PDA

View Full Version : FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 05:50 AM
FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235)

Antifa was declared a terrorist organization by DHS in 2016. Now the FBI and DHS is warning that these domestic terrorists will attack again.

Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

“It was in that period [as the Trump campaign emerged] that we really became aware of them,” said one senior law enforcement official tracking domestic extremists in a state that has become a front line in clashes between the groups. “These antifa guys were showing up with weapons, shields and bike helmets and just beating the shit out of people. … They’re using Molotov cocktails, they’re starting fires, they’re throwing bombs and smashing windows.”

If they engage in terrorist activity, engage and eliminate them.

stjames1_53
09-02-2017, 06:07 AM
when does hunting season open?

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 06:08 AM
I meant law enforcement or military.

stjames1_53
09-02-2017, 06:18 AM
I meant law enforcement or military.

ah, know......................

donttread
09-02-2017, 08:14 AM
FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235)

Antifa was declared a terrorist organization by DHS in 2016. Now the FBI and DHS is warning that these domestic terrorists will attack again.

I think
1) They have an extensive violent, racist wing
2) They are capable of violence and vandalism
3) That government agencies over use the word "terrorism" to justify budgets and jobs.

Common
09-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Funny how the democrats never denounced antifa until the DOJ came out that its listed as a terrorist organization

Once again Trump is proven right, that in Charlottesville BOTH were responsible for the violence.
Thats not making a moral equivalent of the two groups its simply stated they both caused the violence.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 08:36 AM

^claims the left are the violent ones^

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 08:50 AM

That's wierd, Rosenstein's speech at the 10th Annual Utah National Security and Anti-Terrorism Conference on 08/30 only listed acts of RW terrorism.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/deputy-attorney-general-rosenstein-delivers-remarks-10th-annual-utah-national-security-0

DGUtley
09-02-2017, 08:51 AM
This Antifa thingy is dangerous. It is the Hitler Brown Shirts of the progressive movement. Who is funding them? If they have been declared a terrorist organization; isn't it illegal to fund terrorist organizations?

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 08:58 AM
That's wierd, Rosenstein's speech at the 10th Annual Utah National Security and Anti-Terrorism Conference on 08/30 only listed acts of RW terrorism.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/deputy-attorney-general-rosenstein-delivers-remarks-10th-annual-utah-national-security-0
Probably didn't want to upset the "media".

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 08:59 AM
This Antifa thingy is dangerous. It is the Hitler Brown Shirts of the progressive movement. Who is funding them? If they have been declared a terrorist organization; isn't it illegal to fund terrorist organizations?
Soros is their big backer. He does this all over Europe. Hungry got fed up and kicked him out.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Probably didn't want to upset the "media".

More likely decided to deal with actual reality rather than propaganda.

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 09:09 AM
More likely decided to deal with actual reality rather than propaganda.
They beat people, throw bombs, concrete, and urine. That is their reality. It should be ended with a sniper bullet.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:15 AM
They beat people, throw bombs, concrete, and urine. That is their reality. It should be ended with a sniper bullet.

^Another one who claims the violence is from the left^

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 09:18 AM

A bull shit claim.

Read the OP.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:19 AM

I don't recall anyone from the anti-fascists permanently emptying out a predominantly white church do you? Or blowing up any buildings, or getting into armed standoffs with the ATF, or running down crowds of protestors, or...

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:20 AM
A bull shit claim.

Read the OP.

Did you or did you not just say "it should be ended with a sniper bullet"?

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 09:24 AM
I don't recall anyone from the anti-fascists permanently emptying out a predominantly white church do you? Or blowing up any buildings, or getting into armed standoffs with the ATF, or running down crowds of protestors, or...

Dodge and weave.

While leaving out violent protests and anarchy.

Forget it. I don't support terrorist of any sort. You do, from the hard left.

We can agree to disagree.

donttread
09-02-2017, 09:26 AM

The violense is a two, three, four way street

resister
09-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Dodge and weave.

As you can see, arguing with him on this subject is a waste of time, he will deny, deflect and whatabout.:rollseyes:

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Dodge and weave.

The violense is a two, three, four way street

I am not pleased with the anti-fascist tactics.

That being said, equating throwing some rocks at police with multiple murders is dishonest. The violence of the left doesn't even begin to come close to the right's record.

resister
09-02-2017, 09:39 AM

That being said, equating throwing some rocks at police with multiple murders is dishonest. The violence of the left doesn't even begin to come close to the right's record.
You keep attempting to minimize their violence, they do far more than throw rocks, they spit on and beat vets, among other things. They also come into towns not their own and destroy other peoples property.19793 When they end up killing someone, will your head emerge from Uranus?

