PDA

View Full Version : There Is Virtually No Credible Opposition to Trump

Ethereal
08-20-2017, 11:25 PM
I would say the only people in America with the ability to credibility critique Trump are libertarians.

We've remained consistent and have not generally jumped on board with the anti-Trump insanity, so when we criticize Trump, his supporters tend to take it more seriously than if a Democrat were doing it.

That said, libertarians are not exactly politically influential in Washington DC, so their criticisms aren't generally felt by Trump and his supporters.

This is unfortunate because there are many legitimate criticisms of Trump to be made. The problem is that liberal-Marxist Democrats rarely make such criticisms. And on the rare occasion that they do make one, it's merely an accident of their unhinged hatred for all things Trump.

This has created a situation where nobody with true political power has the ability to challenge Trump in a credible way, which is a dangerous situation to be in when you consider just how much power a president can wield.

Chris
08-20-2017, 11:29 PM
I doubt the left can get past their unhinged hatred for all things Trump.

Ethereal
08-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Even if they somehow managed the impossible, it wouldn't matter since nobody outside their little bubble can take them seriously anymore.

Chris
08-20-2017, 11:37 PM
Even if they somehow managed the impossible, it wouldn't matter since nobody outside their little bubble can take them seriously anymore.

As I posted elsewhere, if, as they claim in their unhinged hatred for all things Trump, he and the Reps are dysfunctional, what are they for losing to losers?

Ethereal
08-20-2017, 11:40 PM
...what are they for losing to losers?

Self-important loonies.

And their antics will come back to haunt them in 2020 when they are forced to cobble together some kind of cohesive message out the ashes of their Russia/Nazi obsession.

Captain Obvious
08-21-2017, 12:12 AM
Biden.

Outside of that, yesterdays chopped liver Rodham.

Croft
08-21-2017, 01:51 AM
If Trump gets lots of jobs back and does real work in those swing states he'll win again and deserve to. If he doesn't then the Dems will have a fighting chance because Trump will have just been yet another liar.

Refugee
08-21-2017, 06:21 AM
I sort of feel sorry for Trump, the term ‘trump’ by the way is an old English name for breaking wind! Yet if he suddenly stated, ‘guys, I think it’s going to rain tomorrow’, you’d hear cries of, ‘see I told you he was a Nazi and a racist and he’s just proved it.’
You know, if Trump was black, the ones shouting the loudest now wouldn’t dare say anything out loud. Can you image Obama getting even a small dose of what Trump got on his election campaign?
I say give him a chance and if he massively increases poverty, you see more of the likes of Ferguson and unemployment soaring on his watch, then by all means criticise.

Common
08-21-2017, 06:40 AM
There is a laundry list of things to criticize Trump for but any and all Democrat and Liberal complaints fall on deaf ears, because they went bat shit crazy insane to the point that they lied and exaggerated so much so often that no one believes a word they say anymore

Refugee
08-21-2017, 07:04 AM
For someone who’s only been President for a few months, what can he be responsible for? The debt ceiling, the poverty, the unemployment, a divided society . . . After a decade of Obama, you can’t really blame Trump for not having led America to the promised land. Am I missing something here?

Common
08-21-2017, 07:15 AM
Liberals have to cover for all obama did to this country.

DGUtley
08-21-2017, 07:26 AM
You have to admit, it's working. By it, I mean the Democrats' resistance to all things Trump. The media has been on full-blown Anti-Trump since he was elected. The distractions and the Republican-fear have so far limited his agenda -- which was the plan all along. Gorsuch and regulation roll back is really all he's gotten, I think.

Refugee
08-21-2017, 07:37 AM
*Breaking News* It’s been proved Trumps election was nothing to do with the Russians. Putin was in the Kremlin basement at the time boiling frogs in a cauldron and casting spells on Hilary. It was Father Christmas that cast a spell on the Americans to vote for Trump. Go to any safe space sit in and they’ll explain it all better than I can :) Remember, you heard it all here on Refugees ‘Fill that empty liberal space between your ears’ news channel. :laugh:

Ethereal
08-21-2017, 07:39 AM
You have to admit, it's working. By it, I mean the Democrats' resistance to all things Trump. The media has been on full-blown Anti-Trump since he was elected. The distractions and the Republican-fear have so far limited his agenda -- which was the plan all along. Gorsuch and regulation roll back is really all he's gotten, I think.

