life. What will he want to do next, tax the air we breathe? If anyone should be mocked it should be Cain, not Obama.

Conley
10-20-2011, 03:31 PM

The idea that food wand other necessities will be taxed is never going to fly. It's dead in the water. Cain should be trying to be somewhat novel but radical is probably not a good idea.

Yup. The IRS and the tax code need a lot of reform but why not be realistic about it? The cynic in me says these ideas are floated just so they can get shot down and maintain business as usual. Like border security I suspect the vast majority of Americans are in favor of it and D.C. will do absolutely nothing to get it done.

Cruel
10-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Relax. I wasn't saying you don't understand. Obama does have a plan for more jobs and economic growth. Maybe you missed his speech a few weeks ago, or maybe you just didn't care. The point is he does have a plan even though the cartoon says otherwise. Now you might disagree with his methods but we will get a chance to see just what he can do when he comes back for a second term.

And like other people have said anyone who wants to tax food is out of his mind. Not even the most leftist member of the Democratic party would think to steal money from the poor in such an underhanded way. It is a basic necessity of life. What will he want to do next, tax the air we breathe? If anyone should be mocked it should be Cain, not Obama.

Your false denials won't work against me, Marxist jgreer. We've all seen that Obama and Associates prior actions and plans were wrong and haven't improved anything and things have only gotten worse. Your ignorant belief that he would actually accomplish anything beneficial in a 2nd term really shows how ignorant and gullible you are.
Well of course you Leftists are against anyone or anything that is against your Leftist mothering government and against anything that might correct and improve things. The only ones that deserve to be insulted and mocked are Obama and Associates and you Leftist/Marxist ignorant and gullible sheep.

MMC
10-21-2011, 01:14 AM
But now because of Cain's Plan. Perry says he will release his plans for a flat Tax. Seems to me if you were jumping into this race you would already have these issues in order and not be making shit up on the fly.

Conley
10-21-2011, 01:21 AM
I've never seen a guy go from overwhelming favorite to distant 3rd so fast as Perry. I still don't understand what happened and maybe he doesn't either.

MMC
10-21-2011, 01:26 AM
I've never seen a guy go from overwhelming favorite to distant 3rd so fast as Perry. I still don't understand what happened and maybe he doesn't either.

OH, backing Gore wouldnt have anything to do with. Nor the fact that he was a Democrat and then switched flags. America sees Jethro for what he is when he is standing there giving us his Naught Naughts.

wingrider
10-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Beverly Hillbillies - Cast Ad #07 - Winston Cigarettes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkZLFwPPYHw#)

Conley
10-21-2011, 08:59 AM

OH, backing Gore wouldnt have anything to do with. Nor the fact that he was a Democrat and then switched flags. America sees Jethro for what he is when he is standing there giving us his Naught Naughts.

But all of that was true when he ran for governor of Texas and won. And all of that was known when he was being asked to enter the race, and all of that was true when he was the frontrunner after announcing. I am not worried about it, I like Romney and Cain better anyway ;D

chuckster
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
no new taxes period that is what they should be about

MMC
10-21-2011, 09:53 AM

But all of that was true when he ran for governor of Texas and won. And all of that was known when he was being asked to enter the race, and all of that was true when he was the frontrunner after announcing. I am not worried about it, I like Romney and Cain better anyway ;D

I was thinking that he didnt back half of that shit up until he became Govenor. Either way he is not Presidential Material. Imo that is!

Conley
10-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Agreed, but then neither was Obama :-\

MMC
10-21-2011, 10:05 AM

http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/but.gif Obama is smarter and was able to fool a great many. Whereas Perry just looks like he is conning the American People and then shows them that he isnt as smart as Obama. Dumber and Dumberer Just another tool for Breitbart. >:(

Conley
10-21-2011, 10:14 AM

http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/but.gif Obama is smarter and was able to fool a great many. Whereas Perry just looks like he is conning the American People and then shows them that he isnt as smart as Obama. Dumber and Dumberer Just another tool for Breitbart. >:(

Yeah, you are right again. >:( >:( :D