PDA

View Full Version : Daca

Perianne
09-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Okay, there are other threads out there about this subject, but they get unreadable after a while and I pluck my eyes out.

THIS thread is for adults.

Read this, as I fear he is correct:

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/trumps-gop-amnesty-will-bring-in-millions-of-democrat-voters

pragmatic
09-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Love to see/hear a civil discussion on the topic of DACA. Here is some more information regarding the hype versus reality surrounding the subject.

"Likewise, we're told DACA recipients are college-bound high school grads or military personnel. That's an exaggeration. All that's actually required is that the person enroll in a high school course or an "alternative," including online courses and English-as-a-second-language classes. Under Obama's now-suspended program, you didn't even have to stay enrolled.

Compared with the general population, DACA recipients are not especially highly skilled. A recent survey for several pro-”Dreamer” groups, with participants recruited by those groups, found that while most DACA recipients are not in school, the vast majority work. But their median hourly wage is only $15.34, meaning that many are competing with hard-pressed lower-skilled Americans."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-dreamers-daca-narrative-0914-story.html

Captain Obvious
09-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Are there any real statistics on this?

Real data, demographics and the like or is it all politifucked up?

stjames1_53
09-15-2017, 02:16 PM
DACA, by its own decree was a "deferment" not a pardon. It is temporary, but the SJW seems to think it was a permanent solution. Trump has given Congress it marching orders: Fix it or scrap it. It is in their court, where it should have been to begin with. Just because Congress didn't want to deal with this when Obama demanded it, doesn't add force of law to an EO. Only Congress has the authority to do so

Perianne
09-15-2017, 02:19 PM
But I fear, like the author of the link, that it will only result in more and more poor, unskilled immigrants.

stjames1_53
09-15-2017, 02:35 PM
But I fear, like the author of the link, that it will only result in more and more poor, unskilled immigrants.

I'm under the impression that DACA was for students of illegal aliens. Even if they pass muster, that doesn't give a pass to the rest.....they'll still be illegal aliens and subject for removal.............

Perianne
09-15-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm under the impression that DACA was for students of illegal aliens. Even if they pass muster, that doesn't give a pass to the rest.....they'll still be illegal aliens and subject for removal.............
The article I posted describes the link for other immigrants. It is a good read.