PDA

View Full Version : Cheeto Jesus and Never Trumpers

IMPress Polly
08-22-2017, 01:58 PM
Well @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868), I have done my research on the term "Cheeto Jesus". Apparently, "cheeto" refers to Donald Trump's reputedly orange-y skin/hair tone, while "Jesus" refers to the borderline messianic way that his followers often view him. The term appears to have been first used by, of all people, Rick Wilson. You know, the Red State guy? One of like three remaining halfway prominent Never Trumpers. The other two I can think of are Glenn Beck and Ana Navarro. That is also, uncoincidentally, the sum total of prominent rightists whom I retain an ounce of respect for at present. :grin:

We have some Never Trump conservatives and libertarians in the resistance. There aren't many of them and they're unsurprisingly the least reliable participants in the movement, but they do join in at the margins sometimes. It's kind of nice having at least some allies from the other end of the political spectrum. I mean we're not exactly friends, but we can at least unite around some causes because we have a shared enemy.

It's disappointing that there are so few such people. I mean even Ted Cruz capitulated eventually. You remember, the candidate whose stated favorite movie was The Princess Bride?

(So much for patriarchal chivalry!)

Or Mitt Romney, the movement's founder, who ended his role by quite tirelessly praising Trump's awesomeness at Trump Tower shortly after his "election" in a truly, epically desperate and pathetic bid to become Secretary of State. Given the tone of his post-meeting remarks, one wonders why he didn't just take the next logical step and glue his face to the inside of Mr. Trump's zipper. He knows he wanted to and it's not like he had any dignity left to salvage at that point.

The few remaining Never Trump rightists are the only ones who retain a sliver of dignity and credibility in this era of personality cult politics and "alternative facts", in my opinion. I actually get to see the few prominent ones from time to time because they've been known to appear on places other than Fox News of late: MSNBC, CNN, even Samantha Bee's program. Politics sure can make strange bedfellows (or bedladies)!

Chris
08-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Trump's a twit who, besides a court nominee and some executive orders, has accomplished little, so one could, like the left, call him a loser, even though they lost out to him.

The OP is too focused on personalities and personas. As one thread around here says, There Is Virtually No Credible Opposition to Trump (http://thepoliticalforums.com/search.php?searchid=3230125) and the left failed to show up there to dispute it.

del
08-22-2017, 03:03 PM
Trump's a twit who, besides a court nominee and some executive orders, has accomplished little, so one could, like the left, call him a loser, even though they lost out to him.

The OP is too focused on personalities and personas. As one thread around here says, There Is Virtually No Credible Opposition to Trump (http://thepoliticalforums.com/search.php?searchid=3230125) and the left failed to show up there to dispute it.
it's good that chris is here to tell everyone how and what to post.

Mister D
08-22-2017, 03:07 PM
it's good that you're here to...wait lol

Chris
08-22-2017, 03:13 PM

People can post what they want, including criticizing what's posted. It's a forum, del.

The Xl
08-22-2017, 04:12 PM
There isn't a point to the never Trump movement if the solution is the old status quo, which it inevitable would be.

Crepitus
08-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Come to cheesus

del
08-22-2017, 06:27 PM
it's good that you're here to...wait lol

shouldn't you be refilling your tiki torch?

Mister D
08-22-2017, 06:56 PM

I thanked your post because I think we all appreciate your effort to present some new material. The sheets thing is about as old and lame as you are.

IMPress Polly
08-22-2017, 07:30 PM
The XL wrote:
There isn't a point to the never Trump movement if the solution is the old status quo, which it inevitable would be.

The alt-right or neoliberalism? Those are our only options? Wow, you really ARE brainwashed!

Neoliberalism (or neoconservatism, properly in their case) may be THEIR solution, but they're not the ones leading this movement; just participating.

Mister D
08-22-2017, 07:32 PM
The alt-right or neoliberalism? Those are our only options? Wow, you really ARE brainwashed!
Still can't understand why she's disliked.

Ethereal
08-22-2017, 07:37 PM
Tissue?

Ethereal
08-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Shouldn't you be obsessing over a blatantly fake Russian collusion narrative that is going nowhere fast?

Ethereal
08-22-2017, 07:40 PM

Neoliberalism (or neoconservatism, properly in their case) may be THEIR solution, but they're not the ones leading this movement; just participating.

The resistance movement is based on nothing substantial. Their only unifying principle is a dislike of Trump. Other than that, they have no principles, no vision, and no coherence.

Mister D
08-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Shouldn't you be obsessing over a blatantly fake Russian collusion narrative that is going nowhere fast?
Get your delusions straight! Now it's the Nazi resurgence. They're "emboldened"!

Ethereal
08-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Get your delusions straight! Now it's the Nazi resurgence. They're "emboldened"!
Trump might be one of the few people in history who went from being a Soviet Commie to a Nazi.

Mister D
08-22-2017, 07:45 PM
The resistance movement is based on nothing substantial. Their only unifying principle is a dislike of Trump. Other than that, they have no principles, no vision, and no coherence.
IOW, no such movement exists. As if GOP establishment types are rallying together with progressive lunatics.

Ethereal
08-22-2017, 07:46 PM
IOW, no such movement exists. As if GOP establishment types are rallying together with progressive lunatics.
GOP establishment types are cowards.

