PDA

View Full Version : Trump makes millions off his presidency

AZ Jim
09-06-2017, 12:27 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/06/trump-gets-millions-golf-members-ceos-and-lobbyists-get-access-president/632505001/

[snip]The review shows that, for the first time in U.S. history, wealthy people with interests before the government have a chance for close and confidential access to the president as a result of payments that enrich him personally. It is a view of the president available to few other Americans. [snip]

leekohler2
09-06-2017, 12:30 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/06/trump-gets-millions-golf-members-ceos-and-lobbyists-get-access-president/632505001/

[snip]The review shows that, for the first time in U.S. history, wealthy people with interests before the government have a chance for close and confidential access to the president as a result of payments that enrich him personally. It is a view of the president available to few other Americans. [snip]

And the right thought they voted for an outsider. :rollseyes:

Oops.

Oh now look at this:

Citing privacy and national security, the White House has moved to keep secret the president's interactions. Unlike the Obama administration, the Trump White House does not disclose the president’s golf partners, or whether he played. The Trump team also ended an Obama administration practice of releasing White House visitor logs. In July, a federal court ordered the government to release visitor records from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., to a watchdog group. The deadline is Friday.

What could possibly go wrong?

Kalkin
09-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Elections have consequences. Put on your black mask and go assault someone.

AZ Jim
09-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Elections have consequences. Put on your black mask and go assault someone.Classy.

leekohler2
09-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Classy.
It's true- they really don't care what Trump does. He really could murder someone on live television and they'd be just fine with it.

stjames1_53
09-06-2017, 01:06 PM
shall we discuss Obama and his millions?

AZ Jim
09-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Republican response: "We don't care".

AZ Jim
09-06-2017, 01:07 PM
shall we discuss Obama and his millions?Let's. Obama wasn't a "pay to play" president, Trump is.

MisterVeritis
09-06-2017, 01:10 PM
President Trump had no reason to exploit the presidency like Clinton and Obama did. President Trump was already rich beyond most of our understandings. President Trump is not a little man like BJ Clinton and BH Obama are.

I am grateful he has taken on the challenge and buys us more time for an Article V convention of States. Without a convention, the nation is doomed.

leekohler2
09-06-2017, 01:10 PM
They don't care. The truth is- the rules only apply to Democrats.

Let's. Obama wasn't a "pay to play president, Trump is.
It's going to get worse too. And if a Dem ever does it, they will scream to high heaven.

jimmyz
09-06-2017, 01:12 PM

Please correct your OP to "The Clintons". And you can add the words "since 1993 to present" if you would like to be even more accurate.

AZ Jim
09-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Please correct your OP to "The Clintons". And you can add the words "since 1993 to present" if you would like to be even more accurate.Read the article and bury your hatred for Clinton.

leekohler2
09-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Please correct your OP to "The Clintons". And you can add the words "since 1993 to present" if you would like to be even more accurate.

You really need to read the article, this is way beyond anything we've ever seen. If you have a problem with anything the Clintons ever did, you'd better have MAJOR problems with this. If you don't, you really have no right to criticize any other president.

Kalkin
09-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Classy.
Not particularly, but true regardless. That's how your ideological allies have dealt with their monumental political losses.

Captain Obvious
09-06-2017, 02:16 PM
So where are all these frauds when the Clintons and Bammys made millions off of the office?

Pretending to be crickets, no doubt. Heads in the sand

I know the routine, thanks anyway

Captain Obvious
09-06-2017, 02:23 PM
So I go to read the article, line or two in an ad us shoved in my face blocking the article. Boom - gone!

Junk site, for junkheads, probably a lie anyway but I have no doubt Trump will do very well on being POTUS.

Beds will be shat.

AZ Jim
09-06-2017, 03:14 PM
So I go to read the article, line or two in an ad us shoved in my face blocking the article. Boom - gone!

Junk site, for junkheads, probably a lie anyway but I have no doubt Trump will do very well on being POTUS.

Beds will be shat.USA Today is a "junk site"? You are pathetic and blind to the obvious in spite of your nickname.

leekohler2
09-06-2017, 03:22 PM
USA Today is a "junk site"? You are pathetic and blind to the obvious in spite of your nickname.
Like we both said before, they simply don't care. The rules are only for Democrats.

How many times before Trump took office did we heard from right wingers that they would be the first to criticize Trump if he did anything out of line? How many times did we say they would do no such thing?

