PDA

View Full Version : Stop Sending Money for Foreign Aid and Send for Hurricane Harvey

Chris
09-07-2017, 09:24 PM
The Dinosaur Syndrome: big hearts, small brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0takZJUJFA

resister
09-07-2017, 09:29 PM
And Irma, we have enough needy right here.

Chris
09-07-2017, 09:30 PM
And Irma, we have enough needy right here.

He mentions Florida, too. You know that's coming.

resister
09-07-2017, 10:02 PM
He mentions Florida, too. You know that's coming.
Oh boy do I! The hospital released my old lady yesterday! Great timing, huhh? The home care nurse is training me to debride and pack a wound, they wont come out if winds are over 45 mph.

Fortunately, we are well stocked and as a former tattoo artist, I am familiar with minor surgical procedures, I can do the job.

Tricia
09-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Glad to hear your wife is doing better resister

Crepitus
09-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Oh boy do I! The hospital released my old lady yesterday! Great timing, huhh? The home care nurse is training me to debride and pack a wound, they wont come out if winds are over 45 mph.

Fortunately, we are well stocked and as a former tattoo artist, I am familiar with minor surgical procedures, I can do the job.

Glad she's home.

resister
09-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Glad she's home.
Me too, but it would of been nice if they kept her for the storm, but again, we are 60 miles inland, the hospital was about 15 miles inland.

Green Arrow
09-08-2017, 12:22 AM
Rand is right, in times like these we should be suspending foreign aid and using that money to shore up FEMA. Texas still needs some, and Florida, Puerto Rico, and probably my home of Louisiana will need some by the time Irma, Jose, and Katia are done.

resister
09-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Rand is right, in times like these we should be suspending foreign aid and using that money to shore up FEMA. Texas still needs some, and Florida, Puerto Rico, and probably my home of Louisiana will need some by the time Irma, Jose, and Katia are done.
Priorities challenge our leaders.

Common
09-08-2017, 07:01 AM
There are many times I disagree with Rand Paul, this is not one of them. Its about time we start taking care of our own first. There isnt enough to go around anymore

Chris
09-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Spending other people's money, that they don't have, what can go wrong with that?

Mini Me
09-08-2017, 10:10 AM
That's good news it seems! Batten down the hatches, Brah!

midcan5
09-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Listening to crap like that from Rand Paul make me wish there were a St Peter. Such heartless BS, sad and stupid. Bet he doesn't complain he is paid too much for doing nothing constructive at all.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1139000.Living_High_and_Letting_Die

"By contributing a few hundred dollars to a charity like UNICEF, a prosperous person can ensure that fewer poor children die, and that more will live reasonably long, worthwhile lives. Even when knowing this, however, most people send nothing, and almost all of the rest send little. What is the moral status of this behavior? "

Mister D
09-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Listening to crap like that from Rand Paul make me wish there were a St Peter. Such heartless BS, sad and stupid. Bet he doesn't complain he is paid too much for doing nothing constructive at all.

"By contributing a few hundred dollars to a charity like UNICEF, a prosperous person can ensure that fewer poor children die, and that more will live reasonably long, worthwhile lives. Even when knowing this, however, most people send nothing, and almost all of the rest send little. What is the moral status of this behavior? "
Is he talking about private charity?

Ethereal
09-08-2017, 12:31 PM
It is amazing how much money the US government wastes on overseas spending when that money could be put to good use right here at home.

Just imagine if instead of spending over a trillion dollars on the invasion and occupation of Iraq, that money had been spent on education, healthcare, and tax cuts for the middle class.

Smedley Butler was 100% right when he said war is a racket. It's just too bad that so many Americans are too afraid to stand up to the military-industrial complex, and foreign aid is definitely included within that.

Ethereal
09-08-2017, 12:33 PM

If anyone is looking for a perfect example of why America is doomed, then look no further than the above.