PDA

View Full Version : Us tells russia to close post in san fran

Peter1469
08-31-2017, 02:17 PM
US TELLS RUSSIA TO CLOSE POST IN SAN FRAN (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UNITED_STATES_RUSSIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-08-31-12-31-57)

And scale back in NYC and DC. It is retaliation for Russia trimming the US presence in Moscow.

The Trump administration said the move constituted its response to the Kremlin's "unwarranted and detrimental" decision to force the U.S. to cut its diplomatic staff in Russia. The U.S. gave Russia a mere 48 hours to close its San Francisco consulate, along with smaller Russian posts in Washington and New York.

"The United States is prepared to take further action as necessary and as warranted," said State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert. Still, she said the U.S. hoped both countries could now move toward "improved relations" and "increased cooperation."

Russia said it regretted the order and pointed the finger at the U.S. for starting the "escalation of tensions" between the nuclear-armed powers. It wasn't immediately clear whether the Kremlin would return the volley by retaliating for the U.S. retaliation. The Russian Foreign Ministry said Moscow was studying the decision to determine its response.

Read more at the link.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm sure this adds more evidence to the Trump / Russia collusion meme.

donttread
08-31-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm sure this adds more evidence to the Trump / Russia collusion meme.

Feed me Seymour! Screams the global military complex.

Peter1469
08-31-2017, 03:43 PM
Feed me Seymour! Screams the global military complex.
Calm down. This is typical diplomatic tit for tat.