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 09:41 AM

I think you are very biased.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:42 AM
You keep attempting to minimize their violence, they do far more than throw rocks, they spit on and beat vets, among other things. They also come into towns not their own and destroy other peoples property.19793 When they end up killing someone, will your head emerge from Uranus?

Why don't you see if you can find some actual facts to go with that meme you post over and over. I begin to doubt it's authenticity.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:43 AM
I think you are very biased.

Thats nice.

I don't.

resister
09-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Why don't you see if you can find some actual facts to go with that meme you post over and over. I begin to doubt it's authenticity.
Of course you do, in your world they only throw, never mind what the FBI and DHS say, right?:rollseyes:

Old Native American proverb, You cant wake those who pretend to be asleep. Carry on...zzz zz zzz....

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Of course you do, in your world they only throw, never mind what the FBI and DHS say, right?:rollseyes:

Old Native American proverb, You cant wake those who pretend to be asleep. Carry on...zzz zz zzz....

So, no facts then?

resister
09-02-2017, 09:50 AM
So, no facts then?
Care for me to post more?
https://youtu.be/9r2P-oYJ4bg

resister
09-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Looks like one got a bit of instant karma and failed to throw his bomb quick enough @<a href="http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345" target="_blank">Crepitus</a>

https://youtu.be/8LREiNg7XRk

resister
09-02-2017, 10:00 AM
So, no facts then? Crepitus some videos posted for your education.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Care for me to post more?
https://youtu.be/9r2P-oYJ4bg

Random youtube videos are not facts.

I will ask again: do you have any facts to back up the meme you keep posting?

resister
09-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Random youtube videos are not facts.

I will ask again: do you have any facts to back up the meme you keep posting?
lol, you want a signed confession? You would say that was invalid as it was signed under duress. You can go on believing whatever fantasy you choose, I will take the words of the FBI and the DHS over some random internet guy. Carry on.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Looks like one got a bit of instant karma and failed to throw his bomb quick enough @<a href="http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345" target="_blank">Crepitus</a>

https://youtu.be/8LREiNg7XRk

This video wasn't even shot in America. Listen to the loudspeaker, not english.

So no, this is not any sort of supporting evidence for the meme you keep posting.

I await your next attempt with much amusement.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 10:18 AM
lol, you want a signed confession? You would say that was invalid as it was signed under duress. You can go on believing whatever fantasy you choose, I will take the words of the FBI and the DHS over some random internet guy. Carry on.

Thats funny, are you one of the guys crying "witch hunt!" Over the FBI investigation into the whole trump collusion thing? Why do you suddenly trust then now?

Oh wait! I know why! It's because now it's something you want to be true!

If you believe them when they say the anti-fascists are dangerous do you believe them when they say RWNJ militias are dangerous? How about when they say Russian interfered in the election on Trump's behalf?

Hypocrisy! It's what's for dinner!

resister
09-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Thats funny, are you one of the guys crying "witch hunt!" Over the FBI investigation into the whole trump collusion thing? Why do you suddenly trust then now?

If you believe them when they say the anti-fascists are dangerous do you believe them when they say RWNJ militias are dangerous? How about when they say Russian interfered in the election on Trump's behalf?

Apples and oranges, Antifa is not Trump, there are countless videos of their, well documented violence. Just go on any of their websites and they even say it! :rollseyes:

I have no idea why you choose to defend them. Are you a member or something? Maybe if they come to Witchita KS and tear up a few city blocks, you MIGHT see the light!

resister
09-02-2017, 10:25 AM
This video wasn't even shot in America. Listen to the loudspeaker, not english.

So no, this is not any sort of supporting evidence for the meme you keep posting.

I await your next attempt with much amusement.
You do know Antifa is also in Europe? One should not play with bombs unless they know what the hell they are fooling with. Bet that chap wont be throwing any more bombs!

resister
09-02-2017, 10:27 AM

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/21/its-going-down-antifa-website-calls-violence-against-trump-supporters-capitalists

Chris
09-02-2017, 10:40 AM
Whataboutism is strong in this thread.

Even Pelosi stated "The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted."