Trump still has three years left, a fact that Democrats are loath to admit to themselves. They are operating under the delusion that Trump will be removed from office sooner rather than later. In any case, the president has a lot of latitude when it comes to foreign policy, so Trump requires very little cooperation from other branches of government in that regard. That is why, for example, he was able to attack Syria based on false intelligence without any authorization from the congress. The president has the power to attack pretty much any country he wants based on a mere whim, to say nothing of the vast law enforcement and domestic spying apparatus he oversees. Should Trump continue to abuse this power, there is little if anything that can be done to stop him.

Chris
08-21-2017, 08:01 AM
For someone who’s only been President for a few months, what can he be responsible for? The debt ceiling, the poverty, the unemployment, a divided society . . . After a decade of Obama, you can’t really blame Trump for not having led America to the promised land. Am I missing something here?

He has named a conservative to the court and has through executive orders reversed a lot of what Obama did through executive orders, but he has met much opposition from his own party in Congress.

stjames1_53
08-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Ethereal dude, cleanup your pm box. Just tried to send you a pm and your full, too full to accept any pm's

Chris
08-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Ethereal dude, cleanup your pm box. Just tried to send you a pm and your full, too full to accept any pm's

Go to Settings > Private Messages > Edit Folders, and empty.

stjames1_53
08-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Go to Settings > Private Messages > Edit Folders, and empty.

I know..........it was for Eth..........tried to pm him

Croft
08-21-2017, 11:44 AM
He has done a shitload of deporting though. And when the wall starts up the wailing is going to be incredible. You'd think he'd just authorized Custer to hunt down Pocohuntas.

Common
08-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Hes also slowed illegal immigration dramatically and increased deportations.
What he hasnt gotten done has nothing to do with the liberal whining and raging for example. He didnt get Obamacare repealed because of other republicans.

Kalkin
08-21-2017, 01:16 PM

Their defeat was far too humiliating. They went all-in on the democrats and were bytch-slapped so violently that their heads are still spinning nearly a year after the fact.

Chris
08-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Their defeat was far too humiliating. They went all-in on the democrats and were bytch-slapped so violently that their heads are still spinning nearly a year after the fact.

Watching the media eat crow was hilarious.

ripmeister
08-21-2017, 03:24 PM
On a serious note the most credible opposition to Trump is Trump himself. He's his own worst enemy. :grin:

Tahuyaman
08-21-2017, 04:35 PM
There is valid and substantive opposition to elements of the Trump agenda, but it all comes from true conservatives. The Democrats are in opposition just for the sake of opposition.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Watching the media eat crow was hilarious. They get past the crow earing thing fairly quickly. They look at their job as being to continually oppose Trump and set little traps here and there so they can pounce. Sometimes he exposes them and embarrasses them. They don't care as long as they can get one in on him somewhere.

Refugee
08-21-2017, 05:21 PM
He has named a conservative to the court and has through executive orders reversed a lot of what Obama did through executive orders, but he has met much opposition from his own party in Congress.

Yes, totally agree, he’s fighting not only the opposition, but the two party system itself. The vast majority of the GOP elite did very nicely financially out of the Obama years, but in the end the people decided and it sounds very odd that for many, an election doesn’t count unless the minority get their choice.

I think what a lot of these protesters fail to understand and it’s why they sound so stupid, is that behind all these anti-Trump so-called spontaneous movements and protests, is a far left radical agenda pulling their strings. The same is happening in Europe, but you can already see the social damage of the Obama years in the slogan shouting, pure ignorance and violence in the Trump protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnqc6vXAqRM

jet57
08-21-2017, 05:31 PM
I would say the only people in America with the ability to credibility critique Trump are libertarians.

We've remained consistent and have not generally jumped on board with the anti-Trump insanity, so when we criticize Trump, his supporters tend to take it more seriously than if a Democrat were doing it.

That said, libertarians are not exactly politically influential in Washington DC, so their criticisms aren't generally felt by Trump and his supporters.

