PDA

View Full Version : Garden coming in fast and furious now!

donttread
08-30-2017, 07:15 AM
I made cole slaw and fried up a ton of zuccini yesterday while processing even more zucccini for freezing. Today I'll harvest another cabbage or two and the wife is going to make her patented boiled dinner. It's really good! I'll be reading up on the best processes for drying herbs for the winter and maybe even make the wife some potpourri as the herb section of the garden exceeded all expectations this year.
Then the spaghetti squash will be ready . If fact the other day I picked one , baked it and ate the "spaghetti" without sause, butter, seasoning or anything. Also without silverware, but that's cause I'm a hick. Yumm! Good year with cukes too.
One problem is 200 plus beautiful, plum, green tomatoes in no hurry to turn red. Most likely because of our cool summer, where we rarely saw much above 75 . I wish I had planted some Glacier tomatoes this year but I only planted cherry toms and romas . I have one of the most beautiful Cherry Tomato plants I've ever seen in my garden with huge , perfect Cherry Tomatoes. The ones that do turn red never seem to make it inside for some odd reason.
So either all my tomatoes will ripen at once or I'll be eating a shitload of fried green tomatoes in a few weeks!
How is everyone else's gardens fairing? Are some of you in warmer places wrapped up for the year or do you stagger your planting?

Common
08-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Nice, a friend has tons of pot plants and im reaping the benefits of his compulsion to plant excess. I just got a big bag of hot roasting peppers for my eggplant sandwichs. Id rather eat an eggplant sammich with hot roasted peppers than filet mignon

donttread
08-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Nice, a friend has tons of pot plants and im reaping the benefits of his compulsion to plant excess. I just got a big bag of hot roasting peppers for my eggplant sandwichs. Id rather eat an eggplant sammich with hot roasted peppers than filet mignon

Are you saying "pot plants" vs. "potted plants" on purpose? Just don't get your buddy busted! LOL One thing that didn't come in this year was eggplant. I like to grow a couple but they flowered really late and have no fruit.

Peter1469
08-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Do you can, Don't?

donttread
08-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Of course all this cabbage has a down side for those around me. LOL