Mister D
08-22-2017, 07:49 PM
GOP establishment types are cowards.
Oh, for sure. They have consistently betrayed their constituency and then have the unmitigated gall to resent Trump's election.

Chris
08-22-2017, 07:52 PM

Good God such a confused POST.

Xl said nothing of those choices.

The alt-right trolling of SJWs has nothing to do with neoliberalism.

Neoliberalism is a reaction to Keynesian economics. But it fails imo in its seeing the state as controller of the economy. It doesn't promote free trade but fixed or managed trade, managed by the government.

So how far is it from Keynesian economics when Keynes advocated the same, or Marxist economics which advocates even dictatorial control--and Keynes admired Marx.

And neoconservatism? That's not economics but politics that emerged in the 60s led by ex-communists, ex-Troskyites, and ex-liberals who didn't want America to fail like communism was.

Movement? What movement? The anti-Trump resistance that preaches hate for him, has no rational argument with his policies, and leaves itself standing for absolutely nothing.

But, yes, it's Xl who is brainwashed for sure.

And nice personal insult to boot.

Mister D
08-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Witch hunter...:rollseyes:

Chris
08-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Trump might be one of the few people in history who went from being a Soviet Commie to a Nazi.

In the mind of the resistance.

Trump's a progressive populist. Really no different from the resistance if they just stopped hating.

Chris
08-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Witch hunter...:rollseyes:

"Gloom despair and agony on me…" -- Hee Haw

Mister D
08-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Good God such a confused POST.

Xl said nothing of those choices.

The alt-right trolling of SJWs has nothing to do with neoliberalism.

Neoliberalism is a reaction to Keynesian economics. But it fails imo in its seeing the state as controller of the economy. It doesn't promote free trade but fixed or managed trade, managed by the government.

So how far is it from Keynesian economics when Keynes advocated the same, or Marxist economics which advocates even dictatorial control--and Keynes admired Marx.

And neoconservatism? That's not economics but politics that emerged in the 60s led by ex-communists, ex-Troskyites, and ex-liberals who didn't want America to fail like communism was.

Movement? What movement? The anti-Trump resistance that preaches hate for him, has no rational argument with his policies, and leaves itself standing for absolutely nothing.

But, yes, it's Xl who is brainwashed for sure.

And nice personal insult to boot.
It is interesting though how "alt right" has come to mean virtually everything and nothing at the same time. It used to be a useful term but, like a host of other terms, it has been emptied of any meaning it once had.

Chris
08-22-2017, 08:01 PM
It is interesting though how "alt right" has come to mean virtually everything and nothing at the same time. It used to be a useful term but, like a host of other terms, it has been emptied of any meaning it once had.

What will happen to language if things continue this way? Another Tower of Babel.

Mister D
08-22-2017, 08:29 PM
What will happen to language if things continue this way? Another Tower of Babel.
We're witnessing an ideologically exhausted regime attempt to retain its legitimacy. Controlling language is a prerequisite for the strategy of distraction. Nazi bogeymen today, antifa kooks tomorrow. Sadly, you can't say this strategy hasn't paid dividends. The OP is a great example. They have her convinced she's taking a stand against fascism rather than defending the status quo.

Chris
08-22-2017, 09:01 PM
We're witnessing an ideologically exhausted regime attempt to retain its legitimacy. Controlling language is a prerequisite for the strategy of distraction. Nazi bogeymen today, antifa kooks tomorrow. Sadly, you can't say this strategy hasn't paid dividends. The OP is a great example. They have her convinced she's taking a stand against fascism rather than defending the status quo.

They seem to be giving it their best shot but like Eth points out there's no there there, it's empty, vacuous. If they knock something down then something only worse will take its place.

del
08-22-2017, 09:58 PM
Tissue?

a barf bag would be more appropriate

del
08-22-2017, 10:00 PM

no, you seem to be handling that all by yourself, like a big boy

Mister D
08-23-2017, 10:28 AM
The Russian collusion narrative is certainly a flop.

Kalkin
08-23-2017, 11:02 AM
a barf bag would be more appropriate
That's where your posts belong, for sure.

Adelaide
08-24-2017, 10:53 AM
I do not like the idea of being involved with or associated with some kind of movement to oust Trump or be provocatively against him. I will speak out against him when I disagree with him on individual actions or policies (which is usually), and I will call him an idiot or bigot as needed. But I think that Pence would make for a draconian leader, and would rather avoid that. I find attempts by some of the left to keep pushing supposed scandal after scandal to be desperate. Some are so baseless that it is painful watching some try to struggle to make it real. And why do that? He provides enough fodder without having to create some.

At some point, just accept he's there for 4 years. I did that the day after the inauguration when he was not struck down by lightning. He is not going to be impeached. He is not going to be found mentally incompetent. He is not going to step down. Even if he did do any of those things, it is not in the best interests of the left to have a Pence presidency. Trump, while volatile, unprofessional, unethical, and kind of crazy, is currently the best poor choice (even though there really is no "choice" at this point).

Chris
08-24-2017, 11:17 AM
If the left wants to get rid Cheeto Jesus, find a candidate and platform that gets votes.