Well, one of us was right- a little too right.

Captain Obvious
09-06-2017, 04:09 PM
USA Today is a "junk site"? You are pathetic and blind to the obvious in spite of your nickname.

If you hired a lawyer and immediately after you begin discussing the case he interrupted you and began trying to sell you time shares in Florida, what would your opinion be?

You are part of the snowflake low information crowd, I totally expect the point to whoosh by you, most things do.

Like the fact that I agreed with USA Today, you even quoted me, lol

WHOOOOSH!!

Abby08
09-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Trump isn't taking any pay for being President. Obama sure did, didn't he? We should ask for a refund.

Trumpster
09-06-2017, 04:30 PM
After making a large contribution, I received a letter stating that I am now a member of the Presidents Advisory Board. Now I'm waiting to have a private meeting with him; I guess he's busy......... :flag::flag:

AZ Jim
09-06-2017, 05:33 PM
After making a large contribution, I received a letter stating that I am now a member of the Presidents Advisory Board. Now I'm waiting to have a private meeting with him; I guess he's busy......... :flag::flag:Most likely playing golf.

Common
09-06-2017, 05:36 PM
So did Obama and so did the Clintons, Maxine Waters never had a job till she became a house member now she owns a 4.5 million dollar mansion.

Abby08
09-06-2017, 09:40 PM
So did Obama and so did the Clintons, Maxine Waters never had a job till she became a house member now she owns a 4.5 million dollar mansion.

Who says, crime doesn't pay?

Grokmaster
09-07-2017, 12:21 AM

More TDs bullshit. Not a SINGLE CASE of play to pay cited in the article, or even anything close to it. The CEOs were members BEFORE Pres.Trump was POTUS, and most have never met him. Read your own bullshit why dontcha....

Now, explain Uranium One.

stjames1_53
09-07-2017, 06:04 AM
USA article is purely speculative.................facts not in evidence

Peter1469
09-07-2017, 06:10 AM

Washington rented and sold real estate interests while president. He even advertised in the UK.

Our Founders were businessmen; not full time politicians.

Peter1469
09-07-2017, 06:11 AM
The Clinton Foundation is a better example of real corruption out of the political class.

Adelaide
09-07-2017, 08:56 AM
His personal security detail is ridiculously large, based on real life observation. It is no wonder the secret service is having problems with managing the family's security.

As for making money off the presidency, that's pretty much what everyone does. Bush has been pretty quiet but I would imagine he appreciated from it somehow. Clinton obviously did also. Obama's speaking fees, books and so on are also making money because of the presidency.

Abby08
09-07-2017, 10:00 AM
But, NOW, it's a big problem. Every other President can/has, in some way, benefited from his presidency, but NOW, it's upsetting people.

Adelaide
09-07-2017, 10:06 AM
But, NOW, it's a big problem. Every other President can/has, in some way, benefited from his presidency, but NOW, it's upsetting people.

People have been complaining about the Clintons for years, and Obama since last year. It is not really a new complaint. Even Bush's cabinet and VP got crucified for taking positions in companies that were in areas like oil and gas.

Abby08
09-07-2017, 10:15 AM
People have been complaining about the Clintons for years, and Obama since last year. It is not really a new complaint. Even Bush's cabinet and VP got crucified for taking positions in companies that were in areas like oil and gas.

How many, here, complaining about Trump, did the same thing with Clinton and, Obama? That, pretty much is where I was going.

Adelaide
09-07-2017, 10:23 AM
How many, here, complaining about Trump, did the same thing with Clinton and, Obama? That, pretty much is where I was going.

Plenty. There are a lot of moderates and libertarians that are vocal about being against both Trump and Clinton, or Trump and Obama, or both.

Another thing to consider is that Trump is a businessman. He owns a lot of properties and although his businesses are in a trust, he will inevitably make money off them during and after his presidency. That is different compared to many presidents who have been purely politicians.

Captdon
09-07-2017, 11:46 AM

So? That means he's doing it? Of course rich people have access to him. They're the people he knows best. You liberals really have to get your heads on straight.

MisterVeritis
09-07-2017, 12:01 PM
His personal security detail is ridiculously large, based on real life observation. It is no wonder the secret service is having problems with managing the family's security.
The problems are no different for President Trump than for any other president. Salaries are capped so security details end up working for "free". Add more security.