Chris
09-02-2017, 10:49 AM
ANTIFA supposedly stands against fascism; it is an abbreviation for “anti-fascist.” Interesting, because I would say 99.9% of Americans would agree on standing against fascism. (As I recall, we dealt a destructive blow to fascism in the ‘40s, and it has made no significant comeback since.)

ANTIFA is actually a radical communist group. Their funding comes mainly from George Soros, and thus, they get paid to be a “fly in the ointment.” They claim lofty ideals, but all they really stand for is radical communism. In doing some research for this blog, I watched several videos on ANTIFA, the Berkeley riots, and other ANTIFA related groups around the world. ANTIFA’s main tactic is chaos, shouting down anyone with whom they disagree with calls of fascist, racist, bigot, etc.

ANTIFA is not the problem. Again, they are largely made up of a tiny group of Millennials dressed in black hoodies and bandannas who always got a trophy for what they did, were never told “no,” and have no coping ability in the world around them.

@ http://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2017/04/antifa-and-the-looney-left/

The left-wing group that helped organize the violent shut down of the Milo Yiannopoulos event at the University of California, Berkeley on Wednesday is backed by a progressive charity that is in turn funded by George Soros, a major labor union and several large companies.

The Alliance for Global Justice, based in Tucson, is listed as an organizer and fiscal sponsor for Refuse Fascism, a communist group that encouraged left-wingers to shut down the Yiannopoulos event.

...Refuse Fascism’s involvement has spurred questions about who is behind the group. In a series of tweets on Thursday, Trump asserted that the protesters were paid to agitate.

While it is unclear whether those who carried out the violence were paid to do so, the benefactors of the Alliance for Global Justice — and Refuse Fascism — are listed online.

According to its most recent 990 tax form, Alliance for Global Justice (AfGJ) received $2.2 million in funding for the fiscal year ending in March 2016.

One of the group’s biggest donors is the Tides Foundation, a non-profit funded by billionaire progressive philanthropist George Soros. Tides gave AfGJ $50,000.

...<others follow>...

@ http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/03/look-who-funds-the-group-behind-the-call-to-arms-at-milos-berkeley-event/

stjames1_53
09-02-2017, 11:01 AM
let us not forget that democrat that shot up baseball practice............
oh nooooos, there's no violence from the Alt-Left........
Crepitus loves his anitfa... he's excusing them. He's been excusing bad behavior from the left since Trump won the nomination

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Apples and oranges, Antifa is not Trump, there are countless videos of their, well documented violence. Just go on any of their websites and they even say it! :rollseyes:

I have no idea why you choose to defend them. Are you a member or something? Maybe if they come to Witchita KS and tear up a few city blocks, you MIGHT see the light!

LOL. not hardly my friend.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 11:02 AM
You do know Antifa is also in Europe? One should not play with bombs unless they know what the hell they are fooling with. Bet that chap wont be throwing any more bombs!

We are talking about the American anti-fascists, not some unrelated group from somewhere overseas.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 11:05 AM
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/21/its-going-down-antifa-website-calls-violence-against-trump-supporters-capitalists

A. Faux news.

B. There are actually conservatives right here on this site calling for violence against the left. that is far more widespread than one nut job site calling for it against the right.

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 12:20 PM

Not when the murders are isolated and the rock thrower are a terror movement.

resister
09-02-2017, 01:24 PM

That being said, equating throwing some rocks at police with multiple murders is dishonest. The violence of the left doesn't even begin to come close to the right's record.Forget about that guy that shot up the ball park, did you?
Crepitus I see you are not on line at the moment so I added a @ because I want to get your opinion on that guy.

stjames1_53
09-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Forget about that guy that shot up the ball park, did you?

or his sweet-heart-guaranteed-winner's (left agents) burning cars and businesses during the primaries.............
He thinks if he gets in your face it's ok, but try to defend yourself, and YOU'RE the one being violent............
and let's not forget BLM that wants all whites to give their possessions over to some blacks. I'd be willing to bet he's a card carrying member....

resister
09-02-2017, 02:27 PM
or his sweet-heart-guaranteed-winner's (left agents) burning cars and businesses during the primaries.............
He thinks if he gets in your face it's ok, but try to defend yourself, and YOU'RE the one being violent............
and let's not forget BLM that wants all whites to give their possessions over to some blacks. I'd be willing to bet he's a card carrying member....
I have wondered that myself, otherwise why go to such lengths to justify unexscusable actions?

resister
09-02-2017, 02:32 PM
A. Faux news.

