PDA

View Full Version : Plastic bag ban, don't let this insanity happen to you

wolfstrike
08-22-2017, 09:05 PM
California "banned" plastic bags.
The businesses were all onboard, because all it meant for them is they charge 10 cents per bag, now.
It was all well and good, until a couple years later California passed another law that said , "send that bag money up to us for taxes"
At first, people tried to do what they were supposed to, they bought reusable bags and brought them to the store.
Now, the checkers scan the crap, and just stand there. You bring your own bag, now they want YOU to bag it. It was worth the 10 cents to put their ass back to work.
You buy bags at the store and they ask you "How many bags you want?"..."i don't fkn know"
The latest chapter is, you buy a plastic bag and they throw it with all the other crap you bought, and expect YOU to bag it yourself. They're trying to eliminate the bag-boy jobs.
------------------------
Last week I go to the store, and I swear, some woman walked out with a 2' x 2' x 3' plastic bin with all her sht in it.
I go into the store, buy a bunch of stuff, the girl at the counter tells me "sorry we don't have ANY bags today"
I said "Well, it looks like i'm walking out with your handcart then"
(I should have stole it)

...and the funny part, California's "plastic bag ban" means plastic bags are 10 cents each.

I can't tell you how much I miss going to the store with no bag issues

resister
08-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Move away from there!

MisterVeritis
08-22-2017, 09:23 PM
I escaped.

Dr. Who
08-22-2017, 09:50 PM
It seems to me that the plastic bag issue and the not packing the groceries issue are quite separate. My supermarket went through a few years having customers packing their own bags then they renovated the store and suddenly the cashiers are bagging again, including the reusable bags. Also, if I'm spending one to two hundred dollars on groceries, do I really care about the extra few cents for the bags, assuming I don't bring in the reusables?

resister
08-22-2017, 10:00 PM
It seems to me that the plastic bag issue and the not packing the groceries issue are quite separate. My supermarket went through a few years having customers packing their own bags then they renovated the store and suddenly the cashiers are bagging again, including the reusable bags. Also, if I'm spending one to two hundred dollars on groceries, do I really care about the extra few cents for the bags, assuming I don't bring in the reusables?
I can carry 200$ on my long bike and often do (monthly) I use reusables, I am a strange conservative.

Dr. Who
08-22-2017, 10:11 PM
I can carry 200$ on my long bike and often do (monthly) I use reusables, I am a strange conservative.

I prefer the reusables. You can put more in one bag and they don't tear open if you buy a whole pineapple or something with a sharp or pointy edge. However, sometimes I forget to put the reusables back in the truck. :sad:

resister
08-22-2017, 10:17 PM
I prefer the reusables. You can put more in one bag and they don't tear open if you buy a whole pineapple or something with a sharp or pointy edge. However, sometimes I forget to put the reusables back in the truck. :sad:I use a JC penny, net bag and a military fliers helmet bag, in addition to my regular saddle bags.

Common
08-23-2017, 04:35 AM
I was told walmart was doing the same thing, eliminating bags and having permanent bags for sale at checkout.

We have a publix near our walmart, you would think with publix prices walmart would destroy them. WRONG, you can ever find a parking space in Publix parking lot and heres why.

They have baggers along with checkers at every checkout, they ask you if you want plastic or paper or if you have your own and they bag it for you.

They push your cart to your car if you want and pack the car for you. In the rain you go outside give someone your cart, pull your car up and sit there and they load you vehicle.

If walmart gets like samsclub where you bring your own bags and then have to bag them yourself walmart will lose business

Common
08-23-2017, 04:37 AM
California is one state I would never live in