PDA

View Full Version : Mets Star Lenny Dykstra Pleads No Contest to Car theft.....

MMC
10-20-2011, 01:37 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/former-met-lenny-dykstra-pleads-auto-theft-014515474.html

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former New York Mets star Lenny Dykstra pleaded no contest on Wednesday to grand theft auto charges stemming from what prosecutors said was a scheme to lease cars using phony business and credit information.

Dykstra, 48, entered his plea, the equivalent of guilty in California, during a hearing in Los Angeles Superior Court. In addition to three counts of grand theft auto, he pleaded no contest to one count of filing false financial statements.

The onetime World Series hero faces a maximum penalty of four years in prison when he appears before a judge for sentencing in January.

Dykstra and two associates were accused of running a scheme to lease high-end automobiles from dealerships using fraudulent information and claiming credit through a phony business called Home Free Systems.

Dykstra originally faced 25 criminal counts, including three counts of possession of a controlled substance, due to the alleged discovery of cocaine, Ecstasy and a synthetic growth hormone during a police search of his Los Angeles home.

Those charges together were punishable by up to 12 years in prison. But Los Angeles prosecutors said on Wednesday that the remainder of the case would be dismissed at sentencing under his plea deal.

Dykstra still faces two additional and unrelated criminal prosecutions. An indictment returned by a federal grand jury in May accuses him of stealing or destroying some $400,000 in property that was part of his bankruptcy case.

Then in August, he was charged in Los Angeles with exposing himself to a string of women who answered online employment advertisements he posted.....snip~

Lmao his nickname was Nails.....Guess now it will be Nailed! :D ;D

Busted dead to rights and he pleas out for a 4 yr charge. Day for Day thats dwn to 2 yrs. 90 days good time. 18months. I still think they will give him the 18 months.

Mister D
10-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Why? ???

Conley
10-20-2011, 09:09 AM
I actually read a great story about him a while back. I can try to find it if anyone is interested. I can't believe after all the crimes this guy has committed (and there are more than are listed here) he's only looking at 4 yrs / 18 months. That's crazy. This guy stole millions! Literally. Also owes people tons of money, flew private jets, etc. He was a big time crook.

Mister D
10-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I actually read a great story about him a while back. I can try to find it if anyone is interested. I can't believe after all the crimes this guy has committed (and there are more than are listed here) he's only looking at 4 yrs / 18 months. That's crazy. This guy stole millions! Literally. Also owes people tons of money, flew private jets, etc. He was a big time crook.

Why would a guy who made all that money be a crook? I guess it happens.

Conley
10-20-2011, 09:11 AM

Oh he blew through all that money years ago. Compulsive drug addict and gambler. Also ball players back then didn't make anything close to what they make now. A lot of them are bitter about that. If he played now he would have made bank.

Conley
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
You Think Your Job Sucks? Try Working for Lenny Dykstra

It was every New York sports journalist’s dream come true: working for a Mets legend on his glossy new magazine, leaving behind the daily newspaper grind for the world of private jets, high finance, and $18 million estates. But as Kevin Coughlin found out, when your boss is Lenny Dykstra, you’d better be ready to get beaned

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200903/lenny-dykstra-magazine#ixzz1bKb719F7

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200903/lenny-dykstra-magazine

This is from April 2009, one of the first journalists to break this story. Jim Cramer (the stock guy) and others were pumping up Dykstra saying he was a financial genius. Now we see the truth.

Mister D
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM

Oh he blew through all that money years ago. Compulsive drug addict and gambler. Also ball players back then didn't make anything close to what they make now. A lot of them are bitter about that. If he played now he would have made bank.

He still would have made a lot of coin and would never have to work again...if he hadn't been a drug addict and a gambler. ::)

Conley
10-20-2011, 09:16 AM

He still would have made a lot of coin and would never have to work again...if he hadn't been a drug addict and a gambler. ::)

He was a moron no doubt, but it is interesting to me at least how he was able to con so many.

MMC
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Yeah the rental scam was a good one. Plus when they rolled on him he has all the coke on him too. But what was up with showing himself to all those women clients of his? :o

Conley
10-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah the rental scam was a good one. Plus when they rolled on him he has all the coke on him too. But what was up with showing himself to all those women clients of his? :o

Yeah I hadn't heard about that last one. He's one screwed up dude. So what do you think about the amount of time they say he will get?

MMC
10-20-2011, 10:05 AM

Yeah I hadn't heard about that last one. He's one screwed up dude. So what do you think about the amount of time they say he will get?

I think he will get the 18 months with other charges pending. probably some rehab with home monitoring.

Conley
10-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah but I mean do you think it is right for the crimes he has committed?

MMC
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
[quote=Conley;18466]
Yeah but I mean do you think it is right for the crimes he has committed?
[/quote

You know what they say Don't do the Crime if ya can't do the time. Don't Do it! If he was that smart he would know he would get caught sooner or later. So where's his stash? >:D ;)

Conley
10-20-2011, 10:42 AM
He snorted it all!