PDA

View Full Version : Welfare buys the Presidency

Peter1469
11-15-2012, 11:04 PM
http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/if-every-food-stamp-recipient-voted-obama-it-would-account-75-his-total

When the American people realize that they can vote themselves the contents of the American treasury, the American experiment is dead--- Peter1469, Nov, 2012AD.

KC
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't know how what percent of food stamp recipients voted for Obama, but I do know a few that voted for Romney. For some, still, money does not buy votes.

Deadwood
11-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Yep and Obamaphones too. It is not any kind of coincidence that the free phone program was expanded six to eight hundred per cent in swing states, especially Florida and Ohio.

Peter1469
11-16-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't know how what percent of food stamp recipients voted for Obama, but I do know a few that voted for Romney. For some, still, money does not buy votes.

The OP indicates that 25% of them voted for R.

patrickt
11-16-2012, 09:13 AM
100% of the dead people voted for Obama and only 30% of them are on welfare.

KC
11-16-2012, 09:40 AM
The OP indicates that 25% of them voted for R.

No it doesn't; it only addresses the hypothetical claim that if all food stamp recipients voted for Obama, that would account for 75% of his base.

There's really no way for us to know the exact statistics about voting patterns among welfare recipients, since voting in the US is still secret, but we could get a general idea using polls.

Chris
11-16-2012, 09:59 AM
http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/if-every-food-stamp-recipient-voted-obama-it-would-account-75-his-total

When the American people realize that they can vote themselves the contents of the American treasury, the American experiment is dead--- Peter1469, Nov, 2012AD.

Sounds like Tytler: "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

Peter1469
11-16-2012, 06:01 PM
No it doesn't; it only addresses the hypothetical claim that if all food stamp recipients voted for Obama, that would account for 75% of his base.

There's really no way for us to know the exact statistics about voting patterns among welfare recipients, since voting in the US is still secret, but we could get a general idea using polls.

I stand corrected. You are right.