B. There are actually conservatives right here on this site calling for violence against the left. that is far more widespread than one nut job site calling for it against the right.
I knew you would do the ad hominem thing, go to antifas website and see for yourself, your level of denial is incredible.19794

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Forget about that guy that shot up the ball park, did you?
Crepitus I see you are not on line at the moment so I added a @ because I want to get your opinion on that guy.

Nope, I didn't forget. Yup he did. Obviously deranged, but also obviously a liberal.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Not when the murders are isolated and the rock thrower are a terror movement.

Which is worse, loan wolf murderers or a small movement that throws rocks?

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 02:48 PM
I knew you would do the ad hominem thing, go to antifas website and see for yourself, your level of denial is incredible.19794

Be happy to, but your link doesn't work.

resister
09-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Nope, I didn't forget. Yup he did. Obviously deranged, but also obviously a liberal.
So do you feel the same way about the driver of that car? Of course not, you smear an entire side with it, but the guy on your side, acted alone, have I got that logic of yours correct?

resister
09-02-2017, 02:54 PM
And bombs and urine and beats the shit out of reporters and vets, using clubs and other weapons like bike locks. And lets not forget the destruction of public and private property they leave in their waked. Your attempted minimalization on their criminality really makes me wonder...

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 02:55 PM
So do you feel the same way about the driver of that car? Of course not, you smear an entire side with it, but the guy on your side, acted alone, have I got that logic of yours correct?

Guy in that car has lotsa company, baseball shooter doesn't.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 02:56 PM
And bombs and urine and beats the shit out of reporters and vets, using clubs and other weapons like bike locks. And lets not forget the destruction of public and private property they leave in their waked. Your attempted minimalization on their criminality really makes me wonder...

I've asked you over and over to post up some evidence.

resister
09-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Be happy to, but your link doesn't work.
Not a link, read again. Go to an antifa website and see for yourself. Are you telling me that they don't advocate violence?

MisterVeritis
09-02-2017, 02:57 PM
The "loan" wolf. He loans you money. Then he kills you.

resister
09-02-2017, 02:57 PM
I've asked you over and over to post up some evidence.
I posted a video at the Berkley Campus but that was evidently, not good enough.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Not a link, read again. Go to an antifa website and see for yourself. Are you telling me that they don't advocate violence?

Link me to one. I even Googled it and can't find any.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 02:59 PM

How about something verifiable? Random youtube videos don't count as evidence.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 03:02 PM
The "loan" wolf. He loans you money. Then he kills you.

Lol, autocorrect got me.

resister
09-02-2017, 03:03 PM
How about something verifiable? Random youtube videos don't count as evidence.
You can see the buildings in the background!

resister
09-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Guy in that car has lotsa company, baseball shooter doesn't.
WOW, talk about cognative dissonance! So whats the difference?:rollseyes:

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 03:06 PM
You can see the buildings in the background!

I've never been to Berkley, no idea what it looks like. We don't have anything but some random youtuber's word for who it depicts, what they are doing, and when it happened. Give me something from a news source, even fox at this point.

resister
09-02-2017, 03:07 PM
I've never been to Berkley, no idea what it looks like. We don't have anything but some random youtuber's word for who it depicts, what they are doing, and when it happened. Give me something from a news source, even fox at this point.I already gave you FOX once and you predictably, Ad hom'ed it. Why should I bother?:rollseyes:

resister
09-02-2017, 03:12 PM
https://youtu.be/oq3ZZwbRcQM

stjames1_53
09-02-2017, 03:13 PM

he sees it all. all he's doing is trolling you...........
It is one of the tactics used by AntiFa and BLM........
If you don't give your property to him (BLM), he'll have his buddies at AF burn you out.

resister
09-02-2017, 03:28 PM
https://youtu.be/4NqkHtGHuQs

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 04:05 PM
You could answer your own question if you removed the bias.

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 04:16 PM
When I was in the National Guard (La) we trained for this stuff. It included snipers and undercover spotters to verify the shit-birds. Then doom.

Bob the Slob
09-02-2017, 04:24 PM

And only will. This desire to label antifa as domestic terrorists but NOT The right wing terrorists who have been bombing mosques, abortion clinics, beating gays to death, etc as domestic terrorists smells of propaganda from the right.

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 04:32 PM
And only will. This desire to label antifa as domestic terrorists but NOT The right wing terrorists who have been bombing mosques, abortion clinics, beating gays to death, etc as domestic terrorists smells of propaganda from the right.

Wut?

Get them all. The right has been targets for over a decade.

Bob the Slob
09-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Wut?

