PDA

View Full Version : Outrage as well-known rapper 'lynches' small white child in music video

Cannons Front
09-14-2017, 06:35 AM
"Rapper XXXTentacion is under fire after releasing a disturbing music video featuring a Caucasian boy being lynched on a stage as an African-American boy looks on.

The video “Look At Me!" debuted on Tuesday and features imagery depicting police brutality, violent protests, and the 19-year-old Florida-based rapper placing a white child’s head in a noose on stage in front of a crowded theater and then hoisting him up into the air.
The child’s feet are shown dangling and twitching and then they suddenly stop."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/14/outrage-as-well-known-rapper-lynches-small-white-child-in-music-video.html

This is disgusting

I love this line
"The casting director of the video LaShawnna Stanley told that finding parents who would allow their child to be hanged on stage was a challenge."
You think?? I mean who wouldn't want their kid hanged on stage

stjames1_53
09-14-2017, 06:41 AM
but but but...it's fricking art!!!!!

Safety
09-14-2017, 07:18 AM
Y’all are more outraged over a staged event, rather than an eight year old actually having it happen to him?

leekohler2
09-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Y’all are more outraged over a staged event, rather than an eight year old actually having it happen to him?
Rather sad, isn't it?

Cannons Front
09-14-2017, 08:56 AM

Says you.... I guess you are referring to the thread about the 8 year old hung by the 14 year old..... I think that is deplorable it is a crime and the teens involved should be charged, it is a situation that the police and courts now need to address.

That has nothing to do with what happened here, this is about a grown man staging a hanging of a child as part of a music video..... That is ok with you?
Where do kids like the above get ideas like that? From trashy crap like this. I constantly hear about the right being divisive and racist, do you think actions like this are inclusive and improve race relations?

Cannons Front
09-14-2017, 09:00 AM
Rather sad, isn't it?
So the 2 of you Safety and leek, instead of sharing your opinion of this incident in this thread want to derail it about another thread. Great job, so in Safeties style saying we are more outraged by this that the other thread, I guess I can conclude that the 2 of you are ok with hanging children..... as long as it is in a rap video..... so you support child abuse huh?

Chris
09-14-2017, 09:03 AM

Rather sad, isn't it?

Yes were that at all true. But whataboutism is a logical fallacy and you can't find truth with it.

Abby08
09-14-2017, 09:14 AM
What's sad, is, the same couple of people, insisting something happened, when it didn't. In this case, insisting there was no outrage over a young boy actually being hanged....that thread is full of outrage, maybe those two need to go back and READ without blinders on. How much outrage is enough for them? People should grab their guns and go shooting up the place? Is that enough? Sure, that just gives these people the right to say, "see, see how the racist right has become"?

As to the video, absolutely disgusting, depicting anyone being hanged on stage, as part of an act/video, should not be allowed to happen..... freedom of expression? No, that's showing your hatred of an entire race and, disguising it as such.

The parents, that would allow their child to be used in that way, slap child abuse charges on 'em.

stjames1_53
09-14-2017, 11:49 AM
if it had been a "white" rapper using a black child, you would have grabbed a rope yourself

Perianne
09-14-2017, 11:51 AM
if it had been a "white" rapper using a black child, you would have grabbed a rope yourself
What does Captain Obvious call that? Something about "soiling the bed"? There would have been a lot of soiled beds had that happened! hahahahaha

stjames1_53
09-14-2017, 11:57 AM
What does @Captain Obvious (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3) call that? Something about "soiling the bed"? There would have been a lot of soiled beds had that happened! hahahahaha
sh*tified

Captain Obvious
09-14-2017, 11:57 AM
What does Captain Obvious call that? Something about "soiling the bed"? There would have been a lot of soiled beds had that happened! hahahahaha

Oh my god, the bedshitters and race card sqwawkers would go ape shit.

leekohler2
09-14-2017, 12:12 PM
So the 2 of you Safety and leek, instead of sharing your opinion of this incident in this thread want to derail it about another thread. Great job, so in Safeties style saying we are more outraged by this that the other thread, I guess I can conclude that the 2 of you are ok with hanging children..... as long as it is in a rap video..... so you support child abuse huh?

Don't pretend for one minute that you were not thinking about the other thread when you posted this one. Rarely are there coincidences in this forum.

You can say whatever you want, the fact remains that many people here are more outraged by staged event in a video, than they are about an actual real life event.

The only question that needs to be answered is "why?"

Both are wrong in my book. I'm not sure how you reached your "conclusion". But clearly, something that happens in reality is far worse than something fictional. Do you agree or not? And why?

The Xl
09-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Nice guy.

Grokmaster
09-14-2017, 12:27 PM
The punk is entitled to be as big a racist asshole as he wants to be.

Cannons Front
09-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Don't pretend for one minute that you were not thinking about the other thread when you posted this one. Rarely are there coincidences in this forum.
You can say whatever you want, the fact remains that many people here are more outraged by staged event in a video, than they are about an actual real life event.
The only question that needs to be answered is "why?"
Both are wrong in my book. I'm not sure how you reached your "conclusion". But clearly, something that happens in reality is far worse than something fictional. Do you agree or not? And why?

Well to start with I never gave the other article any thought as I posted this, it was a completely different situation, my thought was another fine example of the Gangsta/Rap people causing the divide that rips this country. as far as my conclusion on your position. Safety jumped to the conclusion that we were more outraged at this than the other incident, you then jumped on his bandwagon.
Looking at the other thread there was plenty of outrage about the criminal act that took place and the weak response by the Police. My response to this was that it was disgusting. Somehow Safety decided that was more than the general response to the other thread, a bad conclusion in my opinion, that you seemed to share.

You are correct something that happens is far worse than something that is acted out, that however does not make the acting out ok. However while I think the people involved in the real hanging need to face justice and be held accountable, I also think it is important to hold the people accountable that would do this video, not through the justice system (except the mom maybe) but through public reaction.

Safety
09-14-2017, 01:57 PM

Yes, exactly. Too many here are focused on what "safety" does or what "safety" posts, that all I can say is, thanks. I don't need to spend my time trying to find hypocritical posts from any of you, because now all of you just flock to me. I feel honored. It's nice to know that all I have to do is share my opinion on something, and the forum WNs crawl over each other to thank anyone that responds. :rofl:

Safety
09-14-2017, 01:59 PM
Well to start with I never gave the other article any thought as I posted this, it was a completely different situation, my thought was another fine example of the Gangsta/Rap people causing the divide that rips this country. as far as my conclusion on your position. Safety jumped to the conclusion that we were more outraged at this than the other incident, you then jumped on his bandwagon.
Looking at the other thread there was plenty of outrage about the criminal act that took place and the weak response by the Police. My response to this was that it was disgusting. Somehow Safety decided that was more than the general response to the other thread, a bad conclusion in my opinion, that you seemed to share.

You are correct something that happens is far worse than something that is acted out, that however does not make the acting out ok. However while I think the people involved in the real hanging need to face justice and be held accountable, I also think it is important to hold the people accountable that would do this video, not through the justice system (except the mom maybe) but through public reaction.

Safety didn't "jump" anywhere, he accurately described the thread.

leekohler2
09-14-2017, 02:23 PM

But actually hanging an 8 year old doesn't do more to divide the country? Artistic endeavors are something that can be ignored, but are usually merely pointing out issues in culture and politics. Do you really think the message of that video is to hang white kids? Or do you think another point is being made? Actual crimes cannot be ignored and have real consequences.

I saw a lot of people deflecting from the issue in that thread. I'm not sure which responses you are referring to.

Well, that is for the public to decide then.

Captain Obvious
09-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Chalked up as more snowflake hypocrisy.

Add it to the mountain of others.

Tahuyaman
09-14-2017, 02:48 PM

Who wasn't disturbed by the actual hanging? Just who are you referring to?

Tahuyaman
09-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Safety didn't "jump" anywhere, he accurately described the thread.

you did not.