This is unfortunate because there are many legitimate criticisms of Trump to be made. The problem is that liberal-Marxist Democrats rarely make such criticisms. And on the rare occasion that they do make one, it's merely an accident of their unhinged hatred for all things Trump.

This has created a situation where nobody with true political power has the ability to challenge Trump in a credible way, which is a dangerous situation to be in when you consider just how much power a president can wield.

All the opposition needs to use against Trump is what comes out of his mouth.

Refugee
08-21-2017, 07:35 PM

Watch the short video above.

KathyS
08-21-2017, 08:59 PM

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/20915343_10210238935589987_6132631518420993363_n.j pg?oh=0d519fe0d13f36676a9fd99d90a347cb&oe=5A21DEA3

ripmeister
08-21-2017, 09:33 PM
There is valid and substantive opposition to elements of the Trump agenda, but it all comes from true conservatives. The Democrats are in opposition just for the sake of opposition.
Deja Vu

Refugee
08-21-2017, 09:48 PM
And that’s the power of persuasion; when a liberal population begin to believe what they can’t explain, with mass regurgitated political sound bites replacing reality.

You face stiff competition. American liberals think they hold the monopoly on stupidity, but in Europe (Sweden), they have the equivalent of Antifa, who beat up bystanders who don’t cheer loudly enough for multiculturalism.

Obama’s healing America? The European Union’s leading commissioner (Jean Claude Juncker) says he is in touch with leaders from other planets!

Team liberal Europe – leading the pack! :laugh:

Tahuyaman
08-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Trump is the most liberal Republican president ever elected to the presidency. The liberal's opposition to him is all personality based.

Chris
08-21-2017, 10:04 PM
Trump is the most liberal Republican president ever elected to the presidency. The liberal's opposition to him is all personality based.

Even more liberal than Bush!

Tahuyaman
08-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Even more liberal than Bush!

Absolutely.

Refugee
08-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Perhaps that’s a good thing and a move away from the two predictable extremes that are so alike?

Kalkin
08-22-2017, 12:43 AM

Sure thing. That's all they needed to keep him from becoming POTUS, too.

Oh, wait...

LOLOLOL.

Ivan88
08-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Because President Trump was afraid to condemn mob violence, He has unleashed the lusts of violent mobs upon America, all fully supported by TV, newspapers etc..
Thus any sort of vicious violence is justified if some crazy mob calls anyone a "racist" or other rigged word designed to create chaos; And no one is allowed to stop the violence, because, now the mob is "righteous" action; When in reality it is violence to over throw the Rights of all Mankind to Life, Property, Truth & Security as per the 10 Commandments.

jet57
08-23-2017, 11:17 AM
Sure thing. That's all they needed to keep him from becoming POTUS, too.

Oh, wait...

LOLOLOL.

Sure; and how'z that workin out for 'ya?

Kalkin
08-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Sure; and how'z that workin out for 'ya?

Great! Did you catch that awesome speech last night? People cheering while outside cowardly protesters were getting nut-shot in the street. MAGA!

How's that hillary loss working out for you?

jet57
08-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Great! Did you catch that awesome speech last night? People cheering while outside cowardly protesters were getting nut-shot in the street. MAGA!

How's that hillary loss working out for you?

You mean the "campaign speech" that we all paid for? The one wherein Trump lied his ass off again and only kept himself in the spotlight while his cabinet falls a part at the seems and the government is stuck in the mud and everybody's pissed at Trump and talking about how "unfit" he is and the 25th Amendment?

THAT Trump presidency!?!

Yeah; I guess it's workin out just great for 'ya ain't it...

Kalkin
08-23-2017, 12:12 PM
You mean the "campaign speech" that we all paid for?
See it any way you'd like, the result is the same. You lost. Bwahahahaha!!!

Yeah; I guess it's workin out just great for 'ya ain't it...

Indeed. Much better than that hillary loss is working out for you.

Stop squealing like a butthurt pig, grow up, and accept reality.

Or don't.

jet57
08-23-2017, 12:53 PM
See it any way you'd like, the result is the same. You lost. Bwahahahaha!!!

Indeed. Much better than that hillary loss is working out for you.

Stop squealing like a butthurt pig, grow up, and accept reality.

Or don't.

We ALL lost dude.

stjames1_53
08-23-2017, 01:23 PM
We ALL lost dude.

nobody lost a damned thing. You still have your paycheck, your health insurance, job, liberty............. and you still have your Rights............
Unless I've missed something, you are where you were at on Jan 1st or better off............quitcherbichin

Kalkin
08-23-2017, 03:05 PM
We ALL lost dude.
No, just you and your fellow marxists lost. Citizens who are tired of the PC liberal BS won, big league.

Ethereal
08-23-2017, 03:07 PM
No, just you and your fellow marxists lost. Citizens who are tired of the PC liberal BS won, big league.
Nice avatar!

You are a credit to this forum!

OddFellow
08-24-2017, 10:39 AM
I am more of a democrat, but I like Trump more than the other Republicans because he is more to the left. I don't agree with a lot of the criticisms of him I think the media is just out to get him. I would of wished Bernie or Hillary won, but I prefer Trump over the other Republican candidates. We definitely need to tax like crazy companies who ship jobs overseas. I say we need to create very pricey tariffs. China needs to be held accountable too Trump is right about that. We have put up too long with China taking jobs away and it is time to put our foot down and not let them to continue walking all over us.

He does have some ideas democrats had. He said he wanted to raise minimum wage I hope he raises it to at least $10/hr.

I hope eventually all the healthcare reforms will lead to a 100% socialized medicine society. Take the responsibility out of employers hands for providing healthcare, the government pays for everyones healthcare. I am huge fan of Micheal Moore and he showed in his recent movie that some European countries get all their healthcare paid for by government, you don't pay anything. Thats the system we need eventually. I hope Trumps efforts will pave the way for that kind of system to eventually come in place.

With less good jobs available the $10/hr minimum wage is a great start (although I like Bernie's $15/hr plan better), also what people get on welfare & unemployment & food stamps needs to increase to at least 3 fold. Increasing the minimum wage will put more people out of work but thats ok the government can cushion the effect by giving more money to those who are unemployed. Regardless if someone is able to find a livable wage job or not they should be entitled to 30k a year period. We got enough rich people in this country they can pay for those who can't find jobs or can't find jobs they can live off of.

Although I consider myself a Democrat I always liked Trump. I would of preferred Hillary or Bernie, but in some ways Trump seemed more to the left than other Republicans and he seemed like someone who could get things done. So I am glad he is president.

Adelaide
08-24-2017, 10:43 AM
If the Democrats could find a left libertarian they may break the mold and earn a new demographic... but I do not see that happening, and it may upset the base.

Caroline Kennedy and Biden seem like likely and reasonable choices for 2020. But the DNC leadership must be completely removed by then. No Pelosi, no Warren, no Clinton involvement, an overhaul in how they manage campaigns and policies, so on.

Kalkin
08-24-2017, 10:46 AM
He does have some ideas democrats had. He said he wanted to raise minimum wage I hope he raises it to at least $10/hr.

I hope eventually all the healthcare reforms will lead to a 100% socialized medicine society. Take the responsibility out of employers hands for providing healthcare, the government pays for everyones healthcare. I am huge fan of Micheal Moore and he showed in his recent movie that some European countries get all their healthcare paid for by government, you don't pay anything. Thats the system we need eventually. I hope Trumps efforts will pave the way for that kind of system to eventually come in place.

With less good jobs available the $10/hr minimum wage is a great start (although I like Bernie's $15/hr plan better), also what people get on welfare & unemployment & food stamps needs to increase to at least 3 fold. Increasing the minimum wage will put more people out of work but thats ok the government can cushion the effect by giving more money to those who are unemployed. Regardless if someone is able to find a livable wage job or not they should be entitled to 30k a year period. We got enough rich people in this country they can pay for those who can't find jobs or can't find jobs they can live off of.

Although I consider myself a Democrat I always liked Trump. I would of preferred Hillary or Bernie, but in some ways Trump seemed more to the left than other Republicans and he seemed like someone who could get things done. So I am glad he is president.

Everyone gets 30K, paid for by someone else who owes them absolutely nothing? And a threefold increase in government freebies? Do liberals ever grow up?