Get them all. The right has been targets for over a decade.

Not in the media. They are not mentioned as such in the media. The FBI has them on their lists, but their crimes are never for domestic terrorism, despite all the physical damage to Americans and buildings alike.

resister
09-02-2017, 04:34 PM
And only will. This desire to label antifa as domestic terrorists but NOT The right wing terrorists who have been bombing mosques, abortion clinics, beating gays to death, etc as domestic terrorists smells of propaganda from the right.Do you deny antifa engage in terrorism?

Bob the Slob
09-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Do you deny antifa engage in terrorism?

Yes. They respond to the actions of the neonazis and breitbart hatred.

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Not in the media. They are not mentioned as such in the media. The FBI has them on their lists, but their crimes are never for domestic terrorism, despite all the physical damage to Americans and buildings alike.
I agree. I "media" ignores terrorism from the hard left. And they have a long history of it. ELF. ALF. And these new Antifa crowd that I think came out of the G-20 protests.

resister
09-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Yes. They respond to the actions of the neonazis and breitbart hatred.
And any innocent person standing around not dressed up in black. I bet you wont watch this video, but I post it so you may be more aware of what is going on in the world.
https://youtu.be/4NqkHtGHuQs

Bob the Slob
09-02-2017, 04:41 PM
I agree. I "media" ignores terrorism from the hard left. And they have a long history of it. ELF. ALF. And these new Antifa crowd that I think came out of the G-20 protests.

What terrorist acts have they committed? Bombed buildings killing children? Abortion clinics to prohibit women's rights? Explain. You just keep throwing out right wing talking points. Come up with facts.

Bob the Slob
09-02-2017, 04:43 PM
None of these show antifa....it just shows people in black attacking buildings..there's no indication of where it is.

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 04:46 PM
What terrorist acts have they committed? Bombed buildings killing children? Abortion clinics to prohibit women's rights? Explain. You just keep throwing out right wing talking points. Come up with facts.
Read the article and stop dodging.

Bob the Slob
09-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Read the article and stop dodging.
No facts, just a lot of "beliefs" going on.

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI.

In interviews, law enforcement authorities made clear that Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric and policies — first as a candidate and then as president — helped to create a situation that has escalated so quickly and extensively that they do not have a handle on it.

Seems to me this could and probably is the alt-right wingers pretending to be a group they are not.....no evidence this is a group of organized people and that they represent theleft at all.

Peter1469
09-02-2017, 04:53 PM
No facts, just a lot of "beliefs" going on.

Seems to me this could and probably is the alt-right wingers pretending to be a group they are not.....no evidence this is a group of organized people and that they represent theleft at all.
No sensible person says the hard left has not organized for violence.

Stop.

Mister D
09-02-2017, 04:55 PM
No sensible person says the hard left has not organized for violence.

Stop.

The DHSand the FBI have their "beliefs" and Bob has his own. What's the problem here? Shouldn't we give them equal weight? lol Peter, he's a kid and an idiot. Not worth your time.

resister
09-02-2017, 05:02 PM
LOL, you did not watch it, it identifies the protest locations. You peoples denial is incredible.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 05:50 PM
WOW, talk about cognative dissonance! So whats the difference?:rollseyes:

Ummm, that's not cognitive dissonance.

It's a matter of degree.

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 05:51 PM
I already gave you FOX once and you predictably, Ad hom'ed it. Why should I bother?:rollseyes:

Whatever dude.

resister
09-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Ummm, that's not cognitive dissonance.

It's a matter of degree.
Sure it is, the guy driving the car represents the entire right (in your mind) but the ballfeild shooter was just a lone wolf?:rollseyes:

Crepitus
09-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Sure it is, the guy driving the car represents the entire right (in your mind) but the ballfeild shooter was just a lone wolf?:rollseyes:

Wow, Reading is fundamental. Maybe I wasn't clear. Let me explain.

All of the recent fatal attacks whether the one liberal shooter or the several conservative perpetrators have been lone wolf affairs in that I don't think any group got together and planned out the attack. My point is there have been far more from the right.

Captdon
09-03-2017, 10:06 AM
1 They are all violent
2 Agreed
3 Terrorism should be used when it's true. Anti-fa is a terrorist organization except to the left.

resister
09-03-2017, 10:09 AM
1 They are all violent
2 Agreed
3 Terrorism should be used when it's true. Anti-fa is a terrorist organization except to the left.
Of course not, just look at the apologist in this thread.